Kenneth Vargas ( merged )

HeartsandonlyHearts

ford donald
18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Apart from Shankland he’s the player who I’d most like to tie down. It’s taken a while for his confidence to get up and he’s a bit raw but I think he’s going to be absolutely fantastic. 

He is improving all the time,looks a real exciting player,must be tied down!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Chimp

• FarmerTweedy

Fxxx the SPFL

brilliant news wonder if he'll bring his partner over permanently now.

Berrassobad

As I just read a wee thing about invoking our option on Vargas I wondered about CSH letting him go.

Not too good on the ole intranet but from what I could garner they are top of the league, on a winning run, have a couple of fairly valuable players, seem to have an 18yr old and a 31 yr old CFs playing and more DMs than Levein on steroids. I know they are footy daft in C Rica....That about right ? 

Bazzas right boot

127 views and no replies.

No one knows what the **** is happening, the point in the OP or what the question was!

:rofl:

Edited by Bazzas right boot

43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No one knows what the **** is happening, the point in the OP or what the question was!

If we are landing Vargas for a reported 200-300k then given his performances so far and his potential then that looks like a really good deal for Hearts.

Seems to be a pretty untapped market over there and if a player comes from Central America to Hearts and is successful then that can act as a catalyst for others to do the same. Perhaps our clubs stature increases in the eyes of players and agents in the region too.

Whether Herediano's other top players are good enough is anyone's guess but it looks like the club / Savage have done well on this occasion. 

chubby1973

Didn't his dad claim this week, that negotiations in making his move permanent were at an advanced stage 

chubby1973

Edited by chubby1973
Made an erse of it🤦🏼

chubby1973
Just now, chubby1973 said:

Vargas finalising permanent Hearts switch' - gossip

• Published
    21 February 2024

Kenneth Vargas, the 21-year-old forward on loan to Heart of Midlothian from Herediano in his native Costa Rica, is finalising details to make his transfer permanent, his father has revealed. (The Herald)

Knew i'd read something about it. Obviously not a cast iron 100% he has or will sign, but promising if true.

Not too sure what the lettering runing through it is about though🤷🏼

AlimOzturk
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Pretty much understood exactly what the OP meant in his post. Wtf you talking about?

Vargas will be a great signing Imo. Hopefully comes off and he is happy enough here. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Weird. OP said he wasn't the best on the internet and you jump head first in and try and have a dig. 

I understand exactly what he's meaning.  

Mr Sifter
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bit off naw? 

Re the OP, it does make me wonder if the (early) success of Vargas means it’s a part of the world we might be looking to exploit going forward. Thing is tho, Vargas doesn’t strike me as a “stereotypical” South American. He’s robust, seems to work hard and (St Johnstone aside) doesn’t seem to have the theatrics that often come with SA players. Is he a bit of a one off in that regard? It so, even more kudos to the club for sourcing him. 

40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

First responder 🤷‍♂️

Pleased we're looking to make Vargas a permanent player here. 

I'm a wee bit confused on the OPs post, but I do think Vargas has maybe opened up the Costa-Rican market as something to keep an eye on. There may be players of a similar age to Vargas that much like our Aussie contingent prove to be very useful players!

Jewison Bennette is currently on loan to Aris from Sunderland after making some appearances. Looks like teams are starting to take an interest in their league. Same club as Vargas too, so maybe we should have a look at him if Sunderland don't fancy him ?

42 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

will ferrell GIF

8 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Bit off naw? 

Re the OP, it does make me wonder if the (early) success of Vargas means it’s a part of the world we might be looking to exploit going forward. Thing is tho, Vargas doesn’t strike me as a “stereotypical” South American. He’s robust, seems to work hard and (St Johnstone aside) doesn’t seem to have the theatrics that often come with SA players. Is he a bit of a one off in that regard? It so, even more kudos to the club for sourcing him. 

I’ve always thought of the typical Latin American footballer as being very bite and scratch tbh

Apart from Brazil of course 

Edited by BigAlim

Mr Sifter
Just now, BigAlim said:

I’ve always thought of the typical Latin American footballer as being very bite and scratch tbh

Aye, you’re right Alim. Me too tbh. Don’t think I quite articulated what I meant. Maybe I meant that he’s not got any of that about him. Seems more of a no nonsense type, the dark arts seems to have passed him by a wee bit in that regard. 

Definately take your point tho, and agree 👍🏼

Ricardo Quaresma
34 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

Knew i'd read something about it. Obviously not a cast iron 100% he has or will sign, but promising if true.

Not too sure what the lettering runing through it is about though🤷🏼

I don't know what you mean, the deal was signed at start of Season

Only if the move didn't work out, would he be going back to Costa Rica and we aren't throwing this fish back

Don't know why this thread is a thread, more of a post for the most recent Vargas thread, really

Rocky jamboa

This seems a very good deal for Hearts. We get to see what he's like for a year and have the option to buy him for c. £200k. If not, we can hand him back! Seems a win win for us. 

As others have said, maybe a market we should be looking to get into. South American players always seem quite skilful and have a bit of dig about them. 

I wonder if work permits/visas may be an issue? Doesn't seem to have been for Kenny.

Delighted we're signing him. Could be a bit of a cult hero for the next few seasons!

Berrassobad
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cant compete with 70k sh1t5

I support Hearts signing solid players for cheap prices. I especially support this when a test drive is possible.

For every gem there's a mountain of mud and stones. 

We've found the gem in that market. I wouldn't be against us doing a bit more digging over there just incase. 

