Playing like shitebags and rolling over to rangers

Italian Lambretta

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Some fans are easily pleased. Part of the problem.

Some fans appear to be entitled. A big part of the problem.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

CaptainShanks
53 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

They have competed better than Celtic in Europe because they have played in the Europa League which is levels down from the Champions League. That is the only reason! When they played in the Champions League 2 seasons ago they had one of the worst records in the history of the tournament!!! 

Played 6 

Lost 6

Goals for 2

Goals against 22

Before the last two years they far outperformed Celtic in the Europa League. 

The Celtic defence and a lot of their players are far too powderpuff to do anything in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

👏

Next time we lose a cup semi final can the mods just shut Kickback down for 24 hours till some folks just calm the feck down.

There have been some truly wild takes on here since yesterday. 

:laugh2:

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

and some have really stupid expectations, and fail to understand where hearts really are in the grand scheme of football. 

the club I feel are somewhere in the middle.  Where they should be 

When did some Hearts fans become so entitled and what happened to make them like that?  stuff like "we should get third every year"  "why are we losing to Ross County"  "Kye Rowles isn't good enough for us" etc etc etc

Does my nut in.  The bottom line is, the OF dominate football in this country to an absurd extent, the rest fight over the scraps, and that includes us.  Nobody will ever challenge them unless Abu Dhabi decide to buy a club.

Do I like the situation? no, but it's been like that for well over 30 years and that for the remainder, football is a funny old game and nobody is entitled to finish in a particular position or win any given match.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Twice in one day😂😂👍

😆👍🏽

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

When did some Hearts fans become so entitled and what happened to make them like that?  stuff like "we should get third every year"  "why are we losing to Ross County"  "Kye Rowles isn't good enough for us" etc etc etc

Does my nut in.  The bottom line is, the OF dominate football in this country to an absurd extent, the rest fight over the scraps, and that includes us.  Nobody will ever challenge them unless Abu Dhabi decide to buy a club.

Do I like the situation? no, but it's been like that for well over 30 years and that for the remainder, football is a funny old game and nobody is entitled to finish in a particular position or win any given match.

I think when we won the 2nd of our 3 trophies in 66 years. 🤣

the Romanov years brought an expectation in terms of quality of player that we simply cannot match. I wish we could as much as anyone  But much would a Fyssas, Skacel, an Aguiar. a Bednar or a jankauskas cost today? 30k per week? 40k per week. 

we can’t beat the current team with that stick 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not two third through or a quarter or an eighth. Definitely bang at the halfway point. When did it start?

You are getting boring now.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We’ll all be dead time the journey ends.:10900:

Aye…but maybe we might see the team lift the LC before we are gone.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Not sure anyone is demanding we suddenly start dominating Rangers whenever we play them. At least they shouldn't be.

But it's understandable to be pissed off that yet again, despite all the usual pre-match platitudes of starting fast and putting Rangers under pressure, we yet again do the exact opposite; begin the game like a deer in the headlights and end up a goal down before we've even realised what's happening.

We've been doing that against other teams all season and there's no excuse for it still being an issue, but it is. That it happened after the debacle at Ibrox in a semi-final against an out of form Rangers is the cause of the anger this time, and IMO it's justified. Can handle losing, but not like that when we yet again make it fairly simple for them.

None of that takes away from what's going to be achieved this season. But that also doesn't mean we should just accept it;s groundhog Day whenever Rangers come along.

Edited by Dr Ian Malcolm

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Chuck Berry said:

We should just accept our lot and say thank you. 

It's not entitled to expect our players to compete with rangers once in a while ffs. 

Not entitled.

The money makes a huge difference.

In saying that, we were most disappointed to have made the trip over last Wednesday (we leave Edinburgh tomorrow) and for the Hearts players to appear uninterested, apart from that wee spell in the second half.

1971fozzy
12 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Not sure anyone is demanding we suddenly start dominating Rangers whenever we play them. At least they shouldn't be.

But it's understandable to be pissed off that yet again, despite all the usual pre-match platitudes of starting fast and putting Rangers under pressure, we yet again do the exact opposite; begin the game like a deer in the headlights and end up a goal down before we've even realised what's happening.

