Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Daktari said:

You'll probably find that the bulk of the police presence move outside the ground at or near full time. Primarily because that's where the expected trouble would be. There might be a few left inside, but that's how it used to be done. 

But the ACTUAL trouble was taking place right in front of them and they did nothing. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, FerryJambo81 said:

By not addressing the root cause, people being able to do things without personal repercussions. I just don't agree with punishing the many for the behaviour of a few. There needs to be targeted action, not a blanket ban on all...or the vast majority.

The vast majority of hibs fans can suck my plums.

If you cut their allocation maybe they'll self police and get the picture or they won't recieve anymore tickets.  We aren't talking one or two here it's probably upwards of 100 things thrown. About 100 jump the barriers when they score.

Also if you punish one or two how to Hearts guarantee they don't get in or get tickets. Cut their allocation, get more jambos in.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Bender said:

We can partner with Hibs to have a database on who should be eligible for a ticket to Tynecastle. I doubt it would be too hard, we did this for games against the Old Firm in the mid-late 2000's iirc. A blanket ban does nothing except likely deny any Hearts fan the chance to attend the reverse fixture. That's cutting our nose off to spite our face imo.

There needs to be a better permanent solution than just banning all of them. I've never thrown a missile at a football match before and I'd hate to think I'd be being punished by some wee idiot who has.

Let’s see if hibs are serious about tackling this before we get into any partnership with them. 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But the ACTUAL trouble was taking place right in front of them and they did nothing. 

Felt concern for the safety of the stewards last night. 

Police do nothing, Stewards do nothing, SPFL does nothing, Hibs do nothing. So cut the allocation and show them who’s boss.

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, I was answering the post that said they were nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Daktari

Aussie Jambo

What’s happened to policing football? I know we have security but they never seem to do anything but stop you swearing or you’re out. Gone are the days when the cops had under cover police in the shed to  arrest people. I couldn’t believe my eyes that yet again they get away with throwing what could potentially have killed Shanks. Who luckily dived out the way. They need police in on all levels watching supporters again. Not these £5ph security guards that do shit all. 

Surely they can find people who throw things with footage from cameras?

Aussie Jambo

I’m saying that. 

My mate was a ball boy at Easter Rd in the early 80s. 

He loved the derby games and wore his tracksuit trousers and filled his pockets with the coins we threw. He easy made about £10 in 50p. 😂

weekend offender

Get the Hibs tramps ti f##k . Give them the same as the weegie tramps. Scum the lot o them💦

Edited by weekend offender

Need a giant Perspex screen to be hoisted for penalties at the Roseburn end so that their shit bounces back on them. Might leave Shanks without a snack though. 

1971fozzy
5 minutes ago, tharig said:

Need a giant Perspex screen to be hoisted for penalties at the Roseburn end so that their shit bounces back on them. Might leave Shanks without a snack though. 

water canons would do the trick as well 

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

If you think they are bad wait till those reptiles arrive on Sunday - a different breed 

Whilst I agree Celtic away are largely a shower of sh1te, I’ve never seen anything like last night before in terms of stuff getting chucked from that end. It was honestly wild. 

PaddysBar
45 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

What’s happened to policing football? I know we have security but they never seem to do anything but stop you swearing or you’re out. Gone are the days when the cops had under cover police in the shed to  arrest people. I couldn’t believe my eyes that yet again they get away with throwing what could potentially have killed Shanks. Who luckily dived out the way. They need police in on all levels watching supporters again. Not these £5ph security guards that do shit all. 

Surely they can find people who throw things with footage from cameras?

Clubs have to pay for police to be at the ground. Minimum wage ‘security’ is way cheaper.

In addition, the police are too under resourced to offer their services because some bams chuck pies at a football game. 

That’s what happened. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Clubs have to pay for police to be at the ground. Minimum wage ‘security’ is way cheaper.

In addition, the police are too under resourced to offer their services because some bams chuck pies at a football game. 

That’s what happened. 

A lot of the policing is done by cctv.

Pistol1874
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are in section P and a vape landed close to us, lucky nobody was hurt. If someone is badly hurt then the club could be open to a lawsuit, as they done absolutely nothing about away fans throwing missiles. 

Yeah, piss poor.

Last night was far beyond the odd pie or cup of juice and no comment from the clubs won’t do (noting Naismith has had his say).

invernessjt

Without a decent away support, any derby game is shite. You need the away support for atmosphere.

dannymack
7 hours ago, Gundermann said:

How do we measure that? I can mind a few years ago that someone's granny was hit with a bottle thrown by a fellow Hearts fan. Then there is the persistent minority with their Hun song book.

