*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, One five said:

I wouldn’t give Fraser a contract tbh we need better than that.

Neither would I, he’s pish so far! 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

heartsfc_fan

Sloppy. Some occasional good bits but we didn't play that well tonight.

Pass marks for Kent, Hoff and Shankland but the rest 👎

Not convinced with Fraser. Atkinson can't defend.

Could have gone either way. A bit more composure from vargas and we would have scored.

But Frankie Kent? What a player. Love how committed he is to us. Proper Jambo hope he's here for years.

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He can take a corner. Wish we had someone who could do that.

Ran the game. 

Wish we had someone who could do that too. 

Thought he was outstanding. 

Robbo-Jambo
17 minutes ago, JWL said:

Awful performance. Hibs deserved to win, we were brutal. Absolutely no positive reaction to Saturday. Worrying.

Sums it up for me.

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Typo on my part, I wouldn’t either.

3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Sloppy. Some occasional good bits but we didn't play that well tonight.

Pass marks for Kent, Hoff and Shankland but the rest 👎

Not convinced with Fraser. Atkinson can't defend.

Be disappointed if Fraser here after the summer.

8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Lucky to get a point out of that, we were woeful for 90 minutes! Worst home performance of the season for me! 

I’ve been very complimentary of Naisy and the way he’s changed games with tactical subs of late, but he got tonight very wrong! 

Shoving Devlin up front was awful, and then when he got booked he was absolutely anonymous after that and he failed to act. 

I really like Pollock as a player, but to chuck him on when he did after so long out wasn’t right at all, the game was screaming out for Tait, I know they’re different players but he’s been a man bang in form lately and to not give him a subs role was poor! 

We needed subs around the half hour mark when it was clear Fraser is pish, but he done a Robbie and waited until 60 mins ish, why? He’s usually quicker at changing than that! Was it the pressure of a derby? 

We got a point but we were lucky to get that point, and we should never be saying that at home to that shite! 

Agree. Pollock was a bizarre sub.  It wasn’t 2-0 up at home v St Mirren and give the laddie a run out after being away for so long.  

Why not Tait?   He’s proven himself from the bench numerous times and has a quality and style that would’ve maybe helped put more pressure on Hibs later on.   It’s almost like Naismith was happy to take the draw if it happened because the Pollock sub didn’t make any sense or have any substance.   (Btw, I like Pollock from what I saw of him ages ago, it’s nothing against him)

Edited by Debut 4

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I have to agree..he had s couple of good saves but I did not feel comfortable with him tonight. The goal was a shambles between Clark and the defence, fumbled and poor distribution (as you said)..

I would get Gordon on for Celtic. What do we have to loose?

Quite a few folk around me asking the same question, he was slow out at the goal also.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree. Pollock was a bizarre sub.  It wasn’t 2-0 up at home v St Mirren and give the laddie a run out after being away for so long.  

Why not Tait?   He’s proven himself from the bench numerous times and has a quality and style that would’ve maybe helped putting more pressure on Hibs later on.   It’s almost like Naismith was happy to take the draw if it happened because the Pollock sub didn’t make any sense or have any substance.   (Btw, I like Pollock from what I saw of him ages ago, it’s nothing against him)

Agree with everything there mate 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Why not Tait?   He’s proven himself from the bench numerous times and has a quality and style that would’ve maybe helped put more pressure on Hibs later on.   It’s almost like Naismith was happy to take the draw if it happened because the Pollock sub didn’t make any sense or have any substance.   (Btw, I like Pollock from what I saw of him ages ago, it’s nothing against him)

Or Tagawa, and It shouldve been Forrest off who created absolutely nothing all night. 

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Kent and Zander did extremely well. 

But our attack is a disjointed mess lacking any quality outside of our CF. Hibs can create some brilliant chances because they have much better wide players, and their fullbacks can actually get up and cause us problems. 

Disagree with Clark, quoted on Hearts tv as a brilliant save 👀, absolute horseshit it was straight at him, not an advocate for Gordon, but to what I'm witnessing with Clark, he doesn't breed confidence within our defence and I personally would like to see Craig Gordon between the sticks for the rest of the season ( only my personal opinion).

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Be disappointed if Fraser here after the summer.

Send him back tomorrow 

weegie jambo

we could have done with Liam Boyce's experience and Mckays creativity tonight. We have Dhanda coming next season I don't see Fraser as a permanent signing.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jam-Tart said:

Disagree with Clark, quoted on Hearts tv as a brilliant save 👀, absolute horseshit it was straight at him, not an advocate for Gordon, but to what I'm witnessing with Clark, he doesn't breed confidence within our defence and I personally would like to see Craig Gordon between the sticks for the rest of the season ( only my personal opinion).

