WTF was all that about?????

Go for it 1308

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

For 20 minutes. Seems a lot of teams struggle when they go 1-0 up. Go into their shell. 

They did still have moments but Hearts took control and gradually were the team most likely to win. 

I always say about these more difficult games. Lots of complaints. But surely everyone could see. Vargas scores and we win comfortably. And this forum is celebrating not complaining. 

Spot on. But Vargas shooting skills can be hot or cold. 🥶 today. 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

Again for me it was more about individual performances that in turn affect the bigger picture.  

Our players body shape never seems right when taking a ball.  It’s ponderous , on our heels and we don’t have a vision of where we want to put the ball before we get it. .

Only Vargas for me, earlier in the game, plays the game the right way from how he is ready to receive the ball, how he anticipates where it’s going, his general workrate to close down and plays relentlessly on style.  

We don’t have enough players with that attitude, imo. We don’t have enough players built like that mentally.  There was just no cohesion at all tonight.  

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For 20 minutes. Seems a lot of teams struggle when they go 1-0 up. Go into their shell. 

They did still have moments but Hearts took control and gradually were the team most likely to win. 

I always say about these more difficult games. Lots of complaints. But surely everyone could see. Vargas scores and we win comfortably. And this forum is celebrating not complaining. 

I have to disagree. We were never in control of that game. If anyone looked like winning it was hibs, unfortunately.  

Gorgiewave

Atkinson has had two absolute stinkers in a row. Alas, Lembikisa hasn't impressed of late either.

Just back, well that was utter shit. Very poor again, decision making at times is woeful, out muscled and we have some poor players.

Thought Hoff was decent.

42 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

We kind of got away with one there

Just home from the game and this is my take on it.

LogicalEric

Grant finally cemented his "c-ya" status tonight. Not seen a player duck out of challenges so much in one game.

I hope tonight was a rude awakening for those who just shrugged Saturday off as just another routine OF horsing. Seemed some thought all we had to do was turn up tonight. 

Nelly Terraces

Leaving a clearly badly injured Frankie Kent on the pitch to make it even worse was shockingly poor management & pretty much summed up our night - totally shit from top to bottom & the 1st whistle. 

Think team selection was strange.

Fraser looked a mile off it. 

Atkinson bombing infield leaving huge gaps in behind. Just far too pedestrian and too sideways..

Played the game too infield and needed to beat them wide. Zero impact from the subs. Tonight we needed to get in about them move it quickly. I know he's young but tait has to be ahead of Fraser. 

Just no coherent game plan sat too far off them 

jamborich
33 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Maybe shaded it on the night? ....are you having a laugh? Hibs were the better team 

Ffs did they win take the point and move on

KyleLafferty

Didn’t play well tonight but we could have also won the game. Very panicky and no composure from some players. Draw was a fair result. If we can’t win make sure we didn’t lose and we did. Players would have been a bit shaky after Saturday and that’s natural. Important we keep our heads on Sunday now.

Worst I've seen us play vs Hibs at Tynecastle since I've started going to games. 20+ years. Dreadful.

Can excuse poor performances but worrying sign was we were 2nd to almost every ball.  Played like a end of season dead Rubber, Hibs were still gash though.

Hoff aside it was a dreadful performance. Hobos just seemed to want it more, and played with a much higher intensity. Atkinson was an absolute liability. How can we not sign a competent right back.

Shooter McGavin

In the words of Will from the Inbetweeners

”Well that, was f****** dreadful”

AlphonseCapone

Bad day at the office for sure. I just don't think I'll ever warm to Atkinson. Centre midfield needs a lot of work. If we really want to strengthen this squad we need to cut guys like Sibbick, Atkinson, Grant, Fraser, and possibly even Devlin.

Go for it 1308
Just now, jamborich said:

Ffs did they win take the point and move on

I thought we we were moving on from last Saturday and I  expected a reaction from the players? We didn't get that.  You happy with that performance tonight?  Some people on here saying that it was hibs 'Cup final' and they played like it was their cup final because of their league  position.

Why didn't we play like it was our cup final ...its a Derby ffs....at Tynecastle!

The reason we have a superior Derby record in our history against them is because we expect to win them...end off. Hibs wanted it more tonight.  Why didn't we treat it as our 'cup final'? 

16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Leaving a clearly badly injured Frankie Kent on the pitch to make it even worse was shockingly poor management & pretty much summed up our night - totally shit from top to bottom & the 1st whistle. 

