Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

The Roseburn was like the chimps enclosure last night. The large ned element in there have behaved poorly for years. Last night was the worst.

Even the dotnuts are largely condemning the behaviour.

It may help also if the SPFL stopped making the derby a midweek fixture. They'd never do that for a Celtic/Rangers game. 

Noon-ish kick offs would curtail the boozing and coke snorting. The atmosphere would still exist but without the poison and mindlessness that such excessive consumption causes.

RustyRightPeg

Sell our season tickets and shove them up the top section and put nets up. Like the animals they deserve to be treated like.

Reducing their allocation won't stop idiots from throwing things. There's idiots in every support and that won't make any difference. Identifying the offenders and banning them for life is the solution.

Keeping the derby special so they can ruin it by chucking things on the pitch, nicking footballs instead of throwing it back and the pathetic celebration of getting a draw against us.

They've brought it on themselves.

FerryJambo81

All clubs have morons and more needs to be done to stamp it out. That said, the away fans make it feel like a proper football game. Would just be a bit sterlie otherwise...in my humble opinion

leipzig76
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Reducing their allocation won't stop idiots from throwing things. There's idiots in every support and that won't make any difference. Identifying the offenders and banning them for life is the solution.

Agree Chimp.The tech in cameras available and coverage of that end should make it relatively easy to identify the seat number and purchaser of said ticket.Criminal charges not just a ban.

FerryJambo81
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agreed

No reason they can't go all in with cctv etc, not difficult to retrospectively catch and ban

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

All clubs have morons and more needs to be done to stamp it out. That said, the away fans make it feel like a proper football game. Would just be a bit sterlie otherwise...in my humble opinion

I don't think Sunday will be sterile.

You'd have thought that with seat allocation and CCTV we would be able to pinpoint the worst offenders and that Hibs would revoke their season tickets as a warning to the others to behave. Apparently not though, and the longer those in charge do the square root of feck all then the culprits will be further enabled and will become more and more audacious with the objects that they throw and who they throw them at. It will undoubtedly end in someone being seriously hurt and only then, as is often the case these days, will something be done. In the meantime, yes, reduce the allocation to help reduce the problem.

Fozzyonthefence

I voted yes to reduce their allocation but for me there should be another option for an immediate ban (personally I’d ban them completely for one or two games next season but of course there might only be one derby at Tynie next season).  After that then give them one section, same as everyone else. 

Bongo 1874

Said this at start of season, was laughed at due to a few enjoying the Easter Road and Derby experience 🫣🤔.

Quite happy for our players to be physically assaulted, it appears,so they can get that above ^.

If a player had lost an eye last night,or a serious injury had occurred, I certainly wouldn't of been surprised.

10 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Agree Chimp.The tech in cameras available and coverage of that end should make it relatively easy to identify the seat number and purchaser of said ticket.Criminal charges not just a ban.

100%

9 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

Agreed

No reason they can't go all in with cctv etc, not difficult to retrospectively catch and ban

No reason why they can't.

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well should we? would they reciprocate? Do we care? 

Yes we care, us fans that go to easter road and all the other away games. To many selfish non away fans  who could not find easter road if you dropped them off one hundred yards from the stadium. Should all the other clubs cut our allocation because we only give them one section.

A_A wehatethehibs

Their fans behaviour needs punishment. We need to be calling out the SPFL and SFA publicly about this. They get away with terrible behaviour too long now. 

Even the Celtic fans tend to draw a line at songs, on occasions where we do beat them, their fans have the sportsmanship to suck it up and go home.

But Hibs fans just resort to violent scenes every time Hearts score a goal against them. I guess it’s the psychological trauma they have, the rage they feel about the pishness of their club but it’s no excuse for the disgraceful violent reaction toward players.

They are a disgrace to football the players are out there doing their job. Respect both sets of players used to be a basic. Without both sets of players there is no football match. I do think it’s mainly just the trauma and anger of their fans at their abject failure in derbies but it’s just not a valid excuse for the scenes. 

As a minimum we should be closing the lower section. But we should be invoicing Hibs fans for the lost revenue of not selling the seats through a price increase. 

