WTF was all that about?????

Go for it 1308

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, feej said:

He needs to stay behind at training and practice his set pieces, they're woeful, rarely beats the first man.

He cant cross the ball, along the deck ok. Why hes on set pieces is bewildering..

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'm not a hibs fan mate, so drawing in a derby is like a defeat. ....I'm never happy if we don't win against them. I especially don't like draws either when we played utter shite and they were attackingly better and organised at our home ground . That's unforgivable from a Heart of Midlothian team against Hibs

Spot on 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

It might have been better if the manager would be honest, instead of blowing smoke up our arse and trying to put a positive spin on the shit we watched tonight.

He is getting more like his predecessor week by week.

Kennyfragg13
1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

It might have been better if the manager would be honest, instead of blowing smoke up our arse and trying to put a positive spin on the shit we watched tonight.

Yeah let’s go down the same route as derek Adam’s and warnock throwing players under the bus,worked wonders for them didn’t it, what needs to be said should stay in the dressing room.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s as good a hibs performance as I’ve seen in a derby and I’ve been going for over 30 years. Let’s be honest.

Surely the 6-2 performance tops it?

For the most part, it’s been a season of grinding out results. We have usually won by an odd goal.

Last night highlighted a few deficiencies in the squad, things that have been bloody obvious all season. Not enough goal threat apart from Shanks, not enough creativity from midfield. Despite that we drew the game and, yes hibs missed chances, but if not for a freak mistake in defence, we’d have won.

The remainder of the season will probably be as much of a battle as it has been up to now. We have a good lead because of hard work, being difficult to beat, and Shanks. Stop crying and get behind the team.

4 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We badly miss Barry McKay.

👍 I don’t believe Grant and Fraser are poor players, but they often look like it playing in the 10, struggling to break through packed defences. McKay is the one. 

6 hours ago, jamborich said:

Some over the top reaction imo agree not one of our best performances but l prefer to look at the league points wise never expected to have a cushion like we have, MIND THE GAP 

Both can be true at once. 

We are comfortably third for various reasons. 
We were also very very poor last night. 

I get the feeling we are now just seeing this season out with stealing a few points here and there and hoping the chasing pack don't hit any form of a good run.

Brutal sruff now, get a good book for the next few months as this will be pins in the eyes stuff. Same old same old shite after a few months that definitely got the juices flowing. I think we can say now that we more just had a recent good spell than us actually having a good team.

What's annoying is, we never looked like scoring last night.  It was poor all round. As mentioned on other threads Hoff was easily our best player. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

What's annoying is, we never looked like scoring last night.  It was poor all round. As mentioned on other threads Hoff was easily our best player. 

He was easily. And taking my specs off for a minute it’s plain to see that Emiliano is a very decent player. I’d love to see us sign 2/3 of this type 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, Finlay James said:

We’re raging, Hibs will be ecstatic.  Says it all really.

they never cut in to the 21 point difference, whats to be ecstatic about.

Gundermann
9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

When we're terrible and they play well, it's usually a draw. That's the gap between the clubs and the teams.

Good point.

We need to upgrade several players in the summer if we want to improve further next season. 

18 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Didn’t have any kind of control in midfield and the full backs never got forward enough.   Full backs need to be part of attacks and provide that link as much as midfielders.  

I just thought we looked flat footed. Not ready to take the ball and move it on quicker. There was no rippling effect in our play.  Back to football by numbers.

Edited by Debut 4

We’ve played shite for most of the season. We had a great run, grinding out results mainly thanks to an inform striker. But we’re hardly enjoyable to watch. 
We’ll finish 3rd.
Morton should be taken care off but won’t be a walk in the park like Airdrie was. If we get either of the old firm in semi that’ll be it. Killie or Aberdeen then maybe get another final but unlikely to win it. 
Need a few out and a couple of quality players in during summer. Centre half, midfield general and a striker. 

Edited by scottg71

Jim Panzee
5 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We badly miss Barry McKay.

We do.

not sure if he'd have made a difference last night though.....and I'm a big fan of his.

with hindsight, we might've done better not playing Fraser and Atkinson - and just having Forrest as a wide man, Vargas and Shanks up top. We couldn't seem to get hold of the ball in midfield.

