***Official Airdrie v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I'd bring in Gordon, Rowles, Halkett, Atkinson, Oda, Grant and Devlin if he's fit. Any win will do.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Bauld

• King prawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pettigrewsstylist

Strongest and settled team till we are 2 up please. Real chance of trophy, lets not blow it on a banana skin. 

Nah

would like this to be a nice, comfortable, easily forgettable 3-0 win

I’m not convinced that the old firm are a safe bet to win the cup if we don’t, meaning this is still our best route to Europa League

Madjambo21

Think Gordon will definitely start.

Halkett too if he can last 90 mins.

Maybe see Tagawa also

Would imagine the only certainty to start is Gordon. Possibly 2 returning Aussies. Not sure if Halkett fit enough for 90 minutes

Strongest side possible, this current Airdrie side are more than capable of giving us a difficult time if we even think of taking it easy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I still have post traumatic Airdrie disorder. I'll take any win.

1-0 Shankland

30 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Would imagine the only certainty to start is Gordon. Possibly 2 returning Aussies. Not sure if Halkett fit enough for 90 minutes

Plastic pitch as well, so might not want to risk Halkett

gregzy2k7

Things almost going too swimmingly for us at the minute, I really hope we win comfortably and all that but can see this being a tough game.

Airdrie will be very much treating this as a cup final, 

Would take a 2-1 or 1-0 win tbh, even if its a late winner, just get through to the next round please.

cosanostra

Any win will do. 

Hopefully it's comfortable and fun but as long as we're in the next round it'll be enough for me.

fast_blood
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Liam Boyce closer to fitness do we know?

Had a setback and is likely out for another 2 months 

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think he now needs surgery. Could be a while 

Finlay James

Strongest team for this one.  Airdrie are a good side who pass teams to death and will be no mugs.

Its the cup so any win will do.

Skacelsid

Get out there and get it won, whatever our starting line up is. No repeat of Spartans game, we made that game difficult for ourselves and Airdrie are better. A slow passing game would make things comfortable for them and suit them. Make the first hour fast and furious, we then have the subs to kill them off.

iantjambo

This could be a tricky game. Airdrie are in good form themselves. I’d take 1-0 right now.

tartofmidlothian
9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Strongest and settled team till we are 2 up please. Real chance of trophy, lets not blow it on a banana skin. 

9 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Nah

I’m not convinced that the old firm are a safe bet to win the cup if we don’t, meaning this is still our best route to Europa League

I hear you, but few more reliable Hearts players ever than Craig Gordon, we want Rowles back in as soon as possible and Grant, Oda and Atkinson have all been key to our run. The only gambles there are with Halkett and Devlin's fitness, maybe run them out at the end depending on how it's going.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Glad we extended his contract 🙈

This will be a very hard game. 
They are in good form and knocked out St. Johnstone in last round plus won away at Raith last week 

Proper banana skin cup tie if ever there was one. They have been praised for the football they have been playing, and the way they press teams so hopefully that suits us a bit rather than them just sitting in with ten men behind the ball. 

play our best settled team and get through. We want a cup run and have a brilliant chance of winning it. I would not be changing anything if I was SN

According to the pundits Aidrie play decent football in the Championship. When they eliminated St Johnstone they did it by out playing them not by out kicking them. This is a new Airdrie (in more ways than one) not the old Alex MacDonald Airdrie. 3-0 Hearts.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

Muppetboy
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Doesn't get near the first team even if he was, although decent option off the bench

gnasher75

Gordon

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin Nieuwenhof 

Oda Grant Forrest

Shankland

Rest Clark, Dexter, Cochrane and Beni assuming Devlin is fit.

Have the 4 Aussies ever started a game together? 

Hopefully the young boys will get some game time in the second half.

No Idle Talk

I wouldn't be taking any chances with team selection for this game. This is a cup tie that has the potential to be problematic. Imagine we were to lose it? It would wipe away a lot of the good feeling that has been built up and would guarantee that this is another trophyless season for us. 

We need to put everything into this tie and try to keep the momentum and the good times rolling. The way we are playing right now it is reasonable for every Hearts fan to be thinking 'this is our year' when it comes to the Scottish Cup. Let's give it everything we've got and go and make it happen.

