Hearts V Rangers Scottish cup semi final match day thread

Cameronstheman

Cameronstheman

A few permutation's for sure

Want celtic, who i despise, to beat the Sheep, well the rewards of that alone are phenomenal

Secondly and more importantly  we get a result against the other shitehawks, we can do it 

Gorgie ****ing Rules

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• redjambo

• Bazzas right boot

Italian Lambretta

If the rebels beat the sheep we can all relax and go and enjoy Sunday knowing we have at least conference league football next season.

Gordons left glove
20 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But not an 'official' match day thread?

It's official we'll beat them.

Fxxx the SPFL

Let’s get stuck in to these imposters and chase them off the park and beat them once and for all at Hampden

Heart - 3-0 to us.

Head - 3-1 to the rotters.

EH11 2NL

Beating Celtic in the final, after beating Rangers in the semi, would be the ultimate cup win. 

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

Beating Celtic in the final, after beating Rangers in the semi, would be the ultimate cup win. 

I’d probably just retire as a football fan after that. Short of us winning a European trophy or the SPL, that’s about as good as it’ll ever get. 

The Old Tolbooth

The sheep losing next week is the biggest result we can hope for, it shapes our whole next season! 

Gordons left glove
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Needs more stars.

Ach we'll have plenty on the pitch 

Edited by Gordons left glove

tian447

I want the Sheep beat, but I don't want them pumped.  I don't want Celtic getting all above themselves and confident for the final. I want them to be there obviously for our own European campaign next season, but I want Celtic absolutely ****ing sweating and only getting there by the narrowest of margins. No controversy, but just a game that they know they really didn't deserve to win. 

We were pants for the first 20 odd minutes today, but we also managed to score 4 goals in a similar period of time.  If we can stop the slow start, we have quality that will cause The Rangers Tribute Act some problems.  We are due a result against them.

FerryJambo81

Let's be honest, it's all most of us will think about for the next week when life doesn't get in the way.

As such, I motion you add 'official' and we spend the next week with the full spectrum of confidence on show.

I just hope we close space, don't let them play...and counter to our style, batter them with long diagonals. They get a corner, keep 2 men forward...they failed to deal in Europe.

Am I confident, nah...do I believe...abso****inglutey. My kids NEED to see it, they were at greyskull last time, along with others. Hell with it, let's upset the lot of them 🇱🇻 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-1

Shankland 

5-3 pens

I never watch us take pens. Would be in the bogs from the 115th minute onwards.

Pieandbovril

You'd have to assume Celtic will beat the sheep in the semi - only saw the highlights of Dons v Dundee but Dundee could have had 4 or 5. So sheep should get fleeced on Saturday. 

Re. forward planning for Euro Conf league or Euro league - Let's not assume we've got 3rd spot until it's done - mathematically done. Don't want to tempt that always cruel lady  - fate.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I want the Sheep beat, but I don't want them pumped.  I don't want Celtic getting all above themselves and confident for the final. I want them to be there obviously for our own European campaign next season, but I want Celtic absolutely ****ing sweating and only getting there by the narrowest of margins. No controversy, but just a game that they know they really didn't deserve to win. 

We were pants for the first 20 odd minutes today, but we also managed to score 4 goals in a similar period of time.  If we can stop the slow start, we have quality that will cause The Rangers Tribute Act some problems.  We are due a result against them.

The final isn't the games after for Celtic so this will have no bearing on their team nor how they perform.

tian447
21 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

The final isn't the games after for Celtic so this will have no bearing on their team nor how they perform.

If they piss the Semi Finals 4-0 or 5-0, they will be confident regardless of league form. 

Our league form was fairly average before we played Hibs in 2012, and we all know how that went, especially after dumping Celtic out.

Cups are a different thing altogether. 

The prize of winning the Scottish Cup - and winning trophies is what football is all about - means more to me than European football. So I want Aberdeen to win. We'd cuff them in the final anyway 

One five
35 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Play like today it's over by half time.

Yes but play like we did after 0-2 in the first half who  knows , it’s all about how we play in the 90+ 

jock _turd

Honestly I think we will get reemed . You always hope for the team to lift themselves for a big match like SCP semi but I don't think this team has it in it. Sadly I will be happy if we hold them to less than 3 goals. It will be great if this post was come back to haunt me and after the match someone re-posts this to give me grief but I don't see that happening.

BigAlim
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

We’re winning this.

100%

Philfigo

Feels similar to the 90s, we have been on the end of some beatings from them and have no mental strength when it come to playing them. We need a performance like Coca-Cola Cup final in 1996/1997 even tho we lost building up to 1998 Scottish Cup win. That Coca-Cola Cup final gave everyone that mental strength to say se can complete with them and can beat them. At the minute there is no belief in the players or support, we need a performance that will invigorate all vs them. If that happens next Sunday and we don't quiet make it the next one we will. 

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'm thinking we should maybe play Zander Clark in this game.

Prepare to be castigated for what is not a terrible proposition. Lol.

Playing Gordon yesterday was on the cards so as to get him back in the groove ahead of the semi-final, so let's hope that one full game is sufficient.

Personally? I'd have had him in last week also, but I'll maintain my stance that between Naismith, Gordon, Clark, and the other coaches they are comfortable with whatever it is they've settled on which looks like Clark in the league games and Gordon in the cup. They 100% know better than any of us.

