Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The agreement came with the understanding that the club would have to cover the cost of all unsold tickets. As things stand, just over 3,000 tickets remain for sale with the club having sold 17,800.

Neck and neck with the BH total!

Where does that quote come from?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Newton51
12 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Neck and neck with the BH total!

Where does that quote come from?

Joel sked on Hearts Standard

hmfc1984

I'm totally confused by how many tickets we've sold. Some saying we'll sell out others saying 3000 left to sell 🤔

SE16 3LN
49 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

If we’d had the shocker of a season they’d had, we’d have sold about 12,000. These things are just part and parcel of football. 

No, the correct answer is that they're a bunch of sheep shagging, oil slurpring, fish smelling, seagull starving Aberdeen *******s who play at one of the worst grounds in the UK, located somewhere in the depths of the freezing North sea. 

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

I'm totally confused by how many tickets we've sold. Some saying we'll sell out others saying 3000 left to sell 🤔

We are not selling out. We are sitting at just under 18,000 sold. Big Hearts tickets, likely totalling several hundred still to be added plus the continued drip drip of other tickets shifted before Sunday. 19k max which is a superb effort and should be receiving positive noise. 3k more than the semi in November 2024, 50% more than the 2012 semi v Celtic and nearly twice as many as Aberdeen have sold for their semi on Saturday. Brilliant effort from the fanbase. 

Vlad Magic
5 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

We still have X number to sell out of allocation of 50% of all tickets.

X is likely difficult to be precise on as tickets are being sold even today and by the hour X changes.

Allocation minus X leaves tickets still to be sold in this case you have quoted 3000.

Add to this a large number of tickets will now be gifted to Big Hearts depending on how much money they raise and the costs of getting those to Hampden, back again and a suitable lunch of sorts.

Personally I wouldn’t be too concerned about any numbers sold, still to be sold or gifted via Big Hearts. It looks like the club and Big Hearts have gone over and above their station to completely sell out our allocation come game day.

This in my opinion is more important than any discussion regarding current sales.

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

You're not the only one 🤨

Eddiepolio3
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You're not the only one 🤨

Me too!!! 

I thought someone earlier did a dot count and we only had 625 left??

This is so confusing!

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Joel sked on Hearts Standard

Thanks.

I wish Joel would dig a bit deeper and put folk on here out of their misery by finding out where the club are holding back tickets. 600 on Ticketmaster plus up to 1k unavailable in the front & back rows still leaves around 1.4k unaccounted for. H5 & H6 Upper South? Will these be opened at any point? Small random blocks dotted around? He could put the Hearts Standard at the forefront of investigative journalism! 😉

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

The third biggest club in the country have sold 9k for their semi final

There was me thinking it was 8k, what a truly fantastic effort from them to get to 9k

:qqb006:

36 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Worth it to see less Sevco fans.

Worth every penny.

100% this, 

33 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

:kirk:

17,800 - 16,000 = 1800

:lol:

hmfc1984
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

We still have X number to sell out of allocation of 50% of all tickets.

X is likely difficult to be precise on as tickets are being sold even today and by the hour X changes.

Allocation minus X leaves tickets still to be sold in this case you have quoted 3000.

Add to this a large number of tickets will now be gifted to Big Hearts depending on how much money they raise and the costs of getting those to Hampden, back again and a suitable lunch of sorts.

Personally I wouldn’t be too concerned about any numbers sold, still to be sold or gifted via Big Hearts. It looks like the club and Big Hearts have gone over and above their station to completely sell out our allocation come game day.

This in my opinion is more important than any discussion regarding current sales.

Indeed, thank you for the maths lesson 😆.  I meant I am confused by the difference in totals people have arrived at. Some seem like they have confirmed information but the numbers are quite different. 

I completely understand how we have an allocation of tickets and those sold deducted from that number equal what is left to sell 😏

I think it is perfectly reasonable that Hearts fans are interested in how many tickets we've sold. The Big Hearts team have however done a monumental job, as I have already posted. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Still not getting why we're expected to be paying anything. 

