Scottish Cup Semi Final Ticket Thread - on sale Wed 27/3

RustyRightPeg

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

They'll open another section

Yes, exactly! But which one - the "restricted view" seats? (and for Hampden that's saying something)

Or the "best view in the stadium" seats?

Should I hold off buying until I find out?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Luckies1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

flecktimus
1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I wonder how the allocation of tickets by Big Hearts works? Do they have a list of people they can give these tickets to?? Does it go to schools, social groups etc?? 

With regards us paying for any unsold tickets, if we get 25% of total ticket sales for the 2 games, based on 100,000 attending both games at say an average of £30, our share would be £750k. So if we need to cover the cost of 2000 tickets x £30, we would still get £690k so still a decent lift. I'd imagine we will get tv money on top of that. It's so lucrative getting to these stages of the cups.

100000 * £30 = £3000000 / 4 = £7500000 which each club will receive   Hearts would be Less 2000 x £30 = £60000 / 4 = £15000. So we would only pay £45000 therefore our Take would be £705000

Hope this make sense

SE16 3LN
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

As long as it’s 1/2/3 seats here and there, it will hardly show up. It’s a fantastic effort by all, no matter what the figure ends up at. Everyone who has bought a ticket or donated…you have done our club proud

BRING IT ON:flagwave:

Yes

4 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

100000 * £30 = £3000000 / 4 = £7500000 which each club will receive   Hearts would be Less 2000 x £30 = £60000 / 4 = £15000. So we would only pay £45000 therefore our Take would be £705000

Hope this make sense

Surely the £60000 would come off our share not divided by the four teams?

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Yes, exactly! But which one - the "restricted view" seats? (and for Hampden that's saying something)

There are unsold blocks of seats within otherwise sold out sections. Not sure how this is difficult to grasp! Like 10-15 rows containing several hundred seats in several sections. In total as of Thursday PM we’ve sold around 18,000 so out with the blue dots currently showing there are another approximately 2-2400 seats. These are in small blocks / rows of seats. If we do sell out or get close to selling out the currently available dots then they will continue to release in batches these rows/blocks! They have actually done that with a few rows already today. 

Additionally the Big Hearts initiative will see them buy some of these rows/blocks direct from Hearts further decreasing the current total of around 3000 available! 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I keep seeing folk mention that Hearts are having to foot the bill for unsold tickets and feel I must have missed something. I thought we had to pay upfront for the extra 2k tickets, (ie the amount over and above the 19k they wanted to give us), and that was it? Since when do clubs have to pay the SFA for all their unsold tickets? 

That semi against Hibs two years ago must have cost them a fortune!

Hungry hippo
19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How so ?

In that case why are people wondering where all the apparently unsold seats are ?

The initial figure he reported of 16k (from memory) sold at that point seemed unlikely at the time but was back up by our CEO's interview a couple of days later.

I was very sceptical about Sked's initial bit of info but the lack of correction from the club indicates to me it was correct and he has a sound source.

People are asking about the unsold seats because there is no way of knowing exactly how many tickets have been sold on the map. We can only check what is available for sale.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Hope this make sense

That wouldn’t be correct if Rangers sold the 2k instead though (which they would have if 2k were returned).  We’d still get 25% of £3m but club would then be the whole £60k out of pocket (can maybe claim VAT back though, not sure).  Either way, still a drop in the ocean compared to what the club will make from the game overall so it’s money we’ll die by imo.

Luckies1874
14 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Hope this make sense

I’m assuming this is just an example as there won’t be near 100k in attendance for starters and the overhead costs such as use of Hampden, Policing, security, catering etc of the fixture are large. The SFA take their cut too. The figure is significantly less, be lucky if it’s half of that for each club. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’m assuming this is just an example as there won’t be near 100k in attendance for starters and the overhead costs such as use of Hampden, Policing, security, carrying etc of the fixture are large. The SFA take their cut too. The figure is significantly less, be lucky if it’s half of that for each club. 

Probably looking at 80-85k at both matches

Shooter McGavin
18 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

We'll find out if it comes to it.

No, just buy your ticket now.

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Probably looking at 80-85k at both matches

Yep seems realistic. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, RENE said:

The gate receipts from both ties are pooled together and split 25% each way between the 4 teams, presumably after costs. 

Two ways of looking at the 2k (£60k) though.  One way is to assume that these would never have been sold in which case Hearts have to pay £60k but would get 25% (or £15k) back as would the other 3 teams.   So only costs Hearts £45k.