Some message needs to get sent about the unacceptable conduct of their fans. It’s up to them if they want to reciprocate but they’ll find no evidence of missiles thrown by our fans attempting to disrupt players and disrupt the game through violence. You can’t throw shit at football players it’s a basic. We’ve been there, done that ourselves as a club with the lad who hit neil Lennon in the chest with a coin. Not acceptable and we rejected it and condemned it as a club. 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You'd have thought that with seat allocation and CCTV we would be able to pinpoint the worst offenders and that Hibs would revoke their season tickets as a warning to the others to behave. Apparently not though, and the longer those in charge do the square root of feck all then the culprits will be further enabled and will become more and more audacious with the objects that they throw and who they throw them at. It will undoubtedly end in someone being seriously hurt and only then, as is often the case these days, will something be done. In the meantime, yes, reduce the allocation to help reduce the problem.

Unfortunately it‘s impossible to assume that people have been able to access the seat they’ve purchased nowadays, especially in high profile away games where large groups of fans will stick together and basically sit where they want. The parallel thread to this over on .net makes it clear that you have to sit wherever you can find a space in the Roseburn. Therefore positively identifying troublemakers from seat numbers is pot luck.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Absolutely we should be reducing them to the same level as the arse cheeks and looking after our own  I used to be against that idea but fcuk them they absolute low life thugs 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Unfortunately it‘s impossible to assume that people have been able to access the seat they’ve purchased nowadays, especially in high profile away games where large groups of fans will stick together and basically sit where they want. The parallel thread to this over on .net makes it clear that you have to sit wherever you can find a space in the Roseburn. Therefore positively identifying troublemakers from seat numbers is pot luck.

Ah, ok. Cheers. Delete "seat allocation" and add "steward and police eyes" to CCTV.

FerryJambo81
15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I don't think Sunday will be sterile.

Maybe sterile wrong word.

It's not the same without away fans, maybe just my age

Edited by FerryJambo81

jambo-in-furness

Make the away allocation the same for every team,  fence it off to reduce the no man’s land segregation,  full season tickets for our own in the Roseburn,  more Jambos happy, case closed.

Voted to have our own fans to have full season tickets for the Roseburn, why should they be without a ticket and let those animals in?

I’ve always been for giving them the full

stand but there behaviour is getting worse by the season so I’d be giving them the same allocation as everyone else gets. They’ll do the same to us but we will sell out the roseburn where they will end up with empty seats at Easter road. 

18 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

The tech in cameras available and coverage of that end should make it relatively easy to identify the seat number and purchaser of said ticket.Criminal charges not just a ban.

And  a lot of them were standing on the walkways and stairwells. (which should be managed too as a separate issue). Bottom line here is that the club has to do something. Either manage and control the crowd that's in there or admit you can't and that their behaviour is therefore such that reducing the numbers is the only option left. Yes, people might still throw things but there's less 'strength in numbers', physically less of them doing it and they'd be confined to one section meaning they wouldn't be able to target the whole touchline. But mostly, get some proactive policing and stewarding in there. Not sitting in a seat? Out you go.....

Bongo 1874
21 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Hibs had extra in at Tynecastle last night just check the doubling up in the Ultras Section,steward reckons 100,extra got in last night that didn't have tickets.

Shooter McGavin

Here's a novel idea,

Why don't the hundred or so police officers, who just stand in the corner doing **** all, actually police or have a prescence amongst the Hibs fans, rather than leave it up to a bunch of students on minimum wage to try and keep everything under control?

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, whyskey said:

Yes we care, us fans that go to easter road and all the other away games. To many selfish non away fans  who could not find easter road if you dropped them off one hundred yards from the stadium. Should all the other clubs cut our allocation because we only give them one section.

I don’t think your right or my right to visit Easter road trumps a hearts fans right to a seat in tynecastle.  

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Here's a novel idea,

Why don't the hundred or so police officers, who just stand in the corner doing **** all, actually police or have a prescence amongst the Hibs fans, rather than leave it up to a bunch of students on minimum wage to try and keep everything under control?

Also, this.

Police Scotland are utterly laughable.

