• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Chimp

• FarmerTweedy

Has to be a 4 year deal for me. We've seen what he's capable of and the potential he has. Puts us in a very strong position if he were to develop into a top player over the next few years.

This has been played really well by Hearts.

The initial loan gave us the safety net in case things didn’t work out, and now they have we’ll get him permanently at a fair price.

RustyRightPeg

Another shrewd piece of business. Wee try before we buy and it's paid off.

Vlad Magic

Legend in the making.

All the signs are there.

He obviously loving it here so get the deal done. 4 years.

Apart from Shankland he’s the player who I’d most like to tie down. It’s taken a while for his confidence to get up and he’s a bit raw but I think he’s going to be absolutely fantastic. 

Give him free rein against the vermin,  I can see him absolutely terrorising that shower. Hat trick each for him and shanks.

Bob Loblaw

Great news, long deal please.

Wonder if getting a permanent deal makes it easier to get his kid across. Maybe help him settle even further.

Vlad Magic
24 minutes ago, sac said:

Give him free rein against the vermin,  I can see him absolutely terrorising that shower. Hat trick each for him and shanks.

Im calling a red card for a cynical foul on young Kenneth.

He seems a real good egg does our Kenneth. Apart from his obvious footballing abilities, loving the Hearts, always has a smile on his face, sending money back home so his dad can retire early. 

RustyRightPeg

Hope he can get his family over and properly settle, which I suspect he might be able to do given the security of a long term deal. 

I think the turning point was the dive against St J. Perhaps got a stern telling off and a we don't do that here. Seems to have fully gotten it since then. 

Exciting prospect.

If we can get a few good years from him, I can see him having a big money move to a European team. Win win all round - but only after we’ve won some cups …… and maybe the league!!!!

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kenneth-vargas-finalising-hearts-transfer-32167734

Vargas' dad confirming that he is finalizing signing permanently for Hearts.

Also that Vargas is loving being here despite the cold and being away from his family 

:av-1001:

Vargas was a great move.

With him and Dexter, Hearts have two contributors right now from CONCACAF. Hopefully that becomes a zone this recruitment staff is comfortable in. Can't say I follow Central America closely, but there are players down there and they're in the price range Hearts can afford.

You see larger clubs striking up partnerships around the globe. I know Hearts had some Houston, TX conversation under Levein but I think that perished with how his time ended. I wonder as the Hearts off pitch situation continues to improve if they may try to strike up partnerships in Japan or Central America to help find lower profile talents like Vargas. Call up George Brown at Monterrey!

Edinburgh is a world class, international city. Hearts should be ambitious. We're not trying to recruit players to a humble small city that, while a joy to live in, would be a different world for players from other parts of the globe.

7 minutes ago, Smithian said:

Vargas was a great move.

With him and Dexter, Hearts have two contributors right now from CONCACAF. Hopefully that becomes a zone this recruitment staff is comfortable in. Can't say I follow Central America closely, but there are players down there and they're in the price range Hearts can afford.

You see larger clubs striking up partnerships around the globe. I know Hearts had some Houston, TX conversation under Levein but I think that perished with how his time ended. I wonder as the Hearts off pitch situation continues to improve if they may try to strike up partnerships in Japan or Central America to help find lower profile talents like Vargas. Call up George Brown at Monterrey!

Edinburgh is a world class, international city. Hearts should be ambitious. We're not trying to recruit players to a humble small city that, while a joy to live in, would be a different world for players from other parts of the globe.

There’s certainly no lack of aggression in the South and Central American leagues. I think attacking players from that part of the world should mostly be used to rough defenders and hard graft

BelgeJambo

Only going to get better next season.  Good business for Hearts to get done.

Long deal should be done

Benny Klack

Delighted with this news - think this lad is only going to get better and better!

Costa Kenny 👑

Aussie Jambo

He’s totally started to come out his shell. That over head volley he did that hit the post.  Don’t know why but he reminds me of Ronaldo. Looking wise. If he eventually plays like him I’ll be well happy. 

gar jambo
9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Legend in the making.

All the signs are there.

He obviously loving it here so get the deal done. 4 years.

A 5 million plus player next season 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

He’s totally started to come out his shell. That over head volley he did that hit the post.  Don’t know why but he reminds me of Ronaldo. Looking wise. If he eventually plays like him I’ll be well happy. 

Goal of the season if that went in

5 goals in 20 odd appearances is a good return for a 21 year old this early into a new challenge. 

He's only going to improve as well.

Long term deal and then sell him on for millions to the Spanish leagues.

Aussie Jambo
28 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Goal of the season if that went in

Aye. 100%. But the goal he scored. Damn. One touch that brings the ball down then boom 

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

5 goals in 20 odd appearances is a good return for a 21 year old this early into a new challenge. 

He's only going to improve as well.

