The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )

Walter Bishop

PaintTheTownMaroon

Photo from the last SWPL cup final at Tynecastle in 2022.

Makes the clubs statement look a bit silly since clearly nobody cared when they did it last time. 

IMG_5198.jpeg

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Ricardo Quaresma

• May98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe reduce their allocation to 300 for the final league match after the split?😂

I like this idea but preferred mine!

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Aye they should hire one of those mobile billboards and have it parked up outside Ibrox for the day next time Rangers are at home. 

Or a plane. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No idea. We asked them not to have any rangers branding then they ignored us. We then issued a statement saying we weren’t happy which rangers would have known before they done it. 

The statement on its own is pointless and I don’t see the point in it if no further action is planned. 

The problem is. There isn’t really any action we can take. Literally none.

JDK2020
31 minutes ago, been here before said:

If thats real but it isnt real, its unauthorised, its nothing to do with Hearts, it wasn't agreed...

Make sense to you now?

Awwww, I see it now. If only you had been clearer in the first place instead of getting yourself in a rage! 😃

thegreatsd

It’s a nice metaphor for the two clubs existences. The Hearts badge will survive and the other one will be in the bin. 

JDK2020
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What can they do other than someone take a massive shite on the Rangers crest?

:Shanks:

GinRummy
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Then there isn’t any point in the statement. We’ve literally issued a statement saying we aren’t happy about it when the people who done it already knew we wouldn’t be happy. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Or a plane. 

A fully laden B52 bomber ought to do the trick 

GinRummy
Just now, Sooks said:

A fully laden B52 bomber ought to do the trick 

😂 now that’s a plan. 

JDK2020
3 minutes ago, PaintTheTownMaroon said:

Makes the clubs statement look a bit silly since clearly nobody cared when they did it last time. 

IMG_5198.jpeg

FFS, it's a crowd of wee lassies having a party after winning a cup, no need for a bloody club statement. Presumably the sticker came off last time.

No Idle Talk
32 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

What good does our statement do other than make us look a bit childish?

You think it's Hearts that come out of this looking childish? 

Wow. 

Can we have a poll on this , so I can decide whether to be outraged or not 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

FFS, it's a crowd of wee lassies having a party after winning a cup, no need for a bloody club statement. Presumably the sticker came off last time.

A Sash bash no doubt. 

Benny Klack
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

You think it's Hearts that come out of this looking childish? 

Wow. 

Yes I do. Surprised you don’t tbh. 

Borders Jambo

I suspect it may have been because our Club asked them not to do this and they decided not to bother. 

Scummy behaviour 

No Idle Talk
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We can refuse them the use of the home dressing room at Tynecastle in future. 

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, PaintTheTownMaroon said:

IMG_5198.jpeg

Grrrrrrr

CostaJambo

Why do they feel the need to put this on at a ground the size of Tynie when there are less people there than the last 10 minutes of a derby at Easter Road?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was there a portrait of Charlie boy put up as well?

Anyway, as the club says, it is the authorities who have the responsibility. Move on.

12 minutes ago, PaintTheTownMaroon said:

IMG_5198.jpeg

Maybe it wasn’t easy to remove last time and the cleaning needed runs chance of leaving our crest scuffed, hard to tell from a photo if it’s stuck down.

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Yes I do. Surprised you don’t tbh. 

I'd say the club who were told not to bring any of their club branding into the host club's home dressing room, then proceeded to do exactly that, are the ones who come out of this looking childish. 

EH11 2NL
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Then there isn’t any point in the statement. We’ve literally issued a statement saying we aren’t happy about it when the people who done it already knew we wouldn’t be happy. 

The statement is to appeal to those having a dig at the club thinking someone at Hearts allowed it. Like the OP 

The Treasurer

Will we be allowed to get away with doing similar at Hampden for the semi final. 

No. 

Would we dismiss this as "just a sticker" if hibs has been in the final. 

Those that think this is not worth complaining about have shown their true colours (and they are not maroon and white) 

hmfc1984
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Will we be allowed to get away with doing similar at Hampden for the semi final. 

No. 

Those that think this is not worth complaining about have shown their true colours (and they are not maroon and white) 

What drivel! 

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

What drivel! 

So you wouldn't give a shit if a hibs or sellik crest had defaced our home dressing room and our club crest. 

PaddysBar
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No. 

Sorry but I’m struggling to get upset over a plastic rangers badge in the rangers dressing room (for the day) for a few hours. 

I genuinely can’t believe the club has made a statement on this, on a Sunday, but still haven’t commented on blades getting thrown at their employees recently. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Embarrassing how?

