*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith who i am a fan off,will rightly be judged in big games.

We were pish first half against Motherwell, we were nowhere near it at Ibrox, and last night,the tempo and intensity wasn't there.

You had players allowing Rocky to stroll out from the back with the ball.

Emiliano had the freedom of Tynecastle, our press was no existent.

They are paid good money to get it right.

Why are we so far off it?

I demand to know, how Kilmarnock gave Rangers a better game than us.

And don't bother saying the pitch,Because both teams play on it.

He'll be judged on league finishes and cup performances.

Unlike you, the board and most fans won't bounce about like Winnie the pooh on speed after a bad half, bad result or even bad form.

Your demands are as frankly irrelevant as they are ridiculous. 

But you must know that.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

I'd be raging if that penalty was gave against me as a player and we would all be raging if that was given against us 

Yip, I was raging.....

It should have been a red card anaw, clear scoring chance taken away by a career ending tackle.....

:av-1001:

Bazzas right boot

If that pk was awarded for hibs with Boyle being " fouled" everybody would be raging.

It wasn’t,  it was our player so he was cruelly hacked down just as he was about to score. 

Football fans, ehh?

Anyone trying to seriously suggest it was a foul and Vargas never flung himself down in the Hope of "winning " a pk is having  a laugh.

The best bit is,  the ref never ****ed it once, he checked and ****ed it again. 

Our refs are really poor.

Nah luck ya hibs chumps.

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nope 31/5/2025 as per trnasfermarket and here’s and article form june 2022 when he signed a 3year deal https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jorge-grant-signs-hearts-peterborough-27334336

Ahh i got mixed up there, I thought you were talking about Phillips’ contract! Apologies

Edited by Chimp

15 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ahh i got mixed up there, I thought you were talking about Phillips’ contract! Apologies

👍

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He'll be judged on league finishes and cup performances.

Unlike you, the board and most fans won't bounce about like Winnie the pooh on speed after a bad half, bad result or even bad form.

Your demands are as frankly irrelevant as they are ridiculous. 

But you must know that.

My demands are ridiculous, My demand to give 100% over 90 plus minutes. 

To not sit off teams,to press them and force mistakes,rather than sitting admiring them knock it about us?

My demand to be competitive against the Old Firm?

To not concede 5 goals and give them a game ?

Yeah my demands are unrealistic 🤔🙄.

Then the cheap insults really 😂🤣.

Is that what you resort too.

Edited by Bongo 1874

davemclaren

If that pk was awarded for hibs with Boyle being " fouled" everybody would be raging.

It wasn’t,  it was our player so he was cruelly hacked down just as he was about to score. 

Football fans, ehh?

Anyone trying to seriously suggest it was a foul and Vargas never flung himself down in the Hope of "winning " a pk is having  a laugh.

Nah luck ya hibs chumps.

I thought the barge just before the Vargas incident was a better shout for a pen. 

Hearts1975
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Vargas had just squared it to him Grant would have scored the winner.  His positioning and ability to read the play is much better than he is given credit for. 

I do like him as a player, but I just feel that he has the ability, that he could at times maybe get involved more, rather than play on the peripheral. 

I also think he maybe needs a run of games as he is in and out of the side. 

Hearts1975
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's played about 3 ****ing times!

He has, yes. I said in another thread, after thinking about it a bit more, that he maybe does need more games and to get up to speed. 

My issue is that he looks well off the pace and that's really surprising considering he has been playing regularly down south. 

I get he will need time to get used to his teammates and fully understand that aspect of it, but putting that to one side, he looks very very slow .. 

The point I'm making is that by the time he gets up to speed, most of the season will probably be gone.

Bunny Munro

The more I see the foul on Vargas the more convinced I am it IS  a penalty. Fish goes in, tries to get out the way, but catches him. Accidental, and soft, but it's a foul for me.

Vargas throws himself to the ground but that's totally irrelevant. He's clipped.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To not sit off teams,to press them and force mistakes,rather than sitting admiring them knock it about us?

Every team can give 100%, you don't know what our players give or do not.

For me we gave 100%.

It's a daft thing  to complain about, unless a player pulls out a six pack of lager and sits down for a drink, I don't know how you can decide who is giving 100% and who isn't. 

