WTF was all that about?????

Go for it 1308

Robbo-Jambo

We need half a dozen players in at least in the summer.

So much deadwood to get rid of.

Atkinson, Sibbick, Grant, Fraser, Tagawa for a start.

No doubt Benni, Dexter and Shanks will be off as well.

Oda, Vargas, Boyce, Devlin hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Halkett and McKay, well who knows, constantly injured 

Major rebuilding job to be done for next season imo 😏.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• Go for it 1308

• bobskeldon

bobskeldon
12 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

It's amazing posters like you weren't posting stuff like this during the 10 wins and a draw run.

Just biding your time I guess.

Just about as lazy as I expected. Did you not notice my reference to being dismissed in my original post. Why not just tell everyone why you disagree with rather than just reverting to type? 
I will make it as simple as your responses…what exactly do we do well as a team? Yes or No would be good.

Do we move the ball quickly?

Do we move the ball forward enough?

Do we have any midfield  players who can get us up the park?

Do we have anyone who can consistently play through the lines?

Do we have any pace anywhere in the team other than the two I highlighted?

Did we defend corners well last night?

I assume you will answer yes to all the above given your lack of having any thoughts on anything specific relating to how we play! 

Opinionated Jambo
24 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Vargas hanging on by the skin of his teeth? How?

pettigrewsstylist
26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You missed out LB.

bobskeldon
2 minutes ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Because he is murder! Giving him a contract will be a mistake. 

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

His finishing is atrocious.

Opinionated Jambo
Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Last night atleast one of his chances should’ve been a goal, the fact he didn’t hit a target is frustrating. I still don’t think he’s hanging on by the skin of his teeth though? Room for improvement, yes definitely

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, it is worrying.  Don’t think we will really see Naismith’s stamp on this team until next season though when he gets rid of some of the deadwood and strengthens a few areas. 

Not sure getting all that £££££  was part of his hiring interview tho....

Spend enough to get 3rd and then get spanked every time you step out that box is really best we can hope for on wages that you can get in Englands League 2.

Not getting 3rd last yr and missing our group stage whipping money was really annoying.

Need to ensure we get next yrs as i beleive it to be last on offer.

God forbid anyone outside OF wins cup 😳

Chuck Berry
22 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Just about as lazy as I expected. Did you not notice my reference to being dismissed in my original post. Why not just tell everyone why you disagree with rather than just reverting to type? 
I will make it as simple as your responses…what exactly do we do well as a team? Yes or No would be good.

Do we move the ball quickly?

Do we move the ball forward enough?

Do we have any midfield  players who can get us up the park?

Do we have anyone who can consistently play through the lines?

Do we have any pace anywhere in the team other than the two I highlighted?

Did we defend corners well last night?

I assume you will answer yes to all the above given your lack of having any thoughts on anything specific relating to how we play! 

True though.  We've been tearing up trees the last dozen games without a peep from you apart from the odd criticism, now that the run has come to an end you're in with both feet, you couldn't wait.

I don't see anyone on here saying we're anything near the finished article, but you coming out with  "What defines us  just now is mediocrity!"   doesn't deserve much of a response frankly. It's tragic.

Edited by Chuck Berry

40 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Made me chuckle!
The first thing you need to do before getting rid of anyone is identify a player is better. Who can we afford that are better than the players  your describe as "deadwood".
I often think it would be good to get rif of the "deadwood" on kickback.:kirk:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Pure shite the way he took that ball out of the air, rolled Motherwell defender and pinged it in the corner, raging with that I was

Chuck Berry
23 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

🤣

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Last night proved a few things. 

We need another experienced striker up front with Shankland, he cannot do it all by himself and needs an equally good partner.  This will cost money, but it will cost us games if we don't do it, especially when we struggle to break teams down as we do. Vargas, Oda, Tagawa etc. all fine as sub players, but they haven't shown that they have what it takes to form a good starting partnership with Shankland. We don't keep him happy, and scoring goals, he will be offski before long. 

Right Back continues to be our weak link, and we need to address that.  Again, it's going to cost money to get an impact not a project player. 

Beni is likely off, and I would like to see us replace him with someone with a bit more attacking instinct and vision. You can't pass forwards all the time, but he can be frustrating to watch at times. 

