WTF was all that about?????

Go for it 1308

Chillidigits

After a great run of results Hearts were definitely spooked by the Ibrox game because when you're blown away after riding high you're affected more than you expect to be. Psychologically some key players were not ready for this match and they probably didn't realise it till they were on the park. We played badly but still didn't lose,that at least says a lot for our fighting spirit. We have to get our shit together for Sunday. I don't expect us to win but we must guard against another drubbing which,like yesterday,could affect our confidence in the following match.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

30 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Our reliance on our captain is obvious if he doesnt produce some magic.

Yup and with Vargas being so poor last night I am worried tbh.  

17 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I hope last night finally convinces everyone that we are not, and haven’t been all season, a good side. For weeks now I have been saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we set up. We will probably finish third and reach a semi-final but, and it’s a big BUT, only on a few occasions have we played like the third best team in Scotland. Right now I don’t see any style or patterns of play that define us as a team. What defines us  just now is mediocrity! Our lack of pace throughout the team, Forrest and Vargas (who is murder)  aside, is frightening. Box to box player, we don’t even have a centre circle to box player! I see ‘bad’ things happening all over the pitch that can only be attributed to the manager/coaches e.g. at  Ibrox, Alex Cochrane ran 70 yards to take a free-kick on the halfway line on the opposite side of the pitch, so either we don’t have another player in the team who can’t knock a ball forward 60 yards or he has been allocated this task by the manager/coaches. Last night on 4/5 occasions, Hibs were able to take ‘short’ corners which enabled Boyle to either run at us or deliver a much more dangerous delivery/attempt on goal. The manager/coaches had clearly instructed Forrest not to split the two Hibs players but to stand off at a distance thus allowing them this opportunity. In the middle of our winning run, I said to a Hibs supporting friend, “don’t believe the hype, we aren’t that good”. I really worry about our lack of style or identity in terms of our play and I think that is down to the manager/coaches and to some extent Joe Savage given we have 5/6 midfielders and not one of them has any pace. Because I don’t have 75k posts, I anticipate an ‘out of the woodworm’ backlash!

Well said sir.  And you could add, our inability to start games on front foot and not to "wake up" until the second half. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Naismith is yet to get anywhere near Neilson’s last two derby performances. Or even the semi-final the season before.

He had his faults, but let’s not kid on he didn’t have Hibs in his pocket second time around.

A poor Hibs, that we barely beat in the semi and he recorded his only career win at ER, SN has an awful record in derbies so far for a Hearts manager. 

If Shankland were to get any kind of injury then I would be seriously worried about finishing in 3rd place even being 12 points clear and at this late stage in the season.

We are so lacking in attacking options.

I thought Vargas had turned a corner but some of his attempts on goal last night was schoolboy stuff. 

Edited by Lambo85

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Do we have any good news on the injury front re: Boyce, Mckay and Halkett?

Unfortunately they'll come back, and we'll be asking the same question in 6 months time after another injury each. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Totally agree with this ok we have played alright last few games then we went to ibroke and got our arses handed to us on a plate, the frailties of the defence which have been there for all to see all season was our downfall, the pitiful starts are now part of our DNA wtf is going on with our coaching it’s like we play with a mindset that the forwards will pull us out the shit and nothing is learned . As has been said blowing smoke up our arses is not solving this problem as was highlighted last week, if Naismith cannot solve this problem of piss poor defending then we need to get someone in who can, and before you all start saying but we are in 3rd place yes we are but we seen the same last season where we capitulated 3 rd . 
We are in 3 rd place because everyone below us are dog shit , We have to get this defence sorted because we have players in there who are not defenders Atkinson murder , Rowells , murder , Kent is babysitting that back line just because they are International players in a shit Aussie team does not make them hard enough for the rigours of the SPL and this needs to be addressed we have had shit defending since Robbie was here and it’s still not been sorted . 

Agreed, Kent is carrying the defence, alongside Kingsley but both were poor at the goal last night. Add in an average GK to the mix and Cochranes well documented defensive struggles. 

Regretfully it was all about a Hibs  team that looked hungrier than a Hearts team. That frankly is not acceptable.
If they work hard, we have to work harder.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

He hits superb first time crosses on the run, as part of a move, but his dead ball free kicks are below average.  Also his defensive contribution is up and down like a seesaw.  Last night, I think, was the first time I can remember seeing him block a cross, he normally stands off and lets them cross.

No he doesn’t, he hits the defender a lot and i bet you or nobody else can name a goal we have scored from a lofted cross hes made in nearly 3 years.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, H2 said:

Regretfully it was all about a Hibs  team that looked hungrier than a Hearts team. That frankly is not acceptable.
If they work hard, we have to work harder.

