Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GrimUpNorth

We're closer to Celtic than we are Aberdeen. Some of the comments on here are mental. We're not one of the OF we're not expected to steamroller every side, there will be ups and downs but without a shadow of a doubt now we're heading in the right direction. 

One of the worst things to come out of tonight was the ref. Our penalty was a scandal, if that gets given against us you’d be absolutely fuming. Incredibly only the second worst penalty decision of the evening after the penalty the ref tried to give them for a foul a good 2 yards outside the box. Justice on both counts.

Buzzing after that. Always felt a draw was possible and would’ve settled for 2-2 after the missed pen but to go on and win it. Wow. Well in lads great comeback.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Players deserve credit for that 2nd half, showed real character but I can’t help but think that’s a direct reflection of our manager. He had it as a player and I’m starting to really believe in him as a manager.

Its easy to say the first half was shocking he got it wrong etc, but faced with a 2-0 half time deficit and 3 enforced changes he stays calm and does what’s required to get the win.

He starts to get more of his own players and continues to change the mentality of the current crop and we could see something special from him. It was always going to take patience and blind faith but he’s producing the goods now. Even Saturday while not the best there’s was no panic at the end no launching 40 yard rockets into the box and hope for the best and tonight he could’ve easily shut up shop at 2-2 but he kept them at and made a change that won the game.

Couldnt agree more. Undefeated in 7 and 8 points clear.

Aberdeen's games in hand, arent the easiest either. 

I'm definetely buying into him and after a shaky start, it seems the players are as well.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can match threads be closed just before kick off and re-opened when the final result is known. 😆

No. I need some people to share with when I am suffering!

RealMaroonCF

Just give the team , manager and particularly the subs....oda, forest and tail-onaldo the credit

Relief and joy. That last 40 is what I exkect every week

Get

The

Ball

Forward

We arecapable of Skellingthorpe teams.

Ps.....Kent.....just pass and wait fir yer next headed clearance mate

1 job. Do it well

tiger Rudi

Humble pie first..... a large slice of it. I've slagged Oda of for weeks now. Done well when he came on, direct, well taken goal and utilised his pace. 

Naisy...... was wondering wtaf you were doing taking Vargas off. It worked. 

Would you have taken Beni off if he hadn't taken a knock? Not so sure, but the introduction of Tait changed the whole game. What a difference having a mobile midfielder that shows for it, then passes and moves!! Would have been my MOM but for a certain RWB. What a home debut. Take a bow Dexter, great game, great goal. Looks like a fantastic signing. 

Well played Hoff, looked far better when Tait came on, took his goal well. First goal was the important one, it gave the team belief and us fans too. 

Forrest had an impact, and Grant to a lesser extent. 

As for Cochrane and Halkett, were they out on the lash last night? Long time since I've witnessed such poor individual performances by players in a Hearts jersey. Let's hope they give themselves a boot up the arse!! 

As for Beni, if he doesn't sign an extension, who is going to come in for him on this form? 

I'd much rather develop Tait, he looked a real prospect tonight. 

Bongo 1874
40 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Exactly mate wee tattie what a difference.

Yaaasssss!!!!

ScandinavianJambo
Just now, brellier said:

Naisy winning me over now , we’re making progress every week 

Indeed. To come back from 2 down, miss a penalty and still manage to win (heads did not go down for any length of time) shows that he has got a winning mentality installed. Naisy is also not scared of changing formation and tactics, which he currently is getting spot on. To add to that, he is playing youth who are more then capable, is very pleasing indeed. If we just could play as we did 2nd half for 90 minutes, then things would be less stressful for all involved (me in particular)!

Drylaw Hearts

Great result but that first half was as bad as I’ve seen in a very long time.

jack D and coke

Really disappointing first half but you have to give credit to the players tonight. 
It really should’ve been 4 or 5-2. 
Great stuff. 

That’s what Celtic and Rangers have a habit of doing. Start a game off the pace yet find a way to step it up and get the late winner. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe want hibs to beat rangers,  close inon that 2nd spot .....

:av-1001:

Start a poll.