Spot on

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite a few folk around me asking the same question, he was slow out at the goal also.

He fumbled a low cross straight at him in the second half.

Gordon is the better goalie.

Play your best players, it's not rocket science.

Aussie Jambo

Gutless and flat performance. I kind of hoped we’d bounce back after the Huns pumping. Nope. We were pish. 
We’ve got Celtic next after Dundee got royally pumped. God only knows what that games going to do to our confidence if they do the same to us. That ain’t going to be petty to watch. 
But did Naisy play that team to keep the better players for Celtic? I bloody hope so. 
Devlin - liability and getting worse as a player 

Atkinson - How the he’ll did he stay on the pitch? Worst performance to date. 
Fraser - who? Did he play. 🫥

We have so many better players sitting on the bench. Naisy must be keeping them for the Celtic game. 
In a nutshell. Pish poor. That’s a game we needed to win. More than the Celtic game anyway. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, weegie jambo said:

we could have done with Liam Boyce's experience and Mckays creativity tonight. We have Dhanda coming next season I don't see Fraser as a permanent signing.

McKay possibly but Boyce has done absolutely ****all against Hibs bar one penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Can't disagree with any of the above opinion. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Definitely, can’t catch a cross or shot. 

indianajones

Fraser anonymous. 

He's showed nothing since coming in. Would be looking at other options. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Or Tagawa, and It shouldve been Forrest off who created absolutely nothing all night. 

Forrest’s head seemed to be down tonight.  He’s been sharp and lively of late and all of a sudden (like most of them) seemed cagey and tentative.  

Ok, we took a heavy defeat at the weekend but where’s the character?  Are we letting one defeat in a long , decent run suddenly turn us into a bag of nerves?   If we don’t buck up we could just look like any other SPL team in that we can put a good run together but equally spiral into a poor run. 

One defeat shouldn’t be having this effect.  We need to be bigger than that. We’ve drawn tonight obviously but the performance must concern a wee bit.  

McKay possibly but Boyce has done absolutely ****all against Hibs bar one penalty. 

See Blair Spittal scored again, would be a better bet than Fraser. Dunno what's happened to him, not the player I remember.

weegie jambo

I think he would have given us something different in the No10 role and certainly has a wise head to deal with hibby nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, feej said:

See Blair Spittal scored again, would be a better bet than Fraser. Dunno what's happened to him, not the player I remember.

Definitely, guy can play anywhere too. 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit shite, but not unexpected,  games v hibs have generally been close in recent years.

Vargas is a good impact sub, but still a bit raw  to start.

Fraser is yet to get going, but imo it was strange to Starrt him in such an important and fast game.

Without Beni our midfield lacks control.

Aki had a mare, but was hung out to dry by Vargas at times.

Hoff was really good,  one of the few players that showed composure and technique all game- well done lad.

Hibs create a bit and we had too defend way roo many crosses,  it was all a bit disjointed.

Dodgy pen and a point tho, so **** hibs and werea point further from 4th.

Good to see young Pollock as well.

Fair summary, the only bit I would contest is your last sentence, I would have preferred young Tate to come on, but maybe SN is trying to keep some fresh legs for Sunday.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I think he would have given us something different in the No10 role and certainly has a wise head to deal with hibby nonsense.

He and Shankland play in the same area though, hes a sub nowadays. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fraser anonymous. 

Yeah, he's playing like he's been told there is a 5 year contract there no matter what. 

Hopefully told he needs to earn the contract or can bolt. Grant did far more. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboozy said:

Fair summary, the only bit I would contest is your last sentence, I would have preferred young Tate to come on, but maybe SN is trying to keep some fresh legs for Sunday.

Sorry but a derby is more important than Celtic, for Hearts fans anyway, who cares if Rangers win the league?

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fraser anonymous. 

I get what your saying, but with supporters that was the case with Cammy & then the Hoff, I'd give it time before the 'useless' tag is used...🤷‍♂️

Definitely, guy can play anywhere too. 

I think we should be looking to build a midfield around Hoff, wasn't sure about him but he's a stand out at the moment. Dhanda and Spittal in the middle of the park with him would be a hell of a lot better than what I'm watching at the moment.

John Findlay

Played crap, didn't get beat. 

Hibs still 21 Points behind Hearts, and still in the bottom half of the table. Again they celebrated a draw at Tynecastle, as if they had just won the league.

27 minutes ago, JWL said:

Awful performance. Hibs deserved to win, we were brutal. Absolutely no positive reaction to Saturday. Worrying.

