Hibs allocation poll.

kingantti1874

Reduce hibs allocation  

824 members have voted

1. 1. Should we reduce hibs allocation to the minimum following the atrocious behaviour last night.

• Yes. Sell full season tickets in the Roseburn
    • No.

feedthefox
10 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

No. Personally i think 1 game punishment of them only getting the upper and work from there. 

Exactly, discuss it with Hibs and explain there needs to be consequences to their behaviour. If it happens again then we continue, Hibs fans (the reasonable majority) will ultimately police it if they're losing out due to a few arseholes.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Daktari

Canscot

Hearts, as a business, surely have a duty of care to their employees ( players , staff, etc) and are expected to supply a workplace free from violence , harrassment etc. 

All of the above was on display last night. The players could maybe refuse to play under such circumstances and tell the club to get it sorted. If the club comes to the decision that should mean no tickets for Hibs, so be it!

Aussie Jambo
8 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

And soap.

😂😂

Aussie Jambo

****ing ban them. Until you can behave like adults you don’t get in. 
Sorry but the few always **** it up for everyone else. That’s how they learn to behave. They wouldn’t act like that in the street on a Sunday afternoon woul.. oh aye, sure they would, it’s the scumbees. Vermin. 🐀💉🥄🔥

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Vernon 🙄🦝

manaliveits105
5 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Exactly, discuss it with Hibs and explain there needs to be consequences to their behaviour. If it happens again then we continue, Hibs fans (the reasonable majority) will ultimately police it if they're losing out due to a few arseholes.

No more chances get them TF now 

they threw a knife on ffs as well as smoke bombs 

Aussie Jambo
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No more chances get them TF now 

they threw a knife on ffs as well as smoke bombs 

Spot on mate. Mind when some numpty hit pop corn teeth wi a 5p piece and he went down like a shot duck and the hoohah they made about it. So the Swiss Army knife fiasco would be fine surely? 

Edited by Aussie Jambo

mscjambo
16 hours ago, martoon said:

The Roseburn was like the chimps enclosure last night. The large ned element in there have behaved poorly for years. Last night was the worst.

Even the dotnuts are largely condemning the behaviour.

It may help also if the SPFL stopped making the derby a midweek fixture. They'd never do that for a Celtic/Rangers game. 

Noon-ish kick offs would curtail the boozing and coke snorting. The atmosphere would still exist but without the poison and mindlessness that such excessive consumption causes.

Their support base is full of coked up little neds. Hibs don't care they encourage it. 

Frank Sidebottom
16 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Here's a novel idea,

Why don't the hundred or so police officers, who just stand in the corner doing **** all, actually police or have a prescence amongst the Hibs fans, rather than leave it up to a bunch of students on minimum wage to try and keep everything under control?

yes, there should be a greater police presence directly in front of that end whatever allocation they get. 

When the wee dick ran on the park, it was left to a steward to try to grab him. Police standing watching no doubt. 

Let’s not also forget the missiles our players have to deal with every time we go down there too. 

Edited by Frank Sidebottom

kingantti1874

Police aren’t interested.  That’s police Scotland, another one of Scotlands fantastic public services. 

having just watched the footage again on the other thread it’s actually approaching total ban territory. With a return to a minimum allocation after a while.

if they follow suit it’s nothing more than whataboutery. Becuase the behaviour of those rodents is consistently dangerous.  

get them out 

Class of 75
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Their support base is full of coked up little neds. Hibs don't care they encourage it. 

Exactly. What more do you expect from a club with Bevvy on the front of their shirt? Horrible tin pot club. I was hoping they would end up in a relegation scrap. Vile

Edited by Class of 75

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That was a particularly bad incident last night but the reality is that all teams, including us, have assholes that through stuff at players.  Sooner it's stopped the better. 