We've been doing that against other teams all season and there's no excuse for it still being an issue, but it is. That it happened after the debacle at Ibrox in a semi-final against an out of form Rangers is the cause of the anger this time, and IMO it's justified. Can handle losing, but not like that when we yet again make it fairly simple for them.

None of that takes away from what's going to be achieved this season. But that also doesn't mean we should just accept it;s groundhog Day whenever Rangers come along.

a decent assessment.  We are getting closer but there’s definitely an apathy growing when we play them in Glasgow unfortunately .  We gave them a decent game but it’s the conceding early that does us in. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Aye…but maybe we might see the team lift the LC before we are gone.

We can but hope.

I think its good to push standards. Under Levein 3rd became 4th became top 6 became relegated/demoted. Declining standards put us in that situation. 

We should get third every year. The competition for it 9 times out of 10 is piss weak. Christ, nobody has meaningful challenged us for 3rd so far, last season we were clear before our own collapse (after having been clear for ages, although full credit to Aberdeen), season before that 3rd comfortably. 

When I look at my lifetime of supporting Hearts, Levein years in the early 00s, successive 3rd place finishes, Vlad years, Csaba & JJ managing 3rd but a whole lot of mismanagement inbetween. Robbie comes in, back to 3rd, leaves & more mismanagement, Robbie returns back to 3rd and Naismith looks close to returning to 3rd again. I think to not demand/expect 3rd for a club with just shy of 20k fans attending every week is doing a disservice to the club. By every sensible metric, we are the 3rd largest club in Scotland, and so should expect to finish 3rd. It doesn't give us a god given right to do so, but it does give fans the right to demand that of the club management & players. 

A hearts manager has generally speaking the 3rd most resources at their disposal. 3rd should be viewed as ours to lose every season. It absolutely is about mentality. Look at how Naismith has turned around our away form. Robbie clearly had something badly wrong with his approach to away games. Finishing 3rd when you have the 3rd most resources at your disposal is not unreasonable. 

I do appreciate that the gap between 3rd and 4th-12th is significantly closer than the gap between 2nd and 3rd. But that shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify failing to finish best of the rest. 

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

We should just accept our lot and say thank you. 

It's not entitled to expect our players to compete with rangers once in a while ffs. 

We did compete, and we lost. 

Every single team in Scotland will lose a hell of a lot more games than they win against the OF, that doesn't need explained.

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think its good to push standards. Under Levein 3rd became 4th became top 6 became relegated/demoted. Declining standards put us in that situation. 

We should get third every year. The competition for it 9 times out of 10 is piss weak. Christ, nobody has meaningful challenged us for 3rd so far, last season we were clear before our own collapse (after having been clear for ages, although full credit to Aberdeen), season before that 3rd comfortably. 

When I look at my lifetime of supporting Hearts, Levein years in the early 00s, successive 3rd place finishes, Vlad years, Csaba & JJ managing 3rd but a whole lot of mismanagement inbetween. Robbie comes in, back to 3rd, leaves & more mismanagement, Robbie returns back to 3rd and Naismith looks close to returning to 3rd again. I think to not demand/expect 3rd for a club with just shy of 20k fans attending every week is doing a disservice to the club. By every sensible metric, we are the 3rd largest club in Scotland, and so should expect to finish 3rd. It doesn't give us a god given right to do so, but it does give fans the right to demand that of the club management & players. 

A hearts manager has generally speaking the 3rd most resources at their disposal. 3rd should be viewed as ours to lose every season. It absolutely is about mentality. Look at how Naismith has turned around our away form. Robbie clearly had something badly wrong with his approach to away games. Finishing 3rd when you have the 3rd most resources at your disposal is not unreasonable. 

I do appreciate that the gap between 3rd and 4th-12th is significantly closer than the gap between 2nd and 3rd. But that shouldn't be used as an excuse to justify failing to finish best of the rest. 

No we shouldn't expect third.  There isn't a lot between us and Aberdeen and Hibs when it comes to attracting players/managers and the chance to ring-fence third, football doesn't work like that.

