Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

soonbe110
14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yes and I'm aware of that. Are you trying to say if an object did actually hit Shankland and seriously hurt him they wouldn't find out who did it? Come on. Just because you're not in your seat means you can commit any crime and nobody will ever know it was you?

Maybe they would , maybe they wouldn’t.  Doubt the cctv and police cameras have everybody covered 100% of the time. 
My point was seat allocation is redundant when it comes to identifying culprits.  Cameras not so. Guy who has season ticket seat next  to me in D stands virtually every home game in G beside his mates. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Maybe they would , maybe they wouldn’t.  Doubt the cctv and police cameras have everybody covered 100% of the time. 
My point was seat allocation is redundant when it comes to identifying culprits.  Cameras not so. Guy who has season ticket seat next  to me in D stands virtually every home game in G beside his mates. 

I agree seat allocation would most likely be redundant, but that wasn't my point. I'm talking about the cameras. Technology these days is very advanced, it's not like the old grainy cameras of years ago where you couldn't make out a thing.

Philfigo

The club really do need to take action on this now. The total inept police presence or action should have the board looking at this differently. As a business they legally must provide as safe working enviorment for there customers, employees, any sub contractors within the workplace. Hearts have absolutely failed time and time again on this in recent years. Failed to provide adequate segregation or barriers as protect people within there workplace. Failed to have adequate safety checks when entering the workplace and failed in allowing the workplace to be occupied well above its maximum allowed capacity. Make no mistake there will be a serious injury occur if no action is taken and all of the above would be thrown at Hearts as failure to act as reasonably pracatible. Message to our board is grow a set and stick up for your own.

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I agree seat allocation would most likely be redundant, but that wasn't my point. I'm talking about the cameras. Technology these days is very advanced, it's not like the old grainy cameras of years ago where you couldn't make out a thing.

Agreed but I doubt they have everyone in view 100% of the time. Celtic use a lot of camera tech at Parkhead and my experience is that it’s far from perfect. Though I don’t know how many follow up arrests happen after the game. 

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

The club really do need to take action on this now. The total inept police presence or action should have the board looking at this differently. As a business they legally must provide as safe working enviorment for there customers, employees, any sub contractors within the workplace. Hearts have absolutely failed time and time again on this in recent years. Failed to provide adequate segregation or barriers as protect people within there workplace. Failed to have adequate safety checks when entering the workplace and failed in allowing the workplace to be occupied well above its maximum allowed capacity. Make no mistake there will be a serious injury occur if no action is taken and all of the above would be thrown at Hearts as failure to act as reasonably pracatible. Message to our board is grow a set and stick up for your own.

If you also look at it from the perspective of the photographers behind that goal when objects are thrown and there's a mini pitch invasion. The club have to provide a safe environment they can do their work in, they have thousands of pounds worth of equipment as well. Then there's the ball boys/girls.

Doing nothing isn't an option.

Pasquale for King

No statement from Budge or McKunlay then? Good to know they take their employees and owners safety so seriously. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If you also look at it from the perspective of the photographers behind that goal when objects are thrown and there's a mini pitch invasion. The club have to provide a safe environment they can do their work in, they have thousands of pounds worth of equipment as well. Then there's the ball boys/girls.

Doing nothing isn't an option.

Spot on. The club will be the one fined by the authorities not Hibs, some sort of action has to be taken. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Spot on 

Pistol1874
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were quick enough to rightly condemn and ban our own badly behaved fans.

They could do with having a word with the Gorgie Ultras too as letting off flares and fireworks on a pointless march down from the Shandon is only alienating our neighbours, especially those with pets. 

As the owner of a dog terrified of fireworks, I couldn’t agree with you more, though I expect to be in the minority.

Shaggy2

In our final meeting of last season against Dundee Utd they won a corner at the Gorgie Road end and a kid who couldn’t have been more than 13 gently lobbed the ball towards the United player and it hit him. The guy turned round, didn’t look too happy but wasn’t rolling about the ground and got on with taking the corner. The Hearts fans around had a laugh and the next thing, Nick Walsh is speaking to the match commander or head steward and the wee lad was ejected.

For me, Hibs must identify and ban at least a dozen fans after Wednesday. Hand them the footage, let them pick ANY dozen fans they want, chances are they’ll get two or three scummy *******s from twelve. There’s no obligation to do that, given the clubs’ stance in strict liability but if they don’t then Hearts have to act. Our ground, our rules.

Edited by Shaggy2

Disco Dave
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Ive voted no.

As much as hibs fans are mostly scum, the away ends at both grounds in the derby are what make it brilliant fun imo, without the full stand of away fans then the atmosphere loses its edge imo.

Would hate to see hearts fans lose out at ER, just because of some dickheads, what the club should do though, is get in contact with hibs. Identify who these pricks are that are throwing the projectiles etc and ban them from Tynecastle, let other fans in who are going to behave.

Same reasons for me.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

As the owner of a dog terrified of fireworks, I couldn’t agree with you more, though I expect to be in the minority.