Obviously anything thrown is bad but chucking a corkscrew seems way worse than a pie. 
A line was crossed on Wednesday night and it’s up to the clubs and authorities to do something about it before a player loses an eye. 

leginten

In retrospect, not nearly enough has been made of the particular incident with the open-blade missile. If either of the OF had suffered this, it would be all over the front pages and dominating radio and TV. If it had happened in a top tier English match, you just wouldn’t hear the end of it, and action from the football authorities would be swift.  Here, it’ll be buried and by this weekend almost forgotten.

When a blade is lodging itself in the turf near a player, it’s time for the referee to take the teams off the pitch. (Of course that presupposes some kind of action by those responsible for security during the break in play, which is another problem.) While Shankland should probably have handed the weapon to Clancy rather than throwing it behind the goal-line, Clancy was close enough to see what had happened and should have taken action.

We need to ban these *****. No-one else will do anything.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

yes, there should be a greater police presence directly in front of that end whatever allocation they get. 

When the wee dick ran on the park, it was left to a steward to try to grab him. Police standing watching no doubt. 

Let’s not also forget the missiles our players have to deal with every time we go down there too. 

As I remember it.

At exactly the same time it all kicked off, there was some kind of police " shift change" going on. Regardless of the chaos surrounding them, they lined up and matched off,straight across a  hoard of baying mutants,some ducking as missiles flew over their heads. No doubt heading for a coffee and pie themselves. Club money well spent eh!

20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Still the club is silent on this. 

The wait should be worth it, if not, Scottish football is even more ****ed!

Edited by OBE

leipzig76
17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Given they were all standing and many squeezed into the lower section I doubt the seat number would be relevant. 

True

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, leginten said:

In retrospect, not nearly enough has been made of the particular incident with the open-blade missile. If either of the OF had suffered this, it would be all over the front pages and dominating radio and TV. If it had happened in a top tier English match, you just wouldn’t hear the end of it, and action from the football authorities would be swift.  Here, it’ll be buried and by this weekend almost forgotten.

When a blade is lodging itself in the turf near a player, it’s time for the referee to take the teams off the pitch. (Of course that presupposes some kind of action by those responsible for security during the break in play, which is another problem.) While Shankland should probably have handed the weapon to Clancy rather than throwing it behind the goal-line, Clancy was close enough to see what had happened and should have taken action.

We need to ban these *****. No-one else will do anything.

I was going to say this too, although easy in hindsight. Ideally Shankland should have handed the Waiter’s Friend to Clancy and said make sure this is in your report and if this doesn’t stop I’m taking my players off the pitch.  No doubt it won’t specifically be in Clancy’s report and nothing will be said or done.  Not that it should matter, the evidence is easy to find.

The media coverage that Lennon’s jacket getting hit by a coin got was off the charts in comparison.  This was a Scotland internationalist waiting to take a penalty and having to dodge an open blade ffs.  Why is this so unimportant in comparison to the media?

15 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Unfortunately in this day and age your conclusion is in the hands of an organisation who, with all the cost cutting that is going on cannot probably prioritise this or resource the process properly so that it happens and happens quickly.  I think this is why the Club needs to stop hoping for their support in this and start taking the lead with their own actions.  To be honest it is not rocket science because all the club needs to do is list the options, consult with a few key stakeholders, agree the actions at Board level and communicate them.  It may mean some pain for some of our support but this has to be for the greater good including the welfare of the players.

You don't need the police to do the donkey work, the clubs can do that and pass the information with evidence to the police.

jamboozy
11 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I disagree. I think a Tynecastle packed with Hearts fans and only a few hibs fans would provide an excellent atmosphere.

Very much this.  Give  them the absolute minimum, let our Roseburn season ticket holders have a full season ticket, why should they be done out of Derby games? They contribute to the club as well !

39 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I expect we will hear from them today . This is not something they will expect to just blow over . The blade makes it a much worse incident than usual , and that needs addressed , but it is a shame that some of our own indulged in a far less severe share of the missile throwing . It just gives them a chance to start the whataboutery , and means any statements will need to include terms like “ both sets of fans “ or “ all supporters “ and that will inevitably mean they get it from our own fans as well as the media and other clubs , for not sticking up for ourselves on one hand , and for not “ sorting out our own issues “ before condemning others . If the one or two complete tears in our end had just not bothered then we could have just slated Hibs and not had to come out with such lines . However , throwing a blade is well beyond the line and that needs addressed as such 

the posh bit
9 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

maybe install some of that netting they have in Spain to catch projectiles 

We should absolutely not be doing that for one visiting support, they'd love it. 