I'd argue we need an experienced centre back. Not someone to top up the pension pot, but not a young lad either. Someone who will run through brick walls and will make sure they get on the end of everything. We make far too many silly mistakes through fannying about. There is still room for a Webster or a Pressley style player in the modern game, you just need to use them properly.  Let them deal with the defensive work, and let others do the passing and pressing game. 

We need experience and quality in a few key areas, and we're going to need to spend some money to do it. The team is good enough, but needs to be better, especially when we talk about wanting to win cups and go on European runs. 

Good post.  Can't disagree with anything.

bobskeldon
8 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

True though.  We've been tearing up trees the last dozen games without a peep from you apart from the odd criticism, now that the run has come to an end you're in with both feet, you couldn't wait.

I don't see anyone on here saying we're anything near the finished article, but you coming out with  "What defines us  just now is mediocrity!"   doesn't deserve much of a response frankly. It's tragic.

At least you’re reasonably specific now. Just because I don’t spend my time posting on here doesn’t mean that my thoughts/criticisms are new or as a result of two very poor performances! That’s an assumption on your part that simply makes you feel better about your lack of clarity about how we play, or in this case, how we don’t play. I will ask again, what specifically do you think we do well? 

bobskeldon
30 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Tearing up trees, you need to get a seat that faces the pitch!

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

At least you’re reasonably specific now. Just because I don’t spend my time posting on here doesn’t mean that my thoughts/criticisms are new or as a result of two very poor performances! That’s an assumption on your part that simply makes you feel better about your lack of clarity about how we play, or in this case, how we don’t play. I will ask again, what specifically do you think we do well? 

Hopefully we win again and then you get too busy to post, again.

"Don't spend my life on here,  don't spend my time on here, but when we get beat, or draw - hawd ma beer, I've suddenly got lots of time."

Type post(s).

To answer your daft question -We  "get" to 3rd place "well".

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Tearing up trees, you need to get a seat that faces the pitch!

We're strolling third place and in the Cup QF. We've lost 1 game in 15, winning 12 of them.

In your book, that's mediocrity. Are you sure you're even a Jambo?

dannymack

Rangers 5 v 0 Heart of Midlothian 

Heart of Midlothian 1 v 1 hibs

Kickback Meltdown ! 😂

Screenshot_20240229_171445_GOAL Live Scores.jpg

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Last night proved a few things. 

We need another experienced striker up front with Shankland, he cannot do it all by himself and needs an equally good partner.  This will cost money, but it will cost us games if we don't do it, especially when we struggle to break teams down as we do. Vargas, Oda, Tagawa etc. all fine as sub players, but they haven't shown that they have what it takes to form a good starting partnership with Shankland. We don't keep him happy, and scoring goals, he will be offski before long. 

Right Back continues to be our weak link, and we need to address that.  Again, it's going to cost money to get an impact not a project player. 

Beni is likely off, and I would like to see us replace him with someone with a bit more attacking instinct and vision. You can't pass forwards all the time, but he can be frustrating to watch at times. 

I'd argue we need an experienced centre back. Not someone to top up the pension pot, but not a young lad either. Someone who will run through brick walls and will make sure they get on the end of everything. We make far too many silly mistakes through fannying about. There is still room for a Webster or a Pressley style player in the modern game, you just need to use them properly.  Let them deal with the defensive work, and let others do the passing and pressing game. 

We need experience and quality in a few key areas, and we're going to need to spend some money to do it. The team is good enough, but needs to be better, especially when we talk about wanting to win cups and go on European runs. 

I agree, our attack is starting to seriously piss me off. We're painfully reliant on Shanks to do everything. I have no issues with him scoring all the goals and play being directed through him, but the problem is that there are so little contributions of note from everyone else. Its not a case of him making them look bad, so much as them looking utterly rudderless if they can't get the ball to him - which is happening more frequently, especially against the better teams in the league. I don't know if its as simple as upgrading our wide options? Boyce if used sparingly as back up for Shanks, should be a reasonable enough option. No good striker is going to sign up to sit on the bench, so we might be a little stuck here. 

I don't think we replaced Michael Smith and its telling. Atkinson and Dexter clearly can do find against bottom end teams, but the trouble is for Natty that his performances against Rangers and Hibs was piss poor. 

