Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Lembikisa Halkett Kent Kingsley 

Pollock  Cochrane 

Tait

Oda                    Forrest 

Tagawa.

Kick on Tait Next one to come to is Tagawa I'm backing you lad,I thrive on the Haters!!!! You will prove them wrong mark my words!!!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whitecapjambo

Back 3 doesn't work when teams don't press us. Fair play to Naismith for changing it. Great response from players. Thought Tait was excellent when he came on.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Second half makes it all worthwhile. No idea how close Halkett was to giving away penalty at 2-2, but I have to admit I was worried.

I think the phrase is "a bawhair"

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

I really want to see more of Tait in the 1st team. Kids definitely got something. I think he’s just been dreadfully unlucky that the team haven’t given him many opportunities i.e. being 2 goals up in a game. Hopefully tonight. 

👆 Kens a player 

Jamboross
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

mmm, hate to piss on his chips but he had one superb moment. It turned the tide of the game right enough, hopefully he kicks on.

That seems harsh. I missed most of the first half so no idea how he played then but second half I thought he was excellent. The wee faint and super strike for the goal, mopping things up defensively and keeping things neat and tidy when building attacks. Really liked him and Tait together. 

ScandinavianJambo

Great win, but I rather not go through that again 😆. Haven't clawed back a win from 2-0 at home since something like 2002!

The best thing was that we are winning without Shankland being on the score sheet. I want him to start scoring again, and he will, but the rest of the team are taking their turns and contributing. 

Dexter added some real class clear MOM for me. 2nd half was much less predictable from the whole team with a lovely tempo/ opposite of the first half's pedestrian game. 

Hoff's shot was sublime and Oda produced some fine trickery, shutting me and the rest of us up. Lastly, welcome to the big boys Tait. You did well!

What a night 😁

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Great result in the end! Mental Aberdeen still have 4 games in hand though. Would be more comfortable seeing them rack up the losses and get to the same games played. 

Didn't realise they have 4 games in hand. 

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Its impressive but i'd rather not be in the position in the first place. Think everyone will agree with that! 

I consistently call out Naisy for being boring. Anything but it turns out :rofl:

No one wants to be 2-0 down. It’s what you do when you find yourself losing that counts. We’ve been behind in our last 3 league games and picked up 7 points from them. 

Just now, Whitecapjambo said:

Back 3 doesn't work when teams don't press us. Fair play to Naismith for changing it. Great response from players. Thought Tait was excellent when he came on.

Yeah would agree. I think good to have both formations in the locker i guess. Second half is the formation we all want i think, Naisy included. We've kinda fallen into the 352 thing. Interesting to see going forward, especially when Kye is back, what we do.

Francis Albert

Minor complaint tonight. Why can't Hearts TV fix the microphone balance between the pre. HT. and post match commentators, The guy asking the questions is clear and audible, but the other is so quiet I struggle to understand what he is saying. 

Good that at the end of the day that is my main complaint!

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Anyone negative about that can't really enjoy anything.

Peaks and troughs  Mikey 🙂

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

👆 Kens a player 

Should be starting ahead of Denholm.  Technically very good, makes it look easy

Aussie Jambo

Absolute pish first half. That defence was shocking. Then for reasons being my imagination we win when good players get taken off. Couldn’t make it up. 
Shanks no more penalties.  3/3 missed. 
Dexter has a few mishaps first half but second he was brilliant. Oda goal was a cracker as was Dexters. My blood pressure tablets kicking in thank ****. 
Not the best game but I’ll take the win. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Didn't realise they have 4 games in hand. 

Unless I've micounted which is a distinct possibility! We've played 22 they're on 18 according to the current BBC table

Bongo 1874
18 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

@Bongo 1874 called it bang on tonight. Far better with 4 at the back (though Halkett needs a rocket up his hoop) and Wee Macaulay Messi different class. Kudos to you.

A football life I understand I dedicate my life to HMFC A football team from the capital It’s where my heart will always be….

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

👆 Kens a player 

Self praise is ... :P

Seriously though, he looks very good. Composed and looked to me to have Beni's knack for making space for himself. 

Impressive. Going to be difficult balancing playing time for Denholm, Pollock & Tait but hopefully see all 3 stake claims over the rest of the season. 

Annoyingly Denholm seems to be picking up silly wee injuries here and there. Hopefully nothing to worry about there. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

No one wants to be 2-0 down. It’s what you do when you find yourself losing that counts. We’ve been behind in our last 3 league games and picked up 7 points from them. 

Its not good for life expectancy, hair line and blood pressure. 

Mon the Hearts! 

Luckies1874

Tremendous win in the end after what was a dismal first half. So much more desire, energy and tempo in the 2nd half to get what was a deserved win. The 3pts are huge in putting a further gap between us and the others. Great chance on Saturday to almost finish Aberdeen off in their pursuit of 3rd. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, hmfc1984 said:

Unless I've micounted which is a distinct possibility! We've played 22 they're on 18 according to the current BBC table

You're correct. 

Just now, Badonde said:

Should be starting ahead of Denholm.  Technically very good, makes it look easy

On that showing he should be starting ahead of Beni. Sharp, mobile, positive and passes with intent. Polar opposite of what we’ve been served so far this season. 

Loved it when he was whipping the ball into feet then telling them where to pass it. Good feeling about him. 

