The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )

Walter Bishop

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Totally disagree.  

if Hearts did not release a statement then it looks like we allowed this behaviour in the first instance. 

As a previous poster mentioned Hearts are damned if they do and damned if they don’t here. 

I personally see nothing wrong with the statement nor do I see anything wrong with my football club taking offence to another football club putting their badge on top of ours. 

Strange any other hearts fan would be upset about this statement imo. 

I can understand people thinking the whole thing is overblown, which I do agree, but people have to accept that as you say that without Hearts saying otherwise people will think we allowed this. To me that is a statement that has a purpose.

When its then said about the Hibs game where was the statement? My question is what would have been its purpose? I would argue it would be to make the fans happy that we are condemning Hibs, but ultimately that is not going to fix the problem. To fix the fan issue takes careful thinking as cutting Hibs allocation, means a cut of our allocation at Easter Road, some on here may be happy with that, but others wont be. So you have to weigh up all options, speak to all those to negotiate what we need to get the best outcome so such actions never happen again and Hearts dont sacrifice too much for it. Also find it funny that there is people on this forum who think the board dont care that the club captain was almost hit by objects because the club didn't send out an angry statement.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Ricardo Quaresma

• May98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ministryofdad said:

Missing the point. 

Say I come to your house when you away.

(coz you've gave permission to so do) 

I come in. 

Put my 32 inch tv to play my game over your 56 inch tv. 

Use your electricity, steal you batteries. 

Have a shite. Don't flush. 

Drink all your milk and leave a sip. 

Make a sandwich. 

Leave the knife and plate in the sink along with the empty coffee cup and spoon. 

You wouldn't be a bit pissed off? 

But you got paid for it....... 

You would put a comment on your social media. 

You just would 

If you rent out your house and get paid for it then as long as nothing is damaged who gives a **** what the people renting do? 

PaddysBar
1 minute ago, Ministryofdad said:

The club is 12 years old.

The women's team 4 minium. 

The badge, history, stadium. Et all was bought from Mike Ashley. 

Rangers football club died in 2012.

They let their club die. 

The phoenix club risen from said liquidation has to buy their way in illegally to the SFA.

Bargained with the SFL for the vacant membership. 

The new Co bought the old Company stock. 

Reincarnated as rangers. 

There almost there with the dodo also. 

The things with sequels. 

None of them live up to the original. 

I couldn’t care less about any other team than Hearts. 

I genuinely have zero feelings either way, apart from hating Hibs when we play them. 

However, rangers fans didn’t let their club die. HMRC don’t accept any CVAs as a matter of principle and as they were rangers biggest creditors, there was never any hope of the fans saving rangers. It was not possible. 

Fans of other clubs singing ‘you let your club die’ sound a bit simple to me. 

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Oh I can read... when people bother to make themselves understood.

But, "good job", you got there in the end. 

:vrface:

1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

We do so many things right these days but we’ve cocked this one right up with this statement nonsense.

“Defaced” 

:facepalm:

Correct.  And people pretending to be raging to back the tin pot statement are even worse. 

2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I genuinely have zero feelings either way, apart from hating Hibs when we play them. 

However, rangers fans didn’t let their club die. HMRC don’t accept any CVAs as a matter of principle and as they were rangers biggest creditors, there was never any hope of the fans saving rangers. It was not possible. 

Didn’t the old club win the tax case?  They thought they wouldn’t so hit the bucket on the basis of £80m I think they thought they would owe.  There was no need, even more beautiful. 

PaddysBar
Just now, May98 said:

Didn’t the old club win the tax case?  They thought they wouldn’t so hit the bucket on the basis of £80m I think they thought they would owe.  There was no need, even more beautiful. 

Can’t remember the ins and outs of the various cases but the important one was that rangers got liquidated because HMRC doesn’t do CVAs. 

Pasquale for King

These horrible ***** sing songs for years, trash the seats/toilets/kiosks and get their allocation cut but we go apeshit over a badge? 
They obviously thought about what they were doing, and I hope that this sours the far too cosy relationship we have with them, but storm in a tea cup springs to mind.

JDK2020
8 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Missing the point. 

Say I come to your house when you away.

(coz you've gave permission to so do) 

I come in. 

Put my 32 inch tv to play my game over your 56 inch tv. 

Use your electricity, steal you batteries. 

Have a shite. Don't flush. 

Drink all your milk and leave a sip. 

Make a sandwich. 

Leave the knife and plate in the sink along with the empty coffee cup and spoon. 

