• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• RustyRightPeg

• Chimp

• vegas-voss

heatonjambo
3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Nobody on the pitch last night ran the show. It was a shite scrappy game that would have been a robbery had either team won it. 

HisT

south morocco
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

He probably won't be there next season, but he is a cut above who they normally sign, that's for sure. 

I think he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Would imagine he’s be looking to play at a higher level than the SPL

Ill borrow  the usual response from Hibs fans after every single derby defeat no matter the score

both teams were crap, Hibs are shit, Hibs are cheats, Hibs are dirty *******s, ref was a cheat, it’s obvious we have better players, oh aye Hibs are cheats 

c Hibernian fc

PaddysBar
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hot favourites to finish a minimum of third.  :rofl:

Joe Newell.  :rofl:

Have a look at his posting history😂

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Told yous he was a player. Ran the show last night and caused us loads of problems. Thought, grudgingly, that his technique, vision and positioning was excellent. 

Gutting as it is I don't mind admitting when they've signed a good player. Not that it happens often, but they definitely have done here.

The only visiting player in recent times I’ve seen running the show at Tynie was Sofyan Amrabat. 

Now that was a player.

1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Nieuwenhoff had a better game last night. 

CN was excellent.

Салатные палочки

He's not exactly Gazza, Larsson or Moravcik and I can guess they wouldn't have had a thread on them. Get this so far to **** man. 

Bongo 1874
10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Told yous he was a player. Ran the show last night and caused us loads of problems. Thought, grudgingly, that his technique, vision and positioning was excellent. 

Gutting as it is I don't mind admitting when they've signed a good player. Not that it happens often, but they definitely have done here.

Took some stick for this mate 😂,but you are spot on.

4 hours ago, LogicalEric said:

Add Lewis Miller into that category. Sneaky as anything.

A lump of wood in all reality. A big lumbering ignoramus. He did cause Cochrane a very uncomfortable evening. You'd hope by now Cochrane might be emerging from these games in better shape. 

feedthefox

You did notice his corners though, feck me he swung them in with pace and accuracy and each time it was a bit of a bombscare for us. 

Pasquale for King

Ran the show? Really? He scored a good goal but not sure what else he done, decent corners?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Carter said:

A lump of wood in all reality. A big lumbering ignoramus. He did cause Cochrane a very uncomfortable evening. You'd hope by now Cochrane might be emerging from these games in better shape. 

Everyone causes Cochrane problems really. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Everyone causes Cochrane problems really. 

We need to cash our chips this summer. Just not progressing. 

Hearts1975
7 hours ago, south morocco said:

I think he’s out of contract at the end of the season. Would imagine he’s be looking to play at a higher level than the SPL

He will be away from there at the end of the season mate. 

He has probably already been on the phone to Bournemouth, multiple times, asking to get back into their development side after playing for that shite. 

Hearts1975
9 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Nobody is denying he's a good player. That's different from saying "sometimes you just need to sit back and admire a good player" or words similar to that. 

He was probably more surprised that they managed to sign a decent player, as opposed to anything else 🤣

Anyway, *uck them, vermin *unts.

The fact that they are celebrating and we are still moaning about the result sums them up to a tee. 

9 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

Hopefully we could maybe get loan players of that calibre before hibs leave us in the rear view mirror 

Surely he will be moving up the ladder to Auckland City next Season 

14 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got MOTM from a few reporters, most of what they did went through him at some point, he scored and would have had a second if it weren't for an excellent save from Zander. I'd say we've had fewer than 10 corners hit into us this season that have made us flap - and he hit four of them last night. 

So I'd say gross exaggeration is a bit of an exaggeration. 

LOL, I confess to adding the gross for effect!

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Took some stick for this mate 😂,but you are spot on.

🤣

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, H2 said:

LOL, I confess to adding the gross for effect!

🤣✌️

tiger Rudi
14 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He probably won't be there next season, but he is a cut above who they normally sign, that's for sure. 

I grudgingly rate Obita. Not enough to start a thread on him tho 😉😁

10 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

You should, why not? I think any time we rate a Hibs player we should start a thread especially for them to cream our pants about how good they are, and maybe even exaggerate a little bit too just for good measure. Definitely isn't something that you'd think would only be on Hibs.net 😉 Should be the new thing we do on here

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Aye but Obita isn't any better than our left back, and isn't one of the best players Hibs have had in a while. So no thread for him 🤣

Marcondes is better than our attacking mid (Grant) and IS one of the best players Hibs have had in a while. So he got one.

