The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )

Walter Bishop

14 minutes ago, Art Vanderlay said:

That would be incorrect bro.

Might as well go full on incorrect 

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Ricardo Quaresma

• May98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JG_1874

In European context of Finals, the Club branding is covered in favour of the incoming Home Team it’s nothing new. 

If Hearts made a few ££££ from yesterday then that’s good enough for me. 

mountain molehill springs to mind 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Had a great weekend, thanks. 

I'm hardly suicidal over this matter but I see it as yet another example of the arse cheeks thinking they can do whatever they want and the rest, including the authorities, just have to take it. 

I suppose that is the backdrop to all of this. The underlying subtext. The elephant in the room. 

If Rangers and Celtic(in this instance Rangers) weren't riding roughshod over the rest of Scottish Football on and off the park then the people who are annoyed about this might feel considerably less so. In isolation the incident may be trivial but it just feels like yet another example of them doing as they please and trampling over the top of you. The sight of the Rangers badge on top of the Hearts badge is actually quite symbolic in that sense. 

If it had been a Partick Thistle badge where the Rangers badge was then I'd likely have been much less bothered about this. Although I still would have felt that it could have been done more carefully(get a badge big enough to cover the Hearts badge at least ffs). Or that Hearts wishes should have been respected if they indicated they did not want to see anything like that in the home dressing room. 

• davemclaren changed the title to The Women's' cup final badge scandal ( updated )
Gillsland jack

Has there been any permanent damage? as in, will a contractor have to deploy industrial type substances to remove Sevco sticker, OR was it removed by the Sevco team when they left after the game?

If the Sevco badge was a temporary item and they left the changing room in the condition they found it in, then who really cares, if it has caused damage to our club crest, then they are out of order and should acknowledge that with an apology.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )
Ricardo Quaresma

It appears to be a table cloth, or some other type of portable branding, note the ruffle; there's another which seems to be made from plywood beside it 👇

image.thumb.jpeg.10f81a4c742a6561ce2e5fe796208468.jpeg

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Ray Gin
3 hours ago, ramrod said:

What is quite surprising is the amount of Hun sympathisers we still have within our support. Though that was dead in the water nowadays and they were despised as much  as Cetic,Hibs and Aberdeen  

Bet you're bottom dollar if its was  Sellick crest they would be ragin, lol.

100%. They would be apoplectic.

Gillsland jack
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It appears to be a table cloth, or some other type of portable branding, note the ruffle; there's another which seems to be made from plywood beside it 👇

-

If its a bit of cloth and they removed it afterwards, then I don't know what we are getting our knickers in a twist about, someone almost hit our striker with a swiss army knife/bottle opener a few weeks ago, the culprit is a Hibs fan, why are we not concentrating on investigating that matter further.

PortyBeach
37 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I do my best to block those ones out and deny they even exist 😎

🤣

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

If its a bit of cloth and they removed it afterwards, then I don't know what we are getting our knickers in a twist about, someone almost hit our striker with a swiss army knife/bottle opener a few weeks ago, the culprit is a Hibs fan, why are we not concentrating on investigating that matter further.

Yes, I know, I was there and I thought it was a golf ball at first from the Gorgie, but there's the legal aspect and the prospect of them reciprocating if we cut their allocation

Anyway, did someone not post an article on here with Ann Budge responding to the series of events that night, or was that an article from the last time they threw stuff at our players?

Boris5115
11 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Correct 

Budge and Mckinlay should concentrate on more serious matters. 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

So likely no damage and probably if anything protecting the badge. The club has made a bit of a fool of itself with that pompous rushed statement triggered by a few posts on this site.

Away fans better be careful not to deface or disrespect our badges in the stands by draping a flag or scarf on them ... or even sitting on them.

Edited by Francis Albert

PortyBeach
29 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The sight of the Rangers badge on top of the Hearts badge is actually quite symbolic in that sense. 

Difficult to argue with that…

11 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

"Scandal" 

😂😂😂

It's probably what your bedsheets look like

HopeDiouf
Just now, kila said:

🤣👍

Just now, kila said:

Good one..... 😴 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Sir PH said:

Grown men pishin' their knickers over a piece of cloth.😂

what you do with your bedsheets is your own business

Chuck Berry

I'd prefer it if the club had spoken out this strongly when bladed objects were being chucked at our players endangering their safety.

This is just nothing, and completely OTT.   Priorities a bit wrong.

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

what you do with your bedsheets is your own business

That makes no sense. 

Ricardo Quaresma
36 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

...The sight of the Rangers badge on top of the Hearts badge is actually quite symbolic in that sense...

It is what is bugging people; I doubt that if it was a huge sticker and cost loads of damage that no Hearts Fans would be upset, if it was placed elsewhere on the floor

But they disrespectly put it on top of our badge, knowing it's not big enough to cover it

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Grown men pishin' their knickers over a piece of cloth.😂

Jeez, are you an AI bot?

Gets an update of the composition of the item, amends previous post and reposts the same 5h1t :rofl:

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

-

I can see her/his balls hanging out😉

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

That makes no sense. 

Neither did EBTs, unfortunately for you

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Neither did EBTs, unfortunately for you

Again, this makes no sense. 

Nookie Bear

Finding it hard to be fussed about this.

We would find it amusing had we done it the other way round and would laugh if rangers released a statement afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Jeez, are you an AI bot?