You wouldn't be a bit pissed off? 

But you got paid for it....... 

You would put a comment on your social media. 

You just would 

Oh FFS!   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Oh FFS!   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Priceless post from you.

Des Lynam
4 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Can’t remember the ins and outs of the various cases but the important one was that rangers got liquidated because HMRC doesn’t do CVAs

That's not true. 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can understand people thinking the whole thing is overblown, which I do agree, but people have to accept that as you say that without Hearts saying otherwise people will think we allowed this. To me that is a statement that has a purpose.

When its then said about the Hibs game where was the statement? My question is what would have been its purpose? I would argue it would be to make the fans happy that we are condemning Hibs, but ultimately that is not going to fix the problem. To fix the fan issue takes careful thinking as cutting Hibs allocation, means a cut of our allocation at Easter Road, some on here may be happy with that, but others wont be. So you have to weigh up all options, speak to all those to negotiate what we need to get the best outcome so such actions never happen again and Hearts dont sacrifice too much for it. Also find it funny that there is people on this forum who think the board dont care that the club captain was almost hit by objects because the club didn't send out an angry statement.

You need to cut out this common sense.  😄

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Just tin pot pettiness from the zombie club. Nothing to do with Hearts so best just ignored. 

I agree.  There are plenty of things to get annoyed about, and that isn't one of them.

10 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Can’t remember the ins and outs of the various cases but the important one was that rangers got liquidated because HMRC doesn’t do CVAs. 

They didn’t owe money to hmrc though, they went bust on the presumption they would lose the big tax case or some shit.

**** them though, the only crap thing is they never ****ed off for good. 

PaddysBar
15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

That's not true. 

Technically you are correct. They will in certain circumstances agree but…….

‘Additionally, HMRC will not support CVAs when there has been poor management, lack of financial information, regular late filing of tax returns or annual accounts and lots of tax arrears going back for a long time. We call this the compliance test.’

PaddysBar
12 minutes ago, May98 said:

They didn’t owe money to hmrc though, they went bust on the presumption they would lose the big tax case or some shit.

**** them though, the only crap thing is they never ****ed off for good. 

They owed shitloads but agree on your second paragraph 👍😂

Ministryofdad
24 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Tell me again how fans of rangers didn't let their club die!!

Wasn't it rangers fans running the club KNOWINGLY defrauding HMRC. 

Employment benefit trusts....... 

You are very much so mistaken to assume rangers fans didn't let their club die. 

Everyone associated with the club did. 

Two tax cases proved so.

The club, assestsy, history and everything ever mentioned died in 2012.

This is a fact. 

Facts dont care about anyone's histoty. 

Call me simple. 

Dont call me a liar. 

Glasgow rangers. You let you club die

PaddysBar
Just now, Ministryofdad said:

Two tax cases proved so.

This is a fact. 

Call me simple. 

Dont call me a liar. 

Jeez man. Calm down😂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Metaphorically you mean, I presume. 🥸

Of course.

To be honest, I thought it was funny. Sure, it was bound to wind us Jambos up, and the club is 100% right to make an official complaint, but as a cup final motivator for their team it was a genius move.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Of course.

To be honest, I thought it was funny. Sure, it was bound to wind us Jambos up, and the club is 100% right to make an official complaint, but as a cup final motivator for their team it was a genius move.

Sorry, getting harder to tell these days. 👍😄

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Just now, davemclaren said:

Sorry, getting harder to tell these days. 👍😄

😁👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Two tax cases proved so.

This is a fact. 

Call me simple. 

Dont call me a liar. 

:robboyas:

Although a trivial matter, any besmirching of our glorious badge by another club inside of our stadium should be met with hostility.

We need to respond, what can we do?

Set Ibrox on fire?

Burn a rangurs tap?

Doc Rob

Shaking my head at all of the people saying they aren’t bothered by this. I wouldn’t say I was furious, but it is pathetic and disrespectful behaviour when you are the guests at someone else’s stadium. The club are quite right to make a complaint.

I also wonder whether all the people who ‘aren’t bothered’ would feel the same if it were a Celtic sticker on top of our crest. Somehow I suspect that would be different.

the posh bit
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

I also wonder whether all the people who ‘aren’t bothered’ would feel the same if it were a Celtic sticker on top of our crest. Somehow I suspect that would be different.

100% spot on. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Doc Rob said:

Shaking my head at all of the people saying they aren’t bothered by this. I wouldn’t say I was furious, but it is pathetic and disrespectful behaviour when you are the guests at someone else’s stadium. The club are quite right to make a complaint.