Yes we expect to be competing for third each season, but we simply won't finish third each and every season, we might have to settle for fourth, or fifth or sixth.  That's something fans needs to get their head around, that's what makes football so special.

Jim Panzee
21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not entitled.

The money makes a huge difference.

Sure does.

it was like Burnley v Chelsea yesterday.

us (Burnley) no mugs v gazillion pound players - who form wise maybe shite, but still much better

Bazzas right boot

Some fans are bams, that is part of the problem. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

No we shouldn't expect third.  There isn't a lot between us and Aberdeen and Hibs when it comes to attracting players/managers and the chance to ring-fence third, football doesn't work like that.

Yes we expect to be competing for third each season, but we simply won't finish third each and every season, we might have to settle for fourth, or fifth or sixth.  That's something fans needs to get their head around, that's what makes football so special.

Yip, balanced.

Luckies1874
21 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

In 2024 given the way football has gone and when finances dictate things in every league Hearts should never finish 5th or 6th in Scotland. To do so is complete failure. Personally I don't expect that to happen again for a very long time as we are now run in a way that even when we see average performance on the field we are just too strong over the course of 38 games for the far smaller clubs we compete against in the top league in Scottish football. It's not going to happen that your St Johnstone's or Motherwell's will finish ahead of Hearts again as has happened in the past. Our player budgets and wage structure coupled with the sustainable business plan, and ever increasing revenue will now always see us ahead of most of the rest just as it will continue to see the big two ahead of us. Just as it has elsewhere there is an emerging hierarchy behind the Weegies, in our league too ie us! We have a huge opportunity to now continue to increase the gap below us. 

Edited by Luckies1874

12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

IMO a successful season is 3rd and/or a cup. 4th is an unfortunate season and less than that isn't good enough. 

Last season was gutting because we were in the driving seat for 3rd for so long, before that complete and utter capitulation. The Cathro/Levein period was depressing because we knew we were underperforming. 

To me that is because the expectation at large is that Hearts should be finishing 3rd. If you want to reword it to being competing for 3rd, then fine. Not going to split hairs, but when we don't finish 3rd I generally struggle to consider it a positive season and I think most fans would take a similar view. 

When we finish lower than 4th, I think thats a moment where the managers head needs to be firmly on the chopping board. Things evidently have went badly wrong in those circumstances, and it becomes a very fair question to ask if they're still up to the job. Christ, we all were asking that under Levein and the board pulled the trigger too late. There should be alarm bells going off if we're not finishing 3rd. Short of Aberdeen or Hibs pulling off something special, I struggle with the idea that we shouldn't be finishing 3rd and now, with such stable ownership it should absolutely be something we begin to turn the screws on. 

Go for it 1308
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

IMO a successful season is 3rd and/or a cup. 4th is an unfortunate season and less than that isn't good enough. 

Last season was gutting because we were in the driving seat for 3rd for so long, before that complete and utter capitulation. The Cathro/Levein period was depressing because we knew we were underperforming. 

To me that is because the expectation at large is that Hearts should be finishing 3rd. If you want to reword it to being competing for 3rd, then fine. Not going to split hairs, but when we don't finish 3rd I generally struggle to consider it a positive season and I think most fans would take a similar view. 

When we finish lower than 4th, I think thats a moment where the managers head needs to be firmly on the chopping board. Things evidently have went badly wrong in those circumstances, and it becomes a very fair question to ask if they're still up to the job. Christ, we all were asking that under Levein and the board pulled the trigger too late. There should be alarm bells going off if we're not finishing 3rd. Short of Aberdeen or Hibs pulling off something special, I struggle with the idea that we shouldn't be finishing 3rd and now, with such stable ownership it should absolutely be something we begin to turn the screws on. 

Great Post 👍 

SMJ_1874
5 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Having had some time to digest yesterday's events, I still feel pretty deflated. Some of what Steven Naismith said after the game was certainly valid. We did do some good things and we did create more chances than we did in the previous semi-final against Rangers(that is a very low bar to be fair). And we were most certainly 'immature'(I could think of more colourful words) in the final third. 

