• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Shanks done brilliantly for the pen but we really didn't look like scoring, front to back we were slow and lacked imagination. Not the reaction I was expecting.  Hope Frankie is OK, can't afford to lose him

Absolutely, he has been our best player behind Shankland. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

Atkinson has had two absolute stinkers in a row. Alas, Lembikisa hasn't impressed of late either.

Toby may well get a chance there.

Legend Claws
1 hour ago, Australis said:

Is it another late collapse like last year.

That was absolutely gutless and awful.

Nope 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, flem said:

Hoff aside it was a dreadful performance. Hobos just seemed to want it more, and played with a much higher intensity. Atkinson was an absolute liability. How can we not sign a competent right back.

Scary, we have needed one for about 4 years. 

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Cochrane is a chancer who repeatedly fails to learn from his mistakes. 

He needs to stay behind at training and practice his set pieces, they're woeful, rarely beats the first man.

Gorgiewave
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You might be right. None of them inspires confidence.

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Cammy Devlin fans. Back in your box. :rofl:

Absolutely dreadful footballer. 

Disagree.

3 minutes ago, feej said:

He needs to stay behind at training and practice his set pieces, they're woeful, rarely beats the first man.

He needs to learn how to defend. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

We were shite, yes.

Hibs still didn't win though.

This 

the posh bit
1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

We kind of got away with one there

That's what I thought too.

Just now, Carter said:

He needs to learn how to defend. 

For me sometimes he looks ok then other times like tonight he wouldn't be missed.

In general I was shocked how easily we were brushed aside by them tonight, they seemed to want it more which was worrying. Supposed to get a reaction after Saturday but I didn't see it.

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Ked said:

I'm not the one starting a thread about wtf was that all about like a panic merchant trying to scream panic .

Typical derby which wasn't great.

But wailing like a wee beech.

Steady on now son

1 minute ago, Ked said:

I'm not the one starting a thread about wtf was that all about like a panic merchant trying to scream panic .

Typical derby which wasn't great.

But wailing like a wee beech.

Steady on now son

Have a look at the comments on this thread from people that agree with me on that performance...it was shite. If you're happy though...then each to their own

pettigrewsstylist

Good enough for 3rd in this backwater it seems anything beyond that is a consistent arse collapse  

15 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Have a look at the comments on this thread from people that agree with me on that performance...it was shite. If you're happy though...then each to their own

Not happy.

But not screaming

2 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Poor derby display from us. Hibs have improved since we last played them but we kept giving the ball away and looked nervous in possession.

Think we are going to look back at this purple patch fondly as this is a different team since the Rangers game. Expected us to dominate the second half but it never came.

Third isn’t sown up yet.

pish AI post

sandylejambo

It might have been better if the manager would be honest, instead of blowing smoke up our arse and trying to put a positive spin on the shit we watched tonight.

J.T.F.Robertson

2 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Maybe shaded it on the night? ....are you having a laugh? Hibs were the better team 

And that has never happened ever. As for the unforgivable, 😁

They now have real attacking threat and are no mugs in that department.

We were pretty ordinary but maybe some of that came down to them.

And I was at the 0-7 and was over it a long long time ago.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Drawing in a derby is nothing like a defeat. This was Hibs chance to salvage a season and they couldn't manage it.

On fact, I've forgotten about game slready

A draw against hibs feels like a loss. We should only ever win against them. Draws are a loss of points.

The whole set up and team performance was utterly bizarre. We went with Fraser at RM in effectively a 4-4-2 to what I assume was to match up a Hibs side who abandoned that formation weeks ago. Got battered in the middle of the pitch and gave Marcondes the freedom of the stadium. 

A dreadful performance all round and baffling tactics and team selection from Naismith. 

jamborich

Some over the top reaction imo agree not one of our best performances but l prefer to look at the league points wise never expected to have a cushion like we have, MIND THE GAP 

Bongo 1874

Tempo,and intensity just isn't there,we give teams far too much time, and space, we don't get close enough and allow players to run off us,without there runs being matched.

Pasquale for King

If thats was the response to Saturdays awful performance then I’m worried about the management and players. Although I expect them to be better on Sunday, weirdly enough. 

We were supposed to be sprinting out the trap tonight but didn’t look up for it, Hibs still couldn’t beat us though so we take the point and move on.

PS: they are still 21 points behind us, 21!

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tempo,and intensity just isn't there,we give teams far too much time, and space, we don't get close enough and allow players to run off us,without there runs being matched.

A recupe for disaster for Sunday.
Our frankly laughable attempts at pressing all season has been awful.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

The whole set up and team performance was utterly bizarre. We went with Fraser at RM in effectively a 4-4-2 to what I assume was to match up a Hibs side who abandoned that formation weeks ago. Got battered in the middle of the pitch and gave Marcondes the freedom of the stadium. 

A dreadful performance all round and baffling tactics and team selection from Naismith. 

Spot on, any changes he made didn’t work either. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely should.

Arthur Morgan

I did say in the match thread before the game that I was worried about Marcondes and Maolida. I thought both looked good and caused us problems, especially Marcondes. We were some way off it though, really poor performance so I'll take the draw. They needed the win more than us. 

