Emiliano Marcondes

Batistuta87

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tziolis is a great example.  The reality is he was absolutely top drawer.

then he listened to cathro spraffing absolute nonsense and along with the rest of that team chucked it. 

Pretty much what happened I'd say. Brilliant for 4-5 games then he saw the league was easy for him. He was really only here to stay fit for playing for his National team (Greece) and avoided getting hurt/busting a gut till the end of the season. He even moved to centre back for Greece after he left us (I heard a rumour Tziolis suggested this to Cathro who tried it in training 😁). Avlonitis must have been a "job lot" from the same agent (and just not very good).

Marcondes does give off similar vibes - without the International caps/ability - but as he's on EPL wages I'm sure he'll be looking for lower EPL teams/top end Championship teams to show interest in the Summer.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• RustyRightPeg

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Would we take Marcondes? 

Be hilarious.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be hilarious.

Especially if he then started pumping goals past them in the 3 league derbies every season.  When I say 3 league derbies every season, I'm obviously making a huge assumption.

That they won't be relegated.

5 hours ago, JTJ said:

Pretty much what happened I'd say. Brilliant for 4-5 games then he saw the league was easy for him. He was really only here to stay fit for playing for his National team (Greece) and avoided getting hurt/busting a gut till the end of the season. He even moved to centre back for Greece after he left us (I heard a rumour Tziolis suggested this to Cathro who tried it in training 😁). Avlonitis must have been a "job lot" from the same agent (and just not very good).

Marcondes does give off similar vibes - without the International caps/ability - but as he's on EPL wages I'm sure he'll be looking for lower EPL teams/top end Championship teams to show interest in the Summer.

Marcondes strikes me as a nothing player in a good league. Like, he will go away and play in a big 5 league but be utterly forgettable. 

Mikey1874
21 minutes ago, OTT said:

Marcondes strikes me as a nothing player in a good league. Like, he will go away and play in a big 5 league but be utterly forgettable. 

Nice touches, knows how to find space. Not sure he has the heart which is confirmed by his career.

22games nro

I think the only one who’s looked decent is Malioda, but by all accounts he posted his penalty from Saturday online and got dogs abuse he’s since seemingly deleted all the hibs content he had , and at the poty last night youan was speaking and sarcastically he thanked them for not booing him , things not looking good in leith 

12 hours ago, 22games nro said:

I think the only one who’s looked decent is Malioda, but by all accounts he posted his penalty from Saturday online and got dogs abuse he’s since seemingly deleted all the hibs content he had , and at the poty last night youan was speaking and sarcastically he thanked them for not booing him , things not looking good in leith 

Its hilarious that the Hibs players nose is out of joint by the fans being annoyed at them being shite. Fact is, Hibs fans have a right at the bare minimum to expect top 6. Just like us and Aberdeen, failing to do that is embarrassing given the extra resources we have compared to clubs like Dundee or Killie! :lol: 

NaturalOrder74

We not secured enough business from bottom 6 teams already 

jamboinglasgow
On 14/04/2024 at 11:36, Diadora Van Basten said:

Reminds me a bit of when we signed Tziolis and Avlonitis. After a couple of games I thought they were going to be the best players ever to play for Hearts but it turns out that I had to Google their names as they were so forgettable.

I think players like Tziolis need players on their wavelength alongside them. Same with Marcondes. You can have great ability, move into ideal positions, put the ball into the perfect place for a team mate to run onto but if your team mates make the wrong choice when you are in the perfect position, dont make the right choice when you put the ball into the ideal position and just expect you to do something without giving any assistance then you are going to look hopeless.

Diadora Van Basten
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think players like Tziolis need players on their wavelength alongside them. Same with Marcondes. You can have great ability, move into ideal positions, put the ball into the perfect place for a team mate to run onto but if your team mates make the wrong choice when you are in the perfect position, dont make the right choice when you put the ball into the ideal position and just expect you to do something without giving any assistance then you are going to look hopeless.

I know what you mean.

TexasAndy

Always thought the OP went overboard about Marcondes.  What I have seen is a player with one or two nice touches and a couple of goals.  A messiah would have hauled his team to top 6 at least.

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
On 15/04/2024 at 11:50, kingantti1874 said:

Would we take Marcondes? 

Dhanda is better so not right now - but if we hadn't signed him then probably, aye.

There's a player in there, who I think would thrive in a winning team. There's absolutely no doubting his technique and his underlying ability. 

On 15/04/2024 at 13:04, Chimp said:

To think Tziolis had 75 caps for Greece and the ever so talented Marcondes hasn't even had a single cap for Denmark he's that good. 

Greece are pish and Denmark are class though 🤣

Matt O'Riley (although he's been capped somehow) doesn't even make their top 10 in the middle of the park. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I would have done if he hadn't played for Hibs lol.