Dr Ian Malcolm
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Naismith is yet to get anywhere near Neilson’s last two derby performances. Or even the semi-final the season before.

He had his faults, but let’s not kid on he didn’t have Hibs in his pocket second time around.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I get the feeling we are now just seeing this season out with stealing a few points here and there and hoping the chasing pack don't hit any form of a good run.

Brutal sruff now, get a good book for the next few months as this will be pins in the eyes stuff. Same old same old shite after a few months that definitely got the juices flowing. I think we can say now that we more just had a recent good spell than us actually having a good team.

Pile of shite.

Bazzas right boot

Yip, finishing 3rd in the league.

Despite the often played up “big physical Hearts” stereotype I thought that their players looked bigger than ours and I don’t just mean height. 

The amount of time the ball spent in the air was ridiculous, head tennis galore and corner after corner. I thought Forrest was going to be the one to unlock the door second half but his runs up the wing continued to come to nothing and the finishing from Vargas was so poor.

Hibs started both halves of the game with a lot more conviction than we did and we slowly grew into the game both times. 

Never happy with a draw against them, we need to get through Sunday then go back to the drawing board as we really haven’t addressed the first whistle pandemonium 

stuart500

Team needs freshened up a bit.

Some players looking jaded. Time to bring in Dexter and Toby on Sunday and hope they take the chance to show what they can do.

Would also give Tait a starting place. Have no worries he would look out of place and he couldn't be worse than Fraser. Pollock too should be given more than just a few minutes at the end.

If we're going to lose on Sunday I'd rather we at least get the satisfaction of good performances from the likes of Tait and Pollock.

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pile of shite.

in know, we’ve lost 1 out of 15 games 🤣 against the huns away. We were shite last night no doubt.  But talk about an over reaction 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Team needs freshened up a bit.

Some players looking jaded. Time to bring in Dexter and Toby on Sunday and hope they take the chance to show what they can do.

Would also give Tait a starting place. Have no worries he would look out of place and he couldn't be worse than Fraser. Pollock too should be given more than just a few minutes at the end.

If we're going to lose on Sunday I'd rather we at least get the satisfaction of good performances from the likes of Tait and Pollock.

yeah we look jaded for sure, but I’d maybe wait till after Saturday for wholesale changes 

TexasAndy

FFS sake we just completed a spell of 28 points out of 30.   But you just know the grim reapers cannae wait to sling mud.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Despite the often played up “big physical Hearts” stereotype I thought that their players looked bigger than ours and I don’t just mean height. 

The amount of time the ball spent in the air was ridiculous, head tennis galore and corner after corner. I thought Forrest was going to be the one to unlock the door second half but his runs up the wing continued to come to nothing and the finishing from Vargas was so poor.

Hibs started both halves of the game with a lot more conviction than we did and we slowly grew into the game both times. 

Never happy with a draw against them, we need to get through Sunday then go back to the drawing board as we really haven’t addressed the first whistle pandemonium 

said the same on another thread. We lack a lot of physicality and athleticism which has been made glaringly apparent in the last 2 games.  This was a huge issue against rangers at the weekend.  We’ve done great this season but we do need players better able to compete physically if we are to progress .

indianajones

As said before... They played out their skin and still couldn't beat us. 

That's probably in their top three best performances this season. 

Shame a top 6 derby is unlikely. 

Mind the gap hibs. 

buzzbomb1958

Totally agree with this ok we have played alright last few games then we went to ibroke and got our arses handed to us on a plate, the frailties of the defence which have been there for all to see all season was our downfall, the pitiful starts are now part of our DNA wtf is going on with our coaching it’s like we play with a mindset that the forwards will pull us out the shit and nothing is learned . As has been said blowing smoke up our arses is not solving this problem as was highlighted last week, if Naismith cannot solve this problem of piss poor defending then we need to get someone in who can, and before you all start saying but we are in 3rd place yes we are but we seen the same last season where we capitulated 3 rd . 
We are in 3 rd place because everyone below us are dog shit , We have to get this defence sorted because we have players in there who are not defenders Atkinson murder , Rowells , murder , Kent is babysitting that back line just because they are International players in a shit Aussie team does not make them hard enough for the rigours of the SPL and this needs to be addressed we have had shit defending since Robbie was here and it’s still not been sorted . 