My own analysis is somewhat harsher than that. I think we failed at multiple levels yesterday. I think the manager failed by not setting the midfield up properly. John Lundstram had his usual game against us, wandering around the field in oceans of space doing whatever he wanted. Todd Cantwell drifted in behind Beni and Devlin all afternoon and picked up the ball between our midfield and our back four. It caused us all sorts of problems. It was never rectified at any point.

Defensively I thought we did ok in general. But both goals we conceded were soft. Stephen Kingsley and Kye Rowles were both culpable for the first goal. For the second goal we had three players surrounding Todd Cantwell but not one of them thought tackling him might be a good idea. Poor stuff. It's ok defending well for most of the match but if you give away two cheap goals you can't call it a good day defensively.

Up front we were abysmal. The decision making left so much to be desired. Alan Forrest has tonnes of heart but lacks quality. Kenneth Vargas was brutal. Like in many other games this season, Lawrence Shankland was starved of service and started coming deep just to try and get involved in the game. I doubt that was the gameplan. 

All in all it was disappointing. The next time we play Rangers, if anyone should see me on here saying things like 'this is our turn', just tell me to stop. From now on I am just going to expect defeat against them and if somehow we manage to beat them it will come as a beautiful, glorious surprise to me.

Very good and truthful post. I was angry and disappointed yesterday. Also a bit clouded with two hours in a bowling club prior but it helped numb the pain. I watched the goals again multiple times and on my lord. Both goals were defensive errors. No need for Kingsley to try and cut the ball out for the first. Let it run a sit wouldn’t have been caught. Kyle Rowles then tackles like a fairy and loses. Atkinson all at sea and it was an easy finish for Dessers. The second one I wouldn’t even blame Tait as he was striding forward trying to create something. Cantrell had all the time in the world and ran unchallenged. There were 3 players around him and not one challenge. Beni standing 1.5 yards away spectating. Even when Girson saves the shot we’re playing musical statues and he gets a second bite at it. Comical defending. Rowles is far too soft and lightweight.

Need the real craig Halkett back or if he’s injured again then we have to wave goodbye. We need a presence at the back and I’m afraid KR isn’t it. Atkinson I’ve seen enough of to know that he’s not what we need as he’s another that has no positional awareness. We also rely on Beni too much as if he’s some sort of enigma but I’d sit him for the rest of the season as he’s not coming back and his ceiling is bottom of the championship or league 1. Thankfully Naisy is addressing this. I’d also like Theo Bair upfront to give us a bit of menace and that’s whether shanks stays or goes.  Forrest is not at our desired level (don’t want to be unkind) and Grant can’t produce in the big games although he was MOM against Celtic at Parkhead in December. 

All in all a bitterly disappointing day to a very average Rangers team that were there for the taking and we couldn’t capitalise on it. I’m also dismayed at why Cochrane was benched and didn’t feature and I’m not buying it that it was for tactical reasons. 

As it stands there is absolutely no chance of completing with the OF. It’s irrelevant that they may lose a game or two here and there to lesser opposition. That happens to all dominant sides in every league, but it does not mean they’re “there for the taking”

To beat them they must have an off day and the opposition not just top of their form but carrying a bit of luck. The OF are teams who can qualify for Europe through play offs, think Hearts can do that?

if they’re average the rest of the Scottish league are utter pish in comparison.

SMJ_1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Well said sir 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

1 hour ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Well put and I agree with your assessment.

GinRummy
6 hours ago, McCrae said:

You are getting boring now.

You’re talking shite though eh? Halfway through some masterplan but boring to explain what you meant. 

Bull's-eye

Who's getting sacked then, is it the boards fault again, Naismiths heid on the chopping block, or are we emptying all the players except Craig Gordon again ?

DG_HMFC
6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

As it stands there is absolutely no chance of completing with the OF. It’s irrelevant that they may lose a game or two here and there to lesser opposition. That happens to all dominant sides in every league, but it does not mean they’re “there for the taking”

To beat them they must have an off day and the opposition not just top of their form but carrying a bit of luck. The OF are teams who can qualify for Europe through play offs, think Hearts can do that?

if they’re average the rest of the Scottish league are utter pish in comparison.

And not only just qualify but actually get out their groups.