Weird you’re happy with the defacing of the clubs crest. 

They didn’t deface it though. 🫠 They covered it up(mostly). 

PaddysBar

So you wouldn't give a shit if a hibs or sellik crest had defaced our home dressing room and our club crest. 

I wouldn’t. It’s literally not worth commenting on. It’s up there with our players playing the Hearts song in an away dressing room after a game (which happens all the time)

Who gives a ****?

Edited by PaddysBar

The Treasurer
Just now, PaddysBar said:

Sorry but I’m struggling to get upset over a plastic rangers badge in the rangers dressing room (for the day) for a few hours. 

I genuinely can’t believe the club has made a statement on this, on a Sunday, but still haven’t commented on blades getting thrown at their employees recently. 

See my reply to the previous poster who "doesn't give a shit" 

hmfc1984
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Not really no. I find it hard to get upset by such trivial things. Our badge has had another clubs badge placed temporarily over it. It's not like they have painted over it or smashed up our dressing room. 

My previous comment was more in reply to the part I highlighted in your post though. Making sweeping statements that only fans who complain are true Jambos is sensationalist stuff indeed. 

PaddysBar

I have, and replied. 

Benny Klack
14 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'd say the club who were told not to bring any of their club branding into the host club's home dressing room, then proceeded to do exactly that, are the ones who come out of this looking childish. 

Calm doon man - worse things to get wound up about. 

been here before
29 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Awwww, I see it now. If only you had been clearer in the first place instead of getting yourself in a rage! 😃

Or if you could read.

Still at least we got you there 👍🏻

TBF I enjoyed hearing and singing along to the Hearts Song at Fester when we played ICT in the semi of the wee cup (the year we beat ICT !)

hmfc1984
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Bloody hell man, go take a ten minute walk outside and get away from the keyboard. This is really not a big deal. Got a few hours left of the weekend, go and enjoy them. 

PaddysBar
Just now, FWJ said:

TBF I enjoyed hearing and singing along to the Hearts Song at Fester when we played ICT in the semi of the wee cup (the year we beat ICT !)

As did I. So I’m struggling to get worked up about this😂

AC Mallin_51

I understand why folk think it’s not a big deal but let’s not forget that Rangers are the pettiest, most entitled, greeting faced disasters in Scottish football by a long shot. If the shoe was on the other foot I’m sure there would be the usual outrage they always show. It’d be some anti rangers agenda and our woman’s team would be banned from ibrox if it was the other way around 

PaddysBar
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I understand why folk think it’s not a big deal but let’s not forget that Rangers are the pettiest, most entitled, greeting faced disasters in Scottish football by a long shot. If the shoe was on the other foot I’m sure there would be the usual outrage they always show. It’d be some anti rangers agenda and our woman’s team would be banned from ibrox if it was the other way around 

So we should act like them?

JDK2020
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Or if you could read.

Still at least we got you there 👍🏻

Oh I can read... when people bother to make themselves understood.

But, "good job", you got there in the end. 

hmfc1984
2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Best thing to do would be not to emulate them then surely?

jamborich
2 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Bloody hell man, go take a ten minute walk outside and get away from the keyboard. This is really not a big deal. Got a few hours left of the weekend, go and enjoy them. 

Not sure what age you are but to some fans this grips their shit maybe you don’t understand 

been here before

Oh I can read... when people bother to make themselves understood.

But, "good job", you got there in the end. 

:rofl:

Where to begin...

JDK2020
1 minute ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Where to begin...

By posting clearly would be a promising start. 😃

Perth to Paisley

Simple question.

How would you respond to someone visiting your house and doing something you specifically asked them not to?

a] put up with it even if you knew it would annoy your housemates 

b] tell the entitled twats

you were unhappy.

Anyone answering a] is accepting their entitlement and not getting invited to my house [ever again]

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It got worse 

20240324_185013.jpg

woman-yelling.png

AC Mallin_51
6 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

So we should act like them?

5 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Best thing to do would be not to emulate them then surely?

Never said we should, just pointing out that Rangers are the world’s worst for this. Personally think it’s been blown out of proportion, as a post above said there’s situations where the Hearts song has been played after league cup semis at ER.

44 minutes ago, PaintTheTownMaroon said:

IMG_5198.jpeg

Unless its in response to last year ? I.e we didn't realise they'd do it last year so didn't feel the need to ask - I mean its a specific request to ask for isn't it? :lol: 

Simple thing to do is to bring a matt, so its not half covered. It looks more insulting because its half covering our club crest. Where as if it was completely covered and then there was a rangers badge, it would look less bad. 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )