• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi all! I took a break from writing the new Tynecastle show and wrote and recorded a wee poem about Hearts and the semi final that was picked for The Hamden Collection website. Give it a watch if you like… You can also vote for Hearts in the poetry semi final against poems about the other three teams (we are currently humping the rest!)

Cannae wait for Sunday ❤️

https://hampdencollection.com/poetrypredictor/  

Nice one. 👍

12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

True ... but, that was but one, (albeit exceptional) example which totally negates the notion that Bazza isn't 'decent'.

I'm on the 'Bazza train' and some of his passes last week were outstanding. The one that nutmegged a Livi player and picked out Grant (?) in the box was sublime. It was up our end so maybe not too easy to see from where you sit? They don't always come off, for sure (and last week was about 50/50), but that's par for the course with 'mercurial' players. It often takes other players to be 'tuned in'.

Anyhoo, I have faith in Naismith. If Bazza is picked as a starter then It'll be made with knowledge above and beyond ours.

Either way, it's looking like almost a full squad for starters & bench.

❤️❤️G❤️

He has never stood out in a big game for me. Thats my worry. 

Wee Mikey
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Got the lucky Hearts 'Bawbags' on standby and fresh for Sunday :biggrin: 

As per fans' favourite 'lucky scarves', have you washed yer lucky bawbags?

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, Negan said:

He has never stood out in a big game for me. Thats my worry. 

Dinnae fash, Mr Negs.

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Dinnae fash, Mr Negs.

Hope I am wrong, usually am when it comes to tactics :cornette:😅

Pans Jambo
19 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As per fans' favourite 'lucky scarves', have you washed yer lucky bawbags?

Yes, as are my 'lucky socks' :biggrin:.

Surely nobody washes their scarf until the end of the season???

HoGwash
5 hours ago, Archie White said:

Don't kick the bear Naisy.

Sod that. Kick it firmly in the nuts.

About time we noised them up a bit. Naisy clearly trying to install a bit of belief in the team and the fans.

Just now, HoGwash said:

About time we noised them up a bit. Naisy clearly trying to install a bit of belief in the team and the fans.

Correct!

Wee Mikey
16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

My 'lucky' (I actually don't believe in 'luck') classic 2012 Hearts cashmere scarf still has tears of joy embedded within the fabric.

Never to be washed ... nor dry-cleaned ... and likely buried with me, but hopefully not until a league title has been won.

I'm running out of time!

🤣

Watt-Zeefuik

The game against Mbappe is a hard one to use as a comparator, for obvious reasons, but if I recall correctly didn’t he do well against Son in the Asia cup, with Australia losing the lead only after he went off?

Wee Mikey
34 minutes ago, Negan said:

Hope I am wrong, usually am when it comes to tactics :cornette:😅

Me too, as are most folks ... if they were being honest.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I agree. When you have an opponent who you’ve had so little success against, it’s hard not to get a little tentative and starry eyed against them. The team mentality needs to change and a bit of smack talk isn’t the worst way to do it.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Me too, as are most folks ... if they were being honest.

I celebrate and remember the times I’m right on tactics because they’re few enough that I can remember them. :lol:

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I celebrate and remember the times I’m right on tactics because they’re few enough that I can remember them. :lol:

I'm guessing that EVERYBODY remembers Levein's tactics v the so-called 'Invincibles' for our 4-0 demolition game.

Anyhoo ... long gone now.

It's the next match wot counts, and I have faith in Naismith.

Something that I thought was a masterstroke by Levein when we played Celtic and beat them was sticking Jake Mulraney on Kieran Tierney. 

Back then, Tierney was a brilliant rampaging attacking fullback, so this effectively pinned him back for most of the game as Mulraneys pace was extremely dangerous to risk letting break through. 

I wonder if Naismith could do similar by sticking Oda on the left and following a similar approach where he just pins Tavernier back ? He's not exactly a good defender and is so rarely put under any meaningful pressure, that this might offer a chance to really limit Rangers ability to exploit the wide areas as effectively. 

