Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

My opinion changed last night. Derby at Tynecastle seems to attract the twat element of their support. And the idiots from our support are evident at Easter Road. 
And it’s only getting worse. 

Forgive me, when have our idiotic fans showered the pitch with vapes, swiss army knifes and god knows what else at ER?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

My opinion changed last night. Derby at Tynecastle seems to attract the twat element of their support. And the idiots from our support are evident at Easter Road. 

That’s where I’m at. If we do cut, we’ll sell the tickets. If they cut (obviously they’d do this cos we did), they’ll have loads of empty seats. Another reason for reducing their allocation!! 

Bull's-eye

Same allocation as everyone else for me. They can't behave, they spoil the spectacle, i seriously don't think our players should be subjected to that, it's only a matter of time before someone gets injured, it's only a matter of time before our own support retaliate. It's all setting us up to fail. Our own support are being stopped from attending a game to allow that Shite to behave like utter welts.

We can build a fit for purpose away section and look after our own imo.

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Same allocation as everyone else for me. They can't behave, they spoil the spectacle, i seriously don't think our players should be subjected to that, it's only a matter of time before someone gets injured, it's only a matter of time before our own support retaliate. It's all setting us up to fail. Our own support are being stopped from attending a game to allow that Shite to behave like utter welts.

We can build a fit for purpose away section and look after our own imo.

exactly, give them as little as possible, our players safety is paramount here" and get more of our fans in , FTH....🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻

Mikey1874

For me the whole issue is with the SPFL and probably the SFA. 

There should be fines and escalating punishments. Despite a load of people making excuses on the other thread, this is basically stopping the football being played and risking postponements. Hearts players would have been entitled to walk off the pitch.

For me that was bad enough to give a 1 match stadium ban so Hibs lose the whole income from fans. But certainly fines for smoke bombs on the pitch etc.

But the SPFL aren't interested. Probably because they are worried it would affect Rangers and Celtic.

Don't give them any tickets for the lower sections and hang a massive net from the roof of the stand.

Treat them like the animals they are.

Vermin *******s.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For me the whole issue is with the SPFL and probably the SFA. 

There should be fines and escalating punishments. Despite a load of people making excuses on the other thread, this is basically stopping the football being played and risking postponements. Hearts players would have been entitled to walk off the pitch.

For me that was bad enough to give a 1 match stadium ban so Hibs lose the whole income from fans. But certainly fines for smoke bombs on the pitch etc.

But the SPFL aren't interested. Probably because they are worried it would affect Rangers and Celtic.

I agree with most of that but I’m pretty sure the  SFA/ SPFL don’t have the powers to fine them on the basis that our clubs don’t have the balls to vote for strict liability. 

hughesie27
38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Forgive me, when have our idiotic fans showered the pitch with vapes, swiss army knifes and god knows what else at ER?

Everytime I've been to ER in recent years if seen our fans chuck a few cups etc. Not on the scale of Hibs at ER or Tynie though.

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Everytime I've been to ER in recent years if seen our fans chuck a few cups etc. Not on the scale of Hibs at ER or Tynie though.

Not denying that, but last night was overkill, and I'm seeing some folk on here saying it's just part of the atmosphere. Some of the stuff thrown last night was barbaric mate. A swiss army knife / bottle opener. You can see in the photo it's pierced into the grass. If that had connected with Shanks / whoeever else (even a Hibs player as there was plenty loitering about), it would've caused serious harm. Game would've been abandoned I reckon. 

dannymack
57 minutes ago, gjcc said:

If you were at Easter Rd in December did you watch Zander Clark make that fantastic penalty kick save from Boyle ? 

Yeah ? 

Now there's your comparison.

dannymack

Whoever is in charge of this club of ours needs to take to the platform and address last night's issue with a damming solution that punishes Hibs and their supporters,  a punishment that can be disguised as a decision to look after our own. 