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I hope last night finally convinces everyone that we are not, and haven’t been all season, a good side. For weeks now I have been saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we set up. We will probably finish third and reach a semi-final but, and it’s a big BUT, only on a few occasions have we played like the third best team in Scotland. Right now I don’t see any style or patterns of play that define us as a team. What defines us  just now is mediocrity! Our lack of pace throughout the team, Forrest and Vargas (who is murder)  aside, is frightening. Box to box player, we don’t even have a centre circle to box player! I see ‘bad’ things happening all over the pitch that can only be attributed to the manager/coaches e.g. at  Ibrox, Alex Cochrane ran 70 yards to take a free-kick on the halfway line on the opposite side of the pitch, so either we don’t have another player in the team who can’t knock a ball forward 60 yards or he has been allocated this task by the manager/coaches. Last night on 4/5 occasions, Hibs were able to take ‘short’ corners which enabled Boyle to either run at us or deliver a much more dangerous delivery/attempt on goal. The manager/coaches had clearly instructed Forrest not to split the two Hibs players but to stand off at a distance thus allowing them this opportunity. In the middle of our winning run, I said to a Hibs supporting friend, “don’t believe the hype, we aren’t that good”. I really worry about our lack of style or identity in terms of our play and I think that is down to the manager/coaches and to some extent Joe Savage given we have 5/6 midfielders and not one of them has any pace. Because I don’t have 75k posts, I anticipate an ‘out of the woodworm’ backlash!

Good post 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Another observation. Maybe it was just the close ups of the bench on PPV but the "triumverate" seemed more active last night than recently. Indeed the Mcavoy and Forrest duo more than once seen on the touchline talking to each other (and players?)  with Naisey not in sight. Maybe the bizarre decision not to take Kent off immediately when he first hobbled off was the resut of a "debate". If we had as someone posted used all our subs that in itself was a strange decision.

He took Cochrane off after Kent was injured, absolutely crazy decision no matter who decided it.,

buzzbomb1958
19 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Well said sir.  And you could add, our inability to start games on front foot and not to "wake up" until the second half. 

This is solidly down to the management not kicking arses ok maybe one or two games you might be off the pace and sluggish to get going but this is every game WTF, any decent coaching team would have nipped this in the bud after 2 or 3 games not went a whole season.

I know we have had a good run of results but this slow start was found it last week against a decent side we were 3 goals down before we woke up and the defending was schoolboy at best , If Naismith is to carry on as the manager he must know which players we need to get rid of because there’s about 6 players in there that need moved on just absolutely not good enough 

Hashimoto
43 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Some good points here. The lack of pace especially in the middle of the park is alarming. Some positive aspects though! Neuwenhoff is looking like a very good MF and someone to build the team around.  
Let's get the season done and dusted and see where Naismith can take us going forward.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Naismith is yet to get anywhere near Neilson’s last two derby performances. Or even the semi-final the season before.

He had his faults, but let’s not kid on he didn’t have Hibs in his pocket second time around.

The semi?  The one where Hibs outplayed us with 10 men in the 2nd half and took an unbelievable save by Gordon (even by his standards) to avoid it going to extra time?  We were pish that day.  Scored two wonder goals then went back into our shell. Awful performance.

Dr Ian Malcolm
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The semi?  The one where Hibs outplayed us with 10 men in the 2nd half and took an unbelievable save by Gordon (even by his standards) to avoid it going to extra time?  We were pish that day.  Scored two wonder goals then went back into our shell. Awful performance.

From 2-0 onwards, it wasn't good, no. But we've done no better under Naismith in these games. And Robbie scudded them 3-0 home and away in a matter of weeks. So decrying Naismith as becoming "like his predecessor" in derbies is just plain wrong. He's not done that well yet.

Nelly Terraces
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agree. We were garbage that day.

For me, last night was the most reminiscent of Neilsonball since Naismith came in as manager. We were slow, weak & looked timid. 

davemclaren

Thought we were pretty garbage when Hibs beat us at ER in his first derby in charge.  At least this time we got a point.  

soonbe110
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Agreed, our football isn’t any better than this time last season. 

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

they never cut in to the 21 point difference, whats to be ecstatic about.

I agree but Hibs fans are deeply traumatised by Hearts dominance over them for decades so even a draw is like winning the World Cup to them.  The gap is already a chasm and after the death warrant they have signed with Bill Foley, it will only widen.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thought we were pretty garbage when Hibs beat us at ER in his first derby in charge.  At least this time we got a point.  

We were but to be fair that shambles that he had taken over a day or two days beforehand would have struggled to beat Cowdenbeath, things had got so bad.  Seems unfair that SN has to have that one, his only defeat against them, on his record.  It wasn’t down to him. 

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree. We were garbage that day.

For me, last night was the most reminiscent of Neilsonball since Naismith came in as manager. We were slow, weak & looked timid. 