HOWEVER. 

Dhanda is better still and he controlled his game against us more than EM did, and probably had one of the best performances of any non-OF player at Tynecastle this season. So ultimately we still win. FTH etc. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Gundermann
13 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

And we have their number now, last night they were still a bit of an unknown quantity , next time we play them we will have a better idea of the Bournmooth experiment and the standard of loan players lining up for them.

they kind of had the element of surprise last night but still Hibsed it 😆

Spot on, hopefully. 

Ibrahim Tall

He’s a good player, but he’s not a ‘Hibs’ player. He’s been stuck there to get a few games and he’ll be gone in the summer somewhere better it’s not like they’ve actually signed him. 🤷‍♂️

Hannibal
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye but Obita isn't any better than our left back, and isn't one of the best players Hibs have had in a while. So no thread for him 🤣

Marcondes is better than our attacking mid (Grant) and IS one of the best players Hibs have had in a while. So he got one.

HOWEVER. 

Dhanda is better still and he controlled his game against us more than EM did, and probably had one of the best performances of any non-OF player at Tynecastle this season. So ultimately we still win. FTH etc. 

I think the fact he has replaced Lewis Stevenson who somehow remained in the team for so long has got them all excited, a left back doing the basics well.

Mind you a traffic cone would probably have had a similar impact. 

tiger Rudi
37 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

HOWEVER. 

Tbh nobody stood out for Hibs but thats just me. I'm watching Hearts players and moaning like feck when it's not going well. Even Dhanda's performance went over my head during the game against RC, apart from his free kick of course. It wasn't until I watched the game back that I could see just how well he had played.

What I will say is Marcondes deliveries caused us bother all night. At the time I wouldn't have been able to tell you if it's the same player taking the corners or not, or that he had even scored....... I'm watching our own defenders...or averting my eyes till the dangers cleared 😁

gregzy2k7

He's hardly Rudi or Hartley level, might be a decent player but probably nowhere near as good as some are making out.

Anyway I doubt he will be at Hibs next season if he is any good.

ScottieMac17

I see him as there new Scott Allan tbh. Decent player but will be bigged up by them and the media as the next messiah. 

Jim Panzee

thought his corners were dangerous.

I say that. They were pacey and cleared the first man and regularly hit the area between 6 yard line and penalty spot.

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Tbh nobody stood out for Hibs but thats just me. I'm watching Hearts players and moaning like feck when it's not going well. Even Dhanda's performance went over my head during the game against RC, apart from his free kick of course. It wasn't until I watched the game back that I could see just how well he had played.

What I will say is Marcondes deliveries caused us bother all night. At the time I wouldn't have been able to tell you if it's the same player taking the corners or not, or that he had even scored....... I'm watching our own defenders...or averting my eyes till the dangers cleared 😁

Good stuff mate. Its just something I do. I do it in my coaching gig as well and single out opposition players who are worth the watching and warn my guys about the amount of time they give them and stuff like that. I've watched us that many times that I sort of just trust us to get on with the job.

I'd noticed Dhanda had had a good game against us at the time but it wasn't until I watched his individual highlights that I realised just how good he actually was. Marcondes didn't do as well as that, but I was pretty relieved when he went off, put it that way. 

Debut 4

Players get up for derbies. Some go onto have a memorable or decent game people talk about for a few days, some have a mare or see the game pass them

by.  

Its someone else’s turn in the next game. 

The proof is consistency. We’ve proven that until now, Hibs haven’t.  

Granted, some of their new players just arrived in January but let’s see if they can match their mouths with results after their lavishing over a winning draw at Tynecastle. 

Ex member of the SaS
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ran the show? Really? He scored a good goal but not sure what else he done, decent corners?

Scored a good goal PfK? If the clearance after the save was anywhere else he would not have scored. Plus it's a shame it never hit the player on the line ( can't remember who it was right now ). For me it was nothing short of a tap in ( with power ) They had many chances but so did we, if Vargas had looked up and passed, shame Shank's chip was just too strong..... Pretty even scrappy game that is best forgotten imho.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

thought his corners were dangerous.

