Neil Warnock

Rudy T

Perth to Paisley

Colins appointment is pretty damning for the depth of the local talent pool.

He'll embarrass both himself and the league before returning South.

Starting at Ibroke this midweek.

Edited by Perth to Paisley

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That is a car crash appointment. Reeks of desperation at Board level.

The smart appointment would be the Dundee manager Tony Docherty. He is clearly switched on and has transformed a rubbish team into a likely top 6er. 

Might be bad blood from previous 

buzzbomb1958

FFS someone will have to wheel him round in his bath chair to the post office on a Tuesday like Paw Broon , paramedics sitting in the dugout just in case 

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

FFS someone will have to wheel him round in his bath chair to the post office on a Tuesday like Paw Broon , paramedics sitting in the dugout just in case 

See a few posts above for a visual. That's part of his assistant coach-cum-carer's roles. 🙃

Joshing aside, (top) hats off to him for continuing to wish to be involved in football at his age.

buzzbomb1958
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

See a few posts above for a visual. That's part of his assistant coach-cum-carer's roles. 🙃

Joshing aside, (top) hats off to him for continuing to wish to be involved in football at his age.

As someone said earlier he was brilliant 20 years ago for getting teams out of trouble it just shows that Aberdeen are living in the past and he won’t improve them

colinmorewasgash

Colin after der hun has the rose mwell and foleys flops all at home. He'll get them organised and kick arses. His record in man management and results in lower leagues is decent and will probably grind out results which could put even more pressure on our wee neighbours for bottom 6. 

Mind you if he thinks all teams are crap outside old firm and it will be a doddle he could get rude awakening.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

I’d be pretty embarrassed if I was a Dons fan. His time has passed and he’s more pantomime than anything else.

This will have no impact on our season but will be laughed at in years to come. 

Desperate stuff from Cormack and any reputation Burrows has built up on his career trajectory to date will be blotted by this.

Does nothing for the lazy “farmers league” trope that a lot of English folks revert to. An old dinosaur laughed out of England for going way past his sell by date but ends up getting a gig at one of the top clubs in Scotland

I thought it's Aberdeen he's going to?

Benny Klack
27 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I thought it's Aberdeen he's going to?

boom boom 💥 

(point still stands though)

jamboinglasgow

As I said on the Aberdeen thread, I just dont get this appointment outside the very short term.

Neil Warnock is a talented manager, a good man manager and will get Aberdeen organised and back up the league. But its very unlikely they will get 3rd and 4th may be very tough too. So what is ultimately the aim of this intern management (which I would be surprised if they are not paying good money to him for a temporary role.) Perhaps they are gambling he could do something in the cup (not sure what his cup record is like I have to admit.)

No real long term idea from Aberdeen, except hoping that another manager comes into the frame in the summer. 

Just feels like a chairman panicking and hire a big name manager to placate the fans this season.

JimmyCant
7 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

The type of guy you bring in to keep you up 😂

I’d have said so.

The first thing he’ll do is underestimate the game up here, then he’ll spend a few weeks falling out with folk and shouting and swearing at players 70’s style. Bizarre appointment considering their caretaker did okay at the weekend and recovered from a really poor first half.

Asking for trouble IMO.

Scott Leitch

Barry Robson caught us last year!

Thankfully that clown Neilson is long gone though. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Barry Robson caught us last year!

Thankfully that clown Neilson is long gone though. 

If we win in midweek we'll be on 48 points, same as we had going into the split last season.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking forward to Colin getting sent off for being a prick.

4 hours ago, Diego10 said:

What's with everyone saying he's a likeable character?  He's a collosal arsehole

Well perhaps it's just the case that some people like him and some people don't - it does happen sometimes. What's more, I imagine very few folk on here have actually met the guy in person.

Section Q

Warnock has previously been quoted saying he fancied a crack at Scottish football. Pressure's on.......

I like him and it will be interesting. Aberdeen are his third choice behind us and hibs. Let's see how it goes.

I might be remembering wrong but didn’t Warnock used to pop up as a pundit for Scottish football years ago? I’m sure he’s always kept an eye on it at least

IMG_2070.jpeg

Wee Mikey
21 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Warnock has previously been quoted saying he fancied a crack at Scottish football. Pressure's on.......

The pressure?

I have a funny feeling that those used to English football think that they'll simply skoosh it up here.

More fool them, methinks.

There's every chance that he'll do a 'Joey Barton'.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least, should it come to pass, that after a few defeats ... for him ... he'll not only be 'Under Pressure', but the 'Heat will be on' ...

... Cue a couple of appropriate classic tunes for another musical time-out ... 🤣

Naisey will see him off

❤️❤️G❤️

Wee Mikey
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd take him, he's got too much experience for us though. 

Aye, right!!!

You'd be 1st in line with a "Warnock OUt" thread.

🤣

20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd take him, he's got too much experience for us though. 

**** that for a game of soldiers! 

Jambo-Fox

Warnock will wind everybody up!