Mind last time you said that? :lol: 

giphy.gif

Montgomery Brewster
10 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

😎

Screenshot_20240123-220857.png

Feel the seeth. Lovely. 

their sisters will be worried tonight. 

FTH

Lambert Simnel
4 minutes ago, daveb15 said:

One of the worst things to come out of tonight was the ref. Our penalty was a scandal, if that gets given against us you’d be absolutely fuming. Incredibly only the second worst penalty decision of the evening after the penalty the ref tried to give them for a foul a good 2 yards outside the box. Justice on both counts.

Seriously?  I thought the ref had a good game. Should have booked Kingsley in the second half (and I dunno if Halks got one for his "challenge" but I think that deserved one too) but otherwise I thought the ref got pretty much every significant decision right.  

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

We're closer to Celtic than we are Aberdeen. Some of the comments on here are mental. We're not one of the OF we're not expected to steamroller every side, there will be ups and downs but without a shadow of a doubt now we're heading in the right direction. 

I’ve taken stick for calling them snakes.  🐍 but that’s exactly what they are.  Win 7 draw 1 and lose 2 from 10 going into the game. Best away record for 4 decades on the cards.   Go behind and they crawl out their ****ing holes .

some total weapons made a ***** of themselves again

thats not to say their cannot be criticism when it’s deserved, and it was absolute deserved first half tonight. But to say **** all for weeks then start calling for the manager at half time. / name calling / project manager pish.  Get in the ****ing bin 🤣

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot

Meh first half and they were clinical.

Dexter mom.

Great goal from the Hoff, 2nd half he actual done some midfielding, well done lad.

Forrest, Oda and Tait played well.

Penalty taker now an issue, need someone else to give Shanks a break.

Big shout out to Halkett as well who done his best to make me shit my scants and keep the game interesting.

Great game and a thrilling win!

Let's win the next win 3-0, nae drama.

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

If there anything that proves that Bongo is more than just a few sandwiches short of a picnic…..it’s that line up.

Just now, Lambert Simnel said:

Seriously?  I thought the ref had a good game. Should have booked Kingsley in the second half (and I dunno if Halks got one for his "challenge" but I think that deserved one too) but otherwise I thought the ref got pretty much every significant decision right.  

To be fair I am slating him entirely for the 2 decisions I mentioned which I thought were terrible. Although, to be fair he didn’t actually give us our pen at first look, he was told by VAR to look at it. I honestly saw nothing in it, shocked we got that.

2 hours ago, May98 said:

Dexter is a proper footballer.   He will play in the EPL. 

The midfield is being controlled by Dundee at home.  How the ****s that's ever allowed I do not know.

The lad is absolutely outstanding. 

Malinga the Swinga

Naismith made brave call taking Vargas off and putting Oda on, especially as Vargas had started to beat his full back and put decent crosses in.

Paid off in the end and showed good management.

Just now, FWJ said:

The sheep-botherers might have 4 games in hand but they’re 17 points behind us.

3rd and £6m is ours.  

JudyJudyJudy
36 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The best thing about this btw? We didn’t rely on Shankland, the squad stepped up and showed their worth. Well done boys

Good point re Shanks

24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Second half makes it all worthwhile. No idea how close Halkett was to giving away penalty at 2-2, but I have to admit I was worried.

We thought it was in the box. Surprised it wasnt given but thats fine 

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyone negative about that can't really enjoy anything.

True. They got themselves out of a hole really. Thats fighting spirit. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Naismith made brave call taking Vargas off and putting Oda on, especially as Vargas had started to beat his full back and put decent crosses in

Paid off in the end and showed good management.

Naisy is brave as feck in his decisions.   It worked again tonight and and I agree with you. 

StirlingJambo

We’ve got to hun that formation we started with in home games. The formation change and subs changed the game 

1 minute ago, May98 said:

3rd and £6m is ours.  

I don’t know for sure but I think two of their games in hand are vs the gruesome twosome

Edited by FWJ

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Mind last time you said that? :lol: 

giphy.gif

Moi?

Never, we'll need someone to jog memories.

Always said the goal was to close in on rangers.

Forward thinker- me.

