***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee Match Thread***

Tenor

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the posts at 0 2. That first half performance was nothing short of a disgrace and probably the worst witnessed for a very long time. 

How come, just how come, that every time we are losing, someone describes it as ‘the worst witnessed for a very long time’?

Is this a cliche?  Or, do you genuinely believe that to be the case?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

saxondale
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with the posts at 0 2. That first half performance was nothing short of a disgrace and probably the worst witnessed for a very long time. 

You don't think there's something wrong in saying x player/manager/formation is without atleast waiting until the game's up?

It's football, things can be turned round at any time - as it proved today.

That's not me saying I thought we were good first half, but have a bit of patience and little bit of perspective (not you specifically, btw).

I also thought Dundee made us look not very good, as opposed to us making them look good.

jack D and coke
Just now, Morgan said:

How come, just how come, that every time we are losing, someone describes it as ‘the worst witnessed for a very long time’?

Is this a cliche?  Or, do you genuinely believe that to be the case?

I troll the life out of the brain cripples on Facebook who do this. It’s always “disgraceful” or “shocking” and I enjoy making a tit of these fans. 
It wasn’t a great first half. It happens.  
FFS. 

JamboCampbell

Anyone think 442 needs to be used more. Rather start with that in these games and switch to a 5 later if needed. 532 just seems easy to play against!

millerjames398
29 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

😎

Screenshot_20240123-220857.png

And i thought tonight couldn't get any better😂😂😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, May98 said:

It would take the biggest collapse ever mate and we are easily the best team outside Glasgow too.  

I think it's procession time unless someone else wins the scottish and the rest of the teams are shocking standard. 

I'm taking nothing for granted after last season!

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye i love night games and the atmosphere. Glad i went along. 👍

Good stuff man👌🏼

Btw i thought Dundee were good tonight. They played some nice football, one touch stuff through their midfield. Bit shite at the back, their fullbacks had a tough night, but yeah was quite impressed with how they play.

Get it round them of course.

52 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Bloody hell that was stressful stuff. Against a poor side really. Job done I suppose 

A curious stat about Shankland's 3 penalty misses - we've still won the game anyway whenever it's happened 😊

I don't think Dundee are a bad side at all. 

Our comeback, to show that dogged spirit is something that our manager has in spades. We need more work, clearly, but that quality is something I want our players to have. 

Oda & Dexter on the right is so potent...

RealMaroonCF

If you've the fist, maroon, or your dad (or.mums) will in your blood. Grow up !

We won tonight the best way.

Enjoy it. We showed that (God forbid) 'thing'...that "they" do. Come JTs......applaud the team and effort

2 hours ago, One five said:

Much better organised  than us 

On reflection the wind made a huge difference.

Life Aquatic
4 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

And i thought tonight couldn't get any better😂😂😂🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Please, I can only get so erect...

Bongo 1874
Just now, TheBigO said:

Btw i thought Dundee were good tonight. They played some nice football, one touch stuff through their midfield. Bit shite at the back, their fullbacks had a tough night, but yeah was quite impressed with how they play.

That's the standard.

High tempo.

4 at the back with Kingsley and Dexter pushing on.

Oh what a night.

That was better than Sex 🤣🤣.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, mr fox said:

Clarke should be number 1 and continue to hold this 

He has done nothing wrong to give up the jersey. 

Hes made loads of mistakes, you play your best players, end of story. 

Thunder and Lightning

Oooft, some of the nonsense posted by the armchair loyal at half time. 😂 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

They did. They looked pretty slick at times and deserved their first half lead. 
Like you say though get it bent right roond them. 

That’s us 3rd top goalscorers in the league now 😎

So we can stfu about that too !

Edited by DS98

Pasquale for King

Surely the end of this formation at home, choose a starting defence and don’t expect them to be the playmakers. 
Brilliant comeback all things considered, once again we made a bottom half team look good. We have to start games much better. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Driving into work and effectively only "radio" coverage for the first half gave me the seethe.

Setting up my computer for the day when the Hoff scored so I missed watching that.

