WTF was all that about?????

Go for it 1308

Jim Panzee
19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I think it's because of last season when just about now we went into free fall and finished 4th. 

probably. but not a lot of thought being applied to counter this.

big problem last season was Nielsen & Snodgrass. Naismith isn't centering our entire game around 1 player.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

On 28/02/2024 at 23:39, vladisacoward said:

Hoff definitely was not fantastic. He was arguably our best player admittedly but there is next to no competition for that tag tonight so it ain’t saying much and it certainly isn’t saying he was fantastic.

Agree with the last bit though - we were honking in almost every dept tonight and they were allegedly at or near their best and they still couldn’t win!! And the creatures behind the goal at the school end are animals who should be treated accordingly.

He was the best player on the park by miles mate.

Exile fae Main Street

A week or so ago I was looking forward to this game....I pray it's not going to be the same old movie.. ...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Once in a blue moon is not enough.  His shooting in the main is really poor.

Bit like your posting, except you dont even hit once in a blue moon

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Eh?

Oops. Sorry about that was in a hurry for work and read your post completely wrong. :fing10:

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He seems to be agreeing with you!

Defo a few posters thatvhave been hiding for about 2 months then have suddenly found the time and effort to post  on here, to the point they seem to be enjoying themselves!

Having read it again when not in a hurry he was wasn't he. I've apologised. 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

These posters tend to hit the howling moon more often than not tho.

hearts00
1 hour ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

A week or so ago I was looking forward to this game....I pray it's not going to be the same old movie.. ...

With the news of Kent not even going to bother going or watching it. 

No interest in seeing us pumped by a pish Celtic team. 

Edited by hearts00

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Love your spirit :)

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No interest in seeing us pumped by a pish Celtic 

Hope you come back when you feel a bit better.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You don’t have anything to say so you resort to a crap put down.  You need to look at your own posting I think.

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oops. Sorry about that was in a hurry for work and read your post completely wrong. :fing10:

Nae sweat.

did wonder why some mild joshing directed at the pitchfork wielding contingent elicited such an angry retort.

Now? Next up is tonight's event for which tickets are still available.

it should be much fun.

I'm almost tempted to bring my Waiters Friend to chuck at Robbo and see if he can dodge it as skillfully as did Shankland.

I jest ...

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/an-evening-with-robbo-and-mackay

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, hearts00 said:

We PUMPED the so-called 'Invincibles'.

Man up ... 😆

Felix Lighter
On 29/02/2024 at 16:18, bobskeldon said:

Because he is murder! Giving him a contract will be a mistake. 

If it's up to the coaching staff Vargas will be a Hearts player next season. I hope it happens.

On 29/02/2024 at 16:20, GorgieFifeLife said:

His finishing is atrocious.

Granted, he needs to be more composed in those situations, an eagerness to endear himself likely doesn't help, where as ruthlessness does, it will come. He's 21, his first season, stepping up playing in a foreign country with a completely different playing culture, away from his young family, doesn't speak the language. Let's not forget a much older Shanks tried it in Belgium and seemingly didn't fair too well. 

Honestly, do folk never learn when it comes to judging players too early? The Hoff thread for example,  " ...happy to be proven wrong etc...".

I like to think I know a player and I reckon Vargas has the talent and the attitude to succeed here. He will imo have the pair of you posting happy, groveling humble pie nonsense in the not too distant future.  

Edited by Felix Lighter

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You don’t have anything to say so you resort to a crap put down.  You need to look at your own posting I think.

What? As opposed to your constant put downs aimed at Hearts?

Are you one of those posters 'presenting' as maroon but bogged down in greenish negativity?

One day you'll post something  +ve as regards Hearts but I, for one, am not holding my breath.

❤️❤️G❤️

Edited by Wee Mikey

Dougie Masterton
On 29/02/2024 at 17:11, Chuck Berry said:

We're strolling third place and in the Cup QF. We've lost 1 game in 15, winning 12 of them.

In your book, that's mediocrity. Are you sure you're even a Jambo?

I’ll vouch for Bob’s credentials. 

GorgieFifeLife
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

What? As opposed to your constant put downs aimed at Hearts?

Are you one of those posters 'presenting' as maroon but bogged down in greenish negativity?

One day you'll post something  +ve as regards Hearts but I, for one, am not holding my breath.

❤️❤️G❤️

You need to look a bit harder I’m afraid.  Good try but 0/10👍🏻

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You need to look a bit harder I’m afraid.  Good try but 0/10👍🏻

A song for you ...

Just back from the do at Tynie with Robbo, MacKay, and Scott Wilson playing a blinder.

Where were you?

Likely in yer bed.

