*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Bongo 1874
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Add in Dundee and Ross County too, another manager that is stubbornly sticking to his tactics that rarely produce a quick start. Before having to change when the 2nd half starts. 

I see the mighty Kilmarnock, managed to put up a fight against the zombies, fecking embarrassing, we make teams look class.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

tiger Rudi

If we are playing a 4 against Celtic is Toby due a start? I really don't fancy Dexter or Atkinson tbh. 

Midfield needs to be way better. Hoff and Beni and one other. 

Thought Devlin done ok for about 10 minutes in the 2nd half before his booking, but was pretty meh otherwise. Been out for a while though. If played in front of the other two just to break up play against Celtic he might do better. He's certainly no playmaker.  Fraser can't start on Sunday that's for sure. 

I would start Tait beside Beni and let Hoff play further forward. He's got some engine, must be the fittest guy in the squad. 

J.T.F.Robertson

I thought it was a penalty, although when he went over to review I was certain he would reverse the call.

They'd be screaming for it at the other end.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I see the mighty Kilmarnock, managed to put up a fight against the zombies, fecking embarrassing, we make teams look class.

I thought they would tbh. I think we will on Sunday too, like we usually do against Celtic strangely enough.

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly 

That’s never a penalty ffs. 😂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

The collision with Forrest was a clear pen - no attempt to play the ball and just shoving him to the ground, never mind Fish missing the ball completely and clattering into Vargas at speed. On what planet would you not be screaming for a foul for either  if it was anywhere else on the pitch?

Philstampscleaner
17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

If we are playing a 4 against Celtic is Toby due a start? I really don't fancy Dexter or Atkinson tbh. 

Midfield needs to be way better. Hoff and Beni and one other. 

Thought Devlin done ok for about 10 minutes in the 2nd half before his booking, but was pretty meh otherwise. Been out for a while though. If played in front of the other two just to break up play against Celtic he might do better. He's certainly no playmaker.  Fraser can't start on Sunday that's for sure. 

I would start Tait beside Beni and let Hoff play further forward. He's got some engine, must be the fittest guy in the squad. 

I thought Devlin looked way off pace to be honest.

Hoff I didn't see it to start but he is one player who I rate in 2 utterly shit performances. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

In 2024 it is 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

The collision with Forrest was a clear pen - no attempt to play the ball and just shoving him to the ground, never mind Fish missing the ball completely and clattering into Vargas at speed. On what planet would you not be screaming for a foul for either  if it was anywhere else on the pitch?

Absolutely 

17 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Stonewaller , barged right into Vargas with no attempt to play the ball

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Stonewaller , barged right into Vargas with no attempt to play the ball

Cammy Bell saying Fish didn’t see him so wasn’t a penalty. McCann couldn’t thought that it was a penalty at Parkhead in 1998 either then 🤦🏽. The standard of BBC pundits is awful, with no knowledge of the laws these days. 

manaliveits105

Caught Vargas with the sole of his trailing foot - trying to be sneaky 

caught out - penalty !

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

In 2024 it is 

Which is exactly the point. The game has gone "soft" so 80s and 90s rules no longer apply.

Captain Sausage
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Were you not slagging all the fans last week who had been critical of any hearts player, coaching staff or form?

Good to see you’re consistent. 

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yep, frustrating to say the least.

gorgierulesapply88

Scott Fraser garbage.

Atkinson not any better.

Vargas almost got the run on Obita a couple times but outmuscled. His finishing was horrendous!

Clark thumbled yet again, bread and butter saves made.

Issue with Atkinson, is Lembikisa isn't better. 

Show a bit of balls, a 4 3 3 with Tait Beni & Hoff/Devlin and we'd have controlled the game and played in their half.

We cannot keep deploying Kingsley as the right of a back 3. 

Hearts1975
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Scott Fraser garbage.

Atkinson not any better.

Vargas almost got the run on Obita a couple times but outmuscled. His finishing was horrendous!

Show a bit of balls, a 4 3 3 with Tait Beni & Hoff/Devlin and we'd have controlled the game and played in their half.

I don't know why we persevered with Fraser, as he looked a yard of the pace, and contributed the square root of zero throughout his time on the pitch. 

Jorge Grant didn't do much better when he came on. I like him as a player (at times) but that is usually when he gets involved in the play.

He was happy to play some passes off to his teammates, and float around the field, but other than that, he pretty much was as effective as Fraser was 

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

There's a thread over on .net, the power balance in Edinburgh has shifted apparently, on and off the pitch. 

Oh vermin, never change! 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Fair summary, the only bit I would contest is your last sentence, I would have preferred young Tate to come on, but maybe SN is trying to keep some fresh legs for Sunday.

Nah, it was good to see see young Pollock cone back and make an appearance. 

Unsure why you'd contest that tbh.

