***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Screenshot_20240123_211205_Google.jpg

Hopes it’s low now ! 😂 was a very strange night ! 😎 however a win is a win is a win . Coming back from 0-2 is impressive 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My half sister
3 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Naismith hasn’t got a ****ing clue how to fix this 

Turns out that he had

1971fozzy
6 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

It's every game, every week. We go behind in any game, or don't blitz lesser sides away and it's "the players are shit, the management need sacked" etc etc. Completely unrealistic. We've got a large number of fans who have got OF entitlement. We're sitting in well clear in 3rd place, semi final of one cup and through to the 5th round in the other. We're not going to play like Brazil 1970 every minute of every game. 

to be honest I’m not on match threads much, I couldn’t go tonight due to trains so I’m not reading them during game time.

but tonight I was and I didn’t read much wrong. It was abysmal first half and no way acceptable. 
I was joining in as much as anyone as it was not good enough by a mile. 
credit to Naismith and the subs  for the come back and rightfully lauded . 
That first half was rightfully called out, and Naismith said as much.

to come back and win was brilliant but we need that from minute 1 as we won’t continue to come from behind as many times as we’ve done recently against Livvy, RC and tonight.

needs sorted quickly

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Turns out that he had

Spends a lot of matches fixing his own mistakes though. Be nice to see him get it right from the start in a run of games.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

It's every game, every week. We go behind in any game, or don't blitz lesser sides away and it's "the players are shit, the management need sacked" etc etc. Completely unrealistic. We've got a large number of fans who have got OF entitlement. We're sitting in well clear in 3rd place, semi final of one cup and through to the 5th round in the other. We're not going to play like Brazil 1970 every minute of every game. 

We need to start game far better though, not exactly a new thing obviously. 

5D50F9EE-67AA-4DB2-987A-8396C031EE3B.jpeg

OmiyaHearts

Are the highlights / goals up anywhere yet? 

15 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

I never realised how comfortable we are in the league. Despite my own criticism and reservations, we're almost cruising 3rd.

W W D W W 

Last 5 games
Celtic 12 points
Rangers 12 points
Hearts 13 points
Killie 8 points
Midden 4 points
Hibs 4 points
Dundee 4 points
Sheep 9 points

Motherwell 6 points

St Johnstone 5 points

Ross County 4 points

Livi 1 point

:greggy:

Edited by Cade

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve went on about one aspect for ages that seems to plague us and that was individual intensity to a man.  That was the first half.  It all seemed too passive, training ground exercise stuff from us. Our players need to work harder,  think quicker, move the ball into the small gaps that open up to progress the ball (which Tait offered and executed when he came on).

Meanwhile, Dundee were brisk in possession, looked more of a unit through the middle of the park and had more anticipation and worked harder in general.  

Fair play to Naismith though.  He got a reaction. It took 5 or 10 mins for us to adjust to the new shape and the more positive changes helped, even though one was forced with Beni going off.  

Tait…..very composed, plays with his head up, knows where he wants to put the ball even before he’s got it.  Two footed.  Looks an exciting prospect, very exciting.    

Looks to have genuine quality and a good brain.  

FTH 

Spot on, I think the change in formation helps us move the ball quicker as theres better and more attacking options on the park. 

Bongo 1874
19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve went on about one aspect for ages that seems to plague us and that was individual intensity to a man.  That was the first half.  It all seemed too passive, training ground exercise stuff from us. Our players need to work harder,  think quicker, move the ball into the small gaps that open up to progress the ball (which Tait offered and executed when he came on).

Meanwhile, Dundee were brisk in possession, looked more of a unit through the middle of the park and had more anticipation and worked harder in general.  

Fair play to Naismith though.  He got a reaction. It took 5 or 10 mins for us to adjust to the new shape and the more positive changes helped, even though one was forced with Beni going off.  

Tait…..very composed, plays with his head up, knows where he wants to put the ball even before he’s got it.  Two footed.  Looks an exciting prospect, very exciting.    

Looks to have genuine quality and a good brain.  

FTH 

Outstanding Post 👏

Some seem annoyed at us winning and it not backing up the agenda that they have dug their heel in on . Some are not so keen to be on the fence 

The debate about shape and performances will go on, but there is no doubt that 10 wins 2 draws and one defeat in our last 13 league games outside the OF is terrific form. 

Lambert Simnel
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seriously?  He got both penalty decisions wrong!  Obviously can’t blame him for the wrong offside flag on Dundee’s fist goal too but that’s 3 major decisions the officials got wrong onfield !  Plus Kingsley should have got yellow (and I’m not sure if Halkett got one for the non penalty but certainly should have).  