You just make it up, anyone can point and spout that shite. It's not tangible or measurable unless it's extreme.

No one admired anything. You made that up.

You can demand all you want, but the OF fans likley demand they beat every one and that they should beat everyone due to the gulf in quality.

Every team and fans have demands.

Your petty tantrums and made up stuff in you head mean nothing. 

You get a stauner about challenging the OF and next level when it's just all made up in your head and when a bit reality hits you just reach, really reach for moans.

One may as well say I want us to win the league and then the ucl. I can say it 1000 times, but it doesn't make it realistic. 

I've watched football for 40 years, hammerings  happen. I've seen us hand out hammerings and I've seen us receive them. Every team, every league- Get your petted lip of the ground, it does happen. You seem way too shocked to be a reasonable football fan.

Your posting seems to indicate you  have very low resilience and really don't deal well with adversity- you go in the huff.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I thought the barge just before the Vargas incident was a better shout for a pen. 

None were a pk imo.

Bongo 1874

Every team can give 100%, you don't know what our players give or do not.

For me we gave 100%.

It's a daft thing  to complain about, unless a player pulls out a six pack of lager and sits down for a drink, I don't know how you can decide who is giving 100% and who isn't. 

You just make it up, anyone can point and spout that shite. It's not tangible or measurable unless it's extreme.

No one admired anything. You made that up.

You can demand all you want, but the OF fans likley demand they beat every one and that they should beat everyone due to the gulf in quality.

Every team and fans have demands.

Your petty tantrums and made up stuff in you head mean nothing. 

You get a stauner about challenging the OF and next level when it's just all made up in your head and when a bit reality hits you just reach, really reach for moans.

One may as well say I want us to win the league and then the ucl. I can say it 1000 times, but it doesn't make it realistic. 

I've watched football for 40 years, hammerings  happen. I've seen us hand out hammerings and I've seen us receive them. Every team, every league- Get your petted lip of the ground, it does happen. You seem way too shocked to be a reasonable football fan.

Your posting seems to indicate you  have very low resilience and really don't deal well with adversity- you go in the huff.

Slaver bomb.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

None were a pk imo.

What were they then? 2 Hearts players barged off the ball without either Miller or Fish touching the ball, please do explain why either wasn't a foul.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Spot on, Ignore him he’s clueless and wanted Hibs to win a Scottish cup final ffs 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤪!!  

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

What were they then? 2 Hearts players barged off the ball without either Miller or Fish touching the ball, please do explain why either wasn't a foul.

According to him the players gave 100% last night.

That's the best they had to offer, then we are seriously in trouble.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

The more I see the foul on Vargas the more convinced I am it IS  a penalty. Fish goes in, tries to get out the way, but catches him. Accidental, and soft, but it's a foul for me.

Vargas throws himself to the ground but that's totally irrelevant. He's clipped.

Its a penalty today in our game, 2024 not 1979. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He has, yes. I said in another thread, after thinking about it a bit more, that he maybe does need more games and to get up to speed. 

My issue is that he looks well off the pace and that's really surprising considering he has been playing regularly down south. 

I get he will need time to get used to his teammates and fully understand that aspect of it, but putting that to one side, he looks very very slow .. 

The point I'm making is that by the time he gets up to speed, most of the season will probably be gone.

As you said he’s played plenty of games this season, Dexter at 20 having never played up here has adapted well, as opposed to someone whos played well over a hundred games here. 

Hearts1975
5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

None were a pk imo.

Not the Forrest one, their defender used his body to shield him from the ball, that's in the rules.

The Vargas one. He went to ground very easily, but at the end of the day, their defender ran out, wasn't looking where he was going, and clearly caught Vargas with his trailing foot. 

The reason the pen was given , quite simply, is that Vargas knocked the ball to the side, just before contact was made, therefore the ref knew that had the contact not been made, Vargas would have still had the ball under his own control. 

It all happened quite quickly but pretty certain that's exactly why the ref gave the pen. He saw what we all saw, and would have needed a good reason to uphold his original decision. 

Hearts1975
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As you said he’s played plenty of games this season, Dexter at 20 having never played up here has adapted well, as opposed to someone whos played well over a hundred games here. 

