The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )

Walter Bishop

GinRummy
21 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I don’t think HMRC sees it’s in its own interests to allow a business to fold with the resultant loss in tax revenues.

Decisions on the merits of a CVA will be taken on a case-by-case basis. It’s not a slam-dunk. 

HMRC forces business to fold if they can’t pay their tax debts. 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Ricardo Quaresma

• May98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bungalow Bill

It’s all fairly pathetic. For the sake of a picture, they could have put the badge anywhere in the changing room, by putting it over the crest they know it’s going to antagonise a proportion of supporters. 

It doesn’t bother me personally to be honest, it could have been any club badge and I’d feel the same - it was a cup final and Tynecastle was deemed neutral for the day. Hearts putting out a statement was the right thing to do due to how many people are ‘highly’ offended, but depressing that we had to. A lot of problems in the world and society right now, this really isn’t one of them. 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can understand people thinking the whole thing is overblown, which I do agree, but people have to accept that as you say that without Hearts saying otherwise people will think we allowed this. To me that is a statement that has a purpose.

When its then said about the Hibs game where was the statement? My question is what would have been its purpose? I would argue it would be to make the fans happy that we are condemning Hibs, but ultimately that is not going to fix the problem. To fix the fan issue takes careful thinking as cutting Hibs allocation, means a cut of our allocation at Easter Road, some on here may be happy with that, but others wont be. So you have to weigh up all options, speak to all those to negotiate what we need to get the best outcome so such actions never happen again and Hearts dont sacrifice too much for it. Also find it funny that there is people on this forum who think the board dont care that the club captain was almost hit by objects because the club didn't send out an angry statement.

I’m in agreement that there should have been a statement after that game, I was very surprised there was not. 

doctor jambo
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Would rather they had issued a mocking statement about how small and petty it was of the Huns to do it . Something really patronising :lol: 

Or….. as it was a women’s game nobody saw it anyway?

Or typical, womens team in for 5 minutes and already redecorating ?

jamboozy

If there’s damage to our crest, then yeah, there’s reason to be hacked off about it. But tbh, it only shows The Rangers up to be petty and baw headed. 🤷‍♂️

Pete Elliott
9 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Totally disagree.  

if Hearts did not release a statement then it looks like we allowed this behaviour in the first instance. 

As a previous poster mentioned Hearts are damned if they do and damned if they don’t here. 

I personally see nothing wrong with the statement nor do I see anything wrong with my football club taking offence to another football club putting their badge on top of ours. 

Strange any other hearts fan would be upset about this statement imo. 

It’s not like they’ve broken into the stadium and done this as some sort of prank. We’ve offered up our stadium as a neutral venue. It’s unsurprising a team don’t want to be sitting doing the prematch team talk whilst staring at another team’s badge. We could have dealt with the whole thing better imo.

boag1874
8 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

It’s all fairly pathetic. For the sake of a picture, they could have put the badge anywhere in the changing room, by putting it over the crest they know it’s going to antagonise a proportion of supporters. 

It doesn’t bother me personally to be honest, it could have been any club badge and I’d feel the same - it was a cup final and Tynecastle was deemed neutral for the day. Hearts putting out a statement was the right thing to do due to how many people are ‘highly’ offended, but depressing that we had to. A lot of problems in the world and society right now, this really isn’t one of them. 

This is how I feel, very cheeky of Rangers/SWPL to put it there without clearing it with Hearts but it’s no that big a deal really is it when we’re a neutral venue? The club had to put the statement out so they didn’t get the blame off the folk that are raging

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, hmfc1984 said:

Bloody hell man, go take a ten minute walk outside and get away from the keyboard. This is really not a big deal. Got a few hours left of the weekend, go and enjoy them. 

Had a great weekend, thanks. 

I'm hardly suicidal over this matter but I see it as yet another example of the arse cheeks thinking they can do whatever they want and the rest, including the authorities, just have to take it. 

PortyBeach
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m sure HMRC does so when there’s little prospect of the business remaining viable.

But they don’t oppose a CVA as a matter of course - which was the earlier allegation.

boag1874
8 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I couldn’t care less about any other team than Hearts. 

I genuinely have zero feelings either way, apart from hating Hibs when we play them. 