You don't think its good a young player has recovered from injury and came back?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don't know why we persevered with Fraser, as he looked a yard of the pace, and contributed the square root of zero throughout his time on the pitch. 

Jorge Grant didn't do much better when he came on. I like him as a player (at times) but that is usually when he gets involved in the play.

He was happy to play some passes off to his teammates, and float around the field, but other than that, he pretty much was as effective as Fraser was 

He's played about 3 ****ing times!

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We were playing hibs last night, do keep up.

Your obsession with judging every manager against the OF is boring as you use it is an excuse to push your shitey agendas.

If you were an ex player,  why aren't you in mgt now with your brilliant hindsight and ideas?

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, it was good to see see young Pollock cone back and make an appearance. 

Unsure why you'd contest that tbh.

You don't think its good a young player has recovered from injury and came back?

Yes I do think it’s good to see an injured player back, especially a promising youngster. My point was young Tate has enough minutes under his belt to come on in a game and make an instant impact, indeed, he did just that on a few occasions.

It was just my opinion that Tate would have been the better option in this instance.

Edited by jamboozy

TexasAndy

What I saw last night was a Hibs team playing with zero pressure and us a bit off.   A good team would have beat us last night.  Montgomery says Hibs deserved the 3 points, I'm sorry but if you don't take your chances you get what you deserve.  The league table doesn't lie.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Yes I do think it’s good to see an injured player back, especially a promising youngster. My point was young Tate has enough minutes under his belt to come on in a game and make an instant impact, indeed, he did just that on a few occasions.

It was just my opinion that Tate would have been the better option in this instance.

Ahh, yeah ofc- agree.

Still good to see young Pollock turn out tho, big moment for him.

I was trying for a few positives on my summary!

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ahh, yeah ofc- agree.

Still good to see young Pollock turn out tho, big moment for him.

I was trying for a few positives on my summary!

Agree, he did well in an atmosphere where it was a bit tense to say the least.👍

Edited by jamboozy

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’m a season ticket holder and hearts tv subscriber bawheed. I like to watch the games back on hearts tv if we win.

Thought Hearts Tv is only live video at the time of the match and is exclusively only available to over seas subscribers.

8 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Thought Hearts Tv is only live video at the time of the match and is exclusively only available to over seas subscribers.

No you get a pre match interview with the manager and a player, usually the day before a match. Then a post match manager interview an hour or so after the match then three options the day after the match, goals, highlights and full match replay. All of it stays on line all season. Means if you’re a saddo like me you can watch our win at Celtic park any time you’re bored. 

You also get occasional extra features like player interviews. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jack Torrance

I thought from the news reports that Clancy had made a huge mistake. Just seen the replay on here. Well done for sticking with your decision.

Challenge on Forrest looked a pen but Vargas challenge definately was. Vargas tried to make it look worse than it was but it was a clear attempt to play the man and knock him off balance.

soonbe110
3 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Scott Fraser garbage.

Atkinson not any better.

Kingsley played on the left centre in a back four

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Totally different game at Rugby park instead of Ibrox.  But you already know that. 

soonbe110
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

If Vargas had just squared it to him Grant would have scored the winner.  His positioning and ability to read the play is much better than he is given credit for. 

Gundermann
8 hours ago, DB-14 said:

Fish barges Vargas out of the way with his hip/arse. How TF is it not a penalty?

Vargas going down easily after the contact is neither here nor there.

Gundermann
22 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I thought from the news reports that Clancy had made a huge mistake. Just seen the replay on here. Well done for sticking with your decision.

Challenge on Forrest looked a pen but Vargas challenge definately was. Vargas tried to make it look worse than it was but it was a clear attempt to play the man and knock him off balance.

Thought so too. Pass on to the Hearts TV commentary team.

Australis

Looked at the two team line ups before kick off.

Thought with the wee team having so many loan players who were dumped on them that we were going to skelp them.

Unfortunately, they had much more get up and go compared to us.

And we managed to make them look half decent.

We should have had a far better attitude and game plan last night.

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Looked at the two team line ups before kick off.

Thought with the wee team having so many loan players who were dumped on them that we were going to skelp them.

Unfortunately, they had much more get up and go compared to us.

And we managed to make them look half decent.

We should have had a far better attitude and game plan last night.

Not to detract from your point but I think the biggest thing last night was an overall lack of confidence after the doing we got on Saturday. No swagger. 

Sunday is a worry. 

pettigrewsstylist

Had a wee look at highlights again this morn with fresh eyes. Forrest has only attack and how he can effect game on his mind when he gets the ball near the halfway line for the penalty award moment. Not a safe pass, only how he can effect game. He is limited for sure but he makes that award happen last night tho. Many others on the pitch would not have been able to or have chosen not to. Lets recognise in a team that struggles to build clear cut opportunities he is well worthy of a role. 

PapaShango

My take from last night - don't think we were ever full in control of the game, think Naismith got team selection wrong, I've been crying out for Tait to play and can't fathom what Fraser has done so far to merit a start over not only him but Grant. Devlin was clearly rusty last night but was one player with bags of energy, his use of the ball at times was poor. Thought Hoff was our best player along with Kent. Clark is like a bag of nerves in goals at times, watch the goal, not sure his positioning is all that good. Atkinson was terrible and our RB problem needs sorted as a priority in the summer. I thought Vargas was equally as poor, not only on the ball but his work off it was not what you need in a derby.

On the penalty, it was soft but I thought it was correct. Just look at the one Celtic got at Tynecastle this season for evidence of a soft penalty. He twists his hip into him, he goes down dramatically but anywhere else on the pitch that is given as a foul. 

We need to pick ourselves up for Sunday. As poor as we were last night, that's probably the best Hibs can play and they still didn't win. One defeat in 14 derby games isn't bad going and if you are struggling to win them then you make sure you don't lose them. A bit of composure from Vargas and we probably win the match. 

PapaShango
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Had a wee look at highlights again this morn with fresh eyes. Forrest has only attack and how he can effect game on his mind when he gets the ball near the halfway line for the penalty award moment. Not a safe pass, only how he can effect game. He is limited for sure but he makes that award happen last night tho. Many others on the pitch would not have been able to or have chosen not to. Lets recognise in a team that struggles to build clear cut opportunities he is well worthy of a role. 

I thought he had their full back on toast start of the second half but became too predictable as the game wore on, he needed to mix it up a bit instead of coming inside all the time. He was the one player driving at them though, others were far too passive. The penalty comes about because of him and also horrific defending from Fish who takes an awful first touch then clatters into Vargas. 

Australis

Apologies last night to my fellow Jambos and kickbackers.

I posted a few things last night, after having to much to drink, that I now regret.

Got a well deserved warning from the mods and I thank them for that.

Can't stand the wee team and how they constantly everytime we play them throw stuff at our players and get away with it. It grinds my gears 

Some of the names I called the wee team fans were out of order.

Apologies to you all if I offended anyone.

Decision making was really poor, especially Vargas. Clean through twice 🙈

Side note, just seen the video of Shankland catching a pie thrown at him, taking a bite it and throwing it back 😂😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Watch the angle from behind the tackle, watch Vargas’ body at the point of contact from Fish’s hip, he has impeded Vargas without making contact with the ball. If Fish doesn’t make the contact Vargas, he is in a good position in the box with the ball. I don’t know how folk think it isn’t a penalty, there is more than enough contact to go down, if you debate that you haven’t had a man the size of Fish run into you. 

Good point. 

It looks different now I'm looking at that contact. 

It's a definite penalty. 

Great decision by Clancy

Edited by HMFC01

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Side note, just seen the video of Shankland catching a pie thrown at him, taking a bite it and throwing it back 😂😂😂😂

Brilliant 🤣

His reaction to the build up to his penalty was class. If anything I think it made him even more likely to score. Perfectly executed penalty. 

Ian Black 8

I'd be raging if that penalty was gave against me as a player and we would all be raging if that was given against us 

1 minute ago, Ian Black 8 said:

I'd be raging if that penalty was gave against me as a player and we would all be raging if that was given against us 

Yeah. I think if it had been 0-0 at Ibrox and that was given against Hearts there would have been screams of conspiracy. Referees are incompetent, simple as that. Everybody can only hope to get a share of the incompetence.

Have to say I felt the first em "tackle" on Forrest was more a pen, however if it had been at the other end I would not have been best pleased. Very soft IMO....but I could not care less....😅😅

54 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Fish barges Vargas out of the way with his hip/arse. How TF is it not a penalty?

Vargas going down easily after the contact is neither here nor there.

100%

I am baffled by the reaction. It is clear as day he barges him.

They got away with the first block on Forrest.   To then give Hearts another go to impede them again was sloppy. 

They deserved what they got for being sloppy.   

The penalty aside, we have definitely lost our mojo.  A limp and insipide performance with very little coordination or team work.

My main concern is with our defence which looked likely to concede every time they attacked.  A virtual bomb scare with everyone flapping at the ball and only Hoff calm enough to get us out of trouble.

I just wonder if it was a reaction to the heavy defeat on Saturday, rather than it being used as a motivation.  

That said, if Vargas had squared the ball on two of his breakaway chances and maintained greater composure for his third, we could have won. 

38 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Hope Shank's vaccinations are up to date and he goes to the doctor for an anti rabies shot. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Maybe so, but the standard has been set on plenty of occasions this season. Soft pens are pens. There is no standard of qualification anymore.

Would you expect a free kick elsewhere on the pitch?