Gordon

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Beni

Grant

Forrest Shankland Oda

I don't trust Barrie McKay in big games, so I think starting him is pointless. Forrest is an absolute workhorse and Oda has the sort of pace that could cause Rangers problems. He's also agile enough to potentially draw fouls in dangerous areas if the Referee hasn't decided the result before a ball is kicked...

Wee Mikey
17 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Hopefully, Naismith has let our players know how to deal with opposition players ...

... but ...

We might, just might, have to be a tad more subtle, given that we'll be up against a full team of on-field & VAR officials.

Screenshot_20240419_132055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240419_132103_Gallery.jpg

McNelly15
3 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Hi all! I took a break from writing the new Tynecastle show and wrote and recorded a wee poem about Hearts and the semi final that was picked for The Hamden Collection website. Give it a watch if you like… You can also vote for Hearts in the poetry semi final against poems about the other three teams (we are currently humping the rest!)

Nice one buddy 😊 the vote is in !!

57 minutes ago, OTT said:

Something that I thought was a masterstroke by Levein when we played Celtic and beat them was sticking Jake Mulraney on Kieran Tierney. 

Back then, Tierney was a brilliant rampaging attacking fullback, so this effectively pinned him back for most of the game as Mulraneys pace was extremely dangerous to risk letting break through. 

I wonder if Naismith could do similar by sticking Oda on the left and following a similar approach where he just pins Tavernier back ? He's not exactly a good defender and is so rarely put under any meaningful pressure, that this might offer a chance to really limit Rangers ability to exploit the wide areas as effectively. 

Gordon

Devlin Beni

Grant

Forrest Shankland Oda

I don't trust Barrie McKay in big games, so I think starting him is pointless. Forrest is an absolute workhorse and Oda has the sort of pace that could cause Rangers problems. He's also agile enough to potentially draw fouls in dangerous areas if the Referee hasn't decided the result before a ball is kicked...

That’s how I would like us to line up 👍

Boba Fett
3 hours ago, Jambonairn said:

That's absolutely brilliant Boba.  Proper shivers listening to that.

#deckedinmaroon

Thanks buddy!

Boba Fett
59 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Nice one buddy 😊 the vote is in !!

Thank you buddy!

4 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

Brilliant stuff 👍❤️

Got my vote 🙌

leginten
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scarves can be washed?

:notsure:

Debut 4
19 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68848177

Similar to what a lot of us have thought or said but he has said it in a press conference. I admire SN but I hope this doesnt come back to bite him. 

For me he’s testing his own players reaction to his own words. Will a few get a lift in belief or doubt themselves even more as the manager is actually saying we/they can win this game? Who’s got the minerals?

I’d agree that timing is everything normally with these things (Fenlon being the best example) but we are at the start of a period of transition as he develops the squad in more ways than one, and an aspect being mentality.  

Not much to lose just now. He isn’t saying these off the back of Hearts dominance of Rangers and getting the underdog wound up, tempting a defeat, quite the opposite. He’s looking for a reaction from his players, imo.  

Edited by Debut 4

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully, Naismith has let our players know how to deal with opposition players ...

... but ...

We might, just might, have to be a tad more subtle, given that we'll be up against a full team of on-field & VAR officials.

Screenshot_20240419_132055_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240419_132103_Gallery.jpg

Yip, Brown should have seen red for grabbing Naismiths leg.

Celtic lucky again.

Boba Fett
1 hour ago, FJT said:

Brilliant stuff 👍❤️

Got my vote 🙌

Nice one! Thank you!

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, HoGwash said:

If anyone knows how to noise up an opponent, it's Naismith. He made a very successful playing career out of doing that 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Beni

Grant

Forrest Shankland Oda

Something like this for me and I think Mckay and Vargas can be effect from the bench.