However, rangers fans didn’t let their club die. HMRC don’t accept any CVAs as a matter of principle and as they were rangers biggest creditors, there was never any hope of the fans saving rangers. It was not possible. 

Fans of other clubs singing ‘you let your club die’ sound a bit simple to me. 

Next thing you’ll be telling me Aberdeen fans don’t actually have intercourse with livestock!

God forbid fans exaggerate the truth a bit in order to have a dig at a rival fanbase.

One thing that’s factually true is they cheated the taxpayer for years to dominate Scottish football, damaging it beyond repair in the process. Then they got caught, wound up by HMRC & liquidated as a result while their manky fans watched on in horror :pleasing: 

mscjambo

Not wanting to jump into the old firm world of paranoia and conspiracy. 

But on face value this is simply disrespectful. Yes you may personalise the dressing room but sticking the Sevco logo over ours is simply rude and disrespectful.

If this was the other way about we'd have politicians wading in! Listen I'm not asking for that, let's have some perspective. But the person who's done this simply needs to say thus was a misjudgement and we move on.

Imagine the Rangers crest was stuck over a Celtic one had this been at Parkhead say. This is me playing devil's advocate to a degree here but the person responsible for this has dropped the ball and if nothing else its rude and disrespectful. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a football association geared and ran for 2 clubs. Do they run the clubs or do the clubs run them....mmmm

PaddysBar
7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Next thing you’ll be telling me Aberdeen fans don’t actually have intercourse with livestock!

God forbid fans exaggerate the truth a bit in order to have a dig at a rival fanbase.

One thing that’s factually true is they cheated the taxpayer for years to dominate Scottish football, damaging it beyond repair in the process. Then they got caught, wound up by HMRC & liquidated as a result while their manky fans watched on in horror :pleasing: 

Fair points😂

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Who cares. We should be happy to take the SWPL money. 

We surely want Tynecastle to be a venue the SPFL/SFA/SWPL want to use. 

How much did we get?

Bungalow Bill
Just now, CostaJambo said:

How much did we get?

No idea. Google it. 

Armageddon

The title could be doing with changing to calm the pant wetters down a little.

joondalupjambo
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Surprise surprise Rangers declined to comment 

They will be claiming next that Rangers Woman's Team has nothing to do with, and they have no connection to The Rangers FC.

VALDOS'

Grown men getting they're saggy tits in a twist over some stickers.... wouldn't be football without it lol

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Trivial to you. 

Not to the majority that still feel rightly outraged by the failures of those responsible. 

Rangers defrauding British tax payers to the sum of 56 million and yet people like you thinks its trivial. 

Is it trivial that RBS was sold in 2008 to the UK government for all those billions of pounds only to be sold to Lloyds banking group for a loss of twelve billion pounds to the UK tax payer. 

Then not one banker was jailed fot the collapse!! 

Still think it's trivial. 

What we can do is keep talking about it. 

Keep it in the public interest that rangers defrauded you as a tax payer millions of pounds yet everyone sweeps it under the carpet. 

The post office scandal is decades old. People went to prison for a massive error. 

Why hasnt anyone associated with rangers went infront of a magistrate to answer questions?? 

This is the real Injustice. 

I meant the badge covering is relatively trivial.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Try and beat them

Good shout, a exhibition match, I'd reckon we'd take 10 of them!

Japan Jambo
8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Shaking my head at all of the people saying they aren’t bothered by this. I wouldn’t say I was furious, but it is pathetic and disrespectful behaviour when you are the guests at someone else’s stadium. The club are quite right to make a complaint.

I also wonder whether all the people who ‘aren’t bothered’ would feel the same if it were a Celtic sticker on top of our crest. Somehow I suspect that would be different.

👍

CostaJambo
35 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

No idea. Google it. 

Exactly, we have no idea hence why would we be happy with an unknown sum?

Jim Panzee
26 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

They will be claiming next that Rangers Woman's Team has nothing to do with, and they have no connection to The Rangers FC.

:rofl:

kingantti1874

Thread title should be changed at least since clear hearts didn’t authorise anything 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

A quick google (remember the bit where I said I genuinely couldn’t care less?) reveals HMRC were originally after £94m and settled for £56m. 