Sweet dreams ... Lol ...

jamborich
On 28/02/2024 at 23:40, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

That was shite. We’ve been shite in the majority of first halves for weeks but we kept it up for 90 minutes tonight. That it’s still an issue beggars belief. Keep hearing from Naismith how important it is to start fast yet there’s no change. And we’ve stopped getting away with it.

Team selection was bizarre too. Not only did Atkinson keep his place, but lasted 90 mins. Incredible. Cochrane’s awareness is non existent and a clearly nowhere near match for Scott Fraser from the start was a disaster. Pretending Devlin is something he isn’t helps no-one.

No idea what the plan was but they all got away with making an absolute shop front of it. The worrying thing is that Saturday didn’t appear to put a rocket up anyone. Play similarly against Celtic and it’s a doing. We’re long overdue a convincing display against someone in this league. Results have been excellent for two and half months. Displays, not so much.

Please post your favoured eleven, curious 

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

If it's up to the coaching staff Vargas will be a Hearts player next season. I hope it happens.

Granted, he needs to be more composed in those situations, an eagerness to endear himself likely doesn't help, where as ruthlessness does, it will come. He's 21, his first season, stepping up playing in a foreign country with a completely different playing culture, away from his young family, doesn't speak the language. Let's not forget a much older Shanks tried it in Belgium and seemingly didn't fair too well. 

Honestly, do folk never learn when it comes to judging players too early? The Hoff thread for example,  " ...happy to be proven wrong etc...".

I like to think I know a player and I reckon Vargas has the talent and the attitude to succeed here. He will imo have the pair of you posting happy, groveling humble pie nonsense in the not too distant future.  

21yrs or otherwise. I think i would have had fingers poking his chest after Wed. If he continues to seek glory as a one man team, and hitting row Z, his team mates will start looking at other options before  giving him the ball. 

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

21yrs or otherwise. I think i would have had fingers poking his chest after Wed. If he continues to seek glory as a one man team, and hitting row Z, his team mates will start looking at other options before  giving him the ball. 

They need to coach him to be less rash with his shooting decisions.  

GorgieFifeLife
12 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

A song for you ...

Just back from the do at Tynie with Robbo, MacKay, and Scott Wilson playing a blinder.

Where were you?

Likely in yer bed.

Sweet dreams ... Lol ...

Hardman yeah? Keep hiding behind your keyboard loser.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They need to coach him to be less rash with his shooting decisions.  

No doubt, but he need to understand that a persistant ignoring of teamates in far better positions results in benchtime. Hopefully left in no doubt after Wed post match analysis. We could/should have stole that game,  2nd half.

If he does it tomm and buries zinger in top corner ill look silly tho 😁

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Wee Mikey
6 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I was merely joshing, ya daftie ... 😆

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Are you using a keyboard to post? 

GorgieFifeLife
11 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Are you using a keyboard to post? 

Yes posting using my Spectrum ZX👍🏻

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Yes posting using my Spectrum ZX👍🏻

Oooh nice retro gear. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

:rofl:

Felix Lighter
9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Aye, 'cause that's what he's doing right enough.

Do you think Shanks, Forrest or Boyce wouldn't be having pops at goal under the same circumstances?

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

No doubt, but he need to understand that a persistant ignoring of teamates in far better positions results in benchtime. Hopefully left in no doubt after Wed post match analysis. We could/should have stole that game,  2nd half.

If he does it tomm and buries zinger in top corner ill look silly tho 😁

He's not alone in not seeing the pass when it's a better alternative.

Chuck Berry
On 29/02/2024 at 17:22, bobskeldon said:

Mediocrity describes the way we play not our league position!!!! You must think we have played well all season? I remember when we came up under Neilson the first time, we were unbeaten in the first five games but we were dreadful!

Still mediocre Bob?

bobskeldon
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Still mediocre Bob?

Today No. But Wednesday yes, last Saturday yes and Motherwell yes, Airdrie yes, St Johnstone(a) yes, Dundee (a) yes, Aberdeen yes, Dundee (h) yes, Spartans yes, How far do you want me to go back just so you can say “I told you so”, deary me!

Jeremy Goss
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Today No. But Wednesday yes, last Saturday yes and Motherwell yes, Airdrie yes, St Johnstone(a) yes, Dundee (a) yes, Aberdeen yes, Dundee (h) yes, Spartans yes, How far do you want me to go back just so you can say “I told you so”, deary me!

Deary me

Chuck Berry
20 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Lol 😆 

8 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Still mediocre Bob?

Bob himself is mediocre. Forum fan, rarely a supporter. 😏

Benny Klack
6 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Deary me, there is doubling down…. and then there is doubling down 😳