He did make a valid point in that it's only 3 games he has played, but it was the lack of pace, and energy, that was a bit of a surprise. It's just this. Not even talking about footballing ability.

I just think with denholm, Tait, Grant etc do we actually need someone, but who will take a few months to get up to speed. ?

Maybe the plan is to get him ready and sign him once the season finishes. Who knows. One things for sure, he will have to be a hell of a lot faster to make it, and make the position his own. 

manaliveits105
55 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The Vargas one. He went to ground very easily, but at the end of the day, their defender ran out, wasn't looking where he was going, and clearly caught Vargas with his trailing foot. 

100% that is why it was a clear penalty 

allystrachan
10 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

BBC just showed the penalty incident, they chose the foul on Forest🤣

To be fair, after seeing the highlights I think that was more likely the foul. 

What’s to say that VAR didn’t say to the ref, we think you missed the Foul on Forrest & got the one on Vargas wrong, come check the screen. Ref checks both fouls & agrees that it’s the Forrest one that is the penalty? I haven’t heard any pundit say that & likely the ref should gesture it but zero contact on the ball over two two tackles within 2 seconds…. Let’s just say I will take it.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Not the Forrest one, their defender used his body to shield him from the ball, that's in the rules.

The reason the pen was given , quite simply, is that Vargas knocked the ball to the side, just before contact was made, therefore the ref knew that had the contact not been made, Vargas would have still had the ball under his own control. 

It all happened quite quickly but pretty certain that's exactly why the ref gave the pen. He saw what we all saw, and would have needed a good reason to uphold his original decision. 

I didn't think he did " catch him", contact doesn't mean a pk.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

If you touch someone,  it doesn't always mean it's a foul.

Thankfully the ref agreed with you tho!

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Slaver bomb.

More likley a truth bomb, hence your uncharacteristically short reply. 

Bazzas right boot
Posted (edited)

Giving 100% is different from giving their best.

This is you mistake,  you've typed it up and the penny still hasn't dropped.

I could give 100% on the pitch , but would still be utter shite.

Players can give effort but still play poorly.

If you are stating that certain players on the pitch we're lazy and never tried their best then you really are becoming more and more clueless. 

I thought you couldn't best your post about dropping Shankland but your posting is like Aberdeen atm, just when I think you've posted a belter and can't do worse, you top it with even more nonsense.

"We're in serious trouble"... from a guy that was happy with Stendel as we crashed to BOTTOM of the league.

I mean, do you reflect at all or have a strand of logic when you post, or do you just smash your keyboard?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Personally don't doubt the players gave their all but were just off it on weds night and even being off it took a point which to me shows how far ahead we are of them

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Giving 100% is different from giving their best.

This is you mistake,  you've typed it up and the penny still hasn't dropped.

I could give 100% on the pitch , but would still be utter shite.

Players can give effort but still play poorly.

If you are stating that certain players on the pitch we're lazy and never tried their best then you really are becoming more and more clueless. 

I thought you couldn't best your post about dropping Shankland but your posting is like Aberdeen atm, just when I think you've posted a belter and can't do worse, you top it with even more nonsense.

"We're in serious trouble"... from a guy that was happy with Stendel as we crashed to BOTTOM of the league.

I mean, do you reflect at all or have a strand of logic when you post, or do you just smash your keyboard?

Have a day off man FFS. 

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

It wasn't this that caused Vargas to fall over, it was the barge on the side of the hip. Watch the zoomed in slow mo again and you'll see it clear as day.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

You are on the wind up Bazz. Are you suggesting that Forrest and Vargas both hit the canvas with minimal contact? So, both were dives?

Hearts1975

I didn't think he did " catch him", contact doesn't mean a pk.

Foot on foot! 9 times out of 10, that would result in a penalty. Defender left his leg in. Vargas made the most of it but he wasn't the one trailing his leg. He was standing still. 

As I said, I think the fact that Vargas knocked the ball to one side, but not too hard, just before contact was made, actually got him the penalty. 

Tommy Brown
16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Football fans, ehh?

Nah luck ya hibs chumps.

it is one one those that look different in Slow motion.

Vargas exaggerated it too much.

In normal speed, his foot is clipped and he gets bodychecked enough to put him over.