Saw most of a recent CSH U21s match (against Saprissa) a few days ago (finished 1-1) on local TV (currently in Costa Rica). Nobody really stood out as an exceptional talent but the game was played on an artificial pitch and the ball spent too much time in the air to make a fair assessment of the skill levels. The CSH equaliser was “Route One”.

The Old Tolbooth

Vargas is over here to win a deal, if we want him then we keep him, it’s as simple as that, and right now we should be biting their hand off. 

43 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't know what you mean, the deal was signed at start of Season

Only if the move didn't work out, would he be going back to Costa Rica and we aren't throwing this fish back

Don't know why this thread is a thread, more of a post for the most recent Vargas thread, really

No it wasn't.  We have an option to buy, but that doesn't sort contract negotiations with KV. We still have to agree terms with him.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

No it wasn't.  We have an option to buy, but that doesn't sort contract negotiations with KV. We still have to agree terms with him.

You sure he's not already agreed terms, because that sounds infinitely stupid

Why would it be that way round?

Do you have a source confirming that?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Weird. OP said he wasn't the best on the internet and you jump head first in and try and have a dig. 

I understand exactly what he's meaning.  

Best on the Internet, how is that measured?

There was, at the time 127 views and no comments. 

Cl, defensive midfielders, footy daft, they are top of the league, letting Vargas go?

Is he right?

I'll take his word for it

Anyway, he's a big boy, he's quite quick with the shots back and has been in the past, he seems to navigate ole intranet fine then.

Other folk have pputthe thread into some kind of context in terms of them having other players we could look at?

If that's his point, I agree and I'm sure Hearts are aware as well.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Bit off naw? 

That makes sense and I agree,  but like every player JKB does swing from one extreme to another, but the club should 100% be looking at these markets.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hark at you having the brass neck to say this Tosh.

24 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Don’t think that is right. Pretty sure everything is agreed, it is up to us to trigger the permanent transfer including his contract. 

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You sure he's not already agreed terms, because that sounds infinitely stupid

Why would it be that way round?

Do you have a source confirming that?

Naismith. Quoted in the EN today.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Don’t think that is right. Pretty sure everything is agreed, it is up to us to trigger the permanent transfer including his contract. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reach-a-decision-on-kenneth-vargas-permanent-transfer-from-cs-herediano-4528808

Naismith says there is an agreement in principle. But also says we need to work out the deal.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, db211833 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reach-a-decision-on-kenneth-vargas-permanent-transfer-from-cs-herediano-4528808

Naismith says there is an agreement in principle. But also says we need to work out the deal.

11 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Naismith. Quoted in the EN today.

Seems like that rag is muddying the waters as usual

What if he'd hit 25 goals and demanded £50K?

I'd reckon it's got a binding agreement at the core of it already, if not everyone could waste a whole year

41 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Seems like that rag is muddying the waters as usual

What if he'd hit 25 goals and demanded £50K?

I'd reckon it's got a binding agreement at the core of it already, if not everyone could waste a whole year

I agree - it seems very, very silly to enter into an option to buy where the club has zero control over what the deal would be. 

Surely a fee is agreed, and a prospective salary is also agreed with the player? I.e do well and this is the wage you're getting? That way the player knows what they're working towards and can't back out if they've done too well and have other suitors.. 

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I agree - it seems very, very silly to enter into an option to buy where the club has zero control over what the deal would be. 

Surely a fee is agreed, and a prospective salary is also agreed with the player? I.e do well and this is the wage you're getting? That way the player knows what they're working towards and can't back out if they've done too well and have other suitors.. 

Reckon the only thing Kenneth would have to sign-off on, would be to confirm whether bonuses were correct, possibly because they were on a sliding scale, depending on how well he done on the pitch over a certain timeframe, possibly end of February, or even January

5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Bit off naw? 

Costa Rica is in Central America 

indianajones

Bring another three or four over to help Kenny settle. Who knows, they could all turn out to be like Kenny. 

An agreement to sell only means the club must release him for a fee agreed when the deal was made.  
The buying club needs to negotiate a deal with the player. 
You can’t sell a player to another club without them agreeing a contract. 
as someone mentioned above, if he’d scored 25 goals on loan to us, his perm contract would be very different to him scoring 5 goals.  

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Bit off naw? 

I wonder if it's because he isn't South American? 😉 

Think he will only improve with every game. Has a bit of bite about him and doesnt mind the physical side.

Mr Sifter
9 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Costa Rica is in Central America 

My mistake. Knew that too. Lazy of me 🙄

Mr Sifter
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I wonder if it's because he isn't South American? 😉 

That could very well be it 🤪

Cannie believe I made that error. Thanks to you and @WDJ87 for correcting me. I knew CR was in Central America. It was one of the few things I remember from school ffs. And if I remember correctly, there are seven countries in Central America. And they are..? (Nae googling!).

11 hours ago, db211833 said:

Well like any agreement in principle of course there is work so be done before the deal is completed. Doesn’t mean we haven’t agreed what we are paying the club or the player though. I’m pretty confident this will be completed without too much fuss. 

Skacelsid

KV would be a great signing. That goal on Saturday was something special (and the one that hit the post), he got a bit of luck for his goal against Airdrie but he was so brave going into that challenge with their goalie, there is not many that would have. Better still to come from Kenny.

Eddiepolio3

Hopefully they go for a 4 year deal to at least protect us from the huns for a few years!!!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Kenneth Vargas ( merged )