• jamboozy

• iantjambo

• Bauld

• King prawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fast_blood
5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Got a fee,img he’s goosed now……what’s left of his contract?

He extended for another year recently. It's not looking good for him at the moment. 

Team selection might depend on whether Naismith feel Kye and Natty would benefit more from game time or more rest. I think I'd go:

Gordon

Lembikisa

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane

Baningime

Nieuwenhof

Oda

Fraser

Vargas

Shankland

(Leaving Forrest out is controversial but I think it could be a good game for Oda and Vargas. Al to come off the bench if we need him.)

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I wouldn't be taking any chances with team selection for this game. This is a cup tie that has the potential to be problematic. Imagine we were to lose it? It would wipe away a lot of the good feeling that has been built up and would guarantee that this is another trophyless season for us. 

We need to put everything into this tie and try to keep the momentum and the good times rolling. The way we are playing right now it is reasonable for every Hearts fan to be thinking 'this is our year' when it comes to the Scottish Cup. Let's give it everything we've got and go and make it happen.

Naismith wont, he gets it.

south morocco

Ugh, Airdrie still give me the heebies. Strongest team possible please then a good home draw next 

12 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Airdrie did more damage to my mental health than any other club in the 90s.   Be glad when it's over and we are hopefully through!

This! 

If we do see Gordon and Shankland both starting who do we think will be wearing the armband? Craig is still the club captain but Shanks has been brilliant in the role

John Findlay

We treat them no differently to Dundee and St Johnstone. This is the Scottish Cup, there's a quarter final place at stake.

Are the beaten finalists rewarded with a europa league spot if they are playing against one of the uglies?

Or do they need to win the cup?

11 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Are the beaten finalists rewarded with a europa league spot if they are playing against one of the uglies?

Or do they need to win the cup?

Need to win

if old firm win the cup then we get the Europa qualifier regardless of who they beat on the final

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Need to win

if old firm win the cup then we get the Europa qualifier regardless of who they beat on the final

Thanks 👍 

Glad to hear it

Said it before but it’s wrong you get that European slot by winning the cup compared to the team that’s worked hard all season to get as high up the league as possible 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, theshed said:

Said it before but it’s wrong you get that European slot by winning the cup compared to the team that’s worked hard all season to get as high up the league as possible 

3rd and 4th both get a European slot as well as the cup winners.  5th does too as long as one of the top 4 wins the cup.

35 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Need to win

THIRD gets the Europa Qualifier. 😉

Gorgierools
9 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Total professionalism required.

Screenshot_20240208-234206_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.66af931c60711b18bba1bd3dc9337626.jpg

Make no mistake,they are a decent team,on a roll,playing on a crappy plastic pitch. There is no room for  complacency.

Edited by Gorgierools

Gundermann

Play a strong team and hopefully dish out a footballing lesson with a good 3 or 4-goal victory, if not more.

Despise Airdrie but there's no room for complacency.

Victorian

Not to be taken lightly.  Just have to hope it's more straightforward than it has the potential to be.

John Findlay

They currently sit 5th in the championship, 4pts outside a playoff place, with a GD of -4.

Screenshot_20240209-100549~2.png

King prawn
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

They currently sit 5th in the championship, 4pts outside a playoff place, with a GD of -4.

Screenshot_20240209-100549~2.png

Thanks for the descriptive text John, would’ve struggled otherwise ;) 

Bindy Badgy
22 hours ago, Prehen said:

Here is a question. It is getting to a position, not there yet, that Hearts will finish third in the league. Third guaranteed group stage football ONLY if the first and second in the league win the cup (realise there is a route through qualifying rounds). In this weekend's cup fixtures, do we want Celtic and Rangers to stay in cup? This likely makes securing group stage European football more probable, or do we want them to lose, and we take our chances being Scottish Cup 2024 champions, and get into Europe that way. I was asked this last night, thought it was a pish question, but now not so sure.

Simple answer is  we win our games and therefore win a Cup and some silverware. The Cup games are now our biggest games. Play best team.

Beating them would be sweeter than beating any other team aside from Hibs. That said, of the teams left in the tournament I would prefer Bonnyrigg Rose or Cove Rangers as they'll be the easiest.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Key to these games is never to give them a foothold or hope, draining for them if they dont have the ball and have to work to defend. They are not a great team of players obviously, but they are a team and will get the best out of themselves.

Victorian
7 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

This might be useful for anyone making the journey.

image.png.eeba63cf46c82389b7f856fc4861d864.png

Probably need to book in advance.

PapaShango

Anyone any idea best place to park? I noticed the ground has parking but how likely is it there will be spaces? 

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

How many tickets have we sold for this? 

Judging by what we've been selling, it looks as if we've been allocated the entire East and South stands which would look to have around 4,600 seats. And we appear to be almost down to the last section in the South, so perhaps 4,000 or so sold. A few ifs, buts and maybes in there though.

3 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

How many tickets have we sold for this? 

Wondering if we have sold out? My Sunday has now become free so might make the short trip from West Lothian with the kids if there are tickets left 

Edit - never mind. Managed to purchase 3 tickets.

Edited by Homme

For those going straight to stadium off the train, it's actually quicker to get off at Drumgelloch instead of Airdrie Station. Maybe about 5 or 10 mins quicker by foot.

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Wondering if we have sold out? My Sunday has now become free so might make the short trip from West Lothian with the kids if there are tickets left 

Bought a couple yesterday lunchtime.

Just now, EIEIO said:

Bought a couple yesterday lunchtime.