We equalise and my stifled :yas: wasn't as stifled as I thought. So Oda's winner needed a toilet visit for the delayed :yas:

A Neilson team couldn't have done that.

LogicalEric
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What I said to my laddie at half time. McCowan/Cameron would be a great addition to our midfield.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He also has the 2nd most clean sheets in the league. It would be extremely harsh for him to immediately lose his jersey.

I love Craig Gordon to bits. When I was wee and getting into football he was just establishing himself as our number 1. I want to see him back between the sticks too, but with Zanders decent form its unjustifiable to replace him. Perhaps in the summer we can revisit things. It might be worth selling Zander if he wants to try his luck down south and give us a chance to give Craig a clear run at the #1 Jersey, or we just leave things as they are and let them compete. Could be the route to get the best out of both of them. 

henrysmithsgloves
57 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

"Shankland misses 3rd penalty in a row to show to his new captain he doesn't want to take the responsibility off him"

Don't think the headlines will be about us pulling it off🧐

saxondale
10 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They were impressive. They have a few good players as well. With the Burnely investment, they could potentially be the team to push us for third now.

saxondale
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How not to man manage 101.

Turkishcap

2 0 always a funny score, 3rd goal of game crucial, as was 4th & 5th!

Had radio on and at ht didn't expect this, huge 3 points.

Chucked a fiver on 3-2 at half time and only got 12/1 for it. Even the bookies know this hearts team have balls.

14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

On reflection the wind made a huge difference.

Can’t disagree mate windy conditions is a bit of a leveller.

Fozzyonthefence
31 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

The worst first half since the last home game!  A bit of a worrying recurring theme at home.

But credit to Naisy for the change in formation at half time and the subs worked well (although Forrest one obviously forced).  Can we not just start like that for a change?

Oda did more in the first minute he came on compared to the hour or so he had on Saturday and scored a great goal (I think, or deflection?).  Dexter looked really good going forward again and I was impressed with Tait, he was very busy, always wanting the ball and trying to make things he happen.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Nelly Terraces

Honestly didn’t think we ever had a performance like that in us but delighted we did, a change in personnel & formation added to an upping of the pace we moved the ball proved crucial.

A huge win & let’s bottle that last half hour & release it from the off v the Codheads on Saturday. 

soonbe110
6 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Would you expect Gordon to be dropped to accommodate games for Clark?

Clark has taken his opportunity imo and deserves to keep it just now.

I’d always play my best player if he is fit.  Shankland would play up front ahead of anyone else if he is fit. Kent would play centre back if he is fit.  No difference for keepers for me. Play the best keeper. 

soonbe110
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely the end of this formation at home, choose a starting defence and don’t expect them to be the playmakers. 
Brilliant comeback all things considered, once again we made a bottom half team look good. We have to start games much better. 

Yep, started with 8 defensively minded players today plus a keeper at home to Dundee🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️. After 55 mins or so we have only 4/5 defensively minded players plus a keeper and we rip them apart.  Manager has to take the hit for starting line up.  Grant and Tait were outstanding second half. 

5 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

How can people be bothered giving the rest of us their team selection when nobody really cares 😞 neither has it been asked for 🤷

PMSL, because some people take it seriously, it's fun to create debate.😁

49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ve taken stick for calling them snakes.  🐍 but that’s exactly what they are.  Win 7 draw 1 and lose 2 from 10 going into the game. Best away record for 4 decades on the cards.   Go behind and they crawl out their ****ing holes .

some total weapons made a ***** of themselves again

thats not to say their cannot be criticism when it’s deserved, and it was absolute deserved first half tonight. But to say **** all for weeks then start calling for the manager at half time. / name calling / project manager pish.  Get in the ****ing bin 🤣

This.......... spot on

14 minutes ago, haj said:

Chucked a fiver on 3-2 at half time and only got 12/1 for it. Even the bookies know this hearts team have balls.

As soon as we went 2-0, I thought some good odds now, only got 15/2

heartsfc_fan

Some game.

We were awful in the first half.

