Hearts V Rangers Scottish cup semi final match day thread

Cameronstheman

Gordons left glove
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Limp bizkit- hilarious joke.

Aye, clearly!:rofl:

I thought it was hilarious and charming. Kidding on I know it's a shit joke but I really don't have anything against him. Has bags of potential. 👍

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

fabienleclerq
9 hours ago, Butterbean1874 said:

Heard this before especially when we played them in the cup final a couple seasons ago they had just played 120 mins in a european final & we know what happened 

Hearts were carrying injuries that day. We took the uefa cup finalists to extra time.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Archie White said:

Don't kick the bear Naisy.

Exactly 

Atkinson is our best right back by a distance

No issue at all with him in there

He’s went toe for toe with Mbappe FFS

I doubt he will be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer

31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Limp bizkit- hilarious joke.

Aye, clearly!:rofl:

Why are you so bothered by this? Calm your wee panties down mate😂

It was just a rubbish cringey joke with a play on Lembikisa's name, which vaguely (if at all) sounded like it. Pretty clear he wasn't saying it as a dig but of course you thought so!

6 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

I'd have to agree Atkinson is our best option. He does have his moments but he's shown he's capable too. On his return from injury this season he was excellent before he went away with Australia.

best in the land

Don't think rangers recent results will make a difference in a semi final.

Hopefully the players have the right mentality for the occasion.

Would be one of the best maybe even THE best cup win if we are able to beat both of the arse cheeks at Hampden though. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by best in the land

11 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I'd have to agree Atkinson is our best option. He does have his moments but he's shown he's capable too. On his return from injury this season he was excellent before he went away with Australia.

I like him a lot especially at right back with good tracking and interceptions 

He used to lose the ball a lot coming out from the back but seeing less of it now as he is cutting inside instead

Great engine getting up and down the park as well

RustyRightPeg
24 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Correct. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Quite clearly a joke.

You know,

Like Motherwells hilarious tweet

Aye, side splitting!

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

I thought it was hilarious and charming. Kidding on I know it's a shit joke but I really don't have anything against him. Has bags of potential. 👍

👍

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

I agree to an extent, I’ve defended Atkinson heavily, I think he is under rated as a defender and I like the way he drives infield.  Gives us something in an attacking sense.

however, he may be the most inconsistent player we’ve had for some time.  At Celtic away he was brilliant defended brilliantly went forward when he could , at rangers away it was like he had never seen a football.  Have never seen a player get robbed of the ball so often.  We then followed that up by playing him v hibs at home, again robbed constantly, constantly gave away possession.  

Hes a funny player.  I do like the guy.  But my goodness he needs to find some consistency.

HopeDiouf
38 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

there are plenty issues with Atkinson in there.  Never know which one will turn up for a start, the one thats a footballer, or the one that isn't. 

Anyone that think's RB isn't a weak spot for us is kidding themselves.  Atkinson is prob our least bad option.

karipidis
1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

Atkinson is a poor player. He has improved slightly defensively but has regressed going forward as he constantly loses the ball and lacks any creativity. I would start him ahead of Dexter if we go with a 4 but it is certainly a problem position. 

And toe to toe with Mbappe 😄 

Mbappe gave Australia's defence nightmares with his pace, creation and threat. He fully deserved his goal and could have had more, particularly when he volleyed over an open goal in the first half.

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Atkinson is a poor player. He has improved slightly defensively but has regressed going forward as he constantly loses the ball and lacks any creativity. I would start him ahead of Dexter if we go with a 4 but it is certainly a problem position. 

Mbappe gave Australia's defence nightmares with his pace, creation and threat. He fully deserved his goal and could have had more, particularly when he volleyed over an open goal in the first half.

Atkinson acquitted himself very well against probably the best player on the planet . No way he deserves digging out for that performance . He did go toe to toe with him and made a couple of goal saving blocks and tackles on him 

Edited by Sooks

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Guy could make any defender in world football at any level look stupid and Natty did okay. That's it, there's nothing else to be said. 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Guy could make any defender in world football at any level look stupid and Natty did okay. That's it, there's nothing else to be said. 

Natty is the least bad option, but pretending RB isnt a weak spot for us is delusional.

Edited by HopeDiouf

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Natty is the last worst option, but pretending RB isnt a weak spot for us is delusional.