Gets an update of the composition of the item, amends previous post and reposts the same 5h1t :rofl:

I amended no post.👍

Just now, been here before said:

@Sir PH giving it the staunch defence in 2 threads now :rofl:

Here's 'been here the bore'!

"Email the tikit oafis" 😂

Jesus wept man. Must be nice when this is the peak of your worries. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Sir PH said:

I amended no post.👍

That's what a conniving AI bot would claim

busbyfth

saw the photo  and assumed it was a set up   by Celtic fans who  have read/heard about comments on the radio from pundits who have called us Rangers reserves because they always beat us (eg we are not  supposed to try against them) 

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's what a conniving AI bot would claim

Glad we cleared that up.

JDK2020
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Surprise surprise Rangers declined to comment 

As hearts should have done.

If their aim was to belittle hearts then job done, but the damage has been mostly self-inflicted IMO.

Edited by JDK2020

Bull's-eye

Haven't slept all night after this earthquake of a story hit the headlines.

Boycotting the game on Saturday out of pure unadulterated embarrassment.

The world with forever be a different place.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Just now, JDK2020 said:

As hearts should have done.

If their aim was to belittle hearts then job done, but it's been mostly self-inflicted IMO.

Aye. Streisand effect in action. We look like dribbling conspiracists convinced everyone is out to get us, much like Rangers

Hackney Hearts
14 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I genuinely can’t believe the club has made a statement on this, on a Sunday, but still haven’t commented on blades getting thrown at their employees recently. 

I think the major difference is that the blades weren't thrown by Hibernian FC (strict liability etc) - this latest behaviour wasn't from Rangers fans or players, but by the club. Against the express wishes of Hearts as hosts.

HopeDiouf

don't see the big deal tbh, so long as dressing room left in same state as when they arrived.  would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

1971fozzy
12 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Missing the point. 

Say I come to your house when you away.

(coz you've gave permission to so do) 

I come in. 

Put my 32 inch tv to play my game over your 56 inch tv. 

Use your electricity, steal you batteries. 

Have a shite. Don't flush. 

Drink all your milk and leave a sip. 

Make a sandwich. 

Leave the knife and plate in the sink along with the empty coffee cup and spoon. 

You wouldn't be a bit pissed off? 

But you got paid for it....... 

You would put a comment on your social media. 

You just would 

69FD94F1-8439-439B-8CAF-CA1B0D68E2E5.gif.4e5f7e096660fa956a86818465d946e2.gif

Walter Bishop

Had a night to think about it and I’m more than happy at the statement from Hearts yesterday. 

Also good to see those that take delight in singing “Hello Hello” at Tynecastle showing their true colours on this thread. Can’t begin to imagine the response from them had it been a Celtic crest. 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Can’t begin to imagine the response from them had it been a Celtic crest. 

Celtic, Rangers, Partick Thistle or Gala Fairydean Rovers promise you I wouldn’t GAF 😂 we probs pocketed some cash and Tynie looked resplendent on TV. Who cares.

Draw the line at the tramps however

7 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Had a night to think about it and I’m more than happy at the statement from Hearts yesterday. 

Also good to see those that take delight in singing “Hello Hello” at Tynecastle showing their true colours on this thread. Can’t begin to imagine the response from them had it been a Celtic crest. 

Probably the same, who cares? 

1971fozzy

So it’s  a table cloth or a rug 🤣🤣 not a sticker or paint .

for the love of god delete this thread. Embarrassing at best

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

"Scandal"?  😆

Is that what the club is reduced to FFS? 

I think it was an ironic amendment by the mods to the original title. Nothing to do with the club.

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Gillsland jack said:

Has there been any permanent damage? as in, will a contractor have to deploy industrial type substances to remove Sevco sticker, OR was it removed by the Sevco team when they left after the game?

If the Sevco badge was a temporary item and they left the changing room in the condition they found it in, then who really cares, if it has caused damage to our club crest, then they are out of order and should acknowledge that with an apology.

I think the problem here is that the Rangers badge was placed directly over our badge with much of our badge showing around the edges. This can be quite symbolic as it has assertions of dominance and our club doesn’t matter. Although we handed over Tynecastle Park to the organisers it’s for the clubs playing in the final to show dignity and respect to the host club. Imagine if the final was at Parkhead and Rangers did that there. 
With a little bit of thought and respect our badge could have been covered completely before the Rangers badge was laid over. 
It reminded me of the time the Daily Record had a graphic of our badge with a knife through it. 

Pasquale for King

I appreciate how much we should hate these *****, but there are far better reasons to get annoyed. They’re having a good laugh at us over this and we will may even have the dubious honour of hosting their title winning party after the split. 

AEB4BA59-C543-45CB-BCF0-4BEA7A074069.jpeg

0AB7096B-6999-4697-BE2D-2C95E031BD59.jpeg

Pasquale for King

Why didn’t the club complain about the exact same thing in 2022 if it was such a big deal?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think the major difference is that the blades weren't thrown by Hibernian FC (strict liability etc) - this latest behaviour wasn't from Rangers fans or players, but by the club. Against the express wishes of Hearts as hosts.

I doubt the Rangers Board or anyone senior in the club was involved in decorating the dressing room. More likely spontanious decision of the players and/or womens' coaching staff.

JDK2020
51 minutes ago, SM8 said:

Aye. Streisand effect in action. We look like dribbling conspiracists convinced everyone is out to get us, much like Rangers

Streisand effect : every day is a school day.  👍🙂