• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Bauld

• King prawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for it 1308
26 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was about to say this - I think they're about the one lower league team that will insist on playing it out from the back. This is a chance for Rhys McCabe to test his style of play, coaching etc. against the 3rd biggest side in the country. Sneaking a fluke win from long ball won't be even considered. 

I think they might be a bit more compact and defensive, but they won't be throwing their style of play out the window. 

Hopefully a decent game of football for both sets of fans to enjoy :) 

**** the decent game of football for both fans. I just want a win for HMFC ...ugly or pretty...I dont care

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Airdrie giving me the fear too due to the 90s.

Do not take them lightly.

Clydebank mate

rudeskaboyuk

Clydebank gave us some scary times too. We always struggled in their tight wee all seater stadium. 

Could even argue their stuffiness cost us the league title in 1986 ! 

Gillsland jack

This is going to be one hell of a cup game, I hope our boy's have been well warned and are switched on from the get go.

4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

**** the decent game of football for both fans. I just want a win for HMFC ...ugly or pretty...I dont care

This.

"A good game for both sets of fans." :lol:

**** them, I hope they go home absolutely gutted 'cause they've been annihilated.

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, 151 said:

This.

"A good game for both sets of fans." :lol:

**** them, I hope they go home absolutely gutted 'cause they've been annihilated.

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

Jambof3tornado

Sounds like their manager wants to have a go. I can't see it,they'll sit in and defend so we need to pass quick and take the risks when we can.

Looking forward to it,but hoping drawing either of the old firm in Glasgow doesnt spoil things!!!

23 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

A decent game for us is a win. A decent game for them is seeing how well their style of play matches up. 

Us winning was the quiet bit... :lol: 

highlandjambo3

Glass is overflowing here…..right into them, a well orchestrated decent thumping from the off…………at least 2 goals to come from substitutes in the last 25 minutes 👍

Victorian
34 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Clydebank gave us some scary times too. We always struggled in their tight wee all seater stadium. 

Could even argue their stuffiness cost us the league title in 1986 ! 

:facepalm:

85/86.  We lost at Kilbowie in the 1st round of fixtures and then drew there due to a late equaliser saving the unbeaten run in the 3rd round.  I think the 1st home match was 4-1 and,  famously,  the penultimate match of the season was only 1-0.

3 points and and some probably crucial goals.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:facepalm:

85/86.  We lost at Kilbowie in the 1st round of fixtures and then drew there due to a late equaliser saving the unbeaten run in the 3rd round.  I think the 1st home match was 4-1 and,  famously,  the penultimate match of the season was only 1-0.

3 points and and some probably crucial goals.

Hearts only defeat to Clydebank in 80 years. 

Famous 1874

Would like to see young Tait start today. Think he’s earned it.

Suspect Naisy will keep the midfield 3 as Beni, Nieuwenhof and Fraser though. 

Gordon will be in net and I think we might see Halkett at centre back. 

gar jambo
53 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sounds like their manager wants to have a go. I can't see it,they'll sit in and defend so we need to pass quick and take the risks when we can.

Looking forward to it,but hoping drawing either of the old firm in Glasgow doesnt spoil things!!!

A better start from us is crucial in the cup 

Felix Lighter

Probably mentioned already, but just noticed that the draw is being made before our game kicks off. 

What a joke.

Turkishcap
1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

Probably mentioned already, but just noticed that the draw is being made before our game kicks off. 

What a joke.

Yep in the quarters before we play.

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Yep in the quarters before we play.

Call me Mr Cynical but it could influence the way our game is refereed.

Airdrie or Hearts v Rangers 

Airdrie or Hearts v Celtic.

If I was a 'fan' of one of the arse cheeks... 

4 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Call me Mr Cynical but it could influence the way our game is refereed.

Airdrie or Hearts v Rangers 

Airdrie or Hearts v Celtic.

If I was a 'fan' of one of the arse cheeks... 

In my thoughts also.😏

Lovecraft
7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

In my thoughts also.😏

Who is today's ref?

Not that it makes much difference really, they are all ****s.

CloustonHMFC
3 hours ago, jambo_74 said:

The bit in bold is not true, but that aside, I wasn't really meaning the freefall was entirely down to Gordon being injured, just that we didn't hit freefall until later on in the season.

Although it is true.

Upto and including the game against Dundee Utd we conceded 48 goals in 26 games making an average of 1.8 goals a game.

After the game against Utd on 24.12 we played 24 games and conceded 32 goals making an average of 1.3 goals a game.

There is possibly an argument to be had about the quality of opposition but on the raw numbers we conceded less goals in the second half of the season.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

We were leaking goals before then, mostly because we had lost Halkett, Beni and I think Kingsley too, there is another factor here though, and it's not just about who starts today.  There is a lobby on Kickback for the return of CG  as Hearts's first-choice goalie, and they see this game as an 'easy' game and an opportunity to get him in.

This is a crucial game, maybe our most important game so far given that the Cup is our last opportunity for silverware. It's a game for our first-choice goalie and that's Zander, according to SN.  To bring in CG sends out the wrong message to Aidrie, their manager will be telling his team that we are using this match to give CG some game time because we think that they're weak opposition.