Yes, it is worrying.  Don’t think we will really see Naismith’s stamp on this team until next season though when he gets rid of some of the deadwood and strengthens a few areas. 

Drylaw Hearts
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, it is worrying.  Don’t think we will really see Naismith’s stamp on this team until next season though when he gets rid of some of the deadwood and strengthens a few areas. 

If Naismith thinks Fraser is strengthening our midfield then I’m concerned about the next transfer window.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

If Naismith thinks Fraser is strengthening our midfield then I’m concerned about the next transfer window.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, January is a difficult transfer window for clubs who generally don’t pay transfer fees, so usually results in sticking plaster type loan deals.  Worked with Simms but they’re mostly miss rather than hit. 

Still a bit early to judge on Fraser, he’s only played a few games and don’t think he had been playing down south had he?  Look how long it’s taken Hoff to start looking like a player. 

SN still needs to move on some of Neilson’s deadwood that he inherited.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

bobskeldon
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Some good points here. The lack of pace especially in the middle of the park is alarming. Some positive aspects though! Neuwenhoff is looking like a very good MF and someone to build the team around.  
Let's get the season done and dusted and see where Naismith can take us going forward.

I like CN, he has more ability and he is more forward thinking than CD or BB but unfortunately he is also one paced! I am still unconvinced by SN, FM and GF. 

bobskeldon
49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We were dreadful in his first Derby, played exactly the same 11 as the week before when were also dreadful!

Takeshi kovac

If and it's a big if, we are still slow and lethargic after the summer window then Naismith will have a lot to answer for. But I think he will clear out some dead wood and bring more of his own players in. The one big difference between him and Robbie is how well some players have improved under Naismith,  previously players would start well then regress

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No he doesn’t, he hits the defender a lot and i bet you or nobody else can name a goal we have scored from a lofted cross hes made in nearly 3 years.

He hits superb first time low crosses from which Shankland has scored, eg v Aberdeen.  and there would have been more goals if others made near post runs. There have been some great crosses by Cochrane but attackers static in the box haven't read it.

As far as  a lofted cross, Shankland scored v St Mirren recently. 

Last night if Forrest had emulated the low cross to the near post early on last night, Shankland was clear at near post but Forrest overhit a high cross.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I agree but Hibs fans are deeply traumatised by Hearts dominance over them for decades so even a draw is like winning the World Cup to them.  The gap is already a chasm and after the death warrant they have signed with Bill Foley, it will only widen.

👍

Last night proved a few things. 

We need another experienced striker up front with Shankland, he cannot do it all by himself and needs an equally good partner.  This will cost money, but it will cost us games if we don't do it, especially when we struggle to break teams down as we do. Vargas, Oda, Tagawa etc. all fine as sub players, but they haven't shown that they have what it takes to form a good starting partnership with Shankland. We don't keep him happy, and scoring goals, he will be offski before long. 

Right Back continues to be our weak link, and we need to address that.  Again, it's going to cost money to get an impact not a project player. 

Beni is likely off, and I would like to see us replace him with someone with a bit more attacking instinct and vision. You can't pass forwards all the time, but he can be frustrating to watch at times. 

I'd argue we need an experienced centre back. Not someone to top up the pension pot, but not a young lad either. Someone who will run through brick walls and will make sure they get on the end of everything. We make far too many silly mistakes through fannying about. There is still room for a Webster or a Pressley style player in the modern game, you just need to use them properly.  Let them deal with the defensive work, and let others do the passing and pressing game. 

We need experience and quality in a few key areas, and we're going to need to spend some money to do it. The team is good enough, but needs to be better, especially when we talk about wanting to win cups and go on European runs. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Strange place this as I have been saying the same things and getting called all sorts of names and getting shot down. Shanks has scored something like 52% of our goals ( we rely too heavily on him at present ) and without him we would be relegation fight, hopefully he stays injury free. So many games start slowly and too many passes around the defense. WTF was Benni trying to do playing in our own box! Lack of movement up front and at throw in's. SN making the same mistakes game after game, Oh yes he can make telling changes, but that only highlights the mistakes in picking the team before KO. TBF I have said elsewhere I do believe FM is the majour problem as he keeps trying to over ride what SN wants from the team. Time for the board to back SN fully and spend some serious cash in the summer, Maybe even revamping the coaching set up, too many mediocre players and lack of composure when on the ball. Last night showed how we panic when under pressure, time to put up or move on.

Chuck Berry
4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

:vrface:

Chuck Berry
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I have said elsewhere I do believe FM is the majour problem as he keeps trying to over ride what SN wants from the team. 

Where is the evidence of that??

Edited by Chuck Berry

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Where is the evidence of that??

I posted before ( I can't remember the game ) but SN was telling a sub player what he wanted him to do, turned away as the player approached the line and FM tried to get his oar in, SN forced his way between FM and player to stop him interfering.