Beni leaving actually doesn't worry me. Yes, he's a brilliant ball winning midfielder, but the trouble is exactly as you say, he has no attacking instinct or vision. Him being in the final 3rd is utterly redundant. Scared to shoot, and lacks the vision to see passes that could be on (forwards). I think McCauley Tait could be a fine replacement for him, but I wonder if we're a year too early? I've said Jeando Fuchs all season, and I'll keep saying it. 

I think you're right. Kingsley has no business playing right of a back 3. Its clearly a makeshift move, but we should have enough depth to play a first 11 without needing to do that. Sibbick obviously not trusted, so I suppose we need another CB, maybe that is Neilson? Although folk weren't impressed by his recent game that was on the TV. Plenty of decent CBs kicking about, so not too worried, although I agree that it needs to be addressed in the summer. Would maybe argue we could go for a younger type that could take direction from Kent & Rowles though. Ross Graham would be availible in the summer for a nominal fee I think? Big 6"6 laddie, so would tick those boxes, although I'd question if we maybe need more of a ball player? That way Kent is flanked by options if we play a back 3. Alternatively, sign Stuart Findlay and play him in the middle (lefty) with Rowles to his left and Kent to his right. Would be a more formidable defence IMO. 

bobskeldon
9 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

We're strolling third place and in the Cup QF. We've lost 1 game in 15, winning 12 of them.

In your book, that's mediocrity. Are you sure you're even a Jambo?

Mediocrity describes the way we play not our league position!!!! You must think we have played well all season? I remember when we came up under Neilson the first time, we were unbeaten in the first five games but we were dreadful!

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

Because his finishing usually ends up in Gorgie Road.

Robbo-Jambo
53 minutes ago, H2 said:

Made me chuckle!
The first thing you need to do before getting rid of anyone is identify a player is better. Who can we afford that are better than the players  your describe as "deadwood".
I often think it would be good to get rif of the "deadwood" on kickback.:kirk:

Made me piss myself.

If you don't think we can bring in better than these deadwood players mentioned God help us.

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Mediocrity describes the way we play not our league position!!!! You must think we have played well all season? I remember when we came up under Neilson the first time, we were unbeaten in the first five games but we were dreadful!

Excellent, if mediocrity means 28 points from 30, more please.

6 hours ago, H2 said:

Regretfully it was all about a Hibs  team that looked hungrier than a Hearts team. That frankly is not acceptable.
If they work hard, we have to work harder.

I don't think this is really fair. I thought some of the last-ditch defending last night was very good and there was no lack of effort from the players. I just think that too many of our players were panicking on the ball and I suspect a large part of that was a hangover from the defeat at Ibrox, which must have knocked their confidence. 

I also think the other issue is - as others have pointed out - how we are so reliant on Shankland for the goals. I've been going on about it for years now, but we really lack a quality number 10. Vargas and Forest are both decent wide players, but time and again there are crosses and second balls in the penalty area which are just crying out for an attacking midfielder making a late run into the box. Until we carry more of a threat from midfield I really struggle to see us competing for silverware. 

Monsieur Maroon
54 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Rangers 5 v 0 Heart of Midlothian 

Heart of Midlothian 1 v 1 hibs

Kickback Meltdown ! 😂

Screenshot_20240229_171445_GOAL Live Scores.jpg

Some of the posts on here are so obviously from interlopers. Strolling third. Major rebuilding? More like minor tweaks this summer.

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Pure shite the way he took that ball out of the air, rolled Motherwell defender and pinged it in the corner, raging with that I was

Once in a blue moon is not enough.  His shooting in the main is really poor.

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

He will make us millions. Going to turn out to be a fantastic player. If he’d come through our youth system everyone would be ecstatic. 

Hearts1975
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did more than enough to win the game after a slow start.

Vargas had to score one of his chances.

Don't think we deserved to win the game based on our performance 

They would argue the same thing, and take the maroon tints off, they had just as many chances, if not more, than us 

It's a draw, not a defeat. They played as well as they could, and we can play a lot better than that. 

Need a good performance at the weekend. 

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You have just listed 60% of the squad!

WageThief
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I posted before ( I can't remember the game ) but SN was telling a sub player what he wanted him to do, turned away as the player approached the line and FM tried to get his oar in, SN forced his way between FM and player to stop him interfering.

