Hearts V Rangers Scottish cup semi final match day thread

Cameronstheman

OldGorgie
7 hours ago, bawheed said:

**** you miserable excuse for a Hearts supporter.

Your slagging off one of our most consistent players before a ball is kicked absolute dick.

You are the dick, and how did Forest play today. Headless chicken as usual.

Edited by OldGorgie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

bawheed
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Beat it hobo licking my wounds, where as your delighted ****ing cretin

9 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Forrest is ideal if you want to see players running without any idea of how to deliver a decent ball.

And you were spot on. An absolute huddy of a winger. 

If I'm Naismith, its Baz & Oda to the end of the season. Forrest & Vargas let the side down massively today. I called it a cowardly performance and I stand by it. Vargas was presented with some fantastic chances and he bottled it. Forrest, just not good enough. There isn't a football brain between his ears. We're quick to talk about how intelligent Boyce is on the ball, but if you want to see genuine footballing intelligence, its Shankland and McKay. How they link play and find teammates is genuinely a joy to watch. Some of the creative balls that McKay can play are fantastic, he's always looking for how he can carve something open. 

Forrest on the other hand seems to think he can brute force everything by running through the opposition without the sort of skill level required to do that successfully. Misses straightforward passes, misses his timing for when to release a shot, release a pass.. control isn't great. In terms of technical ability, you're talking pub team level. If he didn't work as hard as he does, I'm not sure he'd be playing professional football. 

I've completely lost patience with Forrest. He's not of the required standard. 

bawheed
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Beat it hobo you must be wet the fact we Hearts never turned up……prick

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

And you were spot on. An absolute huddy of a winger. 

If I'm Naismith, its Baz & Oda to the end of the season. Forrest & Vargas let the side down massively today. I called it a cowardly performance and I stand by it. Vargas was presented with some fantastic chances and he bottled it. Forrest, just not good enough. There isn't a football brain between his ears. We're quick to talk about how intelligent Boyce is on the ball, but if you want to see genuine footballing intelligence, its Shankland and McKay. How they link play and find teammates is genuinely a joy to watch. Some of the creative balls that McKay can play are fantastic, he's always looking for how he can carve something open. 

Forrest on the other hand seems to think he can brute force everything by running through the opposition without the sort of skill level required to do that successfully. Misses straightforward passes, misses his timing for when to release a shot, release a pass.. control isn't great. In terms of technical ability, you're talking pub team level. If he didn't work as hard as he does, I'm not sure he'd be playing professional football. 

I've completely lost patience with Forrest. He's not of the required standard. 

Ive really no idea what Vargas was doing today. 3 superb opportunities and not even a shot on goal from any of them.

Disgusted with him today tbh.

6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Ive really no idea what Vargas was doing today. 3 superb opportunities and not even a shot on goal from any of them.

The outcome should be a lengthy spell on the bench. 

To a point I can say, yeah he is young and learning, but also if you're put in for those games its because you're trusted. He let everyone down with whatever he wants to call that performance. 

Drylaw Hearts

We were really poor today.

A major disappointment today and hopefully a wake-up call for the recruitment team.

We are in desperate need of better players in the midfield, wide areas and up front.

Our record v Rangers is a shameful one.

bawheed
5 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

A major disappointment today and hopefully a wake-up call for the recruitment team.

We are in desperate need of better players in the midfield, wide areas and up front.

And they are rubbish no way they win the cup

7 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Its a tall order, but I think the areas where improvement are needed are pretty evident. Wide players sold the jerseys, attacking midfielder did nothing and left CB isn't dominant enough.

I think that could be solved by Armstrong, McCowan, Dhanda, Spittal & Findlay.

Armstrong & Findlay look like very strong characters, McCowan, Dhanda and Spittal all players that can make an impact (Armstrong too).

We absolutely cannot go into next season with the same wingers we currently use week in week out. Only McKay is regularly dependable and he can't do big games... 

Drylaw Hearts
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Its a tall order, but I think the areas where improvement are needed are pretty evident. Wide players sold the jerseys, attacking midfielder did nothing and left CB isn't dominant enough.

I think that could be solved by Armstrong, McCowan, Dhanda, Spittal & Findlay.

Armstrong & Findlay look like very strong characters, McCowan, Dhanda and Spittal all players that can make an impact (Armstrong too).

We absolutely cannot go into next season with the same wingers we currently use week in week out. Only McKay is regularly dependable and he can't do big games... 

McKay is anything but regularly dependable imo.

Just now, Drylaw Hearts said:

Against the teams that sit in? St Mirrens, Livi's, Motherwells? Absolutely dependable.

Difficulty comes against Celtic/Rangers/Hibs where I don't think he's performed to the standard he's set elsewhere. 