If it was a celtic or a hibs badge certain folk not bothered would be swinging from their ceiling

henrysmithsgloves
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Although a trivial matter, any besmirching of our glorious badge by another club inside of our stadium should be met with hostility.

Set Ibrox on fire?

Burn a rangurs tap?

Make sure it's at sellick park next year or ipox,Hun or Tim's in the final,and watch how they feel when their club crest gets covered over🤣

Jambo-Fox

😨 wait until we see the reaction to Champions League / Europa League / Conference League branding obliterating some of the finer points of Tynecastle 😱 

I hope the Foundation Plaza survived the rampaging vandals …

Ministryofdad
6 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Jeez man. Calm down😂

If you knew what I knew. You would be raging more than me. 

SFA are bent to the core. 

Rfc 03/1872 - 31/10/2012

Sevco Scotland aka TIRFC 

29th may 2012 - 

Bought the stadium, bought the badge, bought old company history. 

UEFA banned them for 3 years from European competitions. Solely because as a new Co and the bent SFA granting them membership over The Spartans they didn't have 3 years of accounting because THEY WERE A NEW CLUB!

P.S only club to not vote in the whole of Scottish football about the saga was Kilmarnock. 

I get 13 years is long time in life, in football. 

However a monumental cluster**** by one if the biggest clubs on this island and majority tend to sweep it under the carpet. 

No Scottish parliment review in to it. 

No Westminster government public inquiry as to why the public was defrauded out of so much money over the decades of deception from rangers associates....... 

Yet now majority of us think ach it's okay. 

It's not okay. It never will be okay. 

Those that think it's okay are the problem.

I said it before and will say it again 

Facts dont care about your feelings. 

Anything this new club does whilst wearing the old man's clothing is in a military term a Walt. 

All rangers fans are walts

Screenshot_20240324-233748.png

redjambo

As long as they didn't do any damage to our crest, I couldn't give a shiny shite. Tynecastle was used as a neutral venue and the two clubs should have been told to "do what you want within your respective changing rooms but leave them as they were when you leave". It's that simple. Embarrassing that we're offended by this.

Ministryofdad
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Set Ibrox on fire?

Burn a rangurs tap?

Trivial to you. 

Not to the majority that still feel rightly outraged by the failures of those responsible. 

Rangers defrauding British tax payers to the sum of 56 million and yet people like you thinks its trivial. 

Is it trivial that RBS was sold in 2008 to the UK government for all those billions of pounds only to be sold to Lloyds banking group for a loss of twelve billion pounds to the UK tax payer. 

Then not one banker was jailed fot the collapse!! 

Still think it's trivial. 

What we can do is keep talking about it. 

Keep it in the public interest that rangers defrauded you as a tax payer millions of pounds yet everyone sweeps it under the carpet. 

The post office scandal is decades old. People went to prison for a massive error. 

Why hasnt anyone associated with rangers went infront of a magistrate to answer questions?? 

This is the real Injustice. 

24 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I wouldn’t give a shite either way tbh.

would you think it was unacceptable if we put a hmfc badge in the changing room or say St Mirren if we played a semi final there or think it was harmless banter and lap it up? 

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

As long as they didn't do any damage to our crest, I couldn't give a shiny shite. Tynecastle was used as a neutral venue and the two clubs should have been told to "do what you want within your respective changing rooms but leave them as they were when you leave". It's that simple. Embarrassing that we're offended by this.

The voice of reason. 

Des Lynam
7 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Trivial to you. 

Not to the majority that still feel rightly outraged by the failures of those responsible. 

Rangers defrauding British tax payers to the sum of 56 million and yet people like you thinks its trivial. 

Is it trivial that RBS was sold in 2008 to the UK government for all those billions of pounds only to be sold to Lloyds banking group for a loss of twelve billion pounds to the UK tax payer. 

Keep it in the public interest that rangers defrauded you as a tax payer millions of pounds yet everyone sweeps it under the carpet. 

The post office scandal is decades old. People went to prison for a massive error. 

Why hasnt anyone associated with rangers went infront of a magistrate to answer questions?? 

There was several rangers fraud cases. 

gregzy2k7

Holy ****ing smokes!!

That's absolutely disgusting, 

I'm assuming that's from the women's cup final in which Rangers won it at Tynecastle??

The question is ? Who is responsible for that? If its rangers then they should be fined for it, if it's us then we deserve all the stick we get, Sorry but that should never be allowed to happen.