I was always for Hibs having a stand, us having one at Easter Rd but now? After pelting our players with stuff, nah. Get their allocation to ****. 

1 hour ago, Daktari said:

I should have said 'they don't have the evidence to reciprocate with credibility'. I don't disagree with you that they may well bow to fan pressure, but with no other reason to do other than revenge, they would look silly and petty doing so. Ultimately, 'what they will or might do' isn't in our hands. Managing the situation inside Tynecastle is however and fear of what they might do shouldn't be used to compromise anything we do to look after our players while they're at their work.

I don't disagree with you when it comes to the club taking steps to ensure our players safety during these matches, I just don't necessarily think the result of this should be cutting them down to 576 tickets. I'd like to see Hearts explore other avenues, including selling no tickets in the lower Roseburn or even selling the tickets directly ourselves.

Last night changed my opinion in this - this sort of behaviour just cannot be tolerated.  It gets worse every home game against them. Real anal behaviour from a fair proportion of that crowd.  Enough is enough. Limit them to only one section. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Bender said:

I don't disagree with you when it comes to the club taking steps to ensure our players safety during these matches, I just don't necessarily think the result of this should be cutting them down to 576 tickets. I'd like to see Hearts explore other avenues, including selling no tickets in the lower Roseburn or even selling the tickets directly ourselves.

Not selling tickets will cost hearts money, putting up netting for 1 fixture will cost hearts money, selling tickets ourself, we have no data on fan behaviour so that would likely make it even worse. 

Less hibs fans is the only real solution. My preference is a permanent reduction but if that’s isn’t to be the case then  maybe a total ban for 1 season .  0 hibs fans for 1 year

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not selling tickets will cost hearts money, putting up netting for 1 fixture will cost hearts money, selling tickets ourself, we have no data on fan behaviour so that would likely make it even worse. 

Less hibs fans is the only real solution. My preference is a permanent reduction but if that’s isn’t to be the case then  maybe a total ban for 1 season .  0 hibs fans for 1 year

We can partner with Hibs to have a database on who should be eligible for a ticket to Tynecastle. I doubt it would be too hard, we did this for games against the Old Firm in the mid-late 2000's iirc. A blanket ban does nothing except likely deny any Hearts fan the chance to attend the reverse fixture. That's cutting our nose off to spite our face imo.

There needs to be a better permanent solution than just banning all of them. I've never thrown a missile at a football match before and I'd hate to think I'd be being punished by some wee idiot who has.

I was always against reducing their allocation but last night changed my mind. Yes it will cost the club money in extra segregation but it would be worth it

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Bender said:

We can partner with Hibs to have a database on who should be eligible for a ticket to Tynecastle. I doubt it would be too hard, we did this for games against the Old Firm in the mid-late 2000's iirc. A blanket ban does nothing except likely deny any Hearts fan the chance to attend the reverse fixture. That's cutting our nose off to spite our face imo.

There needs to be a better permanent solution than just banning all of them. I've never thrown a missile at a football match before and I'd hate to think I'd be being punished by some wee idiot who has.

Well it gives more hearts fans the opportunity to attend the match tynecastle. 

hibs already sell tickets from a database. Surely they are able to identify the wanks without our help.  I don’t see that really mitigating the problem 

I favour a permanent reduction rather than a permanent ban.  IMO if there is to be ban it should be temporary and total. 

Edited by kingantti1874

queensferryjambo
Just now, Bender said:

Does every Hibs fan who gets a ticket for Tynecastle have to be a seaon ticket holder or is it a free for all?

If it is a free for all Hibs need to tighten up and only sell to season ticket holders. Not that some of the flumps last night wouldn't be season ticket holders.

I always find the people who do the most dickish things at games tend to be people who have nothing to lose - like a season ticket.

The behaviour of some Hearts fans at finals and semi finals when there are more tickets available than we have season ticket holders is always telling.

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, Bender said:

A blanket ban does nothing except likely deny any Hearts fan the chance to attend the reverse fixture. That's cutting our nose off to spite our face imo.