Ban the rats. 

Deevers
29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I was going to say this too, although easy in hindsight. Ideally Shankland should have handed the Waiter’s Friend to Clancy and said make sure this is in your report and if this doesn’t stop I’m taking my players off the pitch.  No doubt it won’t specifically be in Clancy’s report and nothing will be said or done.  Not that it should matter, the evidence is easy to find.

The media coverage that Lennon’s jacket getting hit by a coin got was off the charts in comparison.  This was a Scotland internationalist waiting to take a penalty and having to dodge an open blade ffs.  Why is this so unimportant in comparison to the media?

This. Had this been aimed at a player from either side of the Old Firm the outrage in the media would have been huge.  I’m sick of the behaviour of Hibs supporters when they appear at our ground. Flares, pyrotechnics, bottles, vapes, lighters and now a knife aimed at our players.  This happens regularly at their ground too.  It’s now high time our Board took a stand against this behaviour and restricted their allocation to the upper part of one section in the Roseburn Stand.  Will it take a serious injury to a player, a ball boy, a Steward or a Police Officer or another spectator before something is done? 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

We should absolutely not be doing that for one visiting support, they'd love it. 

Ban the rats. 

agreed.  Spending more money because they are animals? We shouldn’t need to spend a single penny to accommodate these rate.  

if a solution is going to cost money, then it’s a reduced allocation which benefits hearts fans 

kingantti1874

I actually do now expect the club will take action.  But not until after the final derby if there is to be one

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Obviously anything thrown is bad but chucking a corkscrew seems way worse than a pie. 
A line was crossed on Wednesday night and it’s up to the clubs and authorities to do something about it before a player loses an eye. 

This.  But our club won't do **** all.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I don’t believe that for a second really. We did with rangers and Celtic.  I suspect we will have an announcement before summer

Hearts1975
3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

100%. Monty got asked about the SHANKS incident after the game ...

Quote "I don't condone it, and Steven doesn't condone it BUT there was a bit going on. Our player Marcondes was also targeted first half" 

You feckin despair when their manager doesn't even have the temerity to admit that what happened with shanks, even for them, was on a whole new level. 

Let's get it right you hobo prick      The sole reason you, and everyone else at your tinpot institution, protect these imbeciles that pertain to follow your club, is quite simply that if u did, and took them to task, you wouldn't have an away support, and the green seats would increase in swathes at your home games .... That's the hard and fast truth. 

Cut and dried. 

Edited by Hearts1975

Disco Dave
7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

You would think we would have the ability to hand over the footage to the police to identify the culprits.  We did spend £100K on a CCTV system after all.

ArcticJambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t believe that for a second really. We did with rangers and Celtic.  I suspect we will have an announcement before summer

Well, lets hope I'm wrong. There seems a reluctance, not just in football mind, to do the right thing and solve the probems with a bit of thinking, backbone and actual effort.

Edited by ArcticJambo

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Disco Dave said:

You would think we would have the ability to hand over the footage to the police to identify the culprits.  We did spend £100K on a CCTV system after all.

Yiou would think so, Double D. As has been mentioned previously the problem is that the folks involved haven't properly sorted out the management of the ticketholders and their access to the stadium, and indeed what they then do once inside. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

very strange.😕

Australis

The wee team seem to have a way above average amount of scum in their support.

Hearts have a responsobility to look after our own supporters, players and match day staff when evil and envy like this mob turns up.

Hearts should be making a statement, but the wee team who sell their fans these tickets are due us an apology too.

It's every game we play them now, that their fans act like vile lowlife scum.

Edited by Australis

indianajones

I voted to keep them in the full allocation. Root out the arseholes and ban them. 