Hearts treading water, h1bs have improved, but still not enough to take all 3. Some good players in that temporary cobbled together loanee side. Missed opportunity for them last night or was in just another added to their catalogue of "launch failures"?...FTH!

Edited by OBE

soonbe110
9 hours ago, feej said:

For me sometimes he looks ok then other times like tonight he wouldn't be missed.

In general I was shocked how easily we were brushed aside by them tonight, they seemed to want it more which was worrying. Supposed to get a reaction after Saturday but I didn't see it.

Yet some think we will receive multi-millions for him? 

33 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Mind the gap hibs. 

Hibs next three league games are against Ross County (twice) and Livi. They win those, every chance they'll end up top 6. Dundee seem to be very hit and miss.

soonbe110
8 hours ago, DB-14 said:

The whole set up and team performance was utterly bizarre. We went with Fraser at RM in effectively a 4-4-2 to what I assume was to match up a Hibs side who abandoned that formation weeks ago. Got battered in the middle of the pitch and gave Marcondes the freedom of the stadium. 

A dreadful performance all round and baffling tactics and team selection from Naismith. 

Can’t disagree with any of that 

BackOfTheNet

I said even at half time against Rangers that my worry was how the team and management would be affected. After all, we were winning games we normally wouldn’t, most likely on a crest of a confidence wave, but the opposite can happen too.

I believe last night was tentative. We played not to lose rather than to win. And that’s not because we got beat by Rangers, but because how badly we got beat. Our players went from thinking anything is possible to doubting themselves majorly within the space of 45 minutes. Last night was a team lacking in confidence, which goes to show how quickly things can change in football…

Boris5115
45 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Mind the gap hibs. 

I think Hibs are a stick on to finish top 6 looking at their fixtures.  That gives us a chance to make up for lasts night dissapointing show. 

gordiegords

Really hope this isn’t our usual post new year slump that’s been happening for a couple of years where we hardly kick a ball for the rest of the season.

still waiting on the fast starts we keep hearing about.

Francis Albert

What I found most frustrating was how often we had the ball midfield or our half with a player with loads of space in front and players forward. But we were so static and slow in these positions. The player with the ball just walks or at best jogs instead of closing the space in front of him  and those in front do not run (or sprint!) into space to receive a pass. Not a new problem,apparent in many games even in our long unbeaten run.

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, feej said:

He needs to stay behind at training and practice his set pieces, they're woeful, rarely beats the first man.

He hits superb first time crosses on the run, as part of a move, but his dead ball free kicks are below average.  Also his defensive contribution is up and down like a seesaw.  Last night, I think, was the first time I can remember seeing him block a cross, he normally stands off and lets them cross.

SectionDJambo
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I said even at half time against Rangers that my worry was how the team and management would be affected. After all, we were winning games we normally wouldn’t, most likely on a crest of a confidence wave, but the opposite can happen too.

I believe last night was tentative. We played not to lose rather than to win. And that’s not because we got beat by Rangers, but because how badly we got beat. Our players went from thinking anything is possible to doubting themselves majorly within the space of 45 minutes. Last night was a team lacking in confidence, which goes to show how quickly things can change in football…

It looked to me, as well, that we had been badly spooked by that performance at Ibrox. The defence and midfield didn't look confident enough and gave Hibs far too much space to bring the ball forward. We couldn't even clear our lines properly by launching the ball upfield when under pressure. Most of our clearances landing at a Hibs player just outside our box. 

That said, we had some wee chances to score again but either wasted them or got crowded out in their box. 

Hibs played well, but we made it easy for them at times and need to get the minds sorted before Sunday.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It looked to me, as well, that we had been badly spooked by that performance at Ibrox. The defence and midfield didn't look confident enough and gave Hibs far too much space to bring the ball forward. We couldn't even clear our lines properly by launching the ball upfield when under pressure. Most of our clearances landing at a Hibs player just outside our box. 

