Kenneth Vargas ( merged )

HeartsandonlyHearts

I absolutely ****ing love him. 

It makes sense that it has taken him time to get up to speed. A brand new part of the world, and he's got to deal with the difficult fact that he has had to learn English and then had moved to a Scottish football team where he must be thinking what the actual **** is going on with what they're all saying :lol:

He's got a bit of drive around him that we don't see in every player. The confidence will come, but he's clearly talented, and especially in the past few months he's shown that we are better with him on the pitch than without him. 

Viva Ken Vargas! :yas:

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Chimp

• FarmerTweedy

Watt-Zeefuik

The goal that went in was class but the one that went off the post would have been even better.

Arthur Morgan
12 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The goal that went in was class but the one that went off the post would have been even better.

Yep.

gregzy2k7

Got to say he is starting to look every bit the player that could be sold on for x amount of millions, we need tp get the boy signed up asap and make it a 5 year deal minimum please 🙏 👍🏻 

vlad on the tyne

That first touch, that left footed lasered finish just screamed of Sir Rudi Skacel back in the day.

Vargas is coming along nicely and he's now having a real impact on games.

We_are_the_Hearts

Best attacking player we have signed for a long time. Well done Savage on this one. Pace, hunger and end product 👏

That lay off for Forrest was a great sign of him learning (likely from Naismith) as 2 months ago he would have went for goal…..

for his goal the way he used his body(bum) to create the space was very Shankland…….

if he can learn these things that quickly he’s going to be a superstar! We must sign him 

Good to see Vargas and shanks together. Are building good relationship which will only blossom- goals a plenty! 

Wee Mikey
9 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Needs a song........Where's our song writers guys and gals..........get on it.

Well, I was saving this 'un up for Naisy, but it could be adapted for Vargas:-

🎶🎵🎶

Naisy, Naisy, give me your answer do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you (etc.)

🎶🎵🎶

Could become ...

🎶🎵🎶

Kenny, Kenny, give me your answer do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you.

It WILL be a stylish marriage,

A Vargas and Shankland carriage,

You two'll look sweet, upon the seat,

Of a strike partnership built for two.

🎶🎵🎶

Edited by Wee Mikey

SM Sheffield

He is getting better every week. Changed the game when he came on and his touch and finish were top drawer. 

15 hours ago, Rods said:

Is it to early for King Kenny chat lol

Save that until after his hat trick against the vermin

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Best attacking player we have signed for a long time. Well done Savage on this one. Pace, hunger and end product 👏

When you say a long time, I assume you mean a year?

innerjambo
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, I was saving this 'un up for Naisy, but it could be adapted for Vargas:-

🎶🎵🎶

Naisy, Naisy, give me your answer do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you (etc.)

🎶🎵🎶

Could become ...

🎶🎵🎶

Kenny, Kenny, give me your answer do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you.

It WILL be a stylish marriage,

A Vargas and Shankland carriage,

You two'll look sweet, upon the seat,

Of a strike partnership built for two.

🎶🎵🎶

8.5/10 👏 

Would need 3 nights a week, Ultras rehearsal though 

Polonia Gorgie

His first touch looked like there was velcro on the ball the way it stuck to his boot, brilliant touch and finish. The lad looks so happy in the football field 

The Real Maroonblood
57 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

He is getting better every week. Changed the game when he came on and his touch and finish were top drawer. 

This. 

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Got to say he is starting to look every bit the player that could be sold on for x amount of millions, we need tp get the boy signed up asap and make it a 5 year deal minimum please 🙏 👍🏻 

I'm actually thinking now that, as long as we do get him signed on a permanent deal, we're more likely to be able to sell Vargas for big money further down the line than Shankland!