Who's pretending it isn't a weak spot? I'd hazard a guess that almost everyone thinks we need a new RB. Doesn't mean nobody is allowed to point out some positives in Atkinson at the same time.

Edited by Chimp

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Who's pretending it isn't a weak spot? I'd hazard a guess that almost everyone thinks we need a new RB. Doesn't mean nobody is allowed to point out some positives in Atkinson at the same time.

folks saying he went toe to toe with Mbappe and he won't be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer.  Reality is, well all be hoping we can get through the game without our RB weakness costing us.

DG_HMFC
2 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Where is everyone going for a pre match refreshment? Had heard the record factory mentioned 

International Bar.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Natty is the least bad option, but pretending RB isnt a weak spot for us is delusional.

Not saying it isn't a weak spot, but the constant barrage of negativity is boring.

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Where is everyone going for a pre match refreshment? Had heard the record factory mentioned 

Glencairn I think

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gordons left glove said:

He’s just moaning because he was the only person who didn’t get it 🤪

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

folks saying he went toe to toe with Mbappe and he won't be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer.  Reality is, well all be hoping we can get through the game without our RB weakness costing us.

He got ripped to pieces, was at fault for at least one goal and Rowles had a torrid time too with Giroud. 
Totally expected though, thankfully he won’t face anyone that good on Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Still don't see anyone pretending we don't need a new right back though. It's possible to point out strengths or good points in someone's game but also think we need better. 

Also I don't think he would be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer. Who do you reckon he'll be fazed by out of interest? 

Edited by Chimp

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Still don't see anyone pretending we don't need a new right back though. It's possible to point out strengths or good points in someone's game but also think we need better. 

Also I don't think he would be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer. Who do you reckon from he'll be fazed by out of interest? 

whichever of their wingers they play.  is it sima these days?  If he gets through the game without costing us I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

whichever of their wingers they play.  is it sima these days?  If he gets through the game without costing us I'll be pleasantly surprised.

So you're not even sure who he'll be up against but he'll be fazed by whoever it is. Fair enough. 

Even if he did have a bad game, it doesn't automatically mean he was worried or frightened by his opponent. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Chimp said:

So you're not even sure who he'll be up against but he'll be fazed by whoever it is. Fair enough. 

Even if he did have a bad game, it doesn't automatically mean he was worried or frightened by his opponent. 

Could care less if he's frightened by his opponent.  It's the giving away of goals thats the issue.  Hopefully he has one of his good games on Sunday.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

Could care less if he's frightened by his opponent.  It's the giving away of goals thats the issue.  Hopefully he has one of his good games on Sunday.

That's basically a definition of the word fazed though - to be worried, frightened, disturbed. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its who turns up on the day semis. Shitebag Rangers v Shitebag Hearts, they win, we need Shitebag Rangers v Cocky Hearts, hence Naisys presser, trying to rouse his players into believing they can do this by leading with a cocky quip or two.

Boba Fett

Hi all! I took a break from writing the new Tynecastle show and wrote and recorded a wee poem about Hearts and the semi final that was picked for The Hamden Collection website. Give it a watch if you like… You can also vote for Hearts in the poetry semi final against poems about the other three teams (we are currently humping the rest!)

Cannae wait for Sunday ❤️

https://hampdencollection.com/poetrypredictor/  

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

That's basically a definition of the word fazed though - to be worried, frightened, disturbed. 

if he costs us a goal, I'll let the SFA know it doesn't count cause he wasn't fazed.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

if he costs us a goal, I'll let the SFA know it doesn't count cause he wasn't fazed.

Very mature response. Gid yin

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Funny how time can play tricks on your memory!  Mbappe ripped him up for arse paper, so much so that he never played another minute in the tournament.  No disgrace in getting ripped by Mbappe mind you but I’m more concerned at how pish he looks against Hibs, Ross County, etc.  He’s nowhere near good enough and Rangers will no doubt be targeting our RB area irrespective of who plays between Atkinson and Dexter, both piss poor defensively. 

You say you doubt he will be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer but he seemed pretty fazed the last time he played them! He’s the weakest link of our regular starters by a country mile but I’m pretty confident Naismith & co will address this in the summer. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its who turns up on the day semis. Shitebag Rangers v Shitebag Hearts, they win, we need Shitebag Rangers v Cocky Hearts, hence Naisys presser, trying to rouse his players into believing they can do this by leading with a cocky quip or two.