Yeah edited my post a min ago. I managed to sort myself and both kids. Cheers.

Strongest team available , professional performance with urgency and effort from the first whistle to the last please . Hopefully we take this seriously and get to the semis with us and the old firm in the final four . I want Celtic if we have to play one of them in the final 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Strongest team available , professional performance with urgency and effort from the first whistle to the last please . Hopefully we take this seriously and get to the semis with us and the old firm in the final four . I want Celtic if we have to play one of them in the final 

I think beating Celtic in the Final completes a nice haul for a lot of Hearts fans of a certain age.

To witness having beaten your 3 biggest rivals in a Final is a nice memory to have and recall.  

I think most of us would say we crave beating that shower given they’ve done us a couple of times in recent years in Finals and some bigger games historically.  Also, wouldn’t sniff at beating Aberdeen either.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I think beating Celtic in the Final completes a nice haul for a lot of Hearts fans of a certain age.

To witness having beaten your 3 biggest rivals in a Final is a nice memory to have and recall.  

I think most of us would say we crave beating that shower given they’ve done us a couple of times in recent years in Finals and some bigger games historically.  Also, wouldn’t sniff at beating Aberdeen either.  

Exactly

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, BigAlim said:

If we do see Gordon and Shankland both starting who do we think will be wearing the armband? Craig is still the club captain but Shanks has been brilliant in the role

I put it on Gordon. They play at opposite ends of the pitch, still need Shanks' leadership up there.

On 08/02/2024 at 06:31, Prehen said:

Here is a question. It is getting to a position, not there yet, that Hearts will finish third in the league. Third guaranteed group stage football ONLY if the first and second in the league win the cup (realise there is a route through qualifying rounds). In this weekend's cup fixtures, do we want Celtic and Rangers to stay in cup? This likely makes securing group stage European football more probable, or do we want them to lose, and we take our chances being Scottish Cup 2024 champions, and get into Europe that way. I was asked this last night, thought it was a pish question, but now not so sure.

Simple answer is  we win our games and therefore win a Cup and some silverware. The Cup games are now our biggest games. Play best team.

First and foremost I like to remember that it doesn't matter what I want, stuff is going to happen on the pitch and not in my head. But anyway, I guess I'm confident enough this season to say I want one of the OF at Tynecastle next round. Go ahead and knock them out on our own pitch so we don't have to go to Glasgow to do it.

jambo_tar

Strongest team possible. Get the game won and then we can think about resting players. Best if we avoid the OF in the next round. A home draw will do nicely. 

Edited by jambo_tar

Bob Loblaw

I think there'll be a few changes but nothing daft. 

Gordon, Atkinson and Rowles in. Maybe Devlin if fit to start. Wouldn't exactly weaken us.

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, jambo_tar said:

Strongest team possible. Get the game won and then we can think about resting players. Best if we avoid the OF in the next round. A home draw will do nicely. 

What is the strongest team though?  I see a lot of posters saying that but everyone will have a different opinion on what that strongest team is.  I doubt Naismith even knows what it is at the moment given that we have some of our strongest players coming back from injury plus new signings.  He hasn’t been able to field our strongest starting 11 during his spell as manager. 

To get some of our strongest players back we have to rest / rotate the guys that have been filling in for them.  Cup games against lower league opposition is as good a time as any.  Gordon and Halkett need games so they should start tomorrow, maybe Rowles too if we go with back 3 but not if a back 4 (keep Kent in).   Maybe Oda in for Forrest.  

With Gordon, Halkett, Devlin and McKay (almost) fully fit plus Atkinson and Rowles back plus Dexter and Fraser signed there is a hell of a lot of competition for places now.  Rotation is a vital part of modern football especially for us now that we almost have two options for every position, there’s no danger we’ll be seeing the same 11 week in week out.  We can make a few changes to freshen things up without weakening the team.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

Where are people heading for a drink pre match? 

Exactly what I am looking to find out too, where is everyone heading for pre match drink?

Watt-Zeefuik

"Strongest team possible" is subjective. "Absolutely no one with any kind of gimpy knee, ankle, or hip plays on plastic" is easier to sort out.

I'd keep Beni and McKay on the bench for now. Shanks starts obviously but if we get a 2 goal lead, sit him.

KyleLafferty

Gordon

Dex Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Beni Hoff

Forrest Fraser Vargas

Shanks

Hearts1975
8 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Purely on the assumption that ZC will be back in the sticks, for the next game, would probably be better to leave as is. 

pettigrewsstylist

Bad memories of those diamonds in Scottish cup, but also this tremendous evening...

20240209_163303.thumb.jpg.fe05bc0e2080475f8d1aa0289325033a.jpg20240209_163223.thumb.jpg.30d25bbe37c68f82f1b2dcbe4b67deb0.jpg

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, Bronn said:

Where are people heading for a drink pre match? 

Edinburgh and on train , through there a shithole

On 07/02/2024 at 22:47, pettigrewsstylist said:

Strongest and settled team till we are 2 up please. Real chance of trophy, lets not blow it on a banana skin. 

This. Minimal changes please.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Bad memories of those diamonds in Scottish cup, but also this tremendous evening...

20240209_163303.thumb.jpg.fe05bc0e2080475f8d1aa0289325033a.jpg20240209_163223.thumb.jpg.30d25bbe37c68f82f1b2dcbe4b67deb0.jpg

Thanks for posting mate, for some reason the auld man and me were behind the gorgie road goals that night.

Will be tough Sunday but the team are defending well and if we go about our business in a positive manner we will  progress