Makes us look amateurish ffs!!

4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Holy ****ing smokes!!

I'm assuming that's from the women's cup final in which Rangers won it at Tynecastle??

The question is ? Who is responsible for that? If its rangers then they should be fined for it, if it's us then we deserve all the stick we get, Sorry but that should never be allowed to happen.

You should probably read the whole Fred mate. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Trivial to you. 

Probably because there are no magistrates in Scotland.  

if HMRC felt there was still a sound case to pursue Rangers they would do it. 

HBOS was sold to Lloyds Banking group not RBS. 

tcjambo

Funny that people that were laughing about the English shirts might be so incensed over this. Disrespectful in both instances.

manaliveits105
45 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Holy ****ing smokes!!

It wasn't and it doesn't 

SpruceBringsteen

If England had won this would quite simply have been the best weekend of all time for a bunch of the OH SO CONTROVERSIAL hun guys on here. 😅

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Geez peace. There are plenty of Jambos like me who dislike Rangers and all it stands for way more than Celtic

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

The rangers fans could paid the tax bill, so they could have saved their club; just because they were not afforded a discount via CVA, as you claim, doesn't mean they did not let their club die; they did

You sound like a pure *** sympathiser

loveofthegame
6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

it was a cup final and they put a sticker/mat down in their changing room for the duration of their match 😂

Its fair to say I’m not bothered and if you are you need to get out more. 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Personally, I didn't notice the crest at first.

I was too OCD'd wondering about the fate of the #11 shirt.

She cracked her skull on the mezzanine floor, putting a sticker on it :lol:

9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

We can refuse them the use of the home dressing room at Tynecastle in future. 

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Simply by covering the Hearts badge and putting a Rangers badge there without the edges of the Hearts badge on display. And doing the same in the away dressing room put a Partick badge there. It’s a neutral stadium for this event. Decorate the dressing rooms accordingly. Instead we leave an open goal for a bunch of rangers fans to take the piss oh my who could’ve predicted that? 

Or we could have told them to put their sticker on the many square metres of floor that didn't have a Hearts Crest on it, as we surely knew that they did exactly the same thing 2 years ago

Notice that the statement doesn't claim that they were told not to, just that they weren't told they could do this, could be wrong, I read it quickly

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Bungalow Bill
9 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Why do they feel the need to put this on at a ground the size of Tynie when there are less people there than the last 10 minutes of a derby at Easter Road?

Who cares. We should be happy to take the SWPL money. 

We surely want Tynecastle to be a venue the SPFL/SFA/SWPL want to use. 

Sherbet
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Set Ibrox on fire?

Burn a rangurs tap?

Try and beat them

loveofthegame
10 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Who cares. We should be happy to take the SWPL money. 

We surely want Tynecastle to be a venue the SPFL/SFA/SWPL want to use. 

Correct. Suspect the final will go elsewhere going forward after this dramatic pish from the club. 

And for anyone who says they don’t care- it’s growing our revenue through other means that might just keep us ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen and allow us to attempt to close the gap on the OF.

Edited by loveofthegame

PortyBeach
7 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I don’t think HMRC sees it’s in its own interests to allow a business to fold with the resultant loss in tax revenues.

Decisions on the merits of a CVA will be taken on a case-by-case basis. It’s not a slam-dunk. 

PaddysBar
53 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The rangers fans could paid the tax bill, so they could have saved their club; just because they were not afforded a discount via CVA, as you claim, doesn't mean they did not let their club die; they did

You sound like a pure *** sympathiser

A quick google (remember the bit where I said I genuinely couldn’t care less?) reveals HMRC were originally after £94m and settled for £56m. 

That’s a lot of sponsored orange walks and tea towel sales. 

PortyBeach
5 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Geez peace. There are plenty of Jambos like me who dislike Rangers and all it stands for way more than Celtic

That’s true, and I don’t think “Doc Rob” is suggesting otherwise.

His point surely is that there is another group of Jambos who take the opposite view?

What is quite surprising is the amount of Hun sympathisers we still have within our support. Though that was dead in the water nowadays and they were despised as much  as Cetic,Hibs and Aberdeen  

Bet you're bottom dollar if its was  Sellick crest they would be ragin, lol.

For what it worth only a halfwit would think that was a good idea.

Just stick a sheet down to cover,/protect the Hearts crest and stick their crest down for the photo.

Women and football eh ? 😂

• davemclaren changed the title to The Womens' cup final badge scandal ( updated )