For all that he's absolutely brilliant for us, the fact we didn't get any big offers for Shankland in January makes me believe there simply aren't clubs out there who see him as being a player they think is worth shelling out several million quid for. I'm guessing that's down to a combination of his lack of pace, and his age (he'll be 29 around the start of next season) meaning he'll probably have little or no sell-on value (and possibly also just the fact he's Scottish). I don't really expect any big offers in the summer either, or at least not any that come close to reflecting how important and valuable he is to us, so I think he'll either be here till the end of his current contract then leave on a free for a wage offer we can't match, or he'll eventually decide the grass isn't always greener elsewhere, sign a new contract with us, and pretty much see out his career with us (my preferred outcome).

With Vargas, he's fast, skillful, clearly has an eye for goal, and is still very young at 21.  I think his potential is enormous if he has the right attitude and works hard to develop, and everything I've seen so far indicates he does have that attitude!  Also, given that he's from Latin America, I suspect he may be viewed by many non-scottish clubs as being inherently more valuable in the transfer market than a comparable Scottish player might be.  If he does continue to progress over the next year or two, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some biggish clubs in Spain start watching him very closely (not your Real Madrids and Barcas, obviously)!

14 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Interesting!  Do you know if she's actually relocated to Edinburgh or was just over for a short visit?  If the latter, I hope the weather hasn't put her off staying longer term!

It looks like she is a pro volleyball player? Her name is Krystel Vargas. Don’t know if she would move if she has her own sporting contract to consider?

39 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You'd have to be pretty thick not to make it permanent.

I think the quoted figure is only about £200k (or there abouts). 

A steal given we've been able to try before we buy!! 

Hopefully a transfer strategy we try and make more use of!! :) 

11 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Needs a song........Where's our song writers guys and gals..........get on it.

To the tune of we score when we want 

Te amo Kenny

Te amo Kennyyyyyyy

KENNETH VARGAS!

Te amo Kenny

Just a quick one off the top of the heid 🤣

I love you Kenny is what it means btw (not trying to insult anyone)

innerjambo
13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

To the tune of we score when we want 

Te amo Kenny

Te amo Kennyyyyyyy

KENNETH VARGAS!

Te amo Kenny

Just a quick one off the top of the heid 🤣

I love you Kenny is what it means btw (not trying to insult anyone)

Don't get your coat, I like it. Could have a few for him at this rate 😃

:jambobanana:

Wee Mikey
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He's here he's there , he's effin' everywhere, Kenny V, Kenny V. 😃.

FTFY ... you're being too polite. 😉

Wee Mikey
34 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

It looks like she is a pro volleyball player? Her name is Krystel Vargas. Don’t know if she would move if she has her own sporting contract to consider?

Get her in our woman's team?

upgotheheads
19 hours ago, red said:

he’s doing really well - I wasn’t convinced for a long time but he’s turning it around. 

He reminds me of Rudi Skacel and his goal today was reminiscent of Rudis against Celtic.  

I get the feeling once he settles and builds a relationship with the fans he will be gorgie as **** 

I wa thinking the same thing, he even looks like him.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm actually thinking now that, as long as we do get him signed on a permanent deal, we're more likely to be able to sell Vargas for big money further down the line than Shankland!

For all that he's absolutely brilliant for us, the fact we didn't get any big offers for Shankland in January makes me believe there simply aren't clubs out there who see him as being a player they think is worth shelling out several million quid for. I'm guessing that's down to a combination of his lack of pace, and his age (he'll be 29 around the start of next season) meaning he'll probably have little or no sell-on value (and possibly also just the fact he's Scottish). I don't really expect any big offers in the summer either, or at least not any that come close to reflecting how important and valuable he is to us, so I think he'll either be here till the end of his current contract then leave on a free for a wage offer we can't match, or he'll eventually decide the grass isn't always greener elsewhere, sign a new contract with us, and pretty much see out his career with us (my preferred outcome).