Beni and Halkett looked like they'd been on the sauce.

Second half + subs worked. I was actually surprised Forrest and Grant didn't start tbh. Also special mention to young Tait who looked assured in the middle.

Corstorphine Jambo

Our midfield looked so much stronger when we went 4 at the back. And I enjoyed the second half. We pummelled them.

On a negative note, another goal lost where Cochrane has no idea what’s over his shoulder. Happens too often.

My half sister
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The only place I want to see Oda is a photo at the airport on his way home 

That’s a bit harsh! Thought he done well when he came on!

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Some game.

We were awful in the first half.

Beni and Halkett looked like they'd been on the sauce.

Second half + subs worked. I was actually surprised Forrest and Grant didn't start tbh. Also special mention to young Tait who looked assured in the middle.

I don't think we were awful. Two goals against the run of play, both created by Hearts mistakes, albeit they did do a good execution job.

Big difference though when young Tait replaced Beni, a player who wanted the ball, is prepared to move to get the ball, looks for positive passes, and prepared to put in a tackle. He gets my vote against the fans favourite. 🪖on!

I’ve went on about one aspect for ages that seems to plague us and that was individual intensity to a man.  That was the first half.  It all seemed too passive, training ground exercise stuff from us. Our players need to work harder,  think quicker, move the ball into the small gaps that open up to progress the ball (which Tait offered and executed when he came on).

Meanwhile, Dundee were brisk in possession, looked more of a unit through the middle of the park and had more anticipation and worked harder in general.  

Fair play to Naismith though.  He got a reaction. It took 5 or 10 mins for us to adjust to the new shape and the more positive changes helped, even though one was forced with Beni going off.  

Tait…..very composed, plays with his head up, knows where he wants to put the ball even before he’s got it.  Two footed.  Looks an exciting prospect, very exciting.    

Looks to have genuine quality and a good brain.  

FTH 

Edited by Debut 4

GrimUpNorth
45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

comments weren’t mental , why are folk saying this. Listen to Naismiths interview after the game. He agreed.

do you want us high giving each other at half time.

inwill give a lot of credit for 58-98 minutes though. As SN said that’s what we need for the whole game.

It's every game, every week. We go behind in any game, or don't blitz lesser sides away and it's "the players are shit, the management need sacked" etc etc. Completely unrealistic. We've got a large number of fans who have got OF entitlement. We're sitting in well clear in 3rd place, semi final of one cup and through to the 5th round in the other. We're not going to play like Brazil 1970 every minute of every game. 

Fozzyonthefence
56 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Seriously?  I thought the ref had a good game. Should have booked Kingsley in the second half (and I dunno if Halks got one for his "challenge" but I think that deserved one too) but otherwise I thought the ref got pretty much every significant decision right.  

Seriously?  He got both penalty decisions wrong!  Obviously can’t blame him for the wrong offside flag on Dundee’s fist goal too but that’s 3 major decisions the officials got wrong onfield !  Plus Kingsley should have got yellow (and I’m not sure if Halkett got one for the non penalty but certainly should have).  

VAR was better than the onfield officials tonight, it did it’s job, but to be fair maybe not the easiest decisions to give in real time (I did think Halkett’s one was outside the box from the Roseburn though so ref should have got that right).  

ScandinavianJambo

Right, I was pi*** off at half time, Naisy thought it was a horrible first half. We have not come back from 2 goals down since 2002, I believe. Thus, the comeback was great, the team did amazing to push though (and so did Naisy), but to say that one couldn't be peed off is just laughable. Off course one can. Being peed off is the point of football. As long as one can rejoice  in the win!

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, My half sister said:

That’s a bit harsh! Thought he done well when he came on!

Well said, probably prefers more hun cast offs. 

I like Halkett but his main contribution tonight was to give the ball away then give up dangerous free kicks trying to make up for his mistakes. He’s clearly not comfortable being asked to pass out from the back. Great to see a Hearts team with so much bottle though, even when performances aren’t perfect. Naismith is really starting to prove himself as a very good manager and long may it continue!