3 hours ago, HoGwash said:

Agreed. The trouble is that if Cammy Devlin so much as breathes on some **** like Cantwell, he's walking a tightrope for the rest of the game. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Gordon

Devlin Beni

Grant

Forrest Shankland Oda

Tav doesn't sleep for a week before he plays against Maeda because he knows he troubles him both ways. Oda could do that job just fine. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Tav doesn't sleep for a week before he plays against Maeda because he knows he troubles him both ways. Oda could do that job just fine. 

I hope so!! I think we'll be playing a wounded animal. But also an animal low on confidence. 

If we play this correctly, then fingers crossed we can get a memorable result. Keeping their fullbacks quiet is IMO a big part of that. Forrest will work his socks off, but on the left I'm a bit less confident. Hopefully Oda can do that, and really use his pace to hurt them. The sort of pace that can force a big call, and with VAR it doesn't give the referee the wiggle room they've previously enjoyed. 

Bazzas right boot

Just don't concede early and it will be a tight game.

Throw an early goal in and it all goes to ****- tactics,  personal,  formations rarely matter against them If we concede early and wobble.

Good Hearts teams have been smashed and average or poor Hearts teams have beaten better OF teams. 

The worst thing against the OF especially in Glasgow is conceding early,  it usually results in any team folding and getting beat easily. 

Keep it tight, no brain farts and our chances of a positive result increase massively, especially given their form and relatively fragile mental state atm.

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Stock Atkinson and Waterman?

I'm surprised that BRB isn't jumping up and down with indignation at the terrible insult being heaped upon a Hearts player. I'm too scared to suggest that Barrie McFly should come off the bench after about 65 minutes. 

4 hours ago, Tiro said:

Atkinson is a player who lacks confidence in his own ability and is probably one of his biggest critics. This is borne out by his statement after his match up with Mbappe

Speaking after the game, Atkinson gave a brutal self-assessment of his performance.

He remarked: "It's an eye-opener.

"There's a reason why he's earning $200million-a-year and I am where I am."

The reason for his failure not to appear in the rest of the tournament was injury but it is not clear if this was physical in nature. In actual fact he was named in the Australian team for the second world cup match and this was hurriedly changed before kick off. 

If you have watched him in games, it is clear that if he starts we'll he has a good game, as demonstrated against Celtic. If however he makes a mistake early on, the crowd groan, and it's all down hill from there. It would be interesting to see the outcome if he was given another chance in terms of backing by the fans. I know from speaking to a lot of people that Atkinson has a lot of good will but this isn't transferred to reaction of fans during the game. If he plays we need him in a positive mind set and maybe we can help with this.

I took that statement to be an honest, humble assessment of what it's like being up against one of the top 10 strikers in the world when you're simply an SPFL regular pick. 

Either way, your last couple of sentences are spot on but, sadly, it's not in the nature of many Hearts supporters to get behind the players who need a lift. Far easier to hurl abuse and rip any remains of confidence they might have to shreds. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm surprised that BRB isn't jumping up and down with indignation at the terrible insult being heaped upon a Hearts player. I'm too scared to suggest that Barrie McFly should come off the bench after about 65 minutes. 

I took that statement to be an honest, humble assessment of what it's like being up against one of the top 10 strikers in the world when you're simply an SPFL regular pick. 

Either way, your last couple of sentences are spot on but, sadly, it's not in the nature of many Hearts supporters to get behind the players who need a lift. Far easier to hurl abuse and rip any remains of confidence they might have to shreds. 

Yip, or give them daft nicknames in order to slag them.

Just above I suggest Mckay and Vargas would be better from the bench , so don't be scared, imo humble opinion daft nicknames are best left at the door, probably sound funnier in ones head rather than on a Hearts fans forum.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

GinRummy

Two different formations and  line ups from the Hearts Standard lads 

James Cairney

image.jpeg.966f63249e38aeec214e8fef82d651d4.jpeg

No Idle Talk

My head says expect nothing. We haven't beat them since Daniel Stendel and so many times we seem to just shit ourselves when we see those blue strips in front of us. 