Form goes out the window in a Derby. Through the years, during our long unbeaten runs against Hibs there's been games we've been pish and second best, but come away with a win or a draw. Fair enough. 

But like you say, the biggest worry is the non-reaction from Saturday. 

I've no idea what we were trying to do tonight.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Forrest’s head seemed to be down tonight.  He’s been sharp and lively of late and all of a sudden (like most of them) seemed cagey and tentative.  

Ok, we took a heavy defeat at the weekend but where’s the character?  Are we letting one defeat in a long , decent run suddenly turn us into a bag of nerves?   If we don’t buck up we could just look like any other SPL team in that we can put a good run together but equally spiral into a poor run. 

One defeat shouldn’t be having this effect.  We need to be bigger than that. We’ve drawn tonight obviously but the performance must concern a wee bit.  

The manager seems to think that we can just keep playing crap and scraping victories, the last guy had the same stubbornness and lost the plot around this time last year after a drubbing off Rangers. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, feej said:

I think we should be looking to build a midfield around Hoff, wasn't sure about him but he's a stand out at the moment. Dhanda and Spittal in the middle of the park with him would be a hell of a lot better than what I'm watching at the moment.

Absolutely. Our best player tonight. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He created the penalty with a positive run into the box and at least was trying to be positive and take his man on.  I thought Forrest was the only danger we had tonight even if not all that much coming off for him. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Played crap, didn't get beat. 

Hibs still 21 Points behind Hearts, and still in the bottom half of the table. Again they celebrated a draw at Tynecastle, as if they had just won the league.

Thats the problem playing crap, again. Really don’t care about them, more worried about us tbh. 

weegie jambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He and Shankland play in the same area though, hes a sub nowadays. 

I guess so but i think we're getting a bit samey in attack. We could force Shankland into a 9

Drylaw Hearts

Playing Fraser on the right of the midfield 3 was a strange strategy and it didn’t work.

John Findlay

Thats the problem playing crap, again. Really don’t care about them, more worried about us tbh. 

We will pull through.

Sorry but a derby is more important than Celtic, for Hearts fans anyway, who cares if Rangers win the league?

We SHOULD have more chance of winning a Derby, especially at home, I was trying to work out Naismith’s reasons for putting Pollock on instead of Tait? I suppose we will never find out.

Just for the record PfK, I couldn’t care what side of arse cheeks wins the League.😁👍

35 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Montgomery tears and snorters on sportsound are delicious 

31 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Just listened.  Sounds like he’s greetin’

Ha!  

35 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Montgomery tears and snorters on sportsound are delicious 

Nick yeh, can kiss yeh, my yeh arse yeh 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He created the penalty with a positive run into the box and at least was trying to be positive and take his man on.  I thought Forrest was the only danger we had tonight even if not all that much coming off for him. 

He was brushed off the ball easily, as usual. Vargas caused them far more problems and shouldn’t have been subbed. They let Forrest run about in front of them, he never went outside the RB once i don’t think. 

mellors1874

Just in from the match.

Set up from Naismith was honking.

Our right side of the team was terrible why have two wide players who have pace to burn and you put Fraser out there.

Atkinson was utter dugshite and would be dropped for that tonight.

Defensively all over the place and gave them far to much time on the ball.

Hoff best player for us.

We were flat and second to every ball and that's not good enough.

Jamboelite

Absolutely awful.

poor tactics/formation from the off and the same slow start that has to sit on Naismith.

it was obvious that the shape was wrong with 2 players doubled up on Atkinson because Vargas was too busy trying to go forward and was shit at it.

Fraser was abysmal  and hasnt shown anything.

Devlin is a very limited football player which meant midfield was non existant.

Forrest at least tried to be positive

So much of that game was horrendous.

We were lucky.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I guess so but i think we're getting a bit samey in attack. We could force Shankland into a 9

Hes better with a quick guy ahead of him (Vargas/Ginnelly), not a slow one behind (Boyce/Grant/Fraser).

Pasquale for King
Just now, mellors1874 said:

Just in from the match.

Set up from Naismith was honking.

Our right side of the team was terrible why have two wide players who have pace to burn and you put Fraser out there.

Atkinson was utter dugshite and would be dropped for that tonight.

Defensively all over the place and gave them far to much time on the ball.

Hoff best player for us.

We were flat and second to every ball and that's not good enough.

Spot on 

Fozzyonthefence

He was brushed off the ball easily, as usual. Vargas caused them far more problems and shouldn’t have been subbed. They let Forrest run about in front of them, he never went outside the RB once i don’t think. 

Forrest was getting too predictable, cutting inside all the time.  Vargas just has no composure.