Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, grumpyespana said:

We have a striker who gets in behind called Tagawa its just that when he makes those runs he never gets that killer pass to him guys lol.

I agree,but as much as I want to see us be quicker and more in behind upfront.

I can see why Shankland starts ahead of him, the fans would absolutely lose it if Shankland got benched or dropped.

And Naismith doesn't need anymore reasons for the fans to turn on him.

Shankland is a great finisher the best in our league.

I'm genuinely gutted we lost Gino, because with his pace and Shankland just behind him.

We had teams absolutely lost they didn't know what to do or how to combat it.

Do i stick with Gino ? Or do i stay on Shankland?

The 4231 worked perfectly with them.

Two disciplined central midfielders.

One more creative than the other just my opinion and you have a very solid attack and midfield.

With Gino upfront and being aggressive in his press,it rubbed off In certain others in the team good habits.

Remember Mckay ? Never tracks back is lazy?

Watch from 3.40 mckays press wins us the ball resulting in a goal.

What a partnership.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

Gordons left glove
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We didn’t pay a fee for snodgrass. And guerin was nearly c25 years ago 🤣

That's what I'm saying though, there would be no fee for malcuit. Guerin just an example

Jim Panzee
47 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

So fed up with folk bringing up Nouble. 

This Nouble.....

nouble.JPG.995042d9001a10eaa2d36f451d41dd45.JPG

kingantti1874
48 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

That's what I'm saying though, there would be no fee for malcuit. Guerin just an example

👍🏻 misinterpreted.  Always room for a little bit of experience but highly depends on character.

snodgrass for example was clearly a problem in the dressing room.  I’m sure he didn’t mean to be but clearly wasn’t a good fit

Scott Leitch
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Decent list that, add in Johnston at Celtic, Wright from Rangers?

Although Johnston is probably beyond us.

Johnston 😂 The same Johnston who is a star for West Brom? Aye we can compete with the kind of offers he'd get. 

You're up in the clouds Tosh. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Greg Docherty OOC with Hull in the summer, would show intent to get him in

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

This Nouble.....

nouble.JPG.995042d9001a10eaa2d36f451d41dd45.JPG

That's actually honking haha, didn't realise he hadn't scored in the league. Even more reason to get those suggestions in the sea. 

This is really saying something because I think he's horrendous, but I would rather have Jordan White from Ross County 😂

Batistuta87

Can see us getting offers in for some key players and some fringe players, and cashing in on some of them – particularly those in the last year of their contracts. There’s at least five who fall into that category for me (Shankland, Sibbick, Rowles, Grant, Cochrane) – all of whom will need replacing. Shankland would obviously be the biggest loss so I’d rather not in his case, but we’d find it pretty hard to turn down a suitable offer if we get one. 

Haring, Halliday, Fraser, Lembikisa and probably McGovern will likely need replacing as well, so there’s another 3 or 4 in. 

Quite quickly we’ll be looking at needing 7 or 8 new faces, in addition to Dhanda arriving and Neilson coming back from Partick. 

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Lasse Sorensen Lincoln city

Nigel Lonwijk Wolves

Bradley de  Nooijer CSKA Sofia

Karamoko Dembele Brest Fc 

Mika Beireth Arsenal

Beireth might not make it at Arsenal but he’ll be in with the first team in the summer. 8 goals and an assist in 11 games for Sturm Graz, including 3 goals (2 v Slovan and 1 v Lille) in 4 games in the conference league.

I think he’ll be back on loan to a Top 5 league team next year.

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sorry I misunderstood your post - re-read it now and I get what you mean!

Thought so! No worries man. 

Batistuta87
Just now, Dayman said:

Beireth might not make it at Arsenal but he’ll be in with the first team in the summer. 8 goals and an assist in 11 games for Sturm Graz, including 3 goals (2 v Slovan and 1 v Lille) in 4 games in the conference league.

I think he’ll be back on loan to a Top 5 league team next year.

Thought so! No worries man. 

Aye Biereth ship has sailed. Similar to Simms, he's well out of reach now and if he's not going to be on Arsenal's bench next season, which he very well could be, then his next loan move will probably be to at least France/Belgium/Holland/lower Bundesliga/English Championship.

RustyRightPeg

I was going to suggest Yengi from Livi but I had no idea he'd signed a 2 and a half year deal with them. Wee Davy will be seeking millions n millions.

6 foot 5 with a turn of pace. 4 in 7 for them so far, and he noised the green brigade up at Parkhead after he scored. Yes from me.  

ROCK LOBSTER
55 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I was going to suggest Yengi from Livi but I had no idea he'd signed a 2 and a half year deal with them. Wee Davy will be seeking millions n millions.

6 foot 5 with a turn of pace. 4 in 7 for them so far, and he noised the green brigade up at Parkhead after he scored. Yes from me.  

We must look at improving the team Imo no players from Livingston will do this. It is a must that we improve the squad to push us further ahead of the rest and not just stand still. We need to look for an aggressive cb and cm a right back is needed Ramsey from Liverpool on loan would be a good choice and an upgrade on what we have Doak is another loan option for wide areas the problem is there will be a new manager at Liverpool. Armstrong at killie is a good shout if we can get him for a decent price. If we lose shanks it'll be a problem but surely we have a list of replacements. We need pace throughout the team but every team will know this pushing the price up. It will be difficult and we might not get every thing that we want but must not panic, it must be quality that comes in unfortunately I don't have the answer but the squad has to be improved.

Gordons left glove
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

👍🏻 misinterpreted.  Always room for a little bit of experience but highly depends on character.

snodgrass for example was clearly a problem in the dressing room.  I’m sure he didn’t mean to be but clearly wasn’t a good fit

Going by his hair he looks a prima Donna 😂

Looking at how Souttar, Gino and now Beni miraculously managed to find form and fitness in the final stages of their contracts, I'd be tempted to keep Grant next year as backup for whoever comes in to play the number 10 role.

Could see us having to replace Lembikisa, Cocherane, Beni, Fraser, Tagawa and Shankland this summer. I doubt we'd be difficult to deal with if there was interest in Atkinson, Sibbick or Devlin either. 

A huge window ahead for Savage and Naismith.

Jim Panzee
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Can see us getting offers in for some key players and some fringe players, and cashing in on some of them – particularly those in the last year of their contracts. There’s at least five who fall into that category for me (Shankland, Sibbick, Rowles, Grant, Cochrane) – all of whom will need replacing. Shankland would obviously be the biggest loss so I’d rather not in his case, but we’d find it pretty hard to turn down a suitable offer if we get one. 

Haring, Halliday, Fraser, Lembikisa and probably McGovern will likely need replacing as well, so there’s another 3 or 4 in. 

Quite quickly we’ll be looking at needing 7 or 8 new faces, in addition to Dhanda arriving and Neilson coming back from Partick. 

Didn't Rowles sign a 15 million year contract extension last year?

he's here for a few more years yet?

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Didn't Rowles sign a 15 million year contract extension last year?

he's here for a few more years yet?

Not specifically including him in any of the categories I mentioned, I just think we'll get offers. He's very good alongside a big heed the baw type - where they win in in the air and he wins it on the ground. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He looks like a good find for Livi. Also early days but I quite like the look of big Theo Bair at Motherwell. 

Jim Panzee
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not specifically including him in any of the categories I mentioned, I just think we'll get offers. He's very good alongside a big heed the baw type - where they win in in the air and he wins it on the ground. 

👍

ROCK LOBSTER
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He looks like a good find for Livi. Also early days but I quite like the look of big Theo Bair at Motherwell. 

My fear is another John Sutton 

mitch41

The players Naismith wants to sign and is hampered by a budget that does not meet the manager or fans expectations could be a major problem. If we aren’t moving forward we’ll be falling behind because there’s no standing still in football.

At this moment in time there should be players identified to move out either by freeing or selling. With players targeted that will improve the team by the Scouts, DOF, Head of Recruitment, Management, a tip-off from friends or ex players & Agents there has to be some reward for the resources Hearts are putting into putting a team that competes consistently in every game & competition. Let’s get real quality in that not only improves the team but helps the young lads on the verge of regular first team football make it happen. It’s a win win situation that can be achieved on a budget that Hearts can afford.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The players Naismith wants to sign and is hampered by a budget that does not meet the manager or fans expectations could be a major problem. If we aren’t moving forward we’ll be falling behind because there’s no standing still in football.

At this moment in time there should be players identified to move out either by freeing or selling. With players targeted that will improve the team by the Scouts, DOF, Head of Recruitment, Management, a tip-off from friends or ex players & Agents there has to be some reward for the resources Hearts are putting into putting a team that competes consistently in every game & competition. Let’s get real quality in that not only improves the team but helps the young lads on the verge of regular first team football make it happen. It’s a win win situation that can be achieved on a budget that Hearts can afford.

Budgets aren't, and shouldn't be, set by expectations. 😄

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Budgets aren't, and shouldn't be, set by expectations. 😄

Exactly. Aim higher than expectations. It’s only money at the end of the day. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

🥸

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

To be fair they tend to be set by projections 😄

GinRummy
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair they tend to be set by projections 😄

Should be able to afford some decent upgrades next season assuming euro money and close to record season ticket sales. I reckon a few will leave for decent cash as well. Looking forward to the next window. 

ROCK LOBSTER
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

This is the way forward, was told that Mr Anderson suggested this a couple of seasons ago but we were tied to the hotel at the time, now everything is done we might see more money heading to the playing staff but it's not paying 1 million on a player but the wages that go with it,we've got to box clever and get the best deals possible 

south morocco
1 hour ago, ROCK LOBSTER said:

This is the way forward, was told that Mr Anderson suggested this a couple of seasons ago but we were tied to the hotel at the time, now everything is done we might see more money heading to the playing staff but it's not paying 1 million on a player but the wages that go with it,we've got to box clever and get the best deals possible 

I think this has already been suggested.

copa-mundial

Is there any more on the rumor of Nat Phillips from St.Johnstone? 

If Beni does decide on leaving. Phillips wouldn't be a bad replacement. 

jr ewing
16 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Think we will break out transfer record in the summer.

Maybe get a right back. Been saving up for 3 years. 

Watt-Zeefuik
13 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Like this guy?

0_HkrkALwHLh7mfudt.jpg

Not sure where Ian McKellen fits into the side at his age but bold claim to be sure, fair play.

Luckies1874

Budge:

"What I'm looking forward to in a way is next year when there is no big infrastructure project on the horizon. All of the money that comes in will continue to be spent because we're not a bank and we're not looking to build up a war chest or whatever. We will be spending on the players to
make us stronger, I hope."

Cameronstheman

Bottom line is, if you spend peanuts you by and large get  monkeys 

Agents know that outside  the OF in the SPL there aint much between  Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs  when players are offered 

No guarantee that the highest bidder gets the best, but we are now in the position to up the anti and then some 

Looking good if and when we secure 3rd we steal a march

Even the revenue from the Semi and who knows the final we are in such a great way 

FTH/Sheep/OF

gregzy2k7
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Budge:

"What I'm looking forward to in a way is next year when there is no big infrastructure project on the horizon. All of the money that comes in will continue to be spent because we're not a bank and we're not looking to build up a war chest or whatever. We will be spending on the players to

:yas::wonga:

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Budge:

There's sneaky war chest being built anaw, she just building up the surprise factor!

Aussie Jambo

When we get Dhanda. Could this be his song?

Dhan-da-da-da 

soonbe110
14 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What’s the budget for this summer and next season? 

mitch41

I can see that the priority now for Hearts is going to be the team/players that we support and follow, at least that’s what is being suggested. The one asset we shouldn’t forget is the manager and his staff who the Board must back with total confidence and trust so they can take Hearts to a higher level where we belong.

johnking123

As I said before. Wage bill will be highest since vlad took over. Would not be surprised if it goes up to 17-18 million 

soonbe110
12 hours ago, copa-mundial said:

Is there any more on the rumor of Nat Phillips from St.Johnstone? 

If Beni does decide on leaving. Phillips wouldn't be a bad replacement. 

Think it’s his brother Dan we are after. We already have one Nat too many😂😂😂

mitch41
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What’s the budget for this summer and next season? 

Loads of money spent on incentive bonuses in wages on loads of freedom of contract players rather than buying players at ridiculous prices. All this unless a player becomes available for a bargain price that is a no brainer in what he can do for the club.

copa-mundial
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

🙈 yes, Dan phillips 🤣

Gorgierools
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Any truth in this rumour or is it a kickfact?

soonbe110
6 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Any truth in this rumour or is it a kickfact?

It’s a rumour🤷‍♂️

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a rumour🤷‍♂️

Hopefully some truth in it

Decent player.

Dan Phillips could be a shrewd signing, I know its not exactly much to go on, but his values went up since he went to St Johnstone and seems to be a pretty key player for them. 

image.png.932837cde476311ed9f5be3c0e6c0e46.png

Big issue for me is the forward options. I think the ball is absolutely getting stuck in midfield with no one dynamic enough to progress the ball effectively, but our attackers outside of Shankland don't seem very good. 

9 hours ago, OTT said:

Dan Phillips could be a shrewd signing, I know its not exactly much to go on, but his values went up since he went to St Johnstone and seems to be a pretty key player for them. 

image.png.932837cde476311ed9f5be3c0e6c0e46.png

Big issue for me is the forward options. I think the ball is absolutely getting stuck in midfield with no one dynamic enough to progress the ball effectively, but our attackers outside of Shankland don't seem very good. 

Been impressed with him any time I've seen him. Proper battler and possibly an upgrade on Devlin . Stronger and better on the ball.

Batistuta87

I know I keep slating folk for bringing him up, but I wonder if Jimmy Dunne might be one worth looking at this year now that his contract is running out and that QPR are looking like relegation candidated. He's apparently on just under £8k pw. We'd probably only be able to offer about half that but it just all depends what offers he has on the table at the end of the day.

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Vargas signs 5 year deal ( updated )