My prediction is that SN will not be giving any hostages to Fortune, and Zander will start. There's going to be plenty of opportunity to get game time for CG quite soon.

Prediction; this is going to be a hell of a battle, and if it goes to penalties we will be out, whoever is in goal.

Don't disagree with anything that you have said, i just think your timings are out. No doubt wwe had sticky fixtures prior to Gordon being out injured and results didn't always go our way. however the absolute freefall that culminated in Neilson losing his job was after CG was injured, we were comfortable in third at that point. But as for replacing our goalie for a game like this, I would tend to agree, not the right time. We need the cup and the message that would send to the opposition could galvanise them.

Edited by jambo_74

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Who is today's ref?

Steven McLean 😳

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Although it is true.

Upto and including the game against Dundee Utd we conceded 48 goals in 26 games making an average of 1.8 goals a game.

After the game against Utd on 24.12 we played 24 games and conceded 32 goals making an average of 1.3 goals a game.

There is possibly an argument to be had about the quality of opposition but on the raw numbers we conceded less goals in the second half of the season.

Wow mate, that's some number crunching you've done right there. I thought i liked stats, but you've reached new levels. You're not an actuary by chance?  😀👍

On 07/02/2024 at 22:48, BigAlim said:

Nah

would like this to be a nice, comfortable, easily forgettable 3-0 win

I’m not convinced that the old firm are a safe bet to win the cup if we don’t, meaning this is still our best route to Europa League

We would all like that but when was the last time we had a comfortable 3-0 win!

9 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Who is today's ref?

Mr Steven McLean, so if we or Airdrie get drawn against the huns? Guess who’s going to be assisted all the way.😏

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Don't disagree with anything that you have said, i just think your timings are out. No doubt wwe had sticky fixtures prior to Gordon being out injured and results didn't always go our way. however the absolute freefall that culminated in Neilson losing his job was after CG was injured, we were comfortable in second at that point. But as for replacing our goalie for a game like this, I would tend to agree, not the right time. We need the cup and the message that would send to the opposition could galvanise them.

You're probably right. We had a lot of injuries around the time that the freefall set it as well as issues of Snodgrass in the dressing room, and Neilson seemingly losing the plot in there. 

On the subject of CG playing today, I see that the EEN agrees with Gordon starting. I certainly don't have any fears that CG will let us down, I'm more concerned with the idea that this is a good game to experiment with the starting eleven.  However, if Naismith is happy with it then so am I.

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

😔

He's one of the worst.

Which is saying something ☹️

Psychedelicropcircle
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Do you mean selt oot?

Aye!

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

You're probably right. We had a lot of injuries around the time that the freefall set it as well as issues of Snodgrass in the dressing room, and Neilson seemingly losing the plot in there. 

On the subject of CG playing today, I see that the EEN agrees with Gordon starting. I certainly don't have any fears that CG will let us down, I'm more concerned with the idea that this is a good game to experiment with the starting eleven.  However, if Naismith is happy with it then so am I.

Snodgrass was a strange one, I remember thinking perfect signing for us. Someone that could dictate play and control the midfield, it worked for a wee while but we didn't have a plan B when he wasn't on it. As for CG, I also have no doubt about him performing, and if he is in from the start, that's totally cool. I'm just of the belief the number one jersey should not be up for grabs other than the current incumbent being out injured or a having a howler.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

We were leaking goals before then, mostly because we had lost Halkett, Beni and I think Kingsley too, there is another factor here though, and it's not just about who starts today.  There is a lobby on Kickback for the return of CG  as Hearts's first-choice goalie, and they see this game as an 'easy' game and an opportunity to get him in.

This is a crucial game, maybe our most important game so far given that the Cup is our last opportunity for silverware. It's a game for our first-choice goalie and that's Zander, according to SN.  To bring in CG sends out the wrong message to Aidrie, their manager will be telling his team that we are using this match to give CG some game time because we think that they're weak opposition.

My prediction is that SN will not be giving any hostages to Fortune, and Zander will start. There's going to be plenty of opportunity to get game time for CG quite soon.

Prediction; this is going to be a hell of a battle, and if it goes to penalties we will be out, whoever is in goal.

Disagree. I think SN knows CG is the better goalie but it would be unfair to bench Zander straight away and so I fully expect CG to stay today to keep getting him the game time 

CloustonHMFC
13 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Wow mate, that's some number crunching you've done right there. I thought i liked stats, but you've reached new levels. You're not an actuary by chance?  😀👍

Haha, just making a point mate. Our problem wasn't leaking goals, it's the fact Aberdeen won 8 from 9 games before the split whereas we lost 6 from 9. 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Haha, just making a point mate. Our problem wasn't leaking goals, it's the fact Aberdeen won 8 from 9 games before the split whereas we lost 6 from 9. 

Spot on 👍

7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

And if we hadn't had so many scored against us our record would have been better that 6 losses from 9.

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Is it souled oot ?

38 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I popped in to have a 😁  at this 

Hope it's no raining, gonna get wet, wet, wet!

27 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Although it is true.

Another thing was that, apart from a run of games around January (incl 3-0 v hibs, 5-0 v dons), we only managed a handful of clean sheets in the league. So while we were not shipping goals at an extraordinary rate over the course of the season, our inability to keep clean sheets was damaging.