I liked his throwing distribution yesterday and he also made (at least) one right good save.

For sure, had Clark done what Gordon did for the 1st goal then he'd have been getting pelters on here. For the 2nd, I can only imagine the calls of, "Gordon would've saved that."

Anyhoo, I'm just glad that Gordon's foray beyond his box didn't end badly in a horrendous 'coming together' and speculate that he had an instant instinctive reaction not to simply go in full-belt.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Big test for this team.

As others have said, they need to show they can lift themselves for the performance; and I think better “controlled” agression will be needed - Cochrane and Devlin in particular need to show they’ve improved here.

Anyway, 2-1 to the JT’s.  Shankland and Oda.  

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Feels similar to the 90s, we have been on the end of some beatings from them and have no mental strength when it come to playing them. We need a performance like Coca-Cola Cup final in 1996/1997 even tho we lost building up to 1998 Scottish Cup win. That Coca-Cola Cup final gave everyone that mental strength to say se can complete with them and can beat them. At the minute there is no belief in the players or support, we need a performance that will invigorate all vs them. If that happens next Sunday and we don't quiet make it the next one we will. 

Speak for yourself. 😄

Were you at Ibrox when we fluffed it at the death?

Make no mistake, we competed well that match and there's no reason to confidently predict that we cannot do so next week.

❤️❤️G❤️

i8hibsh

Bonus game to me in all honesty. We have had the icing.

Celtic beat Aberdeen and everything else is just hundreds and thousands and chocolate sauce.

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If the rebels beat the sheep we can all relax and go and enjoy Sunday knowing we have at least conference league football next season.

Not for me. The group stage football is all a bi-product. Get to the final and then win it. 

If it's Aberdeen in the final, it's a bonus but we just need to get there at all costs. 

BigAlim

Beating rangers in the semi then Celtic in the final would be the magnum opus 

AlimOzturk
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Bonus game to me in all honesty. We have had the icing.

Celtic beat Aberdeen and everything else is just hundreds and thousands and chocolate sauce.

I get what you’re saying but we need to put markers down for next season. Gaining ground and beating the old firm has to be the ambition going forward. 

Skacelsid
23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Prepare to be castigated for what is not a terrible proposition. Lol.

Playing Gordon yesterday was on the cards so as to get him back in the groove ahead of the semi-final, so let's hope that one full game is sufficient.

Personally? I'd have had him in last week also, but I'll maintain my stance that between Naismith, Gordon, Clark, and the other coaches they are comfortable with whatever it is they've settled on which looks like Clark in the league games and Gordon in the cup. They 100% know better than any of us.

I liked his throwing distribution yesterday and he also made (at least) one right good save.

For sure, had Clark done what Gordon did for the 1st goal then he'd have been getting pelters on here. For the 2nd, I can only imagine the calls of, "Gordon would've saved that."

Anyhoo, I'm just glad that Gordon's foray beyond his box didn't end badly in a horrendous 'coming together' and speculate that he had an instant instinctive reaction not to simply go in full-belt.

It's always possible but I don't think the goalie selection will define the outcome. We are lucky to have two excellent gks that is why we are debating it, happy to go with either.

i8hibsh
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I get what you’re saying but we need to put markers down for next season. Gaining ground and beating the old firm has to be the ambition going forward. 

Would love it AO, loav it.

been here before
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Would love it AO, loav it.

Cannae be arsed going though can you?

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cannae be arsed going though can you?

Does i8 ever reply to you?

Naismith has addressed quite a few of our issues this season like away form.

I want him to address our form against Rangers and especially in Glasgow.

Starting next week.

And I hope Aberdeen win .

Gives us a far better chance if we can beat Rangers of lifting a trophy.

That outweighs any closure on automatic qualification for me.

Aberdeen are capable .

Would love a final against them.

Good for the game if that could happen.

Celtic first half at Ibrox .

Tavernier always causes us grief or so it seems.

Who could we use as Celtic did Maeda.

alicante jambo

We got beat by county, drew with killie, beat st midden and beat a brutal livvi team who magaed to score 2 against us. Sevco when they want to hit that 2nd gear are on a different level from us and we dont have that. Can only see us losing by 2 goals. Going in hope more than expectation. Were best of the rest so anything else is a bonus for me. Mon the jts.

pettigrewsstylist

Competing in midfield is the issue. Their pace will exploit any lack of positional discipline, slowness of thought or hesitation. 

Our right hand side will need a lot of support from everyone.

Forrests reluctance to shoot yesterday sees him dropped for me. We will need to convert everything we get a chance to.

🤞🤞

Gordons left glove
4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'm thinking we should maybe play Zander Clark in this game.

Screenshot_20240413-204519~2.png

Philfigo
43 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hopefully Clark is fit for it.

Love Gordon to bits, but his judgment is a bit off as it was before his injury that season he cost us 2 or 3 goals from poor judgement before his injury. Yesterday he was flapping about at every corner, Rangers will he seen that and with Taviniers delivery this could be a major issue for Gordon also his kicking as Rangers will likely press high and pressure him. No players is bigger than the club and Clarke has not put a foot wrong so should be back in the team in my opinion.