Kenneth Vargas ( merged )

HeartsandonlyHearts

jager man

I'm not comparing Kenny to Ronaldo firstly, but Ronaldo's first season at United was probably one of his worst in his career.  He had to learn a new game. I believe Kenny is getting better every game in all aspects. This boy could be a serious find. Only thing he lacks is a bit of aggression and that is easy to find. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Bazzas right boot

• Chimp

• FarmerTweedy

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Naismith has just got so much out of this squad. Fantastic, I’m totally buzzing about Hearts right now and can’t wait for the next game. 

TBF  there are no passengers at Hearts just now.

Everybody does there thing very well.

Naismith  winning attitude as  a player,transferring into the mindset of our players.

Happy days.

Rocky jamboa

A great wee player and starting to add goals and assists to his overall good play. 👍🏻 

What's the deal with his contract? Is it our choice to keep him or would we need to negotiate with the club and player?? 

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Tott said:

Isn't the deal ,we have the option to buy at end of the loan?

Indeed. And he a wee handsome bugger too 🤩😆

ScandinavianJambo
6 minutes ago, jager man said:

I'm not comparing Kenny to Ronaldo firstly, but Ronaldo's first season at United was probably one of his worst in his career.  He had to learn a new game. I believe Kenny is getting better every game in all aspects. This boy could be a serious find. Only thing he lacks is a bit of aggression and that is easy to find. 

A couple of seasons in the SPFL with our refs should see to that!

Absolutely love the lad, follow him on Instagram and his Mrs posted from Embra Castle last week. Hope she witnessed that today. 

Vlad Magic

Legend in the making.

All the signs are there.

He obviously loving it here so get the deal done. 4 years.

1 hour ago, jager man said:

He lacks aggression? That's one of the most obvious parts of his game. I've never seen him shirk a challenge and he clearly enjoys the physical side of things. The boy LOVES a shoulder barge!

I should also add – look at his goal today...he uses his body to nudge O'Donnell out of the way and make space for the finish.

Edited by Gershwin

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

He lacks aggression? That's one of the most obvious parts of his game. I've never seen him shirk a challenge and he clearly enjoys the physical side of things. The boy LOVES a shoulder barge!

Agree, he's always shown that side to his game. Great wee player.

Jamstomorrow
18 minutes ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Viva las Vargas! 

If not suggested already, could this be a tribute song for Kenneth Vargas?

Chuck Berry

Takes time to settle into a completely new environment and learn the language, but you can see he's improving with every game and has a smail on his face.

Probably like Oda is well, I'm certain he had a translator on the bench today.

4 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Takes time to settle into a completely new environment and learn the language, but you can see he's improving with every game and has a smail on his face.

Probably like Oda is well, I'm certain he had a translator on the bench today.

The Hoff is apparently teaching him English when they car share, so he might end up with an Aussie accent :D

Cracking wee player👍

tiger Rudi
8 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Watching that goal back just reminds me of Rudi. Really hope we sign him up.

Yes very Skacel-like. Sweetly struck, left footed, same body shape, the lot. Get him signed permanently he's going to be a star. 

stuart500

Was in the Roseburn today so didn't really appreciate how sublime the touch and turn for his goal was. Just seen it on Sportscene and it was as good a strikers goal you'll see at any level. This lad is growing week by week. 

brawlad74

Seems really happy when he plays and now starting to get amongst the regular goals. C'mon Hearts get this young man on a long term deal. 

1 hour ago, jager man said:

Kenny Ronaldo!! Would soil masel at the prospect, too late, done it.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Rudiesque  finish today 😃

Hero in the making. 

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

FTFY!

johnking123
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Reminds me a little of David Milinkovic.

Plays with a bit more purpose than Milinkovic. David could be a bit of headless chicken at times. Vargas is more direct and know what wants to do.

been here before
3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Plays with a bit more purpose than Milinkovic. David could be a bit of headless chicken at times. Vargas is more direct and know what wants to do.

Aye and Vargas doesnt wear gloves. He just gives me the same cavalier vibes.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, whodanny said:

I believe there have already been negotiations. One possible stumbling block might be if Kenny feels he is settling here in Scotland ok. He's still a young guy, but what a chance he has to put himself in the spotlight. Great wee prospect, I hope we get him. 

I know it's hard to know how players are away from the actual games, but he always seems to be playing with a smile on his face, and looks for all the world like he's thoroughly enjoying himself here. I think it was the Hoff that said recently that they're car sharing to training, and it sounded like they're getting on well.  The big thing, I believe, is that Kenneth has a wife and young baby at home, and you'd have to imagine he'll only be happy in the longer term if they come over to join him and also settle well!

6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I know it's hard to know how players are away from the actual games, but he always seems to be playing with a smile on his face, and looks for all the world like he's thoroughly enjoying himself here. I think it was the Hoff that said recently that they're car sharing to training, and it sounded like they're getting on well.  The big thing, I believe, is that Kenneth has a wife and young baby at home, and you'd have to imagine he'll only be happy in the longer term if they come over to join him and also settle well!

Very good point.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Absolutely love the lad, follow him on Instagram and his Mrs posted from Embra Castle last week. Hope she witnessed that today. 

Interesting!  Do you know if she's actually relocated to Edinburgh or was just over for a short visit?  If the latter, I hope the weather hasn't put her off staying longer term!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That touch and finish

:clumshot:

The one that hit the post would have been a belter if it had gone in!

FarmerTweedy
25 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Made ma day

I'm the epitome of being torn between wanting to have friends and wanting to correct people's grammar and spelling!  🥴

FarmerTweedy
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Reminds me a little of David Milinkovic.

Tbh, I think he's already a more effective player than Milinkovic was, and I think he'll continue to improve. 

jamboinglasgow

Love him, he is what you want in a young striker. Determined, not afraid to track back, and loves to attempt something to score.

The control turn and finish of his goal was fantastic, I can see why people saw it as Rudi-esque. His shot that hit the post, you just dont see players in Scottish football attempting that kind of strike. I thought he looked a lot more confident today and not afraid to try something. 

If we can get him signed permanently which it looks like we will, then I think he will only get better.

He looks happy here and hopefully getting a full contract means his family can move over as it must be tough to be away from your wife and child for so long.

4 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Let’s make it official please.

We will when the loan ends and it’s time to trigger the option

washniklaw

His partner was there today.

I overheard Hoff teaching him ‘Overhead kick’ about the attempt that hit the post 😂. Quite a bromance blooming between them and their partners seemed to be happy in each others company.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That touch and finish

:clumshot:

The one that hit the post was some effort too.  Goals clearly increasing his confidence.

4 year deal and pay the agreed price ASAP. If this is what he’s capable of at 21 imagine what he’ll be like in future. Mature beyond his years and he could make us a few quid down the line. The boy seems to have a brilliant attitude and I love his swagger. Exciting player and we really might have finally unearthed a proper gem.

What a player. Not ashamed to admit I had my doubts but he’s settled in extremely well and deserves all the plaudits.

Needs a song!

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Rudiesq  finish today 😃

Hero in the making. 

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

My thoughts exactly.

Our best stuff usually comes with him on the pitch. Attitude is brilliant and he’s getting up to the Ginnelly level of goals contribution now. May even surpass. Sign him up

dunciboyjambo

Vargas is 21, twenty fekin one, he’s just moved from the other side of the world, left his one year old son to make a life for himself, any father or mother will know how difficult that would be… very very good player for his age and mentality, 4 year deal please hearts. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Kenneth Vargas ( merged )