We, all, should have moved on from the 1980s.

What song book, songs and lyrics are you referring too ? 

The Cup Semi Final bottle incident happened outside the ground, unfortunate and cowardly as it was that incident should not be drawn onto the same table as last night's antics. 

Uncle Buck

Just seen the bottle opener/Swiss army knife photos. Get them banned. ****ing scumbags.

the posh bit

Posted this on another thread. It's a stand full of utter vermin on derby day now. Wasn't always that way but it is now. Ban the filth. 

the posh bit
12 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

Without a decent away support, any derby game is shite. You need the away support for atmosphere.

Nonsense. The atmosphere during the final 20 minutes of the 2012 Scottish Cup Final was amazing. 

dannymack
7 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

How does it do nothing? 

Policing 600 hibs fans is easier than 3800. It concentrates the problem into a smaller section and makes them easier to police. 

I'd be asking hibs about who they are selling tickets too aswell.  They sell to any of the support so all the wee dicks turn up for the derby.

Hibs sell Derby tickets as a free for all hence why they take great pride on announcing a SELL OUT within 30 mins of them going on sale... this system opens up the gateway for Hibernious Imbeciles to get a match ticket.

Jambo in Bathgate
20 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

You need away support that sing and shout but not the vitriol,  flares and other things thrown at players like last night. This is becoming a trend with Hibs support when we play them home and away. They are getting away with it too often.

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Hibs sell Derby tickets as a free for all hence why they take great pride on announcing a SELL OUT within 30 mins of them going on sale... this system opens up the gateway for Hibernious Imbeciles to get a match ticket.

Very true.

55 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That’s what happened. 

Except it wasn’t just pies as you well know.  One of the items thrown was a bladed device which could have caused serious injury or worse. 

Jambo in Bathgate
16 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Posted this on another thread. It's a stand full of utter vermin on derby day now. Wasn't always that way but it is now. Ban the filth. 

This has been going on for a fair few years now. It’s time our board took notice. Someone is going to get seriously hurt. 

Hearts_fan
34 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

I disagree. I think a Tynecastle packed with Hearts fans and only a few hibs fans would provide an excellent atmosphere.

Hearts_fan

Empty them. One upper section for away fans of ALL clubs, and full Season Tickets for a couple of thousand Hearts fans.

Install a fixed barrier as there would be no need to move it. 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, martoon said:

The Roseburn was like the chimps enclosure last night. The large ned element in there have behaved poorly for years. Last night was the worst.

Even the dotnuts are largely condemning the behaviour.

It may help also if the SPFL stopped making the derby a midweek fixture. They'd never do that for a Celtic/Rangers game. 

Noon-ish kick offs would curtail the boozing and coke snorting. The atmosphere would still exist but without the poison and mindlessness that such excessive consumption causes.

I doubt it would tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I disagree. I think a Tynecastle packed with Hearts fans and only a few hibs fans would provide an excellent atmosphere.

Or just Hearts fans. 

PaddysBar
21 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Agreed. Not sure what a stand full of coked up neds chucking pies and pyro adds to the atmosphere. 

Edited by PaddysBar

59 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

They never turned up in 2006 or 2012 and I enjoyed those days out. Atmosphere is generated by the way Hearts play and not how many idiots are in the away end

gordon simpson
8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Make the away allocation the same for every team,  fence it off to reduce the no man’s land segregation,  full season tickets for our own in the Roseburn,  more Jambos happy, case closed.

this is the way to go for sure 

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

The vast majority of hibs fans can suck my plums.

If you cut their allocation maybe they'll self police and get the picture or they won't recieve anymore tickets.  We aren't talking one or two here it's probably upwards of 100 things thrown. About 100 jump the barriers when they score.

Also if you punish one or two how to Hearts guarantee they don't get in or get tickets. Cut their allocation, get more jambos in.

totally, fth

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

That’s what happened. 

Shankland saw that corkscrew knife thing and actively dodged it.

hardly a pie.

if that had been 2 foot higher and he hadn’t seen it the outcome could of been very different. Look at the video. 
its way past the line now. One punched our goalkeeper recently , keys stuck in the net, now ballboys having a flare chucked at him.