They aren't bad people. Just some clubs have more arseholes than others. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's interesting to see what the club will do. It should be on the next board meetings agenda and after due consideration put to a vote. In theory it should follow the poll in this thread. But there's so much at stake here. If the decision to cut is made there will be no going back. It's a sad reflection of modern day society that authority is so weak and seems unintersted that a minority of idiots run unchecked and unpunished time after time. I never thought that with all seater stadiums and wall to wall surveillance this could happen. At least in the 'bad old' days the police waded in a caught the culprits there and then and they were up in front of the court next day. 

hughesie27

If there's another Derby at ER this season then I'd be concerned that the hard of thinking element in our support would try to retaliate in some way. Destroying any moral high ground Hearts currently have on the matter.

gregzy2k7

Ive voted no.

As much as hibs fans are mostly scum, the away ends at both grounds in the derby are what make it brilliant fun imo, without the full stand of away fans then the atmosphere loses its edge imo.

Would hate to see hearts fans lose out at ER, just because of some dickheads, what the club should do though, is get in contact with hibs. Identify who these pricks are that are throwing the projectiles etc and ban them from Tynecastle, let other fans in who are going to behave.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I voted to keep them in the full allocation. Root out the arseholes and ban them. 

They aren't bad people. Just some clubs have more arseholes than others. 

At least someone has the guts to admit it, all the others that voted that way are staying very quiet!  

The problem with this stance is that this behaviour has been going on for years but is actually getting worse and the culprits are not getting rooted out.

Time for the club to take action.  And I hope the silence just means they are keeping their powder dry and ongoing discussions on what must surely now be a police matter regarding the open blade being thrown at Shankland.   If the club say / do nothing over this I’ll be disgusted but surely something is imminent.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Ive voted no.

As much as hibs fans are mostly scum, the away ends at both grounds in the derby are what make it brilliant fun imo, without the full stand of away fans then the atmosphere loses its edge imo.

Would hate to see hearts fans lose out at ER, just because of some dickheads, what the club should do though, is get in contact with hibs. Identify who these pricks are that are throwing the projectiles etc and ban them from Tynecastle, let other fans in who are going to behave.

What about the Hearts fans who have Roseburn ST's who get displaced and have to try and get tickets elsewhere which only probably 10% at most achieve.  Hearts fans first.

kingantti1874

We will all have different views for different reasons.  However, at a minimum I think hearts should implement a total 1 game ban.  And regardless or how many tickets hibs get for future games, insist that they implement a loyalty point scheme .  With tickets available to season ticket holders only. A large part of the problem seems to be it’s a free for all.  

i think we can all agree on the second part at least.  The expense of implementing the loyalty point scheme and the responsibility for monitoring has to 100% fall at the feet of hibs.  

that should Apple whether they get 500 tickets or 3500 tickets .

if they do not want to do that. Then no tickets at all 

Daktari
5 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Identify who these pricks are that are throwing the projectiles etc and ban them from Tynecastle, let other fans in who are going to behave.

The problem with that is that there's still the doubling up issue to them gaining access.  The fact is that unless there's a complete ban, restricting numbers isn't the answer in and of itself. There needs to be a multi-faceted approach, unless it's a total ban.

Hearts have some responsibility here too to have conversations with Hibs, stewards, police and even our own fans. As a Roseburn ST holder, I knew what I was buying into so voting yes this isn't a back door way for me to try to get to derbies. I'm fortunate enough that for every home derby since I've had my ST I've been in a ticket exchange seat, or mostly hospitality. 

However if we restrict numbers, unless there's other measures in place as I've said in another post, I don't much fancy being the latest target of opportunity for the brain dead. I'd likely still be in hospitality or sadly even at home until there was a more secure environment for me to be looking at the game and not to my left for incoming missiles. 

I voted no but in the hope that we start to do something about all the nonsense and get rid of the idiots. If that's not possible then cut them down to one section. 