Go for it 1308
14 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

A lot of funny posts on this thread at 0-2 

Can you blame them? 🤔

4 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

Great result in the end! Mental Aberdeen still have 4 games in hand though. Would be more comfortable seeing them rack up the losses and get to the same games played. 

Games in hand outside the OF are just that. Far from certain wins, and a bit like us towards the Winter break, fixture congestion can create fatigue that can result in points being thrown away (County at home). Fingers crossed Aberdeen struggle to get points on the board.

iantjambo
Just now, indianajones said:

Its not good for life expectancy, hair line and blood pressure. 

Mon the Hearts! 

Oh absolutely. I was on juice in the first half and switched to beer for the second :lol:

That was a stressful watch tonight. Awful first half. Lembikisa played very well, Forrest yet again delivered and fair play to Tait who looked very composed. Glad to see Hof get a goal too.

Gordon_1874

First and foremost it's great to get another 3 points. What was that first half all about, slow ponderous disjointed and a total lack of tempo/urgency.

I reckon Naisy had a few choice words at half time and credit to him and the players for the 2nd half showing but we need to start games like how we played that 2nd half.

Maybe more attacking players on the pitch from the off are required, I thought all of the subs played their part when they came on as well and well done to Neuwenhof who took a chance and had a pop at goal for getting us back in the game, we do need more of a goal threat from midfield.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Kick on Tait Next one to come to is Tagawa I'm backing you lad,I thrive on the Haters!!!! You will prove them wrong mark my words!!!

Tait done very well bongo. Fair play to you. 

Hope St Johnstone take something from their game against the sheep tomorrow and we hump Aberdeen on Saturday and that should keep them well and truly in the bottom six.

Great result tonight let’s consolidate it on Saturday 

Edited by Deevers

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Minor complaint tonight. Why can't Hearts TV fix the microphone balance between the pre. HT. and post match commentators, The guy asking the questions is clear and audible, but the other is so quiet I struggle to understand what he is saying. 

Agreed!

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Games in hand outside the OF are just that. Far from certain wins, and a bit like us towards the Winter break, fixture congestion can create fatigue that can result in points being thrown away (County at home). Fingers crossed Aberdeen struggle to get points on the board.

Aye, I'm hoping they will suffer from fitting in the games. Either way we're at least 5 points ahead even if they win them all which I'd probably have taken at the start of the season! Huge game for us against them. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think the phrase is "a bawhair"

Meh, clear grass between feet and the box line. Too close for comfort in real time tho 🫣

Edited by WDJ87

JimmyCant

Can match threads be closed just before kick off and re-opened when the final result is known. 😆

ScandinavianJambo

Hat of to Naisy to believe in the youth and his changes of formation was spot on. He is certainly doing it but I'm still coming down from the adrenaline rush....👏😁🥳

LogicalEric

Night and day performance in that 2nd half. Was surprised when Vargas was taken off but Oda looked like a player with a point to prove when he came on. Big Dexter came onto a game, some.of his crosses were tremendous. 

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Kudos to our goal scorers tonight guys, they made the difference 👏 

I thought Nieuwenhof took his very well and gave us hope. The difference Oda made when he came on shouldn’t be underestimated. Caused chaos before Dexter’s goal and kept going at them. Great goal from Yutaro but a great performance as well. 

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Meh, clear grass between feet and the box line. Too close for comfort tho 🫣

Ive got thick bawhair right enough

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, King prawn said:

closer to 2nd than we are 4th 👀

Maybe want hibs to beat rangers,  close inon that 2nd spot .....

:av-1001:

Start a poll.

Players deserve credit for that 2nd half, showed real character but I can’t help but think that’s a direct reflection of our manager. He had it as a player and I’m starting to really believe in him as a manager.

Its easy to say the first half was shocking he got it wrong etc, but faced with a 2-0 half time deficit and 3 enforced changes he stays calm and does what’s required to get the win.

He starts to get more of his own players and continues to change the mentality of the current crop and we could see something special from him. It was always going to take patience and blind faith but he’s producing the goods now. Even Saturday while not the best there’s was no panic at the end no launching 40 yard rockets into the box and hope for the best and tonight he could’ve easily shut up shop at 2-2 but he kept them at and made a change that won the game.

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

👆 Kens a player 

Is this Kenneth chap another new signing?  🤷🏿‍♂️

::troll::

Nessjambo67

Was a bit concerned when I saw the midfield distinctly defensive set up looks like the midfield will now get re jigged with possible injuries. Well done though never say never Hearts 

PapaShango
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Mine was buffering at the end as well but may have been the weather!

Tait superb tonight should start on Saturday. Kept it simple pass and move isn’t rocket science but he done it well and was the difference IMO as to getting the win.

maltese jambo
17 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

A lot of funny posts on this thread at 0-2 

Oh come off it pal. By all accounts we were absolutely shocking and folk rightly not happy about the performance first half.

Great comeback and Credit where credit due in the end.

Just now, ScandinavianJambo said:

Hat of to Naisy to believe in the youth and his changes of formation was spot on. He is certainly doing it but I'm still coming down from the adrenaline rush....👏😁🥳

Naisy winning me over now , we’re making progress every week 

colinmaroon
5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

That was a stressful watch tonight. Awful first half. Lembikisa played very well, Forrest yet again delivered and fair play to Tait who looked very composed. Glad to see Hof get a goal too.

Sums me up as well.