There's a player in there, who I think would thrive in a winning team. There's absolutely no doubting his technique and his underlying ability. 

Greece are pish and Denmark are class though 🤣

Matt O'Riley (although he's been capped somehow) doesn't even make their top 10 in the middle of the park. 

Maybe right now yeah. This is over the course of their careers though and Tziolis played in some very good Greek national sides.

I think with your OP saying "told yous he was a player" and telling us all how good he is you maybe jumped the gun a little bit and got carried away. Many players are technically good but that's no use without the correct attitude. 

The fact that many Hibs fans don't even want him back in the summer kind of makes starting this thread to gush over him look a little silly 🤷‍♂️ 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

agreed. Doesn’t really work when n one a totally different wave length

Leveins Battalion

I've watched him since the Derby as i though he looked a good player,however i have changed my mind he is absolute pony.

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Maybe right now yeah. This is over the course of their careers though and Tziolis played in some very good Greek national sides.

I think with your OP saying "told yous he was a player" and telling us all how good he is you maybe jumped the gun a little bit and got carried away. Many players are technically good but that's no use without the correct attitude. 

The fact that many Hibs fans don't even want him back in the summer kind of makes starting this thread to gush over him look a little silly 🤷‍♂️ 

Wasn't gushing over him in any way - I hate all Hibs players and he's no different - but I can admit when they've signed someone decent and it more a "told you so" to those who slated me when I said he was decent, saying he was pish, that Brentford couldn't wait to get rid of him (not true) etc etc and thought they knew better. He had a very good game against us and everything went through him the next few games too. He's not been great in his last few games but still shown some ability, and I still think he's a good player for this level. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Mikey1874

12 games, 10 starts, 944 minutes played

2 goals, 2 assists

3 wins, 5 draws, 5 defeats 

gorgie rd eh11

He’s overrated s***e like just about everyone who doesn’t fall over there own feet in the first couple of games for them.

upgotheheads
8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Who?

I wondered who the OP was talking about and assumed he was playing for a big European club because I had never heard of him and wasn't interested. I've only just googled the name and was surprised to find he's a Hibby.

How did this thread get to 8 pages?

On 16/04/2024 at 14:56, Leveins Battalion said:

I've watched him since the Derby as i though he looked a good player,however i have changed my mind he is absolute pony.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's done the big game player thing, where he just turns up when the TV cameras are there. 

He looked good against us, he looked good against Rangers. Outside of that? Uninterested :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, OTT said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's done the big game player thing, where he just turns up when the TV cameras are there. 

He looked good against us, he looked good against Rangers. Outside of that? Uninterested :lol: 

Not got a game this weekend the lad, let alone a big one

Armageddon
On 14/04/2024 at 11:36, Diadora Van Basten said:

Reminds me a bit of when we signed Tziolis and Avlonitis. After a couple of games I thought they were going to be the best players ever to play for Hearts but it turns out that I had to Google their names as they were so forgettable.

Tziolis played the greatest half of football ever seen in a Hearts jersey on his debut v Rangers...... then WTF happened??!!  The turn around was unreal.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Tziolis played the greatest half of football ever seen in a Hearts jersey on his debut v Rangers...... then WTF happened??!!  The turn around was unreal.

Cathro happened.

ShortmanRossco
36 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I think he gave himself a problem after that game. Obviously a very talented player but I’m not sure if he thought he was better than he was after it. Think thereafter he wanted that extra second on the ball that you just don’t get afforded in the Scottish game.

Spellczech
2 hours ago, ShortmanRossco said:

I think he gave himself a problem after that game. Obviously a very talented player but I’m not sure if he thought he was better than he was after it. Think thereafter he wanted that extra second on the ball that you just don’t get afforded in the Scottish game.

A good player would've realised that. His problem was that he was scared of getting injured and just stopped trying. 

milky_26
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

around 2 weeks after he signed for us i was playing 5s with a greek guy and he said he was shocked that we managed to sign him and that he would be a great player for us

Bungalow Bill
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cathro happened.

That was my take on Tziolis. I think under any other manager he would have been decent. 

db211833
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

No, he really didn’t.  There is exaggeration and then there is this post. Honestly,  did you watch Skacel, Hartley etc at Hampden. He had a good game but best half a Hearts player has ever played, not even close.

King prawn
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

around 2 weeks after he signed for us i was playing 5s with a greek guy and he said he was shocked that we managed to sign him and that he would be a great player for us

Funny that - a Greek friend of mine asked who I supported and I said Hearts , that we’d had some Greeks over the years one of them being Tziolis and he thought he was crap :lol: big Olympiacos fan though so the guy could’ve been Messi and still would’ve been labelled as rubbish I reckon. 

• 2 weeks later...