With Vargas, he's fast, skillful, clearly has an eye for goal, and is still very young at 21.  I think his potential is enormous if he has the right attitude and works hard to develop, and everything I've seen so far indicates he does have that attitude!  Also, given that he's from Latin America, I suspect he may be viewed by many non-scottish clubs as being inherently more valuable in the transfer market than a comparable Scottish player might be.  If he does continue to progress over the next year or two, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some biggish clubs in Spain start watching him very closely (not your Real Madrids and Barcas, obviously)!

Also how we are looking after him here. Really important with such a potentially challenging move. 

innerjambo
47 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

He's here he's there , he's everywhere, Kenny V, Kenny V. 😃.

10/10  .............👏 

innerjambo
37 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

FTFY ... you're being too polite. 😉

Correct, edit that to every fuc**ng where 

10 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Lawrence says naw he's no. Only messing though, he is shaping up to be a good player for us.

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Correct, edit that to every fuc**ng where 

Shhhh!!! It's Sunday ... have some respect. 🤭

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

When he’s banging them in in La Liga in 5 years, someone on here will still say he’s Tom Kite

AppleTarts
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Krystel is his sister, she was at the game yesterday - I don't think his wife was. And yeah, the sister is a pro volleyball player.

2 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

Krystel is his sister, she was at the game yesterday - I don't think his wife was. And yeah, the sister is a pro volleyball player.

Ahhh my mistake. Thanks for the info 👍🏻

As others have mentioned his goal yesterday was reminiscent of Rudi vs celtic in the same end at Tynecastle.

Rudi's was better though

1 min 29

7 hours ago, red said:

That lay off for Forrest was a great sign of him learning (likely from Naismith) as 2 months ago he would have went for goal…..

for his goal the way he used his body(bum) to create the space was very Shankland…….

if he can learn these things that quickly he’s going to be a superstar! We must sign him 

Noticed this too, he was always looking for options and not just going for it himself. Much more unselfish than he's been earlier in the season!!

Playing like a player that is confident in his ability, which is absolutely fantastic. I wonder if we've privately taken up the option to extend, so he's playing without that kind of urgency/pressure that ends up more of a hinderance? 

8 hours ago, red said:

Forest could've then squared it to Oda who was in a better position too

2 hours ago, Hansel said:

I really like Forrest, I think his workrate is genuinely the driving force behind a lot of our attacks, but I noticed that too. His decision making in the final 3rd is frustrating. So many times its just the wrong decision. 

I don't know if the coaching team can fix that, hopefully so because if Forrest could make slightly more correct decisions we're laughing. 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Best attacking player since Shankland,  the season before?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Hansel said:

He was 15 yards out in the middle of the goal,  the finish was poor but most, if mot Every player would and probably should shoot from there.

Just not a shot straight at the keeper!

4 hours ago, Hansel said:

As others have mentioned his goal yesterday was reminiscent of Rudi vs celtic in the same end at Tynecastle.

Rudi's was better though

1 min 29

Disagree 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He was 15 yards out in the middle of the goal,  the finish was poor but most, if mot Every player would and probably should shoot from there.

Just not a shot straight at the keeper!

He was desperate to score. Think maybe a bit too eager after his miss against Airdrie. Probably right he was entitled to go for it but should've scored 

Rick Sanchez

I thought his celebration was a Darth Vader choke...turns out it might be Thor calling his hammer :laugh:

merseyjambo

Vargas type players should be the way forward for the club for the next few years. Bring them in for 12 months with a pre arranged fee for the player. Should they not work out, they can go back. This type of arrangement will become the norm due to FFP. 

France/Holland/Spain/Portugal have been doing this for years by bringing in young players from Africa/South America.

There are a lot of untapped areas where we can get talent from to come into the league.

Aberdeen started looking towards Eastern Europe with Mijovski and I think it was Hamdani. It’s another area we should look towards. There will be talent there for us to get.

hmfcbilly
On 17/02/2024 at 17:22, TyphoonJambo said:

What's the matter?

Shaddappa ya face 🤣🤣

19 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Better than Shanks?

:wtf:

• davemclaren changed the title to Kenneth Vargas ( merged )