I’d ban the lot of them.

goes back to when they invaded the pitch at Hampden in 2016. Had rangers fans reacted that would have been a full scale riot. Ever since they’ve got worse and calling those responsible animals is doing a disservice to animals.

docking  them points would be a start, or a ban on them taking fans away maybe another option, or a closed door home game or two. But the SFA / SPFL will sweep it under the carpet as per 2016

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

hardly a pie.

if that had been 2 foot higher and he hadn’t seen it the outcome could of been very different. Look at the video. 
its way past the line now. One punched our goalkeeper recently , keys stuck in the net, now ballboys having a flare chucked at him.

I’d ban the lot of them.

goes back to when they invaded the pitch at Hampden in 2016. Had rangers fans reacted that would have been a full scale riot. Ever since they’ve got worse and calling those responsible animals is doing a disservice to animals.

docking  them points would be a start, or a ban on them taking fans away maybe another option, or a closed door home game or two. But the SFA / SPFL will sweep it under the carpet as per 2016

That was a particularly bad incident last night but the reality is that all teams, including us, have assholes that through stuff at players.  Sooner it's stopped the better. 

dannymack
1 hour ago, invernessjt said:

Screenshot_2013-02-21-11-22-47.thumb.png.6945b73f0817a028af22ed3ecd058ed3.png

Screenshot_20240229_231036_Gallery.jpg.2da512f106659c482a6d0d2e98025eee.jpg

Screenshot_20240229_231213_Gallery.thumb.jpg.bb1c7f841ed5cafbc1d8ca5bf9438857.jpg

9 hours ago, Chimp said:

Reducing their allocation won't stop idiots from throwing things. There's idiots in every support and that won't make any difference. Identifying the offenders and banning them for life is the solution.

Where was the Police?

PaddysBar
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

hardly a pie.

I’d ban the lot of them.

See my post on the other thread about banning Hibs fans. I agree 100% with what you’re saying👍

Just one point, it’s not possible to dock them points. Clubs (including Hearts) voted against accepting liability for the behaviour of their support. 

1 hour ago, invernessjt said:

Absolute nonsense

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Absolute nonsense

I agree. I think when people say that, they’re thinking of the times they’ve been in the away end. 

I personally want the Hibs support to be as quiet as possible at Tynecastle, which they normally are due to our record 👍

9 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wouldn't reduce it, would ban them full stop.

That would reduce it , though?

19 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Where was the Police?

Next to the exit between the Gorgie and main stand. When the fud kicked the ball the stewards eventually caught him and handed him over to the polis at the corner flag. The polis like to watch CCTV the next day before they think about arresting some wee ned in a dawn raid with 10 colleagues dressed in riot gear.

N Lincs Jambo

If the Hibs fans knew how to behave themselves (and I mean all of them) then I would still be in favour of the current reciprocal agreement re away fans but after last night sorry but no chance.

The thing that does worry me though is that if we had no fans at Fester and they somehow managed to sell out 20K tickets, there wouldn’t be a safe place on the extremities of the pitch for any of our players.

I remember the Mercer Derby when a vermin tramp ran on to assault Robbo. Robbo caught him, spun him round and a Jambo who had run on from the Dunbar end sparked him clean out. Sometimes we need our fans there.

10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Next to the exit between the Gorgie and main stand. When the fud kicked the ball the stewards eventually caught him and handed him over to the polis at the corner flag. The polis like to watch CCTV the next day before they think about arresting some wee ned in a dawn raid with 10 colleagues dressed in riot gear.

It’ll never happen, but it would be glorious to see the police in full riot gear with shields and batons - and in sufficient numbers - simply wading into the Roseburn when these spoonburning ***** start their nonsense and breaking a few heads.

August Landmesser

I don't think we should reduce it to the minimum, but definitely reduce it to a safer level - cover the entire front section below the concourse for a start, keep them well away from our 'keeper, maybe install some of that netting they have in Spain to catch projectiles 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Although someone did get arrested it certainly changed days unfortunately from years gone by.

Yeah a couple of skinny schoolboys. Absolutely no point in them being there tbh.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Daktari said:

You'll probably find that the bulk of the police presence move outside the ground at or near full time. Primarily because that's where the expected trouble would be. There might be a few left inside, but that's how it used to be done. 

You’ll probably find im talking about before the game and during the match, but thanks for your pointless defence of these useless corrupt *****. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

Yeah, piss poor.

Last night was far beyond the odd pie or cup of juice and no comment from the clubs won’t do (noting Naismith has had his say).

We were quick enough to rightly condemn and ban our own badly behaved fans.

They could do with having a word with the Gorgie Ultras too as letting off flares and fireworks on a pointless march down from the Shandon is only alienating our neighbours, especially those with pets.