I say that. They were pacey and cleared the first man and regularly hit the area between 6 yard line and penalty spot.

As all good corners should do. been saying for a long time what do we practice? Penalties should be top corner and corners( free kicks )should drop in or around the penalty spot ready to be attacked.

Batistuta87
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Scored a good goal PfK? If the clearance after the save was anywhere else he would not have scored. Plus it's a shame it never hit the player on the line ( can't remember who it was right now ). For me it was nothing short of a tap in ( with power ) They had many chances but so did we, if Vargas had looked up and passed, shame Shank's chip was just too strong..... Pretty even scrappy game that is best forgotten imho.

It was a decent finish to be fair and I've got to say: as it was coming out to him I thought he was going to sky it. Can't help but think the likes of Vargas or Forrest would have tried to leather it and that it would have ended up in hospitality rather than show a bit of composue and side-foot it in like he did. 

Also looking at Devlin for this one... If he's got time to steady himself, get himself low and get his hands behind his back to attempt to block it then surely he's got time to chase it out and to make a challenge so its much harder for him to get a shot away - maybe even deny him all together? 

image.png.7f3b275f33521d9ea000788274f68930.png

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As all good corners should do. been saying for a long time what do we practice? Penalties should be top corner and corners( free kicks )should drop in or around the penalty spot ready to be attacked.

I miss McKay's delivery. Another thing Dhanda brings to the table when he arrives though.

Cochrane's corners have been alright lately but they were shit on Wednesday. 

Jim Panzee
23 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

you would hope so.

but I also see multi million pound English premier league footballers fail to do this.

suggests all players are striving to hit the perfect set piece and it's fine lines between perfection and poor delivery.

I'm really annoyed at his goal still. Atkinson should know just sticking out a leg isn't enough, Clear the ****ing ball. 

Seems like a few times we've conceded silly goals because of dicking about and trying to retain posession in dangerous areas. Maybe I'm being unfair, but I think he could have done a lot better there. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'm really annoyed at his goal still. Atkinson should know just sticking out a leg isn't enough, Clear the ****ing ball. 

Seems like a few times we've conceded silly goals because of dicking about and trying to retain posession in dangerous areas. Maybe I'm being unfair, but I think he could have done a lot better there. 

Aye. Cammy should have put more pressure on him as well, as above. 

Boyces beard
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye. Cammy should have put more pressure on him as well, as above. 

Mate Cammy has just arrived in his position at pace with his back to goal, Natty clears it and it passes Cammy as he is facing his own goal, he quickly turns and puts his hand behind his back and by the time he is facing the ball the Hibs player already has his standing foot planted and is in the process of getting his shot away. He is also 12 yards from the ball at the time the shot is hit. Devlin could not have got one blade of grass closer to the Hibs player and just tried to make himself as big as possible to block the shot which is all anyone could do in that situation. The still image paints a totally different picture to what actually happened bud.

Batistuta87
Just now, Boyces beard said:

Mate Cammy has just arrived in his position at pace with his back to goal, Natty clears it and it passes Cammy as he is facing his own goal, he quickly turns and puts his hand behind his back and by the time he is facing the ball the Hibs player already has his standing foot planted and is in the process of getting his shot away. He is also 12 yards from the ball at the time the shot is hit. Devlin could not have got one blade of grass closer to the Hibs player and just tried to make himself as big as possible to block the shot which is all anyone could do in that situation. The still image paints a totally different picture to what actually happened bud.

6 yards... Marcondes strikes from the penalty spot, Devlin is on the 6 yard line. 

Maybe this explains it better. He's taken this step and then shuffled his feet to position himself for the block. Its a split-second decision and I'm not saying he gets the ball but in taking that step forward rather than steadying himself for the block, he makes it much harder on the attacker and makes his target smaller. 

image.png.f1a95bd8d5d7cba9e76a5aa71d4db047.png

soonbe110
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

If only Atkinson had used the obvious left foot clearance option he would not have scored. Instead he chose the right foot and presented them with a goal opportunity. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Carter said:

We need to cash our chips this summer. Just not progressing. 

Definitely, same with Clark/Atkinson/Rowles/Grant. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If only Atkinson had used the obvious left foot clearance option he would not have scored. Instead he chose the right foot and presented them with a goal opportunity. 

I thought that yesterday when I watched it again 👍🏽