It was a disgrace what he did with Kent. He basically spouted a load of shite to Brian McLaughlin when asked about it on the radio.

A horrendous performance from the players and staff from start to finish tonight. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pathetic 

Felt sorry for Kent he gave it his all.

The midfield with Fraser playing No10 was a formation I hope I never see again.

Rory Mcilroy

Like Neilson before him Naismith’s got to realise you cannae ease yourself into derbies, like you would a home game vs a Motherwell etc. It looks too tactical and overly thought out from the off, which gave them a lift and left us very flat for the entire 90. It’s got to be about tempo, battling and taking the momentum, it was honestly like a friendly at times. 

We made a team that’s won one league game in 3 months look half decent tonight. The only positive being we never lost. 

Naisy has had a very good season but a change of mentality is required for the derby going forward. 

56 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

And what? They going to celebrate a draw and being miles behind us in the league? 

Exactly.

End of the day we were crap and they did play better than us but what did it get them? One point, same as us.

Nobody will care about tonight in the long run. We moved further ahead of Killie & maintained our advantage over hibs, they still have it all to do to earn the right to play us again this season, otherwise it’s another season of many in which they come out winless in the derby. 

WTF was Fraser on the pitch - looks like an overweight slow Snodgrass without the football ability!

jambo1975

Poor again. Key is we don't free fall like last season. Keep performing like that and it's possible. 

jamborich
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I thought we we were moving on from last Saturday and I  expected a reaction from the players? We didn't get that.  You happy with that performance tonight?  Some people on here saying that it was hibs 'Cup final' and they played like it was their cup final because of their league  position.

Why didn't we play like it was our cup final ...its a Derby ffs....at Tynecastle!

The reason we have a superior Derby record in our history against them is because we expect to win them...end off. Hibs wanted it more tonight.  Why didn't we treat it as our 'cup final'? 

Calm down man your blood pressure must be through the roof this game was always going to be tough am i disappointed we didn’t win yes am I happy we got a point given our performance yes

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, AndrewB said:

No comparison with last season (yet).  We’ll be fine, honest.

As long as Kent isn't out!!!

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Shut up .

Not great.

But shambolic needs slapped 3 or 4 times

Take the 'e' out your name...put a 'i' in  it's place

....and read it backwards

29 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Grant finally cemented his "c-ya" status tonight. Not seen a player duck out of challenges so much in one game.

He can **** off in the summer. Can get the same train south as Fraser. Nowhere near what's required. 

12 point gap to Kilmarnock but it cannot be forgotten that members of the anal prolapse of last season are still very much in the building and could easily defecate the bed on an industrial scale given the chance. 

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

WTF was Fraser on the pitch - looks like an overweight slow Snodgrass without the football ability!

Grant was a vast improvement, that's how bad he was.

Seriously, that was about the best I've seen Grant play.  

Edited by colinmaroon

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Just expected a reaction from Hearts after Saturday. 

I'm going into a work full of hibbies tomorrow...🙄

Well you can remind them they’ve won one of the last 14 derbies is it now?😊

Terrible tonight. Why do atiknson and lembikisa play completely differently? Atkinson always drifts inside, no crosses in to the box, Dexter sticks out wide and puts crosses in. 

Is it ready tactical? Weird if it is

Edited by MrBones

vladisacoward
1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

Hopefully him, Atkinson and fraser are nowhere near our club next season. 

Agreed. Also Sibbick , Grant, Tagawa, Haring, possibly Oda and others too.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

I’d terminate Scott Fraser’s loan now. Lad is slow and total shit. 

Yep, the last thing we need is another slow non event of a midfielder.

saxondale
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Cammy Devlin fans. Back in your box. :rofl:

Absolutely dreadful footballer. 

Have we not learnt to not write someone off who has not started a game in months, his first start being against Hibs (where good football I'd never displayed, and off the back of a pumping from Rangers.

Get a grip.

vladisacoward
5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Grant was a vast improvement, that's how bad he was.

Seriously, that was about the best I've seen Grant play.  

Agreed but it’s a very low bar to start with.

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Calm down man your blood pressure must be through the roof this game was always going to be tough am i disappointed we didn’t win yes am I happy we got a point given our performance yes

Apologies mate ...I just didn't expect that performance and reaction from Hearts after Saturday.  Especially at home against Hibs. A few people on here are happy with a point and a poor performance....but not explaining or criticising the reasons for the poor performance.? Each to their own and all that

vladisacoward
19 minutes ago, Carter said:

It was a disgrace what he did with Kent. He basically spouted a load of shite to Brian McLaughlin when asked about it on the radio.