We can only dream of achieving that.

We need to focus on finishing 3rd every year, that's the real challenge for us.

8 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

So we're not expected to get anything from the Old Firm, because of budgets, but losing to the likes of Ross County is acceptable, even though we have a higher budget? Can't have it both ways.

mscjambo

I was obviously frustrated on Sunday like everyone else. All the chat we rolled over etc...never laid a glove all the cliché stuff. 💯 people are entitled to an opinion.

The way I saw it. We started slowly a trait that we've exhibited alot this season..can get away with it against livi but you gave an under pressure rangers side a lift. 

Tactically we again never got close enough to Cantwell or Lundstrum. Our wide mrn never got beyond shankland enough to expose the space in behind and our decision making was poor at both ends. Think we maybe lack a bit of quality in the final 3rd if shankland isn't on it. Hopefully summer addresses some of that. 

Again share the frustration but start for me kills the momentum and in some ways it's happened all season, slow starts. 

54 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Exactly, they even top their groups. it's silly to think oh they lost to Ross County, that means they're not a Europe league knockout team anymore, nor a team who have already won silverware, are in the final of another cup, running away with minimum second in the league and can still win it. Lost to Ross County, shite, anybody can beat them. Which is obviously ludicrous.

Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, they all occasionally lose to lesser opposition, which absolutely does not mean they're "there for the taking"

Rangers man of the match was probably Cantwell, a player valued at 8.5 million euros on transfermarkt, and he's just one of the multi million pound players they have all over the pitch and even on the bench. There is no one in Scotland outside Celtic who should ever play them and be expecting to win.

They can hope to win, and sometimes they might, but expecting it is going to end in disappointment most of the time. And it's not because players are shitebags which to my mind is about as dumb as it gets.

Do we think the OF get beaten in the champions league because they're shitebags? Or is it because they're outclassed by much larger budgets? It doesn't take an Einstein to figure it out, nor to figure out why Hamilton Accies wont be winning anything at all even if they field a side of barbarian warriors all sporting a VC.

jamboozy

I’m glad a lot of people are confirming that we can’t compete with the rangers, and it’s pointless expecting to win against them. Saves me having to go to that cowp through in Glasgow next time we come up against them.

A lot of people going on about the difference in quality and cost of players etc, we should just know our place and continue to be a cozy wee club for players and managers to come to. Don’t be keen for your club to grow and be competitive folks, you will only be scoffed by the know your place brigade.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Money. A lot of the modern supporters, firmly believe, that the more money you have the easier success on the football field becomes. If only it was always that easy.

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

If we invest the Euro cash, FOH money and extra hotel income wisely, then 3rd place should be there for the taking.

boag1874
12 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agree with general point, but Rangers don't compete better than celtic in Europe. 

Celtic just compete,  or don't at a higher level.

When both teams were in the ucl- both were shite. That is a fair comparison, both were in at the same level- look at the results then.

Celtic haven’t won a knockout game in any European competition in about 15/20 years or something and Rangers reached a Europa League final and took it to pens only 2 years ago, regularly beating sides that you’d expect to comfortably beat either of the old firm on the way. Celtic wouldn’t have done that despite being technically a better side. They were hopeless in the champions league that’s correct but Celtic have been hopeless at every level for years.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Celtic haven’t won a knockout game in any European competition in about 15/20 years or something and Rangers reached a Europa League final and took it to pens only 2 years ago, regularly beating sides that you’d expect to comfortably beat either of the old firm on the way. Celtic wouldn’t have done that despite being technically a better side. They were hopeless in the champions league that’s correct but Celtic have been hopeless at every level for years.

When both were in the same level of competition at the same time,  both were hopeless, celtic have been in the ucl for 10/11  years, Rangers haven't been at the same level, when they were the ended up with the worse ucl record, ever iirc.

Rangers have done very well in the eurpo league, really well and should be applauded but comparing that competition to the ucl isn't fair. It's levels above as rangers found out themselves.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Na, not entirey, na

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

When was the last time celtic won a qualifier, or got out of a group?

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You’re talking shite though eh? Halfway through some masterplan but boring to explain what you meant. 