VAR was better than the onfield officials tonight, it did it’s job, but to be fair maybe not the easiest decisions to give in real time (I did think Halkett’s one was outside the box from the Roseburn though so ref should have got that right).  

When I consider the ref's performance, I include how he reacted when shown VAR - that's part of his job. On that basis, I think he got both penalty calls right.  Compare it to (I think) Munro who was shown the 'Well player sticking the boot into Boyce and still didn't award anything. Or the one who booked Forrest against Ross County. We're maybe just defining the job differently - I agree that the lad tonight's first instinct wasn't right on the calls, but he used the other officials and VAR to come to the right decision.

Chuck Berry
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Newenhoff is never a player. 

One of the best players on the pitch.

Great read from page 1. 😆😆😃

What a game !!

Well dome lads great fighting spirit 

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Oh thanks for the 100 notes Hoff 9/1.  🇱🇻😃🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Spends a lot of matches fixing his own mistakes though. Be nice to see him get it right from the start in a run of games.

Hey enjoy the excitement, he's managing the situation and getting the points

132goals1958

What a second half performance . Felt so dejected at half time. Second half transformation forced me into a detour via the Mill on the way home. Gaun to my kip in a rare mood.

No Idle Talk

I watched it in the house bit am so buzzing after the comeback I have gone out for a pint or four. What a comeback!! 

So many mixed emotions. Worrying that we have gone 0-2 down to both Ross County and Dundee at home. But also very encouraging that we have come out of that with 4pts out of 6. I've seen many a Hearts team that would fold at 0-2. This team has guts. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

He was , before and after he scored 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Sooks said:

Some seem annoyed at us winning and it not backing up the agenda that they have dug their heel in on . Some are not so keen to be on the fence 

Not you have ripped the piss out me all day I've even been vilified and hated for my opinion.

I told everyone 3 at the back fine away from home against old firm.

At home no.

Changes to four at the back we look like the Prime Entertainers.

Maybe that's a taste of your own medicine 😁.

Oh I also took pelters for putting Tait in my starting lineup before game.

Him and Oda get on ma Lads.

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

Hey enjoy the excitement, he's managing the situation and getting the points

No question about it. I just wish we made things a bit easier for ourselves! 

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, haj said:

I like Halkett but his main contribution tonight was to give the ball away then give up dangerous free kicks trying to make up for his mistakes. He’s clearly not comfortable being asked to pass out from the back. Great to see a Hearts team with so much bottle though, even when performances aren’t perfect. Naismith is really starting to prove himself as a very good manager and long may it continue! 

I said we'd miss Rowles during this period. We missed Rowles tonight.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

When I consider the ref's performance, I include how he reacted when shown VAR - that's part of his job. On that basis, I think he got both penalty calls right.  Compare it to (I think) Munro who was shown the 'Well player sticking the boot into Boyce and still didn't award anything. Or the one who booked Forrest against Ross County. We're maybe just defining the job differently - I agree that the lad tonight's first instinct wasn't right on the calls, but he used the other officials and VAR to come to the right decision.

Fair enough, but without VAR he’s had a mare!  The Boyce one v Well, I don’t think VAR asked the ref to take another look but maybe my recollection was wrong, although god knows why the ref didn’t just give it straight away!

And the Forrest one v Ross County, the ref got that wrong too but VAR didn’t bail him out, he definitely didn’t get to look at it again. 

jamboinglasgow

If there is ever a game that fits the old phrase "a game of two halves" that was it.

Thought first half we started well, look intense but shortly before their first goal it dropped off allowing Dundee to take more chances up front. The less said about the second goal the better.

The formation change worked at half time. I think we have got so used to 3-4-3 which has been effective and works against bigger teams, especially getting the most out of Rowles. But 4-2-3-1 puts more attack against teams. I also think the players have too often been playing a bit reserved when it comes to attacking, looking to play safe (and its not an order from Naismith as you see him yelling at them all the time to push forward.) But second half the players seemed to realise they can keep attacking. Dont know if it Limbikisa having an effect being so attacking. Forrest loves to push forward and Oda today was determined to push forward, something he has been reluctant to recently when he is on the right side of a 3-4-3.

Football is a bit menta, eh?

Tait, and the change to a back 4, that's what won us the game.

Playing against the so called lesser teams, it needs to be a back 4, because we have players who will hurt teams. 

GlasgoJambo
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hearts 3 - 2 Dundee ...

... but dinnae bet on it ...

Loads of comments I could quote from this thread tonight but I’ll be considerate not to upset the screechers and hobos.

I said this score to my mate at half time. Perfect.

Am sorry the train cancellations meant I missed it. Kudos to all who attended, especially those folk who travelled up from London and down from Aberdeen. 

just lovely.

