The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )

Walter Bishop

Corstorphine Jambo
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Using it to re-line the urinals in the wheatfield apparently. 

This has increased my faith in our marketing team 👊

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Ricardo Quaresma

• May98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least thats cleared up that we didn’t authorise this.  Happy with that and (hopefully) folk can move on from it now.  

the posh bit

I was more disgusted when the club let that clown Fat Sally inside the mascot costume. 

Thunder and Lightning

I want to see a video of our board pissing on it, then setting it on fire. All while chanting, "you let your club die". Anything less and they should resign.

davemclaren
Just now, the posh bit said:

I was more disgusted when the club let that clown Fat Sally inside the mascot costume. 

🥸😎

JDK2020
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

No edinburgh derbies on sky but rangers wifies on sky what next rangers b team celtics b team glad I cancelled sky. They have woman footy on bbc could they not have shown it on alba or bbc scotland or is it cause one of uglies got to final. Badge was probably brought by sevco I would imagine, although knowing our board nothing would surprise me. Just as well semi finals of cups aren't at tynie anymore imagine hibs badge on it in a semi. 🤪🤪 

Sky sponsor the ****ing thing, why would it be on the bbc? 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I feel Hearts are damned if they do and damned if they dont in regards to the statement. If they didn't put out a statement then you would have a section of fans moaning that the club are weak and letting others walk over them (see what some say about no statement over Hibs fans.)

To be honest, I suspect the club want to get ahead of the story as the papers are trying to whip things up, so setting out that this was done against the clubs wishes directs peoples ire away.

Yeah I’d much rather have seen a statement about the Hibs fans’ behaviour to be honest but understand why they did it.  What is the board more bothered about though  - a harmless sticker or open blades, etc getting thrown at our captain, our players getting assaulted.  Sends out the wrong message imo.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
29 minutes ago, May98 said:

It's not as if they took a massive shite on the middle of the badge.  It's a plastic sticker.

What is worse, the vermin the other week or a sticker in a dressing room?  

That is exactly what they have done 🤣

davemclaren
Just now, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Metaphorically you mean, I presume. 🥸

been here before
5 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

FFS calm doon, it's nowhere near THAT! 😆

They only got use of a dressing room for a cup final.

See the very first word of my post? What is it?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Was Gazza there too?!😳

JDK2020
40 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’m glad hearts have issued a statement about this. Yea I don’t see it as that big a deal, but it sounds like Rangers asked to do it, got told no and done it anyway. Even at womans level they act like bellends. Glad the club have took a stand.

When have women ever done what they were tellt? 

Jim_Duncan

Usual arrogance from the Huns. Hopefully we smash them where it matters - in the semi final. 

JDK2020
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

See the very first word of my post? What is it?

There's nae ifs about it, it happened, but still nowhere near as bad as THAT. 🤣

martoon

I'm not actually going to do anything about it (email, protest, burst into tears...) but that arrogant, vile club have overstepped the mark.

Shameless scum.

And that's the club.

The support...where do you start?

Edited by martoon

been here before
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

There's nae ifs about it, it happened, but still nowhere near as bad as THAT. 🤣

If thats real but it isnt real, its unauthorised, its nothing to do with Hearts, it wasn't agreed...

Make sense to you now?

Dennis Reynolds

Wait till you find out it's not even the first time it's happened....

Benny Klack

Personally don’t really care about this.

Statement is a red neck IMO - smacks of Rangers “statement FC” levels of embarrassing.

Massive storm in a teacup - there are far worse things in life than this to get worked up about.

If Hearts never made any comment about it, the “incident” would be forgotten tomorrow.

Folks wetting themselves on here about this is even more ridiculous.

the posh bit
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

If thats real but it isnt real, its unauthorised, its nothing to do with Hearts, it wasn't agreed...

Make sense to you now?

St Mirren didn't agree to Celtic putting the sign up neither. They were fuming with rage when they discovered it had happened. 

Hearts1975
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah I’d much rather have seen a statement about the Hibs fans’ behaviour to be honest but understand why they did it.  What is the board more bothered about though  - a harmless sticker or open blades, etc getting thrown at our captain, our players getting assaulted.  Sends out the wrong message imo.

Absolutely bang on the money 

Benny Klack
51 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I couldn't give a toss about women's football or who authorised that. 

I do care about our club crest being very publicly defaced. Especially by the crest of that stinking bigoted shower of shite. 

Not impressed at all by that and I am glad Hearts have issued a strongly worded statement. Why anyone would think doing so is 'a riddy' is quite beyond me. 

I hope the club will make it clear to The Rangers 2012 that this is not acceptable and will be remembered. Not that they'll care, they think they run the game in this country and can do as they please. 

What good does our statement do other than make us look a bit childish?

Gordon Ramsay

Doesn't warrant a statement, no one cares about woman's football.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I suspect the board are handling the two things differently. This incident the club are releasing a statement to set the facts that it was not authorised by the club. Otherwise it could end up with a narrative that some fan thinks the club approved it and have anger at them that way.

With Hibs, I do think the club are doing a lot behind closed doors, I would think they are looking at how they proceed going on and that can take time and careful decision. I understand why fans want the club to come out with a big statement condemning it, but just because they haven't doesn't mean they aren't doing things. Hibs released a statement after the Rangers game but it felt hollow after the Hibs fans actions against us. Thats not to say a statement was not warranted by Hearts but I think you should confuse the club not releasing a statement with the club not caring about it.

been here before
3 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

St Mirren didn't agree to Celtic putting the sign up neither. They were fuming with rage when they discovered it had happened. 

Really?