Normally I’d just be expecting shitebag Hearts to turn up but under Naismith there’s that little bit more hope. 

13 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi all! I took a break from writing the new Tynecastle show and wrote and recorded a wee poem about Hearts and the semi final that was picked for The Hamden Collection website. Give it a watch if you like… You can also vote for Hearts in the poetry semi final against poems about the other three teams (we are currently humping the rest!)

"The cup's coming east and it's decked in maroon."

****in' yes man. Great stuff.

Pans Jambo

Do not forget your scarf!!!

Lets get the twirlies on the go when the players take to the pitch.

THE BIRTH OF THE TWIRLY - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback

Boba Fett
4 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

"The cup's coming east and it's decked in maroon."

****in' yes man. Great stuff.

Cheers pal! Ever the optimist 🇱🇻 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Absolutely. Should be no excuses for any able-bodied fan not to participate. What a sight it is 🤌🏼

Jambonairn
22 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

That's absolutely brilliant Boba.  Proper shivers listening to that.

#deckedinmaroon

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My lucky 2012 cashmere Hearts scarf has been looked out. 👍

New Town Loafer

Won't be a better time to play them, but it's important the players and management don't dwell on that. Play our game and we will create chances and if we can create chances we have one of the best finishers going.

40 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Funny how time can play tricks on your memory!  Mbappe ripped him up for arse paper, so much so that he never played another minute in the tournament.  No disgrace in getting ripped by Mbappe mind you but I’m more concerned at how pish he looks against Hibs, Ross County, etc.  He’s nowhere near good enough and Rangers will no doubt be targeting our RB area irrespective of who plays between Atkinson and Dexter, both piss poor defensively. 

You say you doubt he will be fazed by anything Rangers have to offer but he seemed pretty fazed the last time he played them! He’s the weakest link of our regular starters by a country mile but I’m pretty confident Naismith & co will address this in the summer. 

Atkinson picked up an injury at that world cup, hence not playing any more games following France.

26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Atkinson is a player who lacks confidence in his own ability and is probably one of his biggest critics. This is borne out by his statement after his match up with Mbappe

Speaking after the game, Atkinson gave a brutal self-assessment of his performance.

He remarked: "It's an eye-opener.

"There's a reason why he's earning $200million-a-year and I am where I am."

The reason for his failure not to appear in the rest of the tournament was injury but it is not clear if this was physical in nature. In actual fact he was named in the Australian team for the second world cup match and this was hurriedly changed before kick off. 

If you have watched him in games, it is clear that if he starts we'll he has a good game, as demonstrated against Celtic. If however he makes a mistake early on, the crowd groan, and it's all down hill from there. It would be interesting to see the outcome if he was given another chance in terms of backing by the fans. I know from speaking to a lot of people that Atkinson has a lot of good will but this isn't transferred to reaction of fans during the game. If he plays we need him in a positive mind set and maybe we can help with this.

14 hours ago, Daveandal said:

It's obviously alot easier said than done but an early goal from us and they could fall apart.  I suspect their support certainly couldn't handle being 1-0 down after 5 minutes.

That's what I'm thinking. If they go a goal down, it could turn quite angry, which would play right into our hands. Whereas if they score first it could turn into a long afternoon for us.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What was SN saying in his presser mate? 

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

What was SN saying in his presser

He was saying when rangers had a good run of form they were relying on a lot of luck. Referencing the game they beat us with 2 late goals etc.

Wee Mikey
On 18/04/2024 at 07:38, Negan said:

One goal does not make a player decent. 

True ... but, that was but one, (albeit exceptional) example which totally negates the notion that Bazza isn't 'decent'.

I'm on the 'Bazza train' and some of his passes last week were outstanding. The one that nutmegged a Livi player and picked out Grant (?) in the box was sublime. It was up our end so maybe not too easy to see from where you sit? They don't always come off, for sure (and last week was about 50/50), but that's par for the course with 'mercurial' players. It often takes other players to be 'tuned in'.

Anyhoo, I have faith in Naismith. If Bazza is picked as a starter then It'll be made with knowledge above and beyond ours.

Either way, it's looking like almost a full squad for starters & bench.

❤️❤️G❤️