Chuck Berry
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I posted before ( I can't remember the game ) but SN was telling a sub player what he wanted him to do, turned away as the player approached the line and FM tried to get his oar in, SN forced his way between FM and player to stop him interfering.

That's no evidence, and you have zero idea what they are talking about.   If the relationship was that bad we'd absolutely know about it.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

That's no evidence, and you have zero idea what they are talking about.   If the relationship was that bad we'd absolutely know about it.

Where's your evidence? You don't know what you are talking about, as at least I have seen evidence of conflict while you have no evidence things are rosy. Things may not be " that bad " but I still say that incident shows they are not always in agreement.

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Where's your evidence? You don't know what you are talking about, as at least I have seen evidence of conflict while you have no evidence things are rosy. Things may not be " that bad " but I still say that incident shows they are not always in agreement.

You're asking me for evidence of your no evidence? :vrface:

Ex member of the SaS

You're asking me for evidence of your no evidence? :vrface:

Give it up as you obviously are posting for the sake of it. I have posted I saw evidence, you on the other hand make a statement with zero knowledge or proof.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Give it up as you obviously are posting for the sake of it. I have posted I saw evidence, you on the other hand make a statement with zero knowledge or proof.

You've seen something completely innocent that you have used to jump to a ridiculous conclusion that SN isn't in full control of team matters.

I mean, WTAF :vrface:

Bongo 1874
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I've seen this too.

Kilmarnock away Haring coming on👍.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ex member of the SaS

You've seen something completely innocent that you have used to jump to a ridiculous conclusion that SN isn't in full control of team matters.

I mean, WTAF :vrface:

Last word, You have NOT seen anything to back up your claim. I mean WTAF

Chuck Berry
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Last word, You have NOT seen anything to back up your claim. I mean WTAF

I didn't make a claim 🤣

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I've seen this too.

Cheers Bongo, you can't argue with stupid though.

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Cheers Bongo, you can't argue with stupid though.

:vrface:🤣

Australis

Forrest, Oda, Vargas, Grant,  McKay

Never turn in good consistent performances.

Every now and again in too few games we get a decent performance.

The odd decent performance from them is not enough.

And I think Naismith could say to the players 100 times, we need to start quick and have a good first half as well.

And 100 times it goes in one ear and out the other.

Once Shanks is away we will look very one paced and average.

We moved about the field like robots last night.

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Agree, there's quite a few of them I'd like to see jettisoned, Atkinson being one as he is just terrible at literally everything. Our style of play is stilted & no wonder we've only scored 3 goals in a league game twice this season. 

3 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

TBF bringing Fraser on a loan looked a good move but he's proved to be totally ineffective. Grant came on & did more in 5 minutes that Fraser had done in 55. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

We were poor last night and looked like a tired team but the positive is even while we well off it that mob couldn't beat us

bobskeldon
46 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

:vrface:

Is that you disagreeing? All of the post, some of the post? Very lazy and juvenile response to specific points. If you disagree then please articulate what bits you consider wrong! Specific challenges using words would be really good rather than pictures. Thanks. 

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Is that you disagreeing? All of the post, some of the post? Very lazy and juvenile response to specific points. If you disagree then please articulate what bits you consider wrong! Specific challenges using words would be really good rather than pictures. Thanks. 

It's amazing posters like you weren't posting stuff like this during the 10 wins and a draw run.

Just biding your time I guess.

SectionDJambo

Last night was disappointing and could have ended up worse than it did. No question the team let themselves down.
However, some of the assessments that we’ve just been lucky to get so many good results this season are nonsense.

Just lucky to get, was it 28 points from 30? Too many odd goal victories? Better teams than us have won  league championships with numerous odd goal victories. It’s called being hard to beat and taking your chances when they come along.

Just lucky that we’ve got Lawrence Shankland is the most insane opinion. It’s like saying a team is just lucky to have an outstanding goalkeeper who wins points for his team. Are Rangers just lucky that they have Tavenier in their team to have scored so many vital goals for them?
We’re not entertaining? I’d rather have a team winning games and points than being entertaining and losing frequently. 
 There’s no difference between Naismith and Neilson? I’ll give you one. The young players who are earning their chance in our team are being gradually introduced. They’re not world beaters yet though, so who cares? None of them would have been anywhere near the first team under Neilson. 

Maybe we weren’t so lucky to have played Rangers at Ibrox when they were smelling a chance of a title that was written off earlier in the season. Their team and their crowd were well up for it. Maybe we won’t be so lucky that Celtic, after weeks of turgid football, are getting injured players back and hitting form right before they come to Tynecastle.

Let’s wait until the end of the season to assess if we’ve chucked 3rd place again before panic and doom sets in.

We might just get lucky again.