Obviously this season has been really stop/start for him, but I think he'll get back to where he needs to be for next season. Bonus if we can actually improve the quality of our wide players, we don't want a situation where a player that cannot perform in big games is still our best option (and has been for the last 2 years). Shows a lack of improvement. Armstrong... if we could pull that off, it would be huge. 

periodictabledancer
12 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

That'll be the team that recruited Forest and all the fans on here that thought he was a good signing.

FFS , we signed a guy from Livingston that was gonna improve the team ? 

I know today isn't all about him, but jeezo, what a waste of money.  

We must be desperate to get the Euro cash to sign some decent players because we are struggling in the areas that really matter. 

bawheed
15 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

200%

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

At least he was there, Forrest ****ed up the only thing he did right today by keeping his head down and not passing to Shankland. 

50 minutes ago, OTT said:

The outcome should be a lengthy spell on the bench. 

To a point I can say, yeah he is young and learning, but also if you're put in for those games its because you're trusted. He let everyone down with whatever he wants to call that performance. 

You think Forrest was any better? Or anyone else for that matter?

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

That'll be the team that recruited Forest and all the fans on here that thought he was a good signing.

FFS , we signed a guy from Livingston that was gonna improve the team ? 

I know today isn't all about him, but jeezo, what a waste of money.  

We must be desperate to get the Euro cash to sign some decent players because we are struggling in the areas that really matter. 

He should never have been given a new deal, just not good enough..

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Spot on

Gordons left glove
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No but I urged fans to go today and back the team.

Ahh fair enough 

It's  a rude awakening that the quality of our forwards isn't quite there atm.

Vargas and Oda might well hit the levels required  but  , they along with Forrest, Tagawa and Grant can't trusted at the highest level.

OldGorgie
8 hours ago, bawheed said:

Beat it hobo licking my wounds, where as your delighted ****ing cretin

I forgot I was dealing with a mindless moron and your comment shames the educational system of the country.

AC Mallin_51

You know what’s annoying. Since Motherwell put us out in 2018, 5 out of the 6 seasons since we’ve been put out by the old firm. 3 of them finals. In other words it’s a reminder that if you want to win it you need to beat at least one of them which we can never seem to do on the big stage. We were obviously incredibly close in 2020 and ironically put rangers out on the way to that final. 

It’s so incredibly annoying though that the one season we weren’t put out by OF opposition (I don’t need to say who) was a year where the path was cleared for an outsider to win it. Same goes for the league cup that season where we went out to Alloa 😫 the path was cleared at the QF stage. 

So for 5/6 seasons now in the cup we’ve beaten who we are supposed to beat but just cannot seem to go that step further

Ex member of the SaS

Didn't like Forrest but recently he has played really well, yesterday however he reverted to his usual head down run to the line and make a pig's ear of the cross. Tries to cut inside and fails more than gets past the defender too.

We really need the backroom to use the Euro money and get much better players if we want to improve. Gaining third on a regular basis is a must if we are to pull away from the pack.

grumpyespana

Calmed down now and had a good think about sunday and the number one problem was we thought we could roll all over rangers because of there form in the previous two games which did not happen that is why our fans are going overboard with things guys.

Aussie Jambo
On 18/04/2024 at 16:50, Gordons left glove said:

Almost all my pals support them and are usually arrogant ***** whenever its time to play us but they're now saying we'll pump them which is a good sign.

Well we both know how that went. Enough said. 

Ex member of the SaS

The worst thing about the game is Celtic fans saying, as diet huns we rolled over and gave them an easy game, as if it was all pre arranged to allow them to win. Just wish we had got stuck in like Ross co and Dundee and I still think we would have won.

Ex member of the SaS

Tait taking the blame for losing the ball at the second goal, the lad has to remember the strikers had chances and didn't take them so it's not ALL down to him. Hope he bounces back and doesn't let it affect him too much.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Tait taking the blame for losing the ball at the second goal, the lad has to remember the strikers had chances and didn't take them so it's not ALL down to him. Hope he bounces back and doesn't let it affect him too much.

Could be a character defining moment. I actually like what he tried to do bursting forward, but we'd fully committed at that point, and it was maybe the wrong time to do it. 

18 years old and taking it on the chin in the press, big balls for me. 

Players reactions tell you a lot as well, all of them round him at full time. There's a few photos, but the photo of Shanks with his arm round him, pointing to his heart, or the badge, pretty powerful. They must love the young lad.

The Devlin booking.    Clearly Devlin won the ball.   Balogun knocks it forward, Devlin slides in, last touch is clearly from Devlin as it goes out towards the touch-line.  

Just before that, Shankland in the box,  gets entangled with Sterling's legs almost.  To me that looked like more a foul than Devlin tackle.  It also looked like Sterling hooked Shanklands foot.   No idea if they checked that on VAR.   Sterling won the ball initially yes.   What happened after looks a foul to me. 

Apart from that,  Forrest, Vargas, Shankland, Grant with chances to pass at key moments but messed it up.   Oda definitely should be putting that low inthe corner as well

A lot of frustration around now I'd say.   The fans definitely.  Just have to get on with it.