Bindy Badgy

Definitely put Gordon in if his fitness is good enough and he's doing well in training. He's our best keeper so we need to start bringing him back into the team at some point.

tartofmidlothian
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Gordon

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin Nieuwenhof 

Oda Grant Forrest

Shankland

Rest Clark, Dexter, Cochrane and Beni assuming Devlin is fit.

Have the 4 Aussies ever started a game together? 

Hopefully the young boys will get some game time in the second half.

This is my pick, although I'd maybe stick with Beni as Devlin's just back. Also not sure if Kingsley might need a rest more than Cochrane, remember he was ill last week.

That means wholesale changes from last night, but it's still as good as a first eleven. Our squad is in a great place right now.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

We_are_the_Hearts

Strongest team, 3rd is in the bag so the Cup becomes more important than the League as the only way we can lose the guaranteed Euro spot

PapaShango

No messing about with team selection, best team to possibly get us through. Its a tough tie on paper, would love for us to come out the traps early and blow them away. We are a good side, make no mistake about it, if we are on our game we will be in the next round. All about hard work and Naisy will know this as will the players. Probably even more so after the Spartans game. 

Auld Reekin'
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-0 Shankland

👍

TexasAndy

Airdrie did more damage to my mental health than any other club in the 90s.   Be glad when it's over and we are hopefully through!

RustyRightPeg

This will be a different game to Spartans. Airdrie will try and play so I'm expecting there to be gaps for us to exploit. McCabe has them playing some really, really good football. 

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Had a setback and is likely out for another 2 months 

Got a fee,img he’s goosed now……what’s left of his contract?

Robbo-Jambo
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-0 Shankland

Same.

Here is a question. It is getting to a position, not there yet, that Hearts will finish third in the league. Third guaranteed group stage football ONLY if the first and second in the league win the cup (realise there is a route through qualifying rounds). In this weekend's cup fixtures, do we want Celtic and Rangers to stay in cup? This likely makes securing group stage European football more probable, or do we want them to lose, and we take our chances being Scottish Cup 2024 champions, and get into Europe that way. I was asked this last night, thought it was a pish question, but now not so sure.

Simple answer is  we win our games and therefore win a Cup and some silverware. The Cup games are now our biggest games. Play best team.

ToadKiller Dog

Who would have thought Airdrie would evolve to a team that actually plays football , potentially a tough one .

They will be the darling of the media to cause an upset ,that puts pressure on both us and them.

Play our strongest side.

56 minutes ago, Prehen said:

Here is a question. It is getting to a position, not there yet, that Hearts will finish third in the league. Third guaranteed group stage football ONLY if the first and second in the league win the cup (realise there is a route through qualifying rounds). In this weekend's cup fixtures, do we want Celtic and Rangers to stay in cup? This likely makes securing group stage European football more probable, or do we want them to lose, and we take our chances being Scottish Cup 2024 champions, and get into Europe that way. I was asked this last night, thought it was a pish question, but now not so sure.

Simple answer is  we win our games and therefore win a Cup and some silverware. The Cup games are now our biggest games. Play best team.

I would rather play one of them in the final so that we know where we are honestly, preferably Celtic as we’ve not beat them in a final since 1956 and they don’t look convincing at all

Selkirkhmfc1874

Looking forward to this , been a long time since been to Airdrie 3-0 HMFC and drawn at home to Inverness in quarter final

Luckies1874

Think we will win this more easily than Spartans as expect Airdrie to try and play which will be a big mistake on their part.

7 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Or waiting on God to heal him?

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-0 Shankland

Me too Geoff 🥺 

Old enough to remember these ***** being a huge bogey team for us. Those days are long gone, they are not even the same club. We will thrash the diddies 5 nil.

Edited by i8hibsh

A win and a clean sheet will do nicely. And no injuries.

If the Aussies are fit, play them. No Halkett. Gordon in goals. Shanks up top. Mostly the same otherwise. Kinsley to start.

18 minutes ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

Any advice on where to park?

Edinburgh 👍

Japan Jambo
16 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Nah

Exactly

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rhys McCabe will be a very good manager, he is now, they will be well prepared.

Dont think team will be too different to last night in truth