1971fozzy

That’s as good a hibs performance as I’ve seen in a derby and I’ve been going for over 30 years. Let’s be honest.
yet they still didn’t beat us. 
we go on. We rode our luck tonight but also had chances to win it strangely enough.

wee won’t be as poor again and they’ll not play as well. They have some decent players at the top end but they are loans so they’ll disappear as quickly as they arrived.
for him to play Devlin was maybe wrong as he hasn’t played in so long but we still didn’t get beat.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I did say in the match thread before the game that I was worried about Marcondes and Maolida. I thought both looked good and caused us problems, especially Marcondes. We were some way off it though, really poor performance so I'll take the draw. They needed the win more than us. 

Every derby is a must win, no other demands are acceptable. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If thats was the response to Saturdays awful performance then I’m worried about the management and players. Although I expect them to be better on Sunday, weirdly enough. 

Might be hard to accept but, upfront especially, they now carry some real threat.

Pasquale for King
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

That’s as good a hibs performance as I’ve seen in a derby and I’ve been going for over 30 years. Let’s be honest.
yet they still didn’t beat us. 
we go on. We rode our luck tonight but also had chances to win it strangely enough.

wee won’t be as poor again and they’ll not play as well. They have some decent players at the top end but they are loans so they’ll disappear as quickly as they arrived.
for him to play Devlin was maybe wrong as he hasn’t played in so long but we still didn’t get beat.

We’ve been that poor for weeks, relying on late performances and Shankland goals once ww eventually play the right players in the right formation. 

jamborich
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Every derby is a must win, no other demands are acceptable. 

Every game is a must win but sensible people realise it’s not possible 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Might be hard to accept but, upfront especially, they now carry some real threat.

I’m talking about us, couldn’t care less about them, they have an awful defence and we made them look good.
If we had created that many chances at ER as they did tonight and drew then I would be raging and saying they need some shooting practice. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Every game is a must win but sensible people realise it’s not possible 

Don’t think away games like those last Saturday or this Sunday are must win, a derby at home to a bottom 6 team with one league win in two months is surely possible to win? Im not a sensible person, Im a Hearts fan.

Gordon Ramsay

Our manager seems to think it was a 50/50 game.

Must have watched a different game from me as only one team looked like winning and it wasn't us.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m talking about us, couldn’t care less about them, they have an awful defence and we made them look good.
If we had created that many chances at ER as they did tonight and drew then I would be raging and saying they need some shooting practice. 

We're both involved in the game, no? Just might be they had something to do with how we played.

You know, last weekend I figure old Phillipe had us sussed from the off. Our buildup is so slow and pedestrian, and he has the quality to make mincemeat of it.

It was the same ponderous shite we displayed today.

I have no idea how to change that but change it will have to if we're to genuinely get better.

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Hopefully him, Atkinson and fraser are nowhere near our club next season. 

Atkinson and fraser are absolutely shit  at hibs goal fraser   was just plodding back watching then score so far in the last two games he is utter shit :rifle:

jamborich
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t think away games like those last Saturday or this Sunday are must win, a derby at home to a bottom 6 team with one league win in two months is surely possible to win? Im not a sensible person, Im a Hearts fan.

It was possible to win we didn’t however given the performance the point is a positive 

jamborich
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Our manager seems to think it was a 50/50 game.

Must have watched a different game from me as only one team looked like winning and it wasn't us.

Which makes our point pisses them right off 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

We're both involved in the game, no? Just might be they had something to do with how we played.

You know, last weekend I figure old Phillipe had us sussed from the off. Our buildup is so slow and pedestrian, and he has the quality to make mincemeat of it.

It was the same ponderous shite we displayed today.

I have no idea how to change that but change it will have to if we're to genuinely get better.

We haven’t outplayed a team for ages tbh, Vargas ahead of Shankland and balls un behind creates space for us to play. 
We really don’t play well any other way, they were pushing up on us tonight as there was no threat in behind, happening a lot now. 
Paasing the ball quickly, moving into space would help, two or three touches at most. 
Playing 5 at the back has saw Rangers easily beat us 4 times this season, and 5 last season too. 

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Just expected a reaction from Hearts after Saturday. 

I'm going into a work full of hibbies tomorrow...🙄

😂😂😂 put your tampon in and get to work.

Ffs. They beat us 1-1 and won the singing again. Grow a set. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jamborich said:

It was possible to win we didn’t however given the performance the point is a positive 

From a league standpoint yes, the poor tactics and performance is a worrying sign. Three draws against them so far at home for the manager is not a great record. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We haven’t outplayed a team for ages tbh, Vargas ahead of Shankland and balls un behind creates space for us to play. 
We really don’t play well any other way, they were pushing up on us tonight as there was no threat in behind, happening a lot now. 
Paasing the ball quickly, moving into space would help, two or three touches at most. 
Playing 5 at the back has saw Rangers easily beat us 4 times this season, and 5 last season too. 

No argument from me, with no hindsight, either.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

He started a thread calling folk names tonight that got taken down ffs. 

Just tell these Hibs ***** that we were crap, they deserved to win but need to work on their finishing to close the 21 point gap and get into the top 6. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

No argument from me, with no hindsight, either.

Happening too often now.