A horrendous performance from the players and staff from start to finish tonight. 

Agreed on all points.

Go for it 1308
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well you can remind them they’ve won one of the last 14 derbies is it now?😊

Cheers mate...that made me smile...a bit. I totally wanted us to gub them tonight 

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mikey, are you joking?

We were the team more likely to win? That’s utter nonsense, we were dreadful tonight and Hibs were better than us. 

I was very angry with what I saw tonight. 

We were poor tonight and I thought Hibs played well…result a draw!

I think we can take that as a positive.

Naismith is well aware we are far from the finished article and I’m very optimistic he will recruit well in the summer resulting in a further improvement in the team. Rome wasn’t built in a day! Night night!

vladisacoward
41 minutes ago, May98 said:

Hoff fantastic the rest apart from Zander utter crap. 

They still cannae beat us though. 

Hoff definitely was not fantastic. He was arguably our best player admittedly but there is next to no competition for that tag tonight so it ain’t saying much and it certainly isn’t saying he was fantastic.

Agree with the last bit though - we were honking in almost every dept tonight and they were allegedly at or near their best and they still couldn’t win!! And the creatures behind the goal at the school end are animals who should be treated accordingly.

Dr Ian Malcolm

That was shite. We’ve been shite in the majority of first halves for weeks but we kept it up for 90 minutes tonight. That it’s still an issue beggars belief. Keep hearing from Naismith how important it is to start fast yet there’s no change. And we’ve stopped getting away with it.

Team selection was bizarre too. Not only did Atkinson keep his place, but lasted 90 mins. Incredible. Cochrane’s awareness is non existent and a clearly nowhere near match for Scott Fraser from the start was a disaster. Pretending Devlin is something he isn’t helps no-one.

No idea what the plan was but they all got away with making an absolute shop front of it. The worrying thing is that Saturday didn’t appear to put a rocket up anyone. Play similarly against Celtic and it’s a doing. We’re long overdue a convincing display against someone in this league. Results have been excellent for two and half months. Displays, not so much.

Just now, hearts00 said:

Mikey, are you joking?

We were the team more likely to win? That’s utter nonsense, we were dreadful tonight and Hibs were better than us. 

Hearts have been pretty shite in all 5 derbies under Naismith in truth. That shite tonight and the first game were by far the worst. 

1 minute ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

That was shite. We’ve been shite in the majority of first halves for weeks but we kept it up for 90 minutes tonight. That it’s still an issue beggars belief. Keep hearing from Naismith how important it is to start fast yet there’s no change. And we’ve stopped getting away with it.

Team selection was bizarre too. Not only did Atkinson keep his place, but lasted 90 mins. Incredible. Cochrane’s awareness is non existent and a clearly nowhere near match for Scott Fraser from the start was a disaster. Pretending Devlin is something he isn’t helps no-one.

No idea what the plan was but they all got away with making an absolute shop front of it. The worrying thing is that Saturday didn’t appear to put a rocket up anyone. Play similarly against Celtic and it’s a doing. We’re long overdue a convincing display against someone in this league. Results have been excellent for two and half months. Displays, not so much.

Cochrane is a chancer who repeatedly fails to learn from his mistakes. 

15 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Take the 'e' out your name...put a 'i' in  it's place

....and read it backwards

Take a g 2 os a t an r add an u and a d to your name .

And that's you ya fud

Go for it 1308
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Mikey, are you joking?

Best post on this thread 👏 

gregzy2k7

We were poor,

We have been poor in the last few matches imo,

Even against motherwell when we won, I didn't think we were great in that either,

We won't take anything from Celtic this weekend,

However we will still pish 3rd place, Because no team will take advantage of us being sloppy.

Looking at the fixtures for our run in, I still think we will finish the season on between 65-68 points and will be at least 15 points clear of 4th.

Season is all about the cup now imo.

Central Belt 1874
30 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Bad day at the office for sure. I just don't think I'll ever warm to Atkinson. Centre midfield needs a lot of work. If we really want to strengthen this squad we need to cut guys like Sibbick, Atkinson, Grant, Fraser, and possibly even Devlin.

I'd like to think this will be a priority for recruitment over the summer. Very poor and I'd not be looking forward to the European nights with these players all on the pitch at the same time.