It let's more Hearts fans see the derby at Tynecastle though.

The idiots should be dealt with by the authorities. This is 2024, CCTV recordings can pick out the guilty and seat no's can be identified, the seat purchaser can then say if it was then or to whom the gave their ticket. They can then be banned from attending football. They are not football supporters, they are criminals.

Reducing the away support does nothing to enhance the atmosphere, indeed it does the opposite. 

If we reduce they will do tit for tat, and we'll behaving like the ugly sisters. We are better than that.

We would also get fewer tickets for away fixture that many of us want to attend and enjoy.

Conclusion: Identify and prosecute the criminals, let the innocent enjoy the football.

Australis

Every supports has bad and scum.

The wee team are easily the worst and are just more full of scum.

It's a badge they seem so proud of.

joondalupjambo
10 minutes ago, H2 said:

The idiots should be dealt with by the authorities. This is 2024, CCTV recordings can pick out the guilty and seat no's can be identified, the seat purchaser can then say if it was then or to whom the gave their ticket. They can then be banned from attending football. They are not football supporters, they are criminals.

Reducing the away support does nothing to enhance the atmosphere, indeed it does the opposite. 

If we reduce they will do tit for tat, and we'll behaving like the ugly sisters. We are better than that.

We would also get fewer tickets for away fixture that many of us want to attend and enjoy.

Conclusion: Identify and prosecute the criminals, let the innocent enjoy the football.

Unfortunately in this day and age your conclusion is in the hands of an organisation who, with all the cost cutting that is going on cannot probably prioritise this or resource the process properly so that it happens and happens quickly.  I think this is why the Club needs to stop hoping for their support in this and start taking the lead with their own actions.  To be honest it is not rocket science because all the club needs to do is list the options, consult with a few key stakeholders, agree the actions at Board level and communicate them.  It may mean some pain for some of our support but this has to be for the greater good including the welfare of the players.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Why any Hearts fan would want to line that clubs pockets by attending ER after their antics last night is beyond me. 

Get them banned or give them a seriously reduced capacity for Tynie and if they reciprocate then more fool them.  At least we will fill our seats with supporters whereas they would have to take a financial hit.

2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

I don't know why this isn't done.

There are sadly a number of issues here.

1- How can people without tickets get in and in considerable numbers if last night is an example?

2- If we can't get the above right, then how do you identify the culprits and if having done so, how do you go about banning them?

3- I recall a similar discussion some time ago, when apparently the police have no authority to act/detain inside the ground.  The responsibility lies with stewards who have  been deemed as reluctant to "get involved" with rowdy/drunk/drugged and potentially dangerous individuals.

If I'm wrong about no 3 then no doubt someone will put me right.

22 minutes ago, Homme said:

Why any Hearts fan would want to line that clubs pockets by attending ER after their antics last night is beyond me. 

Get them banned or give them a seriously reduced capacity for Tynie and if they reciprocate then more fool them.  At least we will fill our seats with supporters whereas they would have to take a financial hit.

Completely agree 👍 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

There are sadly a number of issues here.

1- How can people without tickets get in and in considerable numbers if last night is an example?

2- If we can't get the above right, then how do you identify the culprits and if having done so, how do you go about banning them?

3- I recall a similar discussion some time ago, when apparently the police have no authority to act/detain inside the ground.  The responsibility lies with stewards who have  been deemed as reluctant to "get involved" with rowdy/drunk/drugged and potentially dangerous individuals.

If I'm wrong about no 3 then no doubt someone will put me right.

Of course the police can make an arrest inside the ground.

30 minutes ago, Homme said:

Agreed. Not sure they could make a case against such action.

And they need our supporters more than we need theirs.

davemclaren

Regardless of their behaviour last night I thought we should do it anyway, as long as demand continues. 

hmfcbilly

Give them 2 sections...Still 1500 tickets and decent atmosphere remains. Should also allow for all roseburn season ticket holders a seat for the derby

Benny Klack

Last night was the final straw with these clowns.