"Brian Caldwell, St Mirren’s chief executive, told the Express: “The rebranding is of the club shop only, not the stadium itself, and is purely to let Celtic fans know they can use our shop while these friendly fixtures are being played here.".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

the posh bit
Just now, been here before said:

Really?

"Brian Caldwell, St Mirren’s chief executive, told the Express: “The rebranding is of the club shop only, not the stadium itself, and is purely to let Celtic fans know they can use our shop while these friendly fixtures are being played here.".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

That's fake news. 

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

As long as it doesn't damage the rightful club crest below it, who gives a **** what they do to keep themselves happy?

Its actually incredibly petty for them to even think about doing that in the first place. Someone had to think about it, and go and order a sticker to slap over the top of it.  Hun mentality summed right up, the vast majority of others would not even consider going through all the hassle for a ****ing sticker :lol:

Good comment - I think that pretty well sums up the situation.

As you say: “Its actually incredibly petty for them to even think about doing that in the first place…”

There is also the question raised by “No Idle Talk” about the fundamental lack of respect on display, and additionally whether the overlay has possibly damaged the HMFC crest.

I reckon the Hun culture is toxic. As such, perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised that even their “ladies” team has resorted to such a crass example of disrespect, arrogance, and supremacism.

6 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Statement is a red neck IMO - smacks of Rangers “statement FC” levels of embarrassing.

Massive storm in a teacup - there are far worse things in life than this to get worked up about.

If Hearts never made any comment about it, the “incident” would be forgotten tomorrow.

We asked them not to do this, they did it anyway. 

TBH I've no issue with the club making clear their position. Some fans are going to be annoyed by it. People treasure their football club. Upteen videos from Spain and the like of players (even rivals) walking round badges on the floor because they don't want to inadvertently disrespect the club (or be perceived to). 

Its maybe something which needs to be thought out going forward if we're going to be a neutral venue. 

Edited by OTT

FerryJambo81

To  be fair, if its placed on top for photo so be it. If its been stuck on, that's not on. Anything sticky leaves residue, mess and may damage the crest.

If you let someone use your house, you'd be mighty pissed if they stuck photos of themselves on your family photos, as decent analogy as I can think of. Basically graffiti, that's not cool

All said and done, won't lose sleep. Just skullduggerous behaviour from a skulduggerous mob

8 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

The only red neck is the halfwit that did it.

How easy is it to put a sheet down to  over /protect the Hearts crest then put their crest down.

Only an utter moron would think its acceptable to stick their crest over ours. Women and football eh ? 😂

Borders Jambo
1 minute ago, OTT said:

We asked them not to do this, they did it anyway. 

TBH I've no issue with the club making clear their position. Some fans are going to be annoyed by it. People treasure their football club. Upteen videos from Spain and the like of players (even rivals) walking round badges on the floor because they don't want to inadvertently disrespect the club (or be perceived to). 

Its maybe something which needs to be thought out going forward if we're going to be a neutral venue. 

This. I despise that Club and the arrogance. I feel the same about their bigoted neighbours.

I'm glad the Club have clarified things.

I also think we should have had a statement about the vermin a few weeks ago and reduced their allocation

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

To  be fair, if its placed on top for photo so be it. If its been stuck on, that's not on. Anything sticky leaves residue, mess and may damage the crest.

If you let someone use your house, you'd be mighty pissed if they stuck photos of themselves on your family photos, as decent analogy as I can think of. Basically graffiti, that's not cool

All said and done, won't lose sleep. Just skullduggerous behaviour from a skulduggerous mob

They trashed their own city afterall. Having respect for others' property won't figure.

rangersgeorgesq.thumb.jpg.44409043acf32b746ee5845287b39512.jpg

Bongo 1874

If it had been a hibs badge, would fans still have the same opinion? Thinking it's okay.

Silly question.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Is it really though ? It would be a minor embarrassment if we had authorised it I suppose , but really it is just a case of some smelly Hun sticking a sticker on the floor while we get money for renting our stadium out . Not like we let them brand our stadium or something 

That's how I feel 😳 plus I'm going to get ripped by my mates 🤣

29 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Sky sponsor the ****ing thing, why would it be on the bbc? 

:lol: it’s literally called the sky sports cup. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

If thats real its a ****in shocker.

Up there with this...

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg.bc5eb1a8967c25a87d291fbea1148a06.jpg

Totally different.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Totally different.

We've established that.

GinRummy

Now the club has issued a statement they need to do something about it imo. Just a statement is pretty weak so I hope they’ve got something lined up. 

FerryJambo81
4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

They trashed their own city afterall. Having respect for others' property won't figure.

Glasgow 2024 tourism board advert right there 😂 classic

Debut 4
5 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

That’s a big crack in the road. Not just potholes that are appearing …..

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Now the club has issued a statement they need to do something about it imo. Just a statement is pretty weak so I hope they’ve got something lined up. 

What can they do other than someone take a massive shite on the Rangers crest?

Wee Mikey

Personally, I didn't notice the crest at first.

I was too OCD'd wondering about the fate of the #11 shirt.

Debut 4
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Better if it was skitters. 

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe reduce their allocation to 300 for the final league match after the split?😂

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

what do you expect them to do exactly? Galling as it is it’s not exactly a criminal offence. We can’t sue them, we can’t charge them? 

they are scum! put it down to a learning experience and chill 

JDK2020
10 minutes ago, May98 said:

:lol: it’s literally called the sky sports cup. 

Folk just looking to find offence. Time the real fitba was starting again. 

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye they should hire one of those mobile billboards and have it parked up outside Ibrox for they day next time Rangers are at home. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No idea. We asked them not to have any rangers branding then they ignored us. We then issued a statement saying we weren’t happy which rangers would have known before they done it. 

The statement on its own is pointless and I don’t see the point in it if no further action is planned. 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )