Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Herts90
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Given the clubs reluctance to announce Dhanda, I  do get the feeling we may already have secured one or 2 more on pre contracts already. 

No inside information but would t be surprised to see us confirm a couple.  Prentice is one we are defo after and I know for a fact we tried for Ryan Strain last season.

I think your right we defo have 1 or 2 maybe secured up our sleeve. dhanda defo as he’s bought house in Bonnyrigg and believe Penrice was agreed earlier this month

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers ( merged ) - Penrice on a pre transfer?
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• RustyRightPeg

• Batistuta87

• kingantti1874

pettigrewsstylist
53 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Nobody has a crystal ball but proven mid 20s players who know the league with no transfer outlay is good business. Didnt realise he had made first team debut at 17yrs.

kingantti1874
Just now, Herts90 said:

I think your right we defo have 1 or 2 maybe secured up our sleeve. dhanda defo as he’s bought house in Bonnyrigg and believe Penrice was agreed earlier this month

👍🏻 I just have sneeky on strain as well.  I’m not ITK with hearts in any way, but I do know some people at stmirren and we were heavily linked with strain.  Would be another good addition imo on a free.

pettigrewsstylist
52 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good news. Strengthens left back cover and helps if Cochrane is sold in the summer.

Impressive that we now have two players due to come in the summer, not messing about.

There was chat about Philips pre contract in Jan.

RustyRightPeg

That’s quite definitive on Dhanda. Good stuff from the club. 

IMG_5079.jpeg

Boyces beard
32 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Cochrane is one of the best left backs in the league and will make us money in the summer no doubt. Bit unfair to compare him to Cochrane right away but hopefully can be a long term replacement. 

Cochrane is decent but lacks pace for me and occasionally gets caught on his blind side when defending. I feel Kingsley is the best left back at the club and when we go with a back four Kingsley should play there. Penrice is quicker than Cochrane and Kingsley and will be great competition for either of them.

gar jambo
3 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

any time I've seen him he looks the part. It's a no brainer for me if he's available on a free.

Witherspoon played his best football at saint Johnstone after hibs why not spittal 

Watt-Zeefuik

Getting the "guid Scottish laddies" portion of the window out of the way early.

We'll get to the 1-2 new Australians later. ::troll::

Bongo 1874

Have a feeling Rowles and Cochrane will both be sold.

With Kingsley being the favoured left sided centre back.

Possibly another left back to come in.

GBJambo
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Are you allergic to us selling players?! 

Our best players - yes .

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Getting the "guid Scottish laddies" portion of the window out of the way early.

We'll get to the 1-2 new Australians later. ::troll::

tilio made a mistake going to Celtic 🤔

Bongo 1874
Just now, GBJambo said:

Our best players - yes .

Going to happen mate unfortunately,maybe for the best in terms of style of play etc too.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Cochrane is decent but lacks pace for me and occasionally gets caught on his blind side when defending. I feel Kingsley is the best left back at the club and when we go with a back four Kingsley should play there. Penrice is quicker than Cochrane and Kingsley and will be great competition for either of them.

Cochrane defo adds goal threat arriving in box though.

kingantti1874

Danny Armstrong, Strain and Allan Campbell should be our top targets

edit: + Jimmy Dunne to play beside Kent 

Edited by kingantti1874

BelgeJambo

WTF is Savage doing? Kickback right?

Joking

Good to see some sensible business getting done early

1971fozzy
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Armstrong would cost over £1m

no chance

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cochrane defo adds goal threat arriving in box though.

He sure does, Penrice is very good going forward as well though, possibly even better than Cochrane.

Bongo 1874
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

no chance

If we get him for four/five years he's worth it.

Nothing to say we couldn't make money on him either.

Think positive.

tiger Rudi

Good signing, reminds me a wee bit of Naysmith. Now if he turns out half as good as him, we have a player. 👍 up from me. 

Now please spend some dosh on Armstrong! 

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we get him for four/five years he's worth it.

Nothing to say we couldn't make money on him either.

Think positive.

id love to see him here but thats a transfer record fee easily. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

no chance

people keep saying this .  We should make north of £6m from Europe, new sponsorship deal, hotel + surrounding benefit expected to generate £1.5 m profit.  A million more than last season in prize money from league.  And as ann said no longer do we need to direct benefactor funds to infra projects. On top of this let’s be honest we will likely see some sales.

we should easily be able to pay a million especially when group stage confined.  (And Killie wanted £600k last summer) 

if not now then when? 

Edited by kingantti1874

GBJambo
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Going to happen mate unfortunately,maybe for the best in terms of style of play etc too.

Yep I guess so 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

people keep saying this .  We should make north of £6m from Europe, new sponsorship deal, hotel + surrounding benefit expected to generate £1.5 m profit.  A million more than last season in prize money from league.  And as ann said no longer do we need to direct benefactor funds to infra projects. On top of this let’s be honest we will likely see some sales.

we should easily be able to pay a million especially when group stage confined.  (And Killie wanted £600k last summer) 

if not now then when? 

We have just secured two players for feck all too.

That can be improved and potentially sold on.

100% behind this strategy.

Top it of with an experienced central midfielder that's 28.

And Savage can stay for life 🤣😂

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👍🏻 I just have sneeky on strain as well.  I’m not ITK with hearts in any way, but I do know some people at stmirren and we were heavily linked with strain.  Would be another good addition imo on a free.

It's what a lot of fans have been asking for. Players who know the league and not coming in from the otherside of the planet needing time to settle into Scottish football and our culture etc.

Trying word that without sounding like a xenophobic dick 😆 

Obviously happy to have players signed from wherever in the world if they're going to add real quality to the squad. If we look at our 05 team it had a spine of players brought in from other Scottish sides and a good bit of foreign flair too.

Strain would be a good signing I reckon. Hope we are in for him

Edited by Hansel

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

if not now then when? 

Agree. It's the next step and at a level that should be realistic. It's not like we are talking about 2-3 million plus the associated wages. In addition to the incoming figures you have listed there will be at least one player sold in all likelihood; probably Shankland and/or Cocharne which brings in another couple of million minimum. Frankly we should be reinvesting all of that money into a couple of big signings, relatively speaking. 

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Our best players - yes .

Yeah but every player has a price. As I’ve said previously, the player trading model needs improvement. Two big sales is the best way to kickstart that. 

Smithian
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah but every player has a price. As I’ve said previously, the player trading model needs improvement. Two big sales is the best way to kickstart that. 

Clear eyed and unsentimental.

This is the way.

Famous 1874

Penrice is a good squad option who will alleviate pressure on our starting left back whether that is Cochrane or someone else. 

Homegrown, knows the league and has played lots of games. Still at the age whereby he can kick on further. 

Dhanda already in the door who automatically replaces Scott Fraser in the squad. Huge upgrade. Another number 10 type player to come in I reckon. 

I wonder if Dan Philips coming in may be dependent on the situation with Beni’s contract. Irrespective I’d be bringing him in. An upgrade on Devlin. 

Need to be looking at 2 right backs. Dexter will go back to Wolves and I’d be fine selling Atkinson. Get a proper good right back in the door and then someone who like Penrice can alleviate the pressure or a promising academy player. 

Hector Riva
22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I like that.

25 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Spittal next please.

Good signing. Much like Forrest. Should be a steady signing 

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I do have a feeling that may happen. I do think Kingsley is seen as a centre back first. Alongside Kent its a strong pairing. If get a younger left sided centre back to be backup to Kingsley.

As you say it will likely mean another left back, though it seems the club rates Drysdale.

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup, its the only source of income we have not improved on. Having a decent player trading model can do a lot, especially with transfers that include sell on fees which can bring extra income down the line. Also you want to attract players who want to end up at a higher level, if they see the club doesn't really move players on then they may be reluctant or just run down the contract.

1971fozzy
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

if not now then when? 

I agree btw - he would be an awesome signing and an investment given his age.  👍

Edited by 1971fozzy

Leveins Battalion

Dhanda and Penrice are 2 cracking signings,exactly what I want to see at Hearts.

Phillips is another at his age,an international that we should be all over.

For me I hope we sign a Centre Half,as others have said Josh Knight is the one that stick out.

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wouldn't have the pazazz of some windows but would be very solid acquisitions 

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can’t see there being a queue to buy Rowles.  Maybe if he’s available on a free or a nominal fee but who’s going to buy him?  He’s not suited to Scottish football and not physically strong enough for the English Championship either.  

Probably a good time to sell Cochrane but although I like him he is a bit suspect defensively which could put off potential suitors. 

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Wouldn't have the pazazz of some windows but would be very solid acquisitions 

yip. We need to start signing players who know the league and push the boat out for the likes of Armstrong. No brainer if we have money.  The 2 signings so far are solid low risk with huge potential to improve us (especially Dhanda).  We did it in the late 90’s with the likes of McCann, Cameron and the likes of Webster / Pressley.  

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can’t see there being a queue to buy Rowles.  Maybe if he’s available on a free or a nominal fee but who’s going to buy him?  He’s not suited to Scottish football and not physically strong enough for the English Championship either.  

Probably a good time to sell Cochrane but although I like him he is a bit suspect defensively which could put off potential suitors. 

If people watch Rowles in an Australia shirt there will be. Just hope his agent deletes the footage away to Ross county etc 

indianajones

Some madness on this thread.

Kye is good when paired with the right person. Great player for this league. 

Great deal re Penrice. Just hope it isnt a Cochrane replacement as it would be a downgrade imo. 

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Considering Rowles is under contract until the summer of 2028 he ain't going on a free or for a nominal fee anytime soon! He is very much someone that Hearts plan to make money on and I believe will be successful in that aim. Has had a very solid season, improved significantly and at only 25 has plenty time to fulfil his potential in a position where he is likely a few years from his peak. 

Edited by Luckies1874

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If people watch Rowles in an Australia shirt there will be. Just hope his agent deletes the footage away to Ross county etc 

I think Rowles has been good this season (with last weekend being a bad blip.) But also think he could move to the continent and do well there.

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Some madness on this thread.

Kye is good when paired with the right person. Great player for this league. 

Great deal re Penrice. Just hope it isnt a Cochrane replacement as it would be a downgrade imo. 

Completely agree with you there about Rowles. I also dont think its a bad thing, a lot of defenders work best when they have the right player alongside them to compliment their abilities. 

Heck, look at David Luiz, he has had over £100m on him spent through out his career and he always needed a centre back partner to talk him through the game. When he had that he was amazing, when he didn't have that then it could often be a disaster (see Brazil losing 7-1 to Germany, with Thiago Silva suspended for the game.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Watt-Zeefuik

I realize he just signed a very long contract and probably Killie will be looking to move him to the OF, but I still say David Watson at Killie would be worth a punt if he were available for a reasonable fee.

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

I like that.

it would be phenomenal business.  A little bit of pizazz up front and we’d be sorted 

Corstorphine Jambo

Haven’t seen loads of Penrice but from what I have seen, he’s a decent addition to the squad. For me, Cochrane has been at his best since he came in an attacking left side with McKay - that combo has been arguably one of our most potent attacking threats over the last couple of seasons. But for all the attacking threat, that has to be balanced against his not so great defending. If he’s not sold in the summer then we have some healthy competition 

• davemclaren changed the title to Summer 24 Transfers - Beni signs 2 year deal