Lost revenue? Fine

Guarantees? No getting

Have you just returned from a month long trip to the moon or something? 😉

luckyBatistuta

As long as it’s 1/2/3 seats here and there, it will hardly show up. It’s a fantastic effort by all, no matter what the figure ends up at. Everyone who has bought a ticket or donated…you have done our club proud

BRING IT ON:flagwave:

Fake Persona

I don't have 5 LPs but when I saw there was such low take up I kinda expected a general sale by now... 

Kinda promised my three kids that we could go but now I'm sweating, and it feels unnecessary given there still appear plenty tickets.. I have emailed the club to see if I can possibly not break this "promise". 

I'll take the kids to a decent hearts family bar if I can't but I think maybe it's time to open sales up to likes of me with like 2 loyalty points or whatever I've had the time to accumulate. 

Any one know any info on next release? 

Rocky jamboa

I wonder how the allocation of tickets by Big Hearts works? Do they have a list of people they can give these tickets to?? Does it go to schools, social groups etc?? 

With regards us paying for any unsold tickets, if we get 25% of total ticket sales for the 2 games, based on 100,000 attending both games at say an average of £30, our share would be £750k. So if we need to cover the cost of 2000 tickets x £30, we would still get £690k so still a decent lift. I'd imagine we will get tv money on top of that. It's so lucrative getting to these stages of the cups.

38 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We are not selling out. We are sitting at just under 18,000 sold. Big Hearts tickets, likely totalling several hundred still to be added plus the continued drip drip of other tickets shifted before Sunday. 19k max which is a superb effort and should be receiving positive noise. 3k more than the semi in November 2024, 50% more than the 2012 semi v Celtic and nearly twice as many as Aberdeen have sold for their semi on Saturday. Brilliant effort from the fanbase. 

I think we will sell more than 19 thousand and possibly even closer to 20 thousand 

Fake Persona

Anyone at all know if and when tickets will be available to <5LP supporters? 

21 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

I don't have 5 LPs but when I saw there was such low take up I kinda expected a general sale by now... 

Kinda promised my three kids that we could go but now I'm sweating, and it feels unnecessary given there still appear plenty tickets.. I have emailed the club to see if I can possibly not break this "promise". 

I'll take the kids to a decent hearts family bar if I can't but I think maybe it's time to open sales up to likes of me with like 2 loyalty points or whatever I've had the time to accumulate. 

Won't drop below 5LP 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

They won't. But if you can convince the TO you're a genuine Hearts supporter (big if, in some cases) then they might take pity on you. You'd need a significant purchase history, or preferably be a previous ST holder. 

gnasher75
25 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

It won't drop below 5 but contact the ticket office if you have a buying history.

Or ask anyone you know who has a season ticket or 20 LPs and can vouch for you being a Hearts fan and they'll be able get you tickets.

Edited by gnasher75

Sooperstar

Point is  if the moneys coming back to us anyway as a share, then what's the big fuss about? 

Its our lost revenue. 

You're still not understanding it. We have to cover the cost of all unsold tickets. Let's say that's 2,000 at 30 quid each, so a £60k cost to us. We don't get all that money back, we only get our share of it, which after costs will be say £10k.

Worth it for the 50/50 allocation? Probably. 

WalterAteMyBreakfast

I had <5 loyalty points but have a long history of purchases. I called in at the ticket office and bought tickets with no problems.

Gorgie_Rules
30 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

The ticket office will accommodate you of the back of your email.

I agree the 5 LP threshold is daft. I reckon there is more fans out there in your situation/fans want to take mates with them as an example, than huns who would want to sit in our end

Even if a few huns slip through the net then it is what it is. 90% of them would sit on their hands and if they are outed then so be it, stewards do their job. 

We should be doing all we can now to fill our allocation to have the most packed end possible and maximise revenue.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

JH-HMFC
31 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

It's not going below 5 LPs, so your best bet would be speaking to TO or seeing if you can get some ref numbers from here 👍

novoman
11 minutes ago, Fake Persona said:

I’ve sent you a DM 

Fake Persona
Just now, WalterAteMyBreakfast said:

I had <5 loyalty points but have a long history of purchases. I called in at the ticket office and bought tickets with no problems.

Can't get to Gorgie in time for close until maybe tomorrow now as I'm busy this afty but a couple people now have contacted me regards this via pm which i greatly appreciate. I will wait firstly for a reply from the club as that seems the right way after emailing them an hour or so a go.. 