I have two that were no doubt terrified at these GU ******s “marching” to the game on Wednesday. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

In our final meeting of last season against Dundee Utd they won a corner at the Gorgie Road end and a kid who couldn’t have been more than 13 gently lobbed the ball towards the United player and it hit him. The guy turned round, didn’t look too happy but wasn’t rolling about the ground and got on with taking the corner. The Hearts fans around had a laugh and the next thing, Nick Walsh is speaking to the match commander or head steward and the wee lad was ejected.

For me, Hibs must identify and ban at least a dozen fans after Wednesday. Hand them the footage, let them pick ANY dozen fans they want, chances are they’ll get two or three scummy *******s from twelve. There’s no obligation to do that, given the clubs’ stance in strict liability but if they don’t then Hearts have to act. Our ground, our rules.

Clancy, a LAWYER, wasn’t interested in taking any action.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How would Hibs know who they are? 

They surely have the names of the people they sell tickets to?

section s heart
40 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Can't argue with any of that Phil. Guessing they're working on something now. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

At least someone has the guts to admit it, all the others that voted that way are staying very quiet!  

The problem with this stance is that this behaviour has been going on for years but is actually getting worse and the culprits are not getting rooted out.

Time for the club to take action.  And I hope the silence just means they are keeping their powder dry and ongoing discussions on what must surely now be a police matter regarding the open blade being thrown at Shankland.   If the club say / do nothing over this I’ll be disgusted but surely something is imminent.

Still no comment from the club. Bordering on negligence of our safety and their employees. Hopefully a players spokesperson or the PFA get involved, not like them to miss an opportunity for publicity and criticise us.

Give them one section and bus them to and from Easter Rd, if you aren’t stepping off that bus you ain’t getting into the stadium, controls who and how many gain entry preventing doubling up.  

You’d like to think with a reduction of away fans in and around the stadium the police can control the situation more effectively. 

kingantti1874

I don’t think the derby being fun trumps the safety of players or fans, nor does it trump the right of hearts fans to watch games at tynecastle. 

and some of my most enjoyable games were at Easter road, have been in excess of 20 times though admittedly not for a few years so will be less painful for me than others.  

still . You’ve got to weigh it up. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Give them one section and bus them to and from Easter Rd, if you aren’t stepping off that bus you ain’t getting into the stadium, controls who and how many gain entry preventing doubling up.  

You’d like to think with a reduction of away fans in and around the stadium the police can control the situation more effectively. 

I think we will get another example of how useless the police are on Sunday when at least 576 Celtic fans are given the freedom of the city. 

What can the club say when there was objects from at hivs players from our end too when that boy with the shite hairdoo took corners?  Condemn the objects from their end and just ignore our own supporters?   A few ******s in our support have given an excuse for the club to stay quiet on this and I expect we will.

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, H2 said:

You don't need the police to do the donkey work, the clubs can do that and pass the information with evidence to the police.

Ok good but of course that then increases the process times in relation to any action.  

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, May98 said:

What can the club say when there was objects from at hivs players from our end too when that boy with the shite hairdoo took corners?  Condemn the objects from their end and just ignore our own supporters?   A few ******s in our support have given an excuse for the club to stay quiet on this and I expect we will.

was there a knife mate? Or did it delay a pen for 5 mins? Are we perfect no, should we deal with it? Yes we usually do. 

But we can say quite a lot becuase it wasn’t remotely as serious. 

15 minutes ago, May98 said:

We will not just let this go I am quite confident of that

Can we keep a bit of context though yeah ? Someone chucked a blade at one of our players 

jamboozy

Quite a few seldom seen posters coming on here telling us to get OUR house in order.🤔

:interehjrling:

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Quite a few seldom seen posters coming on here telling us to get OUR house in order.🤔

One in particular has a bit of a history of that sort of thing 

jamboozy
Just now, Sooks said:

One in particular has a bit of a history of that sort of thing 

Yes, quite.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They surely have the names of the people they sell tickets to?

Not sure they do.  Their ticketing process is very different to ours. Even some of their fans don’t understand it. 

As I said on another thread I was in the Gorgie stand and could have wandered the length of the pitch and dragged out the guy who hit Forrest with an object. White hoody, 4 rows directly behind U of Ultras banner. Must be possible to identify the culprits from cctv and tv recordings.

Role of the police puzzles me. Someone said they don’t intervene for fear of exacerbating situations. When it’s pies and empty cups I totally get that but knives and vapes being thrown is unquestionably criminal behaviour, by doing nothing they are increasing the risk to all, players, fans, ball boys, photographers and the poor guys on minimum wages who are stewards. Cops are tooled up with stab vests and truncheons but leave it to guys armed in day glo vests and woolly hats to “ police” the stadium. Its a strange role to give the police .

Edited by munro9
Spelling

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure they do.  Their ticketing process is very different to ours. Even some of their fans don’t understand it. 

reading hibs net the derby tickets are 1st come first served and no loyalty point systems.

as I’ve said above, at an absolutely minimum we should insist they only sell to ST holders with a good number of loyalty points.

if it costs them money to implement that’s their problem.

that should apply for 500 tickets or 3500 tickets.  Don’t do it and they get no tickets 

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Was thinking the same 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Was thinking the same 

yup. Our house is a palace compared to theirs as well. Quite a few suspicious posts tbh 

Still waiting on the repercussions of their Cup Final riot at Hampden. As for Wednesday night Budge and Mckinlay were strongly made aware of Hearts fans views of the knife throwers during and after the game.