The other, which is more realistic imo, is the normal scenario where 2k tickets would be returned to and sold by Rangers.  Still two full houses and £750k for all 4 teams but in this scenario it has cost us £60k rather than the £45k.

Dia Liom

This game has brought about a new era of dot counting and pre match madness. Fair play to the club. Is there any way we can keep this energy going for league games? 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

There are unsold blocks of seats within otherwise sold out sections. Not sure how this is difficult to grasp! Like 10-15 rows containing several hundred seats in several sections. In total as of Thursday PM we’ve sold around 18,000 so out with the blue dots currently showing there are another approximately 2-2400 seats. These are in small blocks / rows of seats.

Not at all difficult to grasp as a possible explanation - makes sense - do you know this for a fact or is it something you've assumed/inferred? (i.e.that there are no whole sections left to open?)

(*presume you mean Wednesday PM?)

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I’m assuming this is just an example as there won’t be near 100k in attendance for starters and the overhead costs such as use of Hampden, Policing, security, catering etc of the fixture are large. The SFA take their cut too. The figure is significantly less, be lucky if it’s half of that for each club. 

Yes, that further complicates it.

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The gate receipts from both ties are pooled together and split 25% each way between the 4 teams, presumably after costs. 

Two ways of looking at the 2k (£60k) though.  One way is to assume that these would never have been sold in which case Hearts have to pay £60k but would get 25% (or £15k) back as would the other 3 teams.   So only costs Hearts £45k.

The other, which is more realistic imo, is the normal scenario where 2k tickets would be returned to and sold by Rangers.  Still two full houses and £750k for all 4 teams but in this scenario it has cost us £60k rather than the £45k.

think Hearts would also save the 17.5% VAT on tickets the club has to purchase from SFA.

Edited by HopeDiouf

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

think Hearts would also save the 17.5% VAT on tickets the club has to purchase from SFA.

I think so, if VAT is included in the ticket price but I don’t know if it is.  

Hackney Hearts
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No, just buy your ticket now.

No chance. I'm going to wait till Sunday morning then stomp off in a foul-mouthed huff because I couldn't get the choice of seats I wanted.

(Not really, I've got my ticket already. And - I've just been reliably informed that there will be no other sections opening up.)

HopeDiouf
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think so, if VAT is included in the ticket price but I don’t know if it is.  

it is

Luckies1874
15 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not at all difficult to grasp as a possible explanation - makes sense - do you know this for a fact or is it something you've assumed/inferred? (i.e.that there are no whole sections left to open?)

(*presume you mean Wednesday PM?)

Yes it is a fact though no idea which sections this applies too. There are no whole sections unsold in the East Stand. 

flecktimus
28 minutes ago, RENE said:

Realised once i posted that i was talking bollocks. 

flecktimus
27 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Figures are all wrong, Realised once i posted that i was talking bollocks.

flecktimus
29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That wouldn’t be correct if Rangers sold the 2k instead though (which they would have if 2k were returned).  We’d still get 25% of £3m but club would then be the whole £60k out of pocket (can maybe claim VAT back though, not sure).  Either way, still a drop in the ocean compared to what the club will make from the game overall so it’s money we’ll die by imo.

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yes it is a fact though no idea which sections this applies too. There are no whole sections unsold in the East Stand. 

Thanks.

Nor in South?

hughesie27
31 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I keep seeing folk mention that Hearts are having to foot the bill for unsold tickets and feel I must have missed something. I thought we had to pay upfront for the extra 2k tickets, (ie the amount over and above the 19k they wanted to give us), and that was it? Since when do clubs have to pay the SFA for all their unsold tickets? 

That semi against Hibs two years ago must have cost them a fortune!

No the number we would have received was never announced. Presumably similar to what we got for the League Cup Semi though? Was that 19k?

Anyway, to guarentee 50/50 Hearts had to buy every ticket. So when buying your ticket the money goes straight to Hearts rather than the SFA. Not just a couple of 1000.

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

You're still not understanding it. We have to cover the cost of all unsold tickets. Let's say that's 2,000 at 30 quid each, so a £60k cost to us. We don't get all that money back, we only get our share of it, which after costs will be say £10k.

Worth it for the 50/50 allocation? Probably. 

I understand it. 

Why should anyone have to cover the cost of unsold tickets? 

Thats not maximising ticket sales, it's a shake down. 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Thanks.

Nor in South?