But here we go again..............

The closer we get to kick off the more my heart says 'this is our turn'. It's the hope that kills you man. Come three o clock on Sunday I will no doubt be believing that we can really do it.

Come on, Hearts. We are overdue!!

Bongo 1874

When the whistle sounds!!! The Charge Begins!!!!

Biggest game of the Season.

Give them ****ing Hell Hearts!!!!!

Edited by Bongo 1874

Jack Torrance
5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

3 hours ago, leginten said:

Scarves can be washed?

:notsure:

I have a newer one that gets washed every season, and a special one that's never been washed since about the start of the 85/86 season. 😆

That'll get an airing on Sunday along with my 2012 Jersey. 👍

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

My head says expect nothing. We haven't beat them since Daniel Stendel and so many times we seem to just shit ourselves when we see those blue strips in front of us. 

The closer we get to kick off the more my heart says 'this is our turn'. It's the hope that kills you man. Come three o clock on Sunday I will no doubt be believing that we can really do it.

On weekends like this my memory is drawn back to a certain semi final in 2012 and a conversation that took place in the row in front of us. 

A father and his young son were chatting when someone the Dad clearly knew walked past, spotted him and they stopped to chat. The friend said after a few minutes to the wee boy;

‘Do you think we can win today?’

‘I hope so, but we hardly ever beat celtic’

’Son, when it’s good vs Evil sometimes the good guys win, and make no mistake, they are as evil as it comes so this time the good guys will win’

Sums it up perfectly. Here’s hoping the good guys win again. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

And Joel Skedd

image.jpeg.18de05e1f60347de50ef1ec99fd0e00d.jpeg

I don't like either of them. 

There ends up being space out wide in a back 3, and I think Rangers will be punishing us down those flanks trying to get balls in. IMO if we go 433, we can if needed have Forrest/Oda dropping back to support Kingsley/Atinson defensively. 

Problem for me though, is that Atkinson shat the bed at Ibrox, Dexter isn't capable of playing as a RB.. so do we play Sibbick at RB? He's not done badly there, and although he is prone to bad performances, I think he could be more defensively sound than Atkinson. 

Big takeaway is win or lose, we NEED to get RB properly sorted in the summer. Stop pissing about with wingbacks and just build a solid back 4 (or fully commit and get wingbacks on both sides). No more half measures. Smith should never have been playing RWB for us, Dexter shouldn't be playing RB for us and Atkinson doesn't seem to be massively effective in either role.. 

Debut 4
51 minutes ago, OTT said:

There ends up being space out wide in a back 3, and I think Rangers will be punishing us down those flanks trying to get balls in. IMO if we go 433, we can if needed have Forrest/Oda dropping back to support Kingsley/Atinson defensively. 

Problem for me though, is that Atkinson shat the bed at Ibrox, Dexter isn't capable of playing as a RB.. so do we play Sibbick at RB? He's not done badly there, and although he is prone to bad performances, I think he could be more defensively sound than Atkinson. 

Big takeaway is win or lose, we NEED to get RB properly sorted in the summer. Stop pissing about with wingbacks and just build a solid back 4 (or fully commit and get wingbacks on both sides). No more half measures. Smith should never have been playing RWB for us, Dexter shouldn't be playing RB for us and Atkinson doesn't seem to be massively effective in either role.. 

Regards RB I think this is where Naismith finds himself and there’s not much else he can do.  It’s been a case of week to week deciding who’s going to be on the right hand side of defence.  Neither Lem or Atkinson can be full trusted defensively.  He’s just got to go with one of them and hope they play well enough in a generally good team performance we all hope for.  

Sibbick is a mistake waiting to happen but is he less a gamble given his recovery pace and physical advantage at close quarters?   