It’s an eternal plan.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

I’m glad a lot of people are confirming that we can’t compete with the rangers, and it’s pointless expecting to win against them. Saves me having to go to that cowp through in Glasgow next time we come up against them.

A lot of people going on about the difference in quality and cost of players etc, we should just know our place and continue to be a cozy wee club for players and managers to come to. Don’t be keen for your club to grow and be competitive folks, you will only be scoffed by the know your place brigade.

Fair comment.

23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

When both were in the same level of competition at the same time,  both were hopeless, celtic have been in the ucl for 10/11  years, Rangers haven't been at the same level, when they were the ended up with the worse ucl record, ever iirc.

Rangers have done very well in the eurpo league, really well and should be applauded but comparing that competition to the ucl isn't fair. It's levels above as rangers found out themselves.

Celtic have been in the Europa League plenty of times, same as Rangers. That's the same level and Celtic have been abysmal. 

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

When was the last time celtic won a qualifier, or got out of a group?

It's 20 odd years since they won a knockout tie in Europe. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

It's 20 odd years since they won a knockout tie in Europe. 

Yeah, it was rhetoric and not pro 'the rangers' in any way

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I was obviously frustrated on Sunday like everyone else. All the chat we rolled over etc...never laid a glove all the cliché stuff. 💯 people are entitled to an opinion.

The way I saw it. We started slowly a trait that we've exhibited alot this season..can get away with it against livi but you gave an under pressure rangers side a lift. 

Tactically we again never got close enough to Cantwell or Lundstrum. Our wide mrn never got beyond shankland enough to expose the space in behind and our decision making was poor at both ends. Think we maybe lack a bit of quality in the final 3rd if shankland isn't on it. Hopefully summer addresses some of that. 

Again share the frustration but start for me kills the momentum and in some ways it's happened all season, slow starts. 

💯

The vast majority of the upset from Sunday comes from the fact it's the same old, same old, to some degree.

Lack of intensity, poor (awful - Livi anyone ?) starts , poor first half days displays and compounded on Sunday by poor tactics that gave Rangers a hall pass.

Naturally, that get's ignored by those who're quick to jump down the throats of anyone pointing this out and contorted into some kind of "entitlement" when it's not, in the vast majority of cases.

Sunday proved yet again Hearts don't have the players with the right mentality or physical strength to compete - and we've known that all season long. The disappointment isn't in getting beat, it's that the same  failings & frailties keep appearing. 

There's no denying Rangers have better players - they always have, but getting bossed in the manner we were  by two guys from Sheffield United & Norwich is underwhelming  to say the least and doesn't bode well for European football next season. 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, it was rhetoric and not pro 'the rangers' in any way

Yip. I understand that. Celtic may be stronger domestically, but to say they have a similar record in Europe is clearly nonsense. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Money. A lot of the modern supporters, firmly believe, that the more money you have the easier success on the football field becomes. If only it was always that easy.

Correct, having more money is no guarantee of success.

Chuck Berry
10 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

In 2024 given the way football has gone and when finances dictate things in every league Hearts should never finish 5th or 6th in Scotland. To do so is complete failure.

Not really.

Finances dictate things when the disparity is huge - ie OF v the rest - but it doesn't really dictate things when there is little difference to make a significant impact year upon year ie Hearts v Aberdeen v Hibs.

Even then, it's football and having more money than the other guy doesn't mean you are guaranteed anything.  Hearts will finish outside the top three, and probably fairly regularly because that's football, and that's why we watch it.  

To say that not finishing third is "complete failure" smacks of entitlement. That's not to say I don't want us to finish third or higher every single year, I just do not expect it.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

To say that not finishing third is "complete failure" smacks of entitlement.

:rofl:

Try again. I never said that. 

By the way your use of the word “entitlement” is hilarious. 

Fozzyonthefence
12 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

If feeling entitled is expecting better than 2 draws (one in a dead rubber for the Huns) and 12 defeats in 14 games then I’m guilty as charged.  I think nearly all of us are.  

Biggest part of the problem is the players (and you have to say management too).  I’m failing to see how the fans who continue to give tremendous backing to the team both on and off the pitch are part of the problem.