Cheers guys I may be bakc in touch 

JH-HMFC
8 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The ticket office will accommodate you of the back of your email.

I agree the 5 LP threshold is daft. I reckon there is more fans out there in your situation/fans want to take mates with them as an example, than huns who would want to sit in our end

Even if a few huns slip through the net then so be it. 90% of them would sit on their hands and if they are outed then so be in, stewards do their job. 

We should be doing all we can now to fill our allocation to have the most packed end possible and maximise revenue.

Exactly. Really frustrates me that some genuine Hearts fans will be missing out over the fear of a few rangers idiots creeping in - when the reality is that at even at 5 LPs you can guarantee some will still find a way into our end. Aberdeen opened up their sales to anyone with a purchase history - surely we have to adopt similar. We can't publicly plead for our fans to buy tickets to then restrict which ones can, imo...

Edited by JH-HMFC

Shooter McGavin
54 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Thanks.

I wish Joel would dig a bit deeper and put folk on here out of their misery by finding out where the club are holding back tickets. 600 on Ticketmaster plus up to 1k unavailable in the front & back rows still leaves around 1.4k unaccounted for. H5 & H6 Upper South? Will these be opened at any point? Small random blocks dotted around? He could put the Hearts Standard at the forefront of investigative journalism! 😉

What difference does it make though?

Can’t you just wait until the day to find out what sections we decided not to make available?

53 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Thanks.

But my question is why are the club leaking information on ticket sales to this Joel Sked guy? The club should either announce how many tickets remain or don't say anything. The club have been very good at avoiding information leaks in recent years, but this kind of drip of unofficial information about ticket sales is unprofessional - and it also undermines the great work of our resident dot-counters! 

ford donald
3 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Exactly. Really frustrates me that some genuine Hearts fans will be missing out over the fear of a few rangers creeping in - when the reality is that at even at 5 LPs you can guarantee some of them will still find a way. Aberdeen opened up their sales to anyone with a purchase history - surely we have to adopt similar. We can't publicly plead for our fans to buy tickets to then restrict which ones can, imo...

This..

Jambo-Fox

One seat just appeared in G4!

and blue dots (seats) in F7 & G1 are constantly being eroded!

Jack Torrance

Shouldn't need to have a case for a 50/50 split at a neutral venue. 

Its the weegie media putting pressure on try and make sure their buddies can get 60/40 or 70/30 splits at the neutral stadium. 

Total nothing story. 

Correct. Even split should always be the starting point for every team, with deadlines to return.

Sadly people still get sucked in by the media red tops.

Fake Persona
16 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

They won't. But if you can convince the TO you're a genuine Hearts supporter (big if, in some cases) then they might take pity on you. You'd need a significant purchase history, or preferably be a previous ST holder. 

Yeah all those things I am. Fingers crossed and thanks so much for the backup offers guys, means a lot. I have a hearts related email address so hopefully they understand I'm not a currant bum

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

But my question is why are the club leaking information on ticket sales to this Joel Sked guy? The club should either announce how many tickets remain or don't say anything. The club have been very good at avoiding information leaks in recent years, but this kind of drip of unofficial information about ticket sales is unprofessional - and it also undermines the great work of our resident dot-counters! 

It’s quite obvious that Hearts are giving Joel Sked information so that he can act as a bit of a proxy to try and encourage fans who haven’t bought yet to get the finger out.

I don’t know why so many are bothered by that.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s quite obvious that Hearts are giving Joel Sked information so that he can act as a bit of a proxy to try and encourage fans who haven’t bought yet to get the finger out.

But why do the club need a proxy for this? The club themselves will have a database with the contact details of anyone who has ever bought a ticket for the home sections at Tynecastle and the Hearts sections at semis and finals i.e. the club has a much more direct line to 99% of people likely to buy a ticket than any third party.  

Luckies1874

Anyone and I mean anyone of a Hearts leaning can get a ticket for this game, if you really wanted one. IF a genuine Hearts supporter and IF you didn't know any other Hearts fan who could assist you and IF you'd been knocked back by the club (suspicious in itself), you'd have to be incredibly incompetent (or at it) not to simply come on here and be offered a reference number(s)! 