Long term deal and then sell him on for millions to the Spanish leagues.

He has currently scored 5 goals in his last 9 appearances. That is a great run of form and suggests he is adapting to Scottish football which can only get better.

Also noticed there has been only once when he has been in the matchday squad (starting or on the bench) where he has not played, in all competitions. 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Success stories can only help further projects 

True, maybe Kenny has a few talented footballing mates back in Costa Rica who'd like to join him in Edinburgh.

You can see how the Aussie connection is working for us, we now have 4 Aussies in our first team squad and none of them are fillers.  All 4 could hold down a starting place easily, some like Cammy hit the ground running straight away, others have taken time to acclimatise, but there is not one you could say is a failure and shouldn't be near our first team.

Our recruitment team will be well aware of those markets, whether Australia, Far East, Central America etc where players ultimate ambition is to make it to a big European league, and Hearts is a potential stepping stone.  Bring in young players from those leagues and you have players who are hungry to progress. 

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He has currently scored 5 goals in his last 9 appearances. That is a great run of form and suggests he is adapting to Scottish football which can only get better.

Also noticed there has been only once when he has been in the matchday squad (starting or on the bench) where he has not played, in all competitions. 

Think that’s the important stat and you can see it in his game that something has clicked. Not forgetting those 5 goals could easily have been more. 

Hopefully his dads online business takes off and he is here for many years. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Shree or Phwoar Year Deal?

The work ethic he has shown and the general overall life chance he has taken in moving here without his wife/child and not knowing any English really also shows something about the young man himself, and the confidence he has in himself.  Nice to see his family are letting him know they are proud of him.  I don’t want to make a negative comparison, suffice to say it’s good to see young Scottish players now do the same as opposed to be content to warm benches in Glasgow.  Lewis Ferguson has been made captain of Bologna and apparently is attracting interest from some of the really top Italian sides.  Good on him as well.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Also when he signs permanently, I hope we do it before the end of the season so he has a home game to see loads of Costa Rican flags around the place and feel the love.  Send him away buzzing over the summer.

chrisyboy7

We need to get right behind all new players..they can take many months to settle...this is nothing new...He has always worked his socks off. I'm hoping it's a 4 year deal....I want him to be part of the good seasons ahead...well done lad.

5 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Get his family over here ffs

I imagine his wages will stretch a lot further over there

ScandinavianJambo
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

True, maybe Kenny has a few talented footballing mates back in Costa Rica who'd like to join him in Edinburgh.

You can see how the Aussie connection is working for us, we now have 4 Aussies in our first team squad and none of them are fillers.  All 4 could hold down a starting place easily, some like Cammy hit the ground running straight away, others have taken time to acclimatise, but there is not one you could say is a failure and shouldn't be near our first team.

Our recruitment team will be well aware of those markets, whether Australia, Far East, Central America etc where players ultimate ambition is to make it to a big European league, and Hearts is a potential stepping stone.  Bring in young players from those leagues and you have players who are hungry to progress. 

Good point! 

TexasAndy

There is a lesson in giving new players time to settle.   Vargas contributed zero when he came off bench at Easter Road but in a few short weeks he's become a key contributor in the goal scoring stakes.  I thought he looked a decent player from the get go but adding goals takes him to a whole new level.  

saxondale
21 hours ago, Chimp said:

Has to be a 4 year deal for me. We've seen what he's capable of and the potential he has. Puts us in a very strong position if he were to develop into a top player over the next few years.

It absolutely has to be 4 years. Playing for Hearts normally involves a season of injuries, a season of bad form and then before you know it they have 1 year left on their contract, they don't sign a new contract and we get nowt (financially) from the player, once again.

innerjambo

Had a good feeling about this lad, even after his cameo debut. His work rate was that of a real grafter, tracking back to make a crucial tackle, his speed and obvious skill. I think we have uncovered a real gem.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Happy to trust Naismith.

Absolutely. Think Naisy rates him though. 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

There is a lesson in giving new players time to settle.   Vargas contributed zero when he came off bench at Easter Road but in a few short weeks he's become a key contributor in the goal scoring stakes.  I thought he looked a decent player from the get go but adding goals takes him to a whole new level.  

Exactly. 

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Had a good feeling about this lad, even after his cameo debut. His work rate was that of a real grafter, tracking back to make a crucial tackle, his speed and obvious skill. I think we have uncovered a real gem.

Me too, add game intelligence (timing his runs) to that list.

Vlad Magic

Love how he’s always on his toes ready for even a sniff of a through ball or a break up of play.

Hes always ready for something to happen. Hes like a coiled spring ready to burst out.

Fantastic attitude and fitness levels. Boys a real star in the making.

chrisyboy7
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I imagine his wages will stretch a lot further over there

I would imagine family is important for him so they will come. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Kenneth Vargas ( merged )