Penalty all day long and FTH:lol:

edit

@Chimp osted seconds before me

It wasn't this that caused Vargas to fall over, it was the barge on the side of the hip. Watch the zoomed in slow mo again and you'll see it clear as day.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

I will watch it again but at the time,  pretty sure Vargas went down clutching his foot, and that was more than obvious. 

If the ref saw it as the contact being made from his hip, I would have thought he wouldn't have awarded it  

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

I will watch it again but at the time,  pretty sure Vargas went down clutching his foot, and that was more than obvious. 

If the ref saw it as the contact being made from his hip, I would have thought he wouldn't have awarded it  

it was both acts that he gives the penalty for imo

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yeah there was definitely contact on his foot, but the barge is more of a foul imo.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

it was both acts that he gives the penalty for imo

Yeah I agree probably a combination of both. Maybe soft, but it's a foul regardless especially when you look at both incidents.

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, allystrachan said:

To be fair, after seeing the highlights I think that was more likely the foul. 

What’s to say that VAR didn’t say to the ref, we think you missed the Foul on Forrest & got the one on Vargas wrong, come check the screen. Ref checks both fouls & agrees that it’s the Forrest one that is the penalty? I haven’t heard any pundit say that & likely the ref should gesture it but zero contact on the ball over two two tackles within 2 seconds…. Let’s just say I will take it.

I agree with you. The foul on Vargas looked accidental at worst with the H1B5 player trying to avoid contact (unsuccessfully), while the foul on Forrest was a straightforward barge.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He did make a valid point in that it's only 3 games he has played, but it was the lack of pace, and energy, that was a bit of a surprise. It's just this. Not even talking about footballing ability.

I just think with denholm, Tait, Grant etc do we actually need someone, but who will take a few months to get up to speed. ?

Maybe the plan is to get him ready and sign him once the season finishes. Who knows. One things for sure, he will have to be a hell of a lot faster to make it, and make the position his own. 

Yeah it was a pointless signing really, he has shown absolutely nothing so far and who knows where he is supposed to be playing. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree with you. The foul on Vargas looked accidental at worst with the H1B5 player trying to avoid contact (unsuccessfully), while the foul on Forrest was a straightforward barge.

Accidental fouls are still fouls ffs

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

He wasn’t clutching anything 

Pasquale for King

Its 2024, its a foul, it’s a penalty, end of story.
Another poor start with the wrong team and awful performance where they outfought, outplayed us and should’ve won. Folk are arguing about a penalty.

Can we focus on the important stuff?

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another poor start with the wrong team and awful performance where they outfought, outplayed us and should’ve won. Folk are arguing about a penalty.

This.

Tommy Brown
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

THIS!!!    **** THE HIBS!!!!!!   :lol:

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

THIS!!!    **** THE HIBS!!!!!!   :lol:

Always, missed that bit out 🤬🤦🏽.

Ex member of the SaS
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just to pour cold water on your argument. Many years ago we had a player sent off after an incident with one of the bigot clubs. My memory is shot but things do sometimes stick, but I think it was Celtic's Forrest and near the half way line. After the game the ref stated that there doesn't need to be contact for it to be a foul. Now you agree there WAS contact and had this been one of the bigot teams there would not be this discussion in the first place. Penalty to Rangers!

Edit: On sportscene the pundit claiming Fish didn't see him and was booting the ball up the park. So now it's not a foul or penalty if you claim you never saw the player! madness!

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Foot on foot! 9 times out of 10, that would result in a penalty. Defender left his leg in. Vargas made the most of it but he wasn't the one trailing his leg. He was standing still. 

As I said, I think the fact that Vargas knocked the ball to one side, but not too hard, just before contact was made, actually got him the penalty. 

It was very soft and imo shouldn't have been a pk.

You do.

Fair doos.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Accidental fouls are still fouls ffs

Indeed, but the suggestion is that after the review, the pen the ref gives is for the foul on Forrest not the one on Vargas. the ref is not obliged to tell the defenders which one of the two fouls he was giving the penalty for. It's quite possible that the ref missed the first foul, gave the second, but then changed his mind and gave the one on Forrest as it came first.

Hearts1975
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It was very soft and imo shouldn't have been a pk.

You do.

Fair doos.

It's ok to have different opinions. No issue with that.