Philfigo
3 hours ago, section s heart said:

Can't argue with any of that Phil. Guessing they're working on something now. 

I've always been a fan of the whole end being away support and same for us at ER and that me saying that with have my ST I the Roseburn. Issue is the Hibs support has been getting worse each time they visit. Wednesday night was shocking I don't think I've ever seen so many people in one place out there faces on drugs, absolutely must be the final straw as you say let's hope the club are working on something. As others have said one section permanent perspex screen to segregate supports and a massive high netting around the front.

Edited by Philfigo

Philfigo

For anyone interested I would say send your complaints to the club and it may force action. I have just done this! Via website

Edited by Philfigo

hmfcbilly
22 hours ago, Daktari said:

I remember years ago being at a game at Ibrox and after being with a variety of items from the section above and behind (including a lit cigarette) so it's fair to say I didn't spend the whole 90 minutes enjoying the game. There's a number of issues at play with this Hibs support including who the tickets are sold to, how they are managed inside and outside the ground, the doubling up at turnstiles etc. I'm a Roseburn season ticket holder, and to be honest if that arrangement is put in place without any other measures or sanctions, I'd either be in hospitality or in the house. 

I wouldn't want to be part of a large, convenient and easily hit target where I suspect the  tracking of offenders would be even more difficult. Yes, that would be my choice but why should I have to make it and watch football in those circumstances? No thanks. If you want to swap with wherever you are in the ground though, I'm open to offers. 😉

I sit in the roseburn too🤣🤣

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, May98 said:

**** the H1b5, is what they should be saying. And so should you.

GBJambo
4 hours ago, May98 said:

Hardly comparable is it. 

A knife was thrown at Shankland ffs . 

Jimbojack

Hibs fans are like the sun when they are far away you don't feel the heat but when they are near you get badly burned BAN THEM ALL

colinmorewasgash

Never mind stewards get own private security lol. 

demo-640x464.jpg

Birregrande
9 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

As I remember it.

At exactly the same time it all kicked off, there was some kind of police " shift change" going on. Regardless of the chaos surrounding them, they lined up and matched off,straight across a  hoard of baying mutants,some ducking as missiles flew over their heads. No doubt heading for a coffee and pie themselves. Club money well spent eh!

A shift change during a game of football? 

Boris5115
3 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Still waiting on the repercussions of their Cup Final riot at Hampden. As for Wednesday night Budge and Mckinlay were strongly made aware of Hearts fans views of the knife throwers during and after the game.

The Tache got the filth away with the Hampden invasion as it was over exuberance and nothing else in his green tinted specs. Hold your breath on any statement from messers Budge and Mckinlay. 

Daktari

Article coming  on BBC Reporting Scotland about the throwing this evening.

GBJambo
6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

The Tache got the filth away with the Hampden invasion as it was over exuberance and nothing else in his green tinted specs. Hold your breath on any statement from messers Budge and Mckinlay. 

Il sure the club will make a statement shortly on what actions they plan to take. 
Failure to do so will only make the situation worse and hibs will feel they can chuck whatever and get away with it.  

I respect everyone's opinion and recognise that we live in a democracy. I am however surprised that the number of people voting to retain the status quo now exceeds 20%. If Wednesdays events haven't convinced others of the need for change I was wondering what the trigger would be for them to change that opinion.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Tiro said:

I respect everyone's opinion and recognise that we live in a democracy. I am however surprised that the number of people voting to retain the status quo now exceeds 20%. If Wednesdays events haven't convinced others of the need for change I was wondering what the trigger would be for them to change that opinion.

There will be a few hibees amongst the no’s I’d guess 

ZanderMIM

Even if we had to close off the bottom sections and only keep them in the upper

Boris5115
40 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Il sure the club will make a statement shortly on what actions they plan to take. 
Failure to do so will only make the situation worse and hibs will feel they can chuck whatever and get away with it.  

Hibs fans have been at it for years with all incidents mentioned on here. As I say i wouldn't bank on our board taking action. 

GBJambo
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Hibs fans have been at it for years with all incidents mentioned on here. As I say i wouldn't bank on our board taking action. 

I know but with it being a knife that that was thrown I would hope they act 

Boris5115
6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I know but with it being a knife that that was thrown I would hope they act 

And to think that mob have the audacity to want to cut the uglies allocation because of flares is staggering. Even their fans don't resort to knife throwing. If only the Great Waldo's plan had come to fruition all those years ago. 

Smithian

I brought it up in another thread, but I don't understand why netting can't be placed in front of away seating. Want to stop people running on field after goals? Stop flares and trash? Make it harder to throw stuff? Netting.

Simple netting at a baseball game is strong enough to stop a 100 mph foul ball while being thing enough to not bother the spectator. Hockey teams always have netting above the glass and no issues there.

All I can think is crushing concerns. Past that, seems this solves so many issues. Not all of them, like coins and batteries, but most issues.