:turmoil:

innerjambo
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I thought Nieuwenhof took his very well and gave us hope. The difference Oda made when he came on shouldn’t be underestimated. Caused chaos before Dexter’s goal and kept going at them. Great goal from Yutaro but a great performance as well. 

Agreed, have celebratory drink hand!!

First half was absolutely shocking.

No way we're coming back, I thought, pulled one back, here we go, but after the penalty miss, I thought that was that, but fair play to the players, outstanding come back

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Back 4 at home against teams that will just sit in from now on.

Agree with this. Keep the 3 for the bigger teams 

Just now, FWJ said:

I don’t know for sure but I think two of they’re games in hand are vs the gruesome twosome

It would take the biggest collapse ever mate and we are easily the best team outside Glasgow too.  

I think it's procession time unless someone else wins the scottish and the rest of the teams are shocking standard. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

The sheep-botherers might have 4 games in hand but they’re 17 points behind us.

I'd prefer we didn't give them a 2 goal start though, just in case.

Play like we did on last 30 minutes and I'm confident we can win.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good point re Shanks

We thought it was in the box. Surprised it wasnt given but thats fine 

True. They got themselves out of a hole really. Thats fighting spirit. 

Replay showed a good half yard outside box. A good call. I shat it at first tho we’d just got it to 2-2 :lol: 

Lambert Simnel
Just now, daveb15 said:

To be fair I am slating him entirely for the 2 decisions I mentioned which I thought were terrible. Although, to be fair he didn’t actually give us our pen at first look, he was told by VAR to look at it. I honestly saw nothing in it, shocked we got that.

Fair enough, mate.  I thought our was a pen, on seeing the replay, but wouldn't have been surprised if it hadn't been given.  With the Halkett one, the ref's first instinct was wrong, but it got corrected. If he's prepared to listen to the other officials and use the evidence shown, then that's fine by me (as opposed to the "I can't have been wrong, so no pen" attitude after VAR review when Boycie got a foot in the chest at Motherwell). Rest of the game, I thought tonight's whistler did well.

1 minute ago, May98 said:

It would take the biggest collapse ever mate and we are easily the best team outside Glasgow too.  

I think it's procession time unless someone else wins the scottish and the rest of the teams are shocking standard. 

Well we’re gonna win the SC …..

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'd prefer we didn't give them a 2 goal start though, just in case.

Play like we did on last 30 minutes and I'm confident we can win.

Yup.  Need to keep the heart tablets stocked up.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Replay showed a good half yard outside box. A good call. I shat it at first tho we’d just got it to 2-2 :lol: 

👍 Our view was slightly obscured where  we were but happy with the decsion. :) 

Boris5115
38 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

A lot of funny posts on this thread at 0-2 

Absolutely nothing wrong with the posts at 0 2. That first half performance was nothing short of a disgrace and probably the worst witnessed for a very long time. 

Daveandal

On the bus home. Really enjoyed that tonight. 

I'm sure everyone was very reasoned at 0-2 on this thread 😁

1971fozzy
16 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

comments weren’t mental , why are folk saying this. Listen to Naismiths interview after the game. He agreed.

do you want us high giving each other at half time.

inwill give a lot of credit for 58-98 minutes though. As SN said that’s what we need for the whole game.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Daveandal said:

On the bus home. Really enjoyed that tonight. 

I'm sure everyone was very reasoned at 0-2 on this thread 😁

Having a look back, most were saying we are still in it, we can pull this back and let's get behind the team.

Okay, not most

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

👍 Our view was slightly obscured where  we were but happy with the decsion. :) 

I thought a pen at first too. He made a right mess of the pass from the free kick too your just thinking aw ffs man :lol:  
An enjoyable game. 

RealMaroonCF
20 minutes ago, brellier said:

Naisy winning me over now , we’re making progress every week 

You gotta give the guy some credit

It wasn't his fault we lost first goal to slow defending from the caravan (halks) and cochrame thinking he still playing v Spartans.

Blessing that beni had to go.off as taut got the game going 25 yards forwards 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

I thought a pen at first too. He made a right mess of the pass from the free kick too your just thinking aw ffs man :lol:  
An enjoyable game. 

Aye i love night games and the atmosphere. Glad i went along. 👍