The only option, and it’s the one most don’t seem to fancy,  is a back 3 with Kingsley on the right (as per GinRummy) who played in that position earlier in the season and looked quite comfortable even though he’s a lefty. 

At least you’d have a back 3 who most would trust alot more than other combinations. But as you say, would it have too much of a negative effect on the other aspects we really need to get right on the day?

And Vargas must play for me. 

Edited by Debut 4

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Regards RB I think this is where Naismith finds himself and there’s not much else he can do.  It’s been a case of week to week deciding who’s going to be on the right hand side of defence.  Neither Lem or Atkinson can be full trusted defensively.  He’s just got to go with one of them and hope they play well enough in a generally good team performance we all hope for.  

Sibbick is a mistake waiting to happen but is he less a gamble given his recovery pace and physical advantage at close quarters?   

The only option, and it’s the one most don’t seem to fancy,  is a back 3 with Kingsley on the right (as per GinRummy) who played in that position earlier in the season and looked quite comfortable even though he’s a lefty. 

At least you’d have a back 3 who most would trust alot more than other combinations. But as you say, would it have too much of a negative effect on the other aspects we really need to get right on the day?

And Vargas must play for me. 

I know this game isn't the game for it, but to the end of the season, I'd be keen to see a back 3 of Sibbick Kent Rowles

Give Sibbick the benefit of a big loud partner in Kent keeping him right. 

Might be the thing that gets things to click for him. 

On RB, I prefer Sibbick there to Atkinson or Dexter, neither of the latter two are IMO good enough. Dexter is a wingback, and will only ever be a wingback, his defensive game is just non-existant. Atkinson permanently looks depressed and can have absolute horror show performances (like at Ibrox). 

Sibbick if we're playing a flat back 4 fills me with more confidence than Atkinson or Dexter. But I'm completely conceding its bad, worse or horrible. 

GinRummy
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Agree we need to get RB fixed and actually agree to a large extent with the rest. The issue with a back 4 is if whoever we play at RB has a stinker we are ****ed. At least with a three we aren’t quire as vulnerable. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Agree we need to get RB fixed and actually agree to a large extent with the rest. The issue with a back 4 is if whoever we play at RB has a stinker we are ****ed. At least with a three we aren’t quire as vulnerable. 

Who would our RB be up against, Rangers LB & LW right? So Sterling & Silva or maybe Yilmaz?

Better that side than Tavernier and Sima on the other side. - Although Wright will no doubt make an appearance too. 

I think Sibbick and Forrest have the workrate down the right side to cope with what Rangers have. Key point is making sure that Forrest is always tracking back and they're working as a team to manage the attacks down that side. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

And Joel Skedd

image.jpeg.18de05e1f60347de50ef1ec99fd0e00d.jpeg

Not sure whats worst, Forrest at 10 or at RWB. He should start on the bench and those two concentrate on journalism. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I know this game isn't the game for it, but to the end of the season, I'd be keen to see a back 3 of Sibbick Kent Rowles

Give Sibbick the benefit of a big loud partner in Kent keeping him right. 

Might be the thing that gets things to click for him. 

On RB, I prefer Sibbick there to Atkinson or Dexter, neither of the latter two are IMO good enough. Dexter is a wingback, and will only ever be a wingback, his defensive game is just non-existant. Atkinson permanently looks depressed and can have absolute horror show performances (like at Ibrox). 

Sibbick if we're playing a flat back 4 fills me with more confidence than Atkinson or Dexter. But I'm completely conceding its bad, worse or horrible. 

Agreed - Dexter and definitely Atkinson are not the best options. I would say go for Sibbick but he has not been playing so that would be a worry, lets hope we have a plan for that area on Sun. Up top, I said earlier in this thread, I would go shankland, oda and tagawa. Tagawa is unknown to them but also feel he could make the right runs, and is more intelligent than Vargas. Vargas and Forrest to come on at some point...

ScandinavianJambo
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Yes, I'm with you bud!