🤣 I presume they didn't teach you to think for yourself in the armed forces?

KyleLafferty

Nobody in Scotland plays flair football. It’s all about being effective which we are. Too many people watching English football and playing fifa.

dannymack
1 hour ago, Monsieur Maroon said:

Some of the posts on here are so obviously from interlopers. Strolling third. Major rebuilding? More like minor tweaks this summer.

They're easily upset and hard to please,same feckin idiots who booed the team off at Dens Park and the like 😂

Des Lynam

The problem was down the right. We had no threat down that side. I can’t see where Fraser fits into this team. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

You have just listed 60% of the squad!

😭. I know.

The slow starts, even during the 11 wins in 12, has to addressed.

It may sound simplistic but what works after changes are made in the 2nd half can work from kick off.

We've done quite well since promotion in 2021, sometimes very well, but we will not progress further until the first half mediocrity is tackled.

Ftr, I mentioned this issue even during our good run. It's not a knee jerk to an Ibrox pumping and a draw with the emailers.

The major rebuild in the summer is all hinged on Beni and Shankland. If both leave, we all of a sudden look a lot worse. Neither are easy to replace, Shankland is impossible unless it's 2 players and even that both need to be good - around the 15 goals each mark. 

Replacing Beni will be hard, we have signed so many midfielders that are gash, going back years. 

Finlay James
4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Winning is all that matters and we are doing that in spades this season.  You need to open your eyes, even the top teams play poorly but grind out results.

Bongo 1874
13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Winning is all that matters and we are doing that in spades this season.  You need to open your eyes, even the top teams play poorly but grind out results.

You are correct,but there is major weaknesses and flaws that need corrected.

Seymour M Hersh

Jesus H Christ. This thread. Have the anti management mob been saving up all their ammo for a couple of poor results? 

Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Jesus H Christ. This thread. Have the anti management mob been saving up all their ammo for a couple of poor results? 

Just imagine the pressure building up over such a lengthy spell of good form. Oh, the blessed relief of a defeat and a derby draw! 🙃

Edited by Wee Mikey

trotter

My one and only reply to this shitshow of a thread is to highlight the amount of non-regular posters on it. 

Coincidence? Make of it what you will. 

Hearts1975
12 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If that's the case, then feck knows what the rest of the spl sides will need to do, out with the OF. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just imagine the pressure building up over such a lengthy spell of good form. Oh, the blessed relief of a defeat and a derby draw! 🙃

Oh aye, because, that's exactly what I said. Your head's somewhere the sun doesn't shine. 

GBJambo

**** sake one defeat away to rangers and a home draw against hibs and it’s a case of everybody oot 🤣

Wee Mikey
24 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh aye, because, that's exactly what I said. Your head's somewhere the sun doesn't shine. 

Eh?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He seems to be agreeing with you!

Defo a few posters thatvhave been hiding for about 2 months then have suddenly found the time and effort to post  on here, to the point they seem to be enjoying themselves!

Jim Panzee

strange how our position in the league table seems to be forgotten by some on here.

tends to be the way that football teams are judged over a long period of time I believe.

14 hours ago, stirlo said:

I don't think this is really fair. I thought some of the last-ditch defending last night was very good and there was no lack of effort from the players. I just think that too many of our players were panicking on the ball and I suspect a large part of that was a hangover from the defeat at Ibrox, which must have knocked their confidence. 

I also think the other issue is - as others have pointed out - how we are so reliant on Shankland for the goals. I've been going on about it for years now, but we really lack a quality number 10. Vargas and Forest are both decent wide players, but time and again there are crosses and second balls in the penalty area which are just crying out for an attacking midfielder making a late run into the box. Until we carry more of a threat from midfield I really struggle to see us competing for silverware. 

What's not fair? I agree some of the last ditch defending was excellent, and I agree in the main there was a lot of effort. But - why did we need to do last ditch defending? The answer is simple, they look hungrier than us.

15 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Made me piss myself.

If you don't think we can bring in better than these deadwood players mentioned God help us.

I really don't know, but can you identify who realistically we can bring in that is better? (also take into account contracts and finance of course). 

jr ewing
22 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

strange how our position in the league table seems to be forgotten by some on here.

tends to be the way that football teams are judged over a long period of time I believe.

I think it's because of last season when just about now we went into free fall and finished 4th.