I’ve always wanted a reduced allocation.

Nothing to do with last night which I don’t think was hugely out of order 

6 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

It's not the same without away fans, maybe just my age

It's not, but it's a false equivalence to use that to keep allowing them (or anyone else for that matter) to keep behaving like that, in my opinion at least. As per my last post  - reduce to manageable numbers to start with and exert control.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, whyskey said:

if they want to yes but not on account of behaviour as we are never as bad as that lot.  

dont think many clubs will

Yes. Drop to half the Roseburn next time. 

That was genuinely disgraceful, and if Shanks had missed the penalty because of it, there would have been chaos. 

Life time bans for any identified too. 

It's a shame it's come to this. There's no doubt the big allocations make the derby feel that bit more special however if they want to keep acting like animals then they can gtf.

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

This. And stop giving away fans the bottom section. Keep them as far away from the pitch as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Here's a novel idea,

It would be interesting to know what the policing strategy is for a game like last night. The club pay for policing inside the ground, so like other clubs the numbers have been reduced in  favour of stewards in the name of cost. The hundred or so police officers might be employed to police outside the ground, so have no remit on what goes on in the stand. Harsh, but a facet of the economics of how this operates now.

dannymack
29 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Possibly not but it will definitely reduce the chances of it happening as I'd be confident the allocation would be distributed amongst the more sensible lot amongst their support.

If missiles were to be thrown then one section is easily monitored instead of numerous and the chances of them being caught are greater. 

jamboman9

A Derby atmosphere should be protected so I'd suggest a retractable transparent screen preferably coated with their bitter tears so they can taste the pain when they lick it.

Shooter McGavin
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Also, this.

Police Scotland are utterly laughable.

And I get it, if police start wading in and lifting folk, it could escalate things.

But surely to **** hundreds of officers dispersed throughout the stand, or in a line down the front, would be more of a detterant than them all standing in a corner having absolutely no impact whatsoever?

Can someone who voted no, please explain why. I am genuinely interested for the sake of taking a balanced view. For me Health and Safety takes priority but I would be interested to hear the counter arguments.

43 minutes ago, martoon said:

The Roseburn was like the chimps enclosure last night. The large ned element in there have behaved poorly for years. Last night was the worst.

Even the dotnuts are largely condemning the behaviour.

It may help also if the SPFL stopped making the derby a midweek fixture. They'd never do that for a Celtic/Rangers game. 

Noon-ish kick offs would curtail the boozing and coke snorting. The atmosphere would still exist but without the poison and mindlessness that such excessive consumption causes.

Might reduce it but where there's a will there's a way.

Midloth_Iain
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs had extra in at Tynecastle last night just check the doubling up in the Ultras Section,steward reckons 100,extra got in last night that didn't have tickets.

Seemed a lot more than 100 to me. Aisles and concourse were packed.

Cut off the bottom section as a starting point.

been here before

A new thread exactly the same as the current 9 page one with the same folk saying the same things :lol:

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And I get it, if police start wading in and lifting folk, it could escalate things.

But surely to **** hundreds of officers dispersed throughout the stand, or in a line down the front, would be more of a detterant than them all standing in a corner having absolutely no impact whatsoever?

The police :lol:

They don't give a ****. Literally stand by and watch Rangers and Celtic spew their bile all over Scotland and turn a blind eye. They will grab you out the crowd if it is one person being drunk and disorderly though.

Gundermann
37 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Sadly, we have these morons too. If we cut and Hibs reciprocate then so be it. Morons ruining it for others again.

FerryJambo81
4 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

A Derby atmosphere should be protected so I'd suggest a retractable transparent screen preferably coated with their bitter tears so they can taste the pain when they lick it.

😂👏😂

kingantti1874
Just now, Gundermann said:

Sadly, we have these morons too. If we cut and Hibs reciprocate then so be it. Morons ruining it for others again.

Dont agree we have the same scale of problem.  Haven’t witnessed missile throwing of that extent or anywhere close to it 

fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

You don't think last night was hugely out of order? Where do you sit? 

It was a constant hail of missiles from pyro to bottle openers.