That’s a lot of sponsored orange walks and tea towel sales. 

Aye, very good; they let their club die

OmiyaHearts

Like most, I didn't even know about this til the club statement. I never even knew there was a game on.

Finding it very difficult to care about this, tbh. Surprised we released a statement highlighting it and made it out to be an 'outrage' that most fans don't seem to care about.

Really highlights how precious some fans can be.

Jim Panzee
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Aye, very good; they let their club die

walking away - it's the rangers way....

They claim they have a world wide support of millions . Telling me they could not have started a foundation to try and raise the cash ? Aye okay . They let their club die 

portobellojambo1

Where, as in this case, a Scottish tournament's final is being played at a neutral should things such as do's and don'ts within the stadium, plus host club costs etc, not be relayed to all participating teams. Not this particular issue but the game was on TV and it did seem like a decent crowd in the main stand. The only thougt I had at the time was in relation to ehether or not HMFC got any profit from food/drink sales within the ground or if everything went to the SFA.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

walking away - it's the rangers way....

They're the people, who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets

The people that ripped off the people

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Where, as in this case, a Scottish tournament's final is being played at a neutral should things such as do's and don'ts within the stadium, plus host club costs etc, not be relayed to all participating teams. Not this particular issue but the game was on TV and it did seem like a decent crowd in the main stand. The only thougt I had at the time was in relation to ehether or not HMFC got any profit from food/drink sales within the ground or if everything went to the SFA.

Can't see how the club made money from this; £1 a concession, £8 for adults

Be fortunate to cover costs and presumably didn't lose out of it

Ricardo Quaresma

Why should anyone care enough to tell people on here that they don't care about this?

If a Hearts fan is miffed about it, that's surely fine

Bungalow Bill
37 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Exactly, we have no idea hence why would we be happy with an unknown sum?

You think it’s possible it’s a freebie? Ffs we would have been paid for this. 

2 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

school-of-rock-nailed-it.gif

It’s unbelievably small time from the huns. Ideally, the club would’ve stayed silent but probably felt they had to appease the folk raging about it. 

There is a wider point to this. How can Rangers now take action against the idiots in their support who vandalise and deface other stadiums with their graffiti and stickers when their own football team is doing it. Irresponsible and disrespectful.

boag1874

Tell you what I genuinely think this wouldn't have wound folk up as much if it wasn't smaller than our badge making it so so obvious that it's been plastered over the top of it. If it was the correct size so as to completely hide our badge from view it would look less disrespectful ironically

i8hibsh

How ****ing out of touch can some people at our club be.

**** me, what a ****ung beamer this is.

When the thread title gets changed can whoever be replaced with whomever as well 

saxondale
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What do you mean? Did you read the statement from Hearts?

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Assume we were happy with the fee received  

Was shocked to see this picture, but even more shocked to learn that the women’s game has earned us some money. Is this a first.

MattyK82
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The club is raging. You not see the statement?

JDK2020
2 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

It’s not like they’ve broken into the stadium and done this as some sort of prank. We’ve offered up our stadium as a neutral venue. It’s unsurprising a team don’t want to be sitting doing the prematch team talk whilst staring at another team’s badge. We could have dealt with the whole thing better imo.

100% correct. The embarrassment of this is all self-inflicted.

Art Vanderlay
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When the thread title gets changed can whoever be replaced with whomever as well 

That would be incorrect bro.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Either way had their support got the money they could have paid HMRC and it would all have gone away. They let their club die.

Ex member of the SaS

Not getting my nickers in a twist but this is out of order. Defacing the badge of a club that is hosting the event is beyond crass. The hun think they are the only club going and they would never have done this at Celtic park. Not biging up Celtic but I doubt they would have done this had they been in the final.

The club has responded as they should, due to the posts on social media, The fact that they did not put out a statement when Shanks was pelted makes no difference. Each case is dealt with differently and the Shanks case was well reported in the media.

Jambo-Fox

‘Evo-Stik-Gate’ … who’s been caught with sticky fingers?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

That’s true, and I don’t think “Doc Rob” is suggesting otherwise.

His point surely is that there is another group of Jambos who take the opposite view?

I do my best to block those ones out and deny they even exist 😎

• davemclaren changed the title to The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )