*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

As was everyone…

Fair point, but some of them will need a boot up the arse or dropped, he could be one of them. You think we will start the same team and formation?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Exile fae Main Street
5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I really don't care what formation or personnel we use. Just win the bloody game and if it could be done at a canter with a few early goals to ease my nerves then all the better.

This! Btw Man City away strip is a thing of beauty....Shankland or Haaland?

Pasquale for King

Oda being out leaves us a bit short of options up front to come off the bench, Tagawa would exploit the space between Miller and Fish if we play balls into that space. Pollock may well get an opportunity somewhere in the 2nd half. 
Not convinced about Grant behind Shankland, has rarely worked so far. 

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Tait stroll the game?? He's promising for sure but stroll his first ever start in a derby think that's a stretch. Might well have a role later on but he's not starting ahead of Hoff end off.

Yep I think he would. Did you ever think Harry Cochrane would have strolled that famous game against Celtic when he was the same age? Dominated them and took the piss out of Scott Brown. It’s hardly out of the question is it.

If you read my other posts I said that Hof will start ahead of him. That team lineup isn’t my prediction of what Naismith will go for, it’s my own opinion.

Ricardo Quaresma
25 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

This! Btw Man City away strip is a thing of beauty....Shankland or Haaland?

That opportunity Haaland had for his hat-trick on 24 minutes, Shankland would have lifted that over the 'keeper, easy 🙂

Bongo 1874

I wonder if we will actually go and Press the ball,rather than giving players time and space to knock it about us.

2 mins it took Rangers to open us up.

Football is a simple game.

I can take getting beat if the other team are made to earn it.

This sitting off and inviting pressure and trouble not for me.

We have to get closer and tighter, switched on.

Hearts are a fantastic club to play for,show us you ****ing appreciate that privilege.

And destroy them Hearts.

Graham Thomson

Tomorrow is a game for discipline and trusting players to do their jobs. 

I would play Dexter at right back in a back 4. I don't think you can trust Atkinson, he goes walkabout to often and usually gets tackled way out of position leaving a huge gap to be exploited.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Watch the highlights again and see how little protection he gave the defence on Saturday when they were hitting on the break. 

Well yes. Beni also made mistakes in the tynie derby. But i’m judging him on his contribution over the course of the season, during which he has done well and been first choice CM.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Well yes. Beni also made mistakes in the tynie derby. But i’m judging him on his contribution over the course of the season, during which he has done well and been first choice CM.

There has to be changes tomorrow in personnel and formation from Saturday, GK first and foremost, a few others too and he may well be one of them. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

Tomorrow is a game for discipline and trusting players to do their jobs. 

I would play Dexter at right back in a back 4. I don't think you can trust Atkinson, he goes walkabout to often and usually gets tackled way out of position leaving a huge gap to be exploited.

Spot on, he has made that mistake for club and country many times and seems incapable of learning. 

5 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

shanks megging Denolm 🤣😂

Shooting practice.... 7 goals coming up! 500/1 at the bookies, get your money on it!

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's game day cmon the Hearts HHGH 🇱🇻 

Last sleep over ...

Hearts boxers -

PPV -

Ice Cold 🍹 -

️ - 0 Incoming 😆

"Go Hearts"

❤️❤️G❤️

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Last sleep over ...

Hearts boxers -

PPV -

Ice Cold 🍹 -

️ - 0 Incoming 😆

"Go Hearts"

❤️❤️G❤️

Enjoy buddy

Dot nut boasting that they've only lost 4 of their last 14 visits to Gorgie.

They've only won 2, however, and the other 8 were draws. 😄

Barrel scraping taken to all new levels by our desperate neighbours.

Edited by martoon

Beni starts for me . People need to come to terms with the fact he is not superman , and we were simply unable to match Rangers intensity and speed of passing all over the pitch , instead of looking for scapegoats to hang out to dry after a loss

Berrassobad
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Beni starts for me . People need to come to terms with the fact he is not superman , and we were simply unable to match Rangers intensity and speed of passing all over the pitch , instead of looking for scapegoats to hang out to dry after a loss

WE HAVE A WINNER

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, but some of them will need a boot up the arse or dropped, he could be one of them. You think we will start the same team and formation?

No i think we will start with four at the back. 

I think Atkinson will drop out and Dexter back in. 

Rowles drops out and Forrest starts too. 

I’m very wary of them playing over the top to Boyle. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nah, it can't be that. 

1971fozzy
6 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's game day cmon the Hearts HHGH 🇱🇻 

match day ♥️🇱🇻♥️.   Let’s beat these junkie rats

We_are_the_Hearts
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I wonder if we will actually go and Press the ball,rather than giving players time and space to knock it about us.

2 mins it took Rangers to open us up.

Football is a simple game.

I can take getting beat if the other team are made to earn it.

This sitting off and inviting pressure and trouble not for me.

We have to get closer and tighter, switched on.

Hearts are a fantastic club to play for,show us you ****ing appreciate that privilege.

And destroy them Hearts.

Its not that simple, mind the time we pressed Rangers at Tynie this season and they opened us up with a move from the back as we left ourselves exposed? Hibs also have pace so you need to be wary of that and cant just be gung ho. This is where you need player intelligence and management. Knowing when to go and when not. 

Really looking forward to this. Got the morn off work, few beers before game, watch Hearts win, swift pint then train back to the honest toun and nip everyone's head on here all night. Perfect.

We aren't going to rip up a team that has got us where we are this season because of one shite result.

Beni will be in. Rowles will be in. Atkinson is probably the biggest question mark but I think Naisy is keen on him so reckon he will play.

We’ve got 21 points on them for a reason, if we play to our best then we’ll have too much for them

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately Beni will be a scapegoat from now until the end of the season unless he signs a new deal. That's how it works, you don't sign a new deal, you're not good enough anymore 🤷‍♂️

1971fozzy
6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Unfortunately Beni will be a scapegoat from now until the end of the season unless he signs a new deal. That's how it works, you don't sign a new deal, you're not good enough anymore 🤷‍♂️

Eh ?   Who’s that happened to ?

and don’t say Souttar because that reaction was due to a pre contract signed with the Hun.

1971fozzy

Check out this from sisters.net. , not quite realising that errrr they haven’t improved. They’ve won one league game since the 9th December 🤣

And errrrrrm.  Its us that have improved having only lost one since then 🤣🤣 feking idiot

IMG_4342.thumb.jpeg.171cdba7fa71db63a281ffb3326bb494.jpeg

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Eh ?   Who’s that happened to ?

and don’t say Souttar because that reaction was due to a pre contract signed with the Hun.

You missed Bongo's suggestion to drop Shankland as he hasn't commited?

I do get the feeling that some of the Beni criticism is born from some notion that he thinks he’s better than us because he won’t sign a contract. For me he’s a very intelligent player and his close control in tight spaces is what sets him apart from others

29 minutes ago, Homme said:

We aren't going to rip up a team that has got us where we are this season because of one shite result.

Beni will be in. Rowles will be in. Atkinson is probably the biggest question mark but I think Naisy is keen on him so reckon he will play.

I think Rowles is a question mark because Kingsley has done really well beside Kent. if it's a three then they both play but it will be a back 4 so there is a decision to make there.

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Really looking forward to this. Got the morn off work, few beers before game, watch Hearts win, swift pint then train back to the honest toun and nip everyone's head on here all night. Perfect.

Plus ca change. 

33 minutes ago, Homme said:

Correct, people need to realise that one poor game isn't season defining.

We won about 400 games in a row before Saturday so I'd trust the players who put that run together to deal with bottom 6 cannon fodder like Hibs

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Dot nut boasting that they've only lost 4 of their last 14 visits to Gorgie.

They've only won 2, however, and the other 8 were draws. 😄

Barrel scraping taken to all new levels by our desperate neighbours.

Far too many wins for my liking

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Look. I’d play him, only because Tait isn’t quite ready to start and no doubt Naismith will start him, but despite Rangers being pretty good on Saturday, Beni was all over the fecking place. And that’s the problem with having inconsistency in a key position. You never know what you’re getting. Beni, on his day can run it for us. Get him on his other day when he’s out of position, losing runners and markers and getting bullied and he’ll cost you the game. He’s cost us goals AND games this season. He didn’t cost us the game on Saturday, that was a collective effort and even on our game we might not have taken anything, so we can move on from that pretty swiftly Id have thought. This is a poor and vulnerable Hibs team we’re up against tonight and I’d be very surprised and worried about the next spell of games if we didn’t put them away fairly comfortably 

If Beni is stalling on a contract believing he’s worth more than he actually is, Id be letting him move on and try to get a better blend in there for next season

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Look. I’d play him, only because Tait isn’t quite ready to start and no doubt Naismith will start him, but despite Rangers being pretty good on Saturday, Beni was all over the fecking place. And that’s the problem with having inconsistency in a key position. You never know what you’re getting. Beni, on his day can run it for us. Get him on his other day when he’s out of position, losing runners and markers and getting bullied and he’ll cost you the game. He’s cost us goals AND games this season. He didn’t cost us the game on Saturday, that was a collective effort and even on our game we might not have taken anything, so we can move on from that pretty swiftly Id have thought. This is a poor and vulnerable Hibs team we’re up against tonight and I’d be very surprised and worried about the next spell of games if we didn’t put them away fairly comfortably 

If Beni is stalling on a contract believing he’s worth more than he actually is, Id be letting him move on and try to get a better blend in there for next season

Look . Beni was all over the place because Rangers were a lot better than pretty good and it left our whole team chasing shadows 

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Rangers were outstanding first half on Saturday and not much worse second half.  People don’t seem to realise that, given the resources they have, if Rangers and Celtic turn up and turn it on, esp getting an early goal, then it’s damage limitation for every team in the league.  The gulf in quality of player was clearly obvious on Saturday.  
Yes we made mistakes but a lot of those were down to their press.  I left at 0-5 and was actually quite surprised and relieved that it finished 0-5. 

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Look . Beni was all over the place because Rangers were a lot better than pretty good and it left our whole team chasing shadows 

Cmon they were ‘pretty good’ but we’ve gifted them at least 3 goals.

Beni isn’t chasing shadows in the second minute. He’s not ‘chasing’ anything or anybody. He’s completely switched off.

He’s wondered into to our box marking nobody. I’ve no idea why he’s gone in so deep and he’s left the scorer in 10 yards of space, free to take a touch, then sold Beni a change of foot because he’s dived in instead of just blocking.

Thats a preventable goal and not just by Beni by the way. It kills us.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Cmon they were ‘pretty good’ but we’ve gifted them at least 3 goals.

Beni isn’t chasing shadows in the second minute. He’s not ‘chasing’ anything or anybody. He’s completely switched off.

He’s wondered into to our box marking nobody. I’ve no idea why he’s gone in so deep and he’s left the scorer in 10 yards of space, free to take a touch, then sold Beni a change of foot because he’s dived in instead of just blocking.

Thats a preventable goal and not just by Beni by the way. It kills us.

From kick off they pressed us all over the park when we had the ball and when they had it they passed it with one touch in triangles around our players , constantly moving in to space . They are a very good side who were up for it at home . We just could not handle it . It sucks but I do not see the point in pretending differently 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers were outstanding first half on Saturday and not much worse second half.  People don’t seem to realise that, given the resources they have, if Rangers and Celtic turn up and turn it on, esp getting an early goal, then it’s damage limitation for every team in the league.  The gulf in quality of player was clearly obvious on Saturday.  
Yes we made mistakes but a lot of those were down to their press.  I left at 0-5 and was actually quite surprised and relieved that it finished 0-5. 

There's not enough folk on here giving enough consideration to how good Rangers were. 

My only concern is we will have lost a bit of confidence going into tonight but up to Naisy to boost the boys up and get the tactics right.

gordiegords

Beni is the best midfielder at the club and will start, I worry about Atkinson and cochrane being caught with balls over the top for Boyle to chase, would drop Atkinson and possibly Rowles.

forest should start because if we link up in attack and with their garbage defence there’s defo goals to be had.

I'm nervous, confident and excited all at the same time.

hhgh.

soonbe110
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

There's not enough folk on here giving enough consideration to how good Rangers were. 

My only concern is we will have lost a bit of confidence going into tonight but up to Naisy to boost the boys up and get the tactics right.

👍

JimmyCant
Spoiler
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

From kick off they pressed us all over the park when we had the ball and when they had it they passed it with one touch in triangles around our players , constantly moving in to space . They are a very good side who were up for it at home . We just could not handle it . It sucks but I do not see the point in pretending differently 

You’d agree that we were poor, made basic mistakes, gifted goals, individual errors which led directly to goals that we don’t concede if we don’t make the error.

Yes they were good. They started like they really meant it and they got into a goal chase situation because they are behind on GD so they didn’t stop the whole game.

They were as good as we were poor IMO. That’s going to cause a gulf on the pitch, which is going to result in a 5 or 6

Edited by JimmyCant

Berrassobad
4 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Beni is the best midfielder at the club and will start, I worry about Atkinson and cochrane being caught with balls over the top for Boyle to chase, would drop Atkinson and possibly Rowles.

forest should start because if we link up in attack and with their garbage defence there’s defo goals to be had.

I'm nervous, confident and excited all at the same time.

hhgh.

Sibbick, Kent, Rowles Kingsley for me

soonbe110
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You’d agree that we were poor, made basic mistakes, gifted goals, individual errors which led directly to goals that we don’t concede if we don’t make the error.

Yes they were good. They started like they really meant it and they got into a goal chase situation because they are behind on GD so they didn’t stop the whole game.

They were as good as we were poor IMO. That’s going to cause a gulf on the pitch, which is going to result in a 5 or 6

Yep, but why did we make the mistakes?  Mostly their press forced the mistakes on us eg Rowles error at second goal.