Deevers
10 minutes ago, Daktari said:

The problem with that is that there's still the doubling up issue to them gaining access.  The fact is that unless there's a complete ban, restricting numbers isn't the answer in and of itself. There needs to be a multi-faceted approach, unless it's a total ban.

Hearts have some responsibility here too to have conversations with Hibs, stewards, police and even our own fans. As a Roseburn ST holder, I knew what I was buying into so voting yes this isn't a back door way for me to try to get to derbies. I'm fortunate enough that for every home derby since I've had my ST I've been in a ticket exchange seat, or mostly hospitality. 

However if we restrict numbers, unless there's other measures in place as I've said in another post, I don't much fancy being the latest target of opportunity for the brain dead. I'd likely still be in hospitality or sadly even at home until there was a more secure environment for me to be looking at the game and not to my left for incoming missiles. 

Restricting the numbers would allow for the policing of the single section to be done thoroughly - even for Police Scotland.  It would allow proper scrutiny at the turnstiles and stop the doubling up. It should allow proper searches to be done to eliminate pyrotechnics and flares. It should also allow miscreants to be identified easily and dealt with there and then. Just now it’s hit and a miss as to who if anybody is dealt with for throwing missiles depending on what’s picked up on CCTV.  The club should  be looking after the best interests of our support first and foremost.

Jambo in Bathgate
10 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Hibs are the problem. Look at the age profile! I was on a bus in Edinburgh on Wednesday night about 2 hours before KO and all the Hibs fans I saw were of secondary school age there were no adults. They sell their allocation on first come basis. No screening what so ever. Other posters have remarked on this also. 

Daktari
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Restricting the numbers would allow for the policing of the single section to be done thoroughly - even for Police Scotland.  It would allow proper scrutiny at the turnstiles and stop the doubling up. It should allow proper searches to be done to eliminate pyrotechnics and flares. It should also allow miscreants to be identified easily and dealt with there and then. Just now it’s hit and a miss as to who if anybody is dealt with for throwing missiles depending on what’s picked up on CCTV.  The club should  be looking after the best interests of our support first and foremost.

I think we're basically saying the same thing here mate. There are quite a few 'shoulds' and 'woulds' in there though. If they can be made into 'have' and 'will' I'd be a lot happier. As it stands I don't have enough faith in the policing and stewarding strategy to be confident in that. The only one that's different is 'the club should be looking after the best interests of our support first and foremost'.  I would hope that's a given. 

soonbe110
21 hours ago, Chimp said:

100%

No reason why they can't.

If you have ever been to Hearts away game, especially  last two seasons, you  would know that a significant proportion of the support don’t sit or stand in the seat they have been allocated. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If you have ever been to Hearts away game, especially  last two seasons, you  would know that a significant proportion of the support don’t sit or stand in the seat they have been allocated. 

Yes and I'm aware of that. Are you trying to say if an object did actually hit Shankland and seriously hurt him they wouldn't find out who did it? Come on. Just because you're not in your seat means you can commit any crime and nobody will ever know it was you?

soonbe110
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually do now expect the club will take action.  But not until after the final derby if there is to be one

Don’t think they can wait. They know fans are waiting on a response. Probably just be a ‘we are talking to Hibs’ statement but they can’t just ignore what happened. 

soonbe110
54 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If there's another Derby at ER this season then I'd be concerned that the hard of thinking element in our support would try to retaliate in some way. Destroying any moral high ground Hearts currently have on the matter.

👍inevitable unless we take strong action now. 

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Ive voted no.

How would Hibs know who they are? 

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

At least someone has the guts to admit it, all the others that voted that way are staying very quiet!  

The problem with this stance is that this behaviour has been going on for years but is actually getting worse and the culprits are not getting rooted out.

Time for the club to take action.  And I hope the silence just means they are keeping their powder dry and ongoing discussions on what must surely now be a police matter regarding the open blade being thrown at Shankland.   If the club say / do nothing over this I’ll be disgusted but surely something is imminent.

If nothing is done and next time the weapon sticks in someone’s head rather the pitch what then? We would be guilty of allowing it to happen.