Expect him to get a red card at Ibrox this week as Aberdeen win and the sack before the end of the season as Aberdeen implode on the brink of relegation!!

ScandinavianJambo
8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hard to keep them somewhere they aren't in the first place! 

True you are lol. That's what you get for posting when down with a chest infection....

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

There's every chance that he'll do a 'Joey Barton'.

🤣

❤️❤️G❤️

Start speaking with a weird, half Doric accent in interviews? Calling the players "Loons" and saying " Fit like are you?"

His challenge will be to scrape past Dundee into the top 6. I don’t see it as being an appointment to avoid relegation; not with Livvy, Ross Co and Hibs being around.

If he succeeds, it might do us all good to have his profile ( loved or loathed) making national headlines. 

Strattiesroll

A brilliant get for them and Scottish football because no matter what happens it will be fabulously entertaining. They are playing for fourth at best.

Shanks said no

I think Colin will improve them and he will be quite entertaining, unless he its against us.

Wee Mikey
41 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Start speaking with a weird, half Doric accent in interviews? Calling the players "Loons" and saying " Fit like are you?"

His challenge will be to scrape past Dundee into the top 6. I don’t see it as being an appointment to avoid relegation; not with Livvy, Ross Co and Hibs being around.

If he succeeds, it might do us all good to have his profile ( loved or loathed) making national headlines. 

There are precedents when it comes to accents ...

Joey barton French:-

Steve McLaren Dutch:-

Edited by Wee Mikey

Der Kaiser

Quietly confident he'll turn a pish season  for Aberdeen into a slightly less pish season.....but pish nonetheless. 

brunoatemyhamster

Any money they made from Europe this season is well spent on the Robson sacking. Warnock will be on good money and a bonus for finishing in European places.

But what's the point? 

If he fails, then Aberdeen will have failed twice, and spunked out a good few bob to do it. 

Mental appointment for the short term. 

Suppose they've saved a fair bit by not bothering with a new stadium, but this looks like a crazy idea. 

henrysmithsgloves
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

He's bringing a head coach as back-up, and here they are surveying Pittodrie:-

Screenshot_20240204_180544_Google.jpg

🤣🤣

henrysmithsgloves
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

There are precedents when it comes to accents ...

Joey barton French:-

Steve McLaren Dutch:-

Short-term it feels like a good appointment. It was who I wanted at the time we appointed Stendel. He was available and  would have been more flexible than Stendel was willing to be. He's 75 though so it's hardly long-term. People who think he's a dinosaur in playing style are a bit off the mark. He built his QPR promotion winning team around Adel Taarabt. 

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d have said so.

The first thing he’ll do is underestimate the game up here, then he’ll spend a few weeks falling out with folk and shouting and swearing at players 70’s style. Bizarre appointment considering their caretaker did okay at the weekend and recovered from a really poor first half.

Asking for trouble IMO.

Why will he under estimate the game up here when he speeds a lot of time here and watches a lot of Scottish football?

Cameronstheman
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d have said so.

Asking for trouble IMO.

Did you ever see him arriving at Aberdeen Jimmy ??

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As I said on the Aberdeen thread, I just dont get this appointment outside the very short term.

Neil Warnock is a talented manager, a good man manager and will get Aberdeen organised and back up the league. But its very unlikely they will get 3rd and 4th may be very tough too. So what is ultimately the aim of this intern management (which I would be surprised if they are not paying good money to him for a temporary role.) Perhaps they are gambling he could do something in the cup (not sure what his cup record is like I have to admit.)

No real long term idea from Aberdeen, except hoping that another manager comes into the frame in the summer. 

Just feels like a chairman panicking and hire a big name manager to placate the fans this season.

I think they realise the league position is gone , and they want the cup . Like you I do not know what his record is like in cups but if he can get them organised they have good players in there and that is their only realistic chance of salvaging something from this season . Hopefully we win this weekend and a few other results go our way and we can make sure we keep our team very strong for the cup 

2 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

Short-term it feels like a good appointment. It was who I wanted at the time we appointed Stendel. He was available and  would have been more flexible than Stendel was willing to be. He's 75 though so it's hardly long-term. People who think he's a dinosaur in playing style are a bit off the mark. He built his QPR promotion winning team around Adel Taarabt. 

Every time I have heard him interviewed he consistently says the same thing . He sets a team up to play the way that best suits the personnel that he has to work with . I suspect he will set Aberdeen up to utilise Barron and Shinnie in the middle and try and feed Miovski centrally with the wide threat coming from Devlin linking up with the midfield too . He is no mug and Aberdeen do have a few good players in their team so I think they will almost definitely improve . Hopefully they get knocked out the cup before he has a chance to get them playing football again 

Lord Montpelier

Nice little part time low pressure job for him in retirement to keep him moving fair play to the guy. 

3 hours ago, Mr Benn said:

His stories about that QPR side are great, fining Taarabt for coming back to receive a pass in his own half & fining anyone who passed to him in his own half, unorthodox man management but clearly it worked!

BelgeJambo

Good old Colin Wxxkxr

Edited by BelgeJambo