:HeartsMandance:

:kisskiss:

Wee Mikey
11 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Loads of comments I could quote from this thread tonight but I’ll be considerate not to upset the screechers and hobos.

I said this score to my mate at half time. Perfect.

Am sorry the train cancellations meant I missed it. Kudos to all who attended, especially those folk who travelled up from London and down from Aberdeen. 

just lovely.

:HeartsMandance:

:kisskiss:

Not a bad turn-out ... and the weather really wasn't awful. Strolled it there & back.

Screenshot_20240124_004121_Gallery.jpg

Dallas Green
52 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fair enough, but without VAR he’s had a mare!  The Boyce one v Well, I don’t think VAR asked the ref to take another look but maybe my recollection was wrong, although god knows why the ref didn’t just give it straight away!

And the Forrest one v Ross County, the ref got that wrong too but VAR didn’t bail him out, he definitely didn’t get to look at it again. 

He defo went to the monitor v motherwell and VAR looked at Forrest "dive" and decided that there wasn't even a need for the ref to go to the monitor, which is even worse.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hopes it’s low now ! 😂 was a very strange night ! 😎 however a win is a win is a win . Coming back from 0-2 is impressive 

Someone a few posts up reckons we've not come back to win from being down by two since 2002.

Oh, what a night.

Bring on the 🐏

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the posts at 0 2. That first half performance was nothing short of a disgrace and probably the worst witnessed for a very long time. 

Plenty wrong with some of the posts at 0-2. By all means voice your disapproval at the teams performance but surely it can be done in a more mature manner. Being abusive to the coaching staff and some players is bang out of order. Its like being back in the school playground!!

GlasgoJambo
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Not a bad turn-out ... and the weather really wasn't awful. Strolled it there & back.

Screenshot_20240124_004121_Gallery.jpg

Nice one Mikey

yup, retrospectively seems to have been a huge over-reaction. Such is the way 🤷🏽‍♂️

Keep the faith

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, Lambert Simnel said:

👍  Exactly how I saw it although he did get fooled by a couple of dives and some play acting from Bakayoko.

2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

👍  Exactly how I saw it although he did get fooled by a couple of dives and some play acting from Bakayoko.

Bakayoko is a shitbag. And should have been booked for asking for a card as per current guidance to refs. Which would have meant he had two yellows. 

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Our recruitment has been horrendous!!

Scrolling back on this thread has been fun.

Your timing for that post was soo-fu*kin'-perb.

What is it you're an agent for?

I'm thinking Tupperware, or perhaps Avon?

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nobody can happy clap over this one, i think we can all agree that that is the strongest lineup we could have put out, and on paper, we should be wiping the floor with this low budget Dundee side, but naw, we're utterly inept and find ourself 2-0. 

We'll see what Naismith's half time team talk is like, but if he has to resort to the bench, it's game over. 

Lol.

Start a Naismith oot thread, why don't you?

Oh! Wait ... 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

I said we'd miss Rowles during this period. We missed Rowles tonight.

I don't think we did. If Rowles played, Kingsley wouldn't have. I don't think Kingsley did anything wrong tonight. 

1 hour ago, Lido said:

Plenty wrong with some of the posts at 0-2. By all means voice your disapproval at the teams performance but surely it can be done in a more mature manner. Being abusive to the coaching staff and some players is bang out of order. Its like being back in the school playground!!

Well said 👏👏👏

cosanostra

Massive result.

Great to see Naismith making successful adjustments after a horrible start too.

First half remote control was nearly through the TV , second half I’m signing and dancing 

BangkokHearts
4 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Screenshot_20240124_001003_Chrome.jpg

Penny dropped for some of them. 

Glorious! 😅

20 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Glorious! 😅

Just 14 points ahead of them. The good news for Hibs is we might only play them 3 times this season. 

Edited by GinRummy

jock _turd

Well I have to say take a bow to the boys and SN ! They turned it right around and they deserve a great deal of credit for that. I said we have been poor at home and the first halfwas testement to that but that second half... amazing never thought there was a chance of that happening to be honest.

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, BangkokHearts said:

Glorious! 😅

Yes - the comments are quite instructive:

1. Hearts are “fluky” - a sentiment so many Hibbies seem to share regardless of the facts

2. We signed a decent centre-half - the cheek of it, eh?

1971fozzy
7 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

For his goal and thereafter.

your easily pleased if you think that first 60 mins though but each to their own

10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hearts 3 - 2 Dundee ...

... but dinnae bet on it ...

Hmmmm? Happy to profit at the bookies with your half time prediction but not wanting fellow jambos to do the same.🙂