That said, we had some wee chances to score again but either wasted them or got crowded out in their box. 

Hibs played well, but we made it easy for them at times and need to get the minds sorted before Sunday.

All I know is if we defend and invite pressure on us like we did last night, Celtic will be scoring plenty against us. Our defence was erratic and nervous throughout, it was actually Hibs taking their foot off the gas after going 1-0 up that let us back in the game. If they kept up their pressure I feared the worst.

Hashimoto

Last night was all on Naismith. Not having a dig, results have been brilliant lately. The right hand side of the team was a total disaster with Natty and Fraser miles off it. 
Fraser and Devlin as a central pairing is and was seen to be a recipe for a disaster. 
For some reason Naismith went with what looked like a defensive setup. Maybe he was more affected by last Saturday's result than the players?
Last night was the ideal opportunity to get Saturday out of the system, but it raises more questions than answers especially with Celtic coming on Sunday.
Last night was the worst, most insipid performance in a derby match for years
A point was not the worst result, but that performance!

12 hours ago, Australis said:

Is it another late collapse like last year.

That was absolutely gutless and awful.

If that happens, heads need to roll within the team. Once we can blame on the manager, twice? No. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Our reliance on our captain is obvious if he doesnt produce some magic.

Fort Vallance

Getting turned over at Ibrox by a better team with a budget miles above us was disappointing but not a surprise. Being outfought by a Hibs team that wanted it more than us isn't acceptable. 

For me we still have a right back issue, no one can convince me Atkinson is the answer I’ve tried see the positives in his game but there’s very few. The midfield 10 still remains an issue and we’re very light up top (Shanks aside obv) Vargas is still learning and makes far to many wrong decisions in key areas, which is fine in certain games but when that one moment can change a big game like last he’s often found wanting. Forrest I think has come

on leaps and bounds under Naismith but this cutting inside to shoot is ok once or twice but teams are wise to it now and he needs to change it every so often. We’re not far away and a fit Barrie MacKay would certainly be a welcome addition. 

Thats three derbies in a row at Tynie we haven’t been good enough.  Hibs still can’t beat us though and we are cruising 3rd place so I’m not too worried.

Francis Albert

Another observation. Maybe it was just the close ups of the bench on PPV but the "triumverate" seemed more active last night than recently. Indeed the Mcavoy and Forrest duo more than once seen on the touchline talking to each other (and players?)  with Naisey not in sight. Maybe the bizarre decision not to take Kent off immediately when he first hobbled off was the resut of a "debate". If we had as someone posted used all our subs that in itself was a strange decision.

Edited by Francis Albert

bobskeldon

I hope last night finally convinces everyone that we are not, and haven’t been all season, a good side. For weeks now I have been saying that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we set up. We will probably finish third and reach a semi-final but, and it’s a big BUT, only on a few occasions have we played like the third best team in Scotland. Right now I don’t see any style or patterns of play that define us as a team. What defines us  just now is mediocrity! Our lack of pace throughout the team, Forrest and Vargas (who is murder)  aside, is frightening. Box to box player, we don’t even have a centre circle to box player! I see ‘bad’ things happening all over the pitch that can only be attributed to the manager/coaches e.g. at  Ibrox, Alex Cochrane ran 70 yards to take a free-kick on the halfway line on the opposite side of the pitch, so either we don’t have another player in the team who can’t knock a ball forward 60 yards or he has been allocated this task by the manager/coaches. Last night on 4/5 occasions, Hibs were able to take ‘short’ corners which enabled Boyle to either run at us or deliver a much more dangerous delivery/attempt on goal. The manager/coaches had clearly instructed Forrest not to split the two Hibs players but to stand off at a distance thus allowing them this opportunity. In the middle of our winning run, I said to a Hibs supporting friend, “don’t believe the hype, we aren’t that good”. I really worry about our lack of style or identity in terms of our play and I think that is down to the manager/coaches and to some extent Joe Savage given we have 5/6 midfielders and not one of them has any pace. Because I don’t have 75k posts, I anticipate an ‘out of the woodworm’ backlash!

Edited by bobskeldon