Everyone having a good old laugh cos Shanks ate the pie - not too much noise about the bottle opener / knife thing that was chucked.

Not only should we reduce their allocation we should ban them all for a one off game 

The White Cockade

ban the lot of thrm

absolute scum 

are we waiting until a player loses an eye or something 

if they ban us in return then put up a big screen at Tynie and we can make money out of it

It’s gone far enough they can’t behave end of

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Of course the police can make an arrest inside the ground.

They stood about doing ****all last night, useless *****. 

Pistol1874

First step is still to give them the whole stand, but close the lower section for 2 matches.

If that doesn’t work, give them the same allocation as everyone else and sell full STs to our own fans. 
Their behaviour last night was dreadful and a metal bottle opener is several steps beyond worrying about ‘atmosphere’.

Edited by Pistol1874

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They stood about doing ****all last night, useless *****. 

They're not very proactive. 😁

Pasquale for King
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

They're not very proactive. 😁

There was Hearts fans trying to fight and they were still nowhere to be seen, not funny at all when we as citizens and the club are paying these ***** through the nose to do nothing. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

First step is still to give them the whole stand, but close the lower section for 2 matches.

If that doesn’t work, give them the same allocation as everyone else and sell full STs to our own fans. 
Their behaviour last night was dreadful and a metal bottle opener is several steps beyond worrying about ‘atmosphere’.

We are in section P and a vape landed close to us, lucky nobody was hurt. If someone is badly hurt then the club could be open to a lawsuit, as they done absolutely nothing about away fans throwing missiles. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was Hearts fans trying to fight and they were still nowhere to be seen, not funny at all when we as citizens and the club are paying these ***** through the nose to do nothing. 

Although someone did get arrested it certainly changed days unfortunately from years gone by.

King of the North

Yep. They are pond life. We don't need their scummy fans anywhere near our place. 

15 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Give them 2 sections...Still 1500 tickets and decent atmosphere remains. Should also allow for all roseburn season ticket holders a seat for the derby

I remember years ago being at a game at Ibrox and after being with a variety of items from the section above and behind (including a lit cigarette) so it's fair to say I didn't spend the whole 90 minutes enjoying the game. There's a number of issues at play with this Hibs support including who the tickets are sold to, how they are managed inside and outside the ground, the doubling up at turnstiles etc. I'm a Roseburn season ticket holder, and to be honest if that arrangement is put in place without any other measures or sanctions, I'd either be in hospitality or in the house. 

I wouldn't want to be part of a large, convenient and easily hit target where I suspect the  tracking of offenders would be even more difficult. Yes, that would be my choice but why should I have to make it and watch football in those circumstances? No thanks. If you want to swap with wherever you are in the ground though, I'm open to offers. 😉

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You'll probably find that the bulk of the police presence move outside the ground at or near full time. Primarily because that's where the expected trouble would be. There might be a few left inside, but that's how it used to be done. 

Oda be a JT

Although I despise the throwing of objects - our fans were not innocent last night either - I would hate to lose the atmosphere at both grounds with a full stand of away fans.

Maybe netting would be the answer?

Voted no.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Bender said:

Unfortunately they have become feral and every game now at Tynecastle they launch flares, coins, and now knives. It’s prevalent at their own ground as well. Time to reduce their allocation. 

FerryJambo81
1 hour ago, Bender said:

Spot on mate!

kingantti1874

They only get 500 tickets.  The Celtic problem is solved. Hibs next.  

the outcome of this poll seems pretty conclusive. Hopefully the club take note 

5 hours ago, Chimp said:

Reducing their allocation won't stop idiots from throwing things. There's idiots in every support and that won't make any difference. Identifying the offenders and banning them for life is the solution.

Think that's the point m8, pen them into 1 section and it's far easier to monitor and out the halfwits