I fail to believe that there are more than just a few people that don't have the loyalty points necessary, don't have some kind of Hearts supporting contact that can assist, have no purchase history acceptable to the club and can't get a reference number from someone on social media. Any narrative to suggest real Hearts fans are being stopped from attending is ridiculous. 

darylhmfc1

If anyone needs tickets but cant due to loyalty point threshold, get in touch. I cannot attend due to wedding.

Daveandal

The Hearts Standard (Joel) and Scarves around the Funnel are not officially connected to Hearts but its clear they are helped and supported by the club in various ways.

Its not surprising that they are used to help push messaging.

Hackney Hearts
33 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

What difference does it make though?

Can’t you just wait until the day to find out what sections we decided not to make available?

Well for instance, if they're holding back H5 & H6, those are some of the best seats in our allocation and some might prefer that to being behind the goals. Or if the only seats to release are the front 3 rows of the East, those are a nightmare and to be avoided.

Personally, I can wait to find out on the day - but as I said earlier, it would reduce this thread to a fraction of its length and I can understand why fans are curious, given the unique set of circumstances for the sale of these tickets (i.e. how much we - via the club - stand to lose).

Edit to say, I don't care how much we lose financially, I think the club have done the right thing. I would like to see our end as full as possible though, obviously!

Edited by Hackney Hearts

luckydug
26 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I think that it's more likely that JS is speaking to a member of staff unofficially. Who may or may not have up to date information on sales .

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think that it's more likely that JS is speaking to a member of staff unofficially. Who may or may not have up to date information on sales .

His info seems to have been pretty accurate so far.

Shooter McGavin
19 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well for instance, if they're holding back H5 & H6, those are some of the best seats in our allocation and some might prefer that to being behind the goals. Or if the only seats to release are the front 3 rows of the East, those are a nightmare and to be avoided.

Personally, I can wait to find out on the day - but as I said earlier, it would reduce this thread to a fraction of its length and I can understand why fans are curious, given the unique set of circumstances for the sale of these tickets (i.e. how much we - via the club - stand to lose).

Edit to say, I don't care how much we lose financially, I think the club have done the right thing. I would like to see our end as full as possible though, obviously!

I imagine they want all Hearts fans to be grouped together as close as possible, rather than dotted around all over the place.

luckydug
2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

His info seems to have been pretty accurate so far.

How so ?

In that case why are people wondering where all the apparently unsold seats are ?

Shooter McGavin
34 minutes ago, stirlo said:

But why do the club need a proxy for this? The club themselves will have a database with the contact details of anyone who has ever bought a ticket for the home sections at Tynecastle and the Hearts sections at semis and finals i.e. the club has a much more direct line to 99% of people likely to buy a ticket than any third party.  

Because the club can't be arsed writing pointless statements, and are happy for a closely assosciated journalist to report the latest on this?

Heartsofgold

Had a look on the etickets site and it looks like there are only 600-1000 blue dots on that (estimated obviously)  Are there still whole blocks of tickets to be released on the website?

Shooter McGavin
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think it's pretty obvious he'll have the most accurate information out of anybody.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I imagine they want all Hearts fans to be grouped together as close as possible, rather than dotted around all over the place.

With at least 18k - 19k going, we're unlikely to be 'dotted around'. All the big sections are open, the vast majority sold out. If the 600 showing on Ticketmaster were to go in the next 3 and a half days, what next?

hughesie27
4 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I've perhaps misunderstood, but isn't that exactly what we're doing?

I'm delighted that the club is going down this route personally.

https://www.bighearts.org.uk/news/semi-final-hampden/

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I honestly don't know what he's meaning either; can you elaborate, @hughesie27?

I hadn't seen this regarding Big Hearts tbf. But what I meant was that we wouldn't be giving away unsold tickets for free! 

Different if people are buying to donate or sending cash for Big Hearts to buy up tickets of course.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

With at least 18k - 19k going, we're unlikely to be 'dotted around'. All the big sections are open, the vast majority sold out. If the 600 showing on Ticketmaster were to go in the next 3 and a half days, what next?

They'll open another section