Unclear. Possibly one in South Upper which would be unlikely to open. 

Daveandal

For anyone who hasn't been following the thread as religiously as me there are rows of seats at the front and back of sections that were never released. There might even be a section in H that wasn't released either.

What is interesting is the number of available seats keeps dropping. Its not beyond reality to think some of the less desirable seats might have to be released before the weekend.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Just realised my last sentence was bollocks, bloody autocorrect and fat fingers!  I meant to say money well spent!

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Anyway, to guarentee 50/50 Hearts had to buy every ticket. So when buying your ticket the money goes straight to Hearts rather than the SFA. Not just a couple of 1000.

Not sure that has been confirmed anywhere?  The way I read it was that Hearts had guaranteed to cover the cost of any unsold tickets, I’ve not seen it reported that Hearts had to pay for 21k tickets up front, I’d be very surprised if the club had been asked to pay £600k / £700k up front.  

All ticket money ultimates goes back to the SFA though and is split equally between the 4 clubs after costs, etc deducted. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Moving well today, sections open are drifitng away (dots)

Jambo-Fox

Do Hearts have to buy the unsold Aberdeen tickets??

Asking for a friend! 

Dirty Deeds

We've sold a lot of tickets and will shift a few more, we've enabled a lot of families to attend who otherwise couldn't plus we've ensured that we won't be massively outnumbered by Rangers fans.

Even if we don't sell out, it's been a great decision by the club.

I'd have thought it would be financially prudent for the club to release the more expensive tickets now in the hope of not having to pay for them.

luckyBatistuta

5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Moving well today, sections open are drifitng away (dots)

Getting a blinding headache counting all these grey dots, off for a lie down

GinRummy
5 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

We've sold a lot of tickets and will shift a few more, we've enabled a lot of families to attend who otherwise couldn't plus we've ensured that we won't be massively outnumbered by Rangers fans.

Even if we don't sell out, it's been a great decision by the club.

The club was always right to ask for 50 percent. The fact we have to cover the expense of unsold tickets is disgraceful. 

The Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Do Hearts have to buy the unsold Aberdeen tickets??

Asking for a friend! 

Aberdeen unsold tickets have been given to Celtic.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Daveandal said:

The Hearts Standard (Joel) and Scarves around the Funnel are not officially connected to Hearts but its clear they are helped and supported by the club in various ways.

Its not surprising that they are used to help push messaging.

And rightly so imo. We have a lot of good podcasters out there giving up their time for little or nothing, it's great that the club are engaging with them.

Anyone who wants one on here , I think I have the ability to buy one or two . No huns please 

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The club was always right to ask for 50 percent. The fact we have to cover the expense of unsold tickets is disgraceful. 

SFA & SPFL have shafted HMFC each and every time they have had the opportunity. From 15 point deduction through meeting to change rules many times to punish/fine us to demoting us after a curtailed season involving gerrymandering a vote. We should list these as a badge of dishonour.

2 minutes ago, Papa said:

SFA & SPFL have shafted HMFC each and every time they have had the opportunity. From 15 point deduction through meeting to change rules many times to punish/fine us to demoting us after a curtailed season involving gerrymandering a vote. We should list these as a badge of dishonour.

After the semi and / or final then they need to be taken to task.

PapaShango

Late rush looks like its on, seems a good few have shifted today. I wonder if those being sold are ones allocated for Big Hearts. 

GBJambo

Looks like about 300 left which will be gone by this time tomorrow. 

We should see the sections that haven’t been released open up soon I reckon 

gnasher75

Surely time to put all unsold tickets up on the Ticketmaster site especially if H5 and H6 have been held back.  Only a couple of hundred dots left.  

Daveandal

Dot count update. Comes with all the usual caveats plus the BH caveate*

From 10.30 this morning to 16.15 this afternoon there are 266 less seats available to buy. If this is a genuine last minute surge independent of BH or if its the BH tickets starting to go I don't know. But its impressive either way.

Section G1 only has 120 tickets left. Its going to look full IMO come kick off. F7 has 234 left so over 2/3rd full now.

There are only 369 tickets available to buy now. As stated previously there are seats at the front and back of sections that were never released so we might see some of them appear before the weekend.

Daveandal

I should say, as I was counting there were seated faded out meaning they were in people's baskets. 

We just keep selling 😀

Just bought two for my son and his Mrs as he only had 2 points.. Contacted Hearts ticket office and points added straight away🥰