Serious incident in Granton

GinRummy

Don Dan
33 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Don Dan...my comment from the specific thread setup for this topic (the webley shooting is fairly horrendous but that case in Craigmillar is beyond comprehensible...how on earth was that guy macleod not in an institution after his previous crime against ex wife): 

This honestly to me is one of the most disturbing incidents I've ever known about...and forget within Edinburgh/Scotland...to me its as disturbing as any infamous serial murder case out there. It's just made so much more tangible by way of through knowing that part of the city and those grim tower blocks. 

The poster above who knew one of this psychopaths brothers...fascinating!! I had the unfortunate experience of meeting his murderer's younger brother, Justin Lovell, over a decade ago. He was then found to be a serial rapist and jailed for 7 years...Man guilty of raping two sleeping women in Edinburgh (scotsman.com)

As a city its a funny place Edinburgh...not a 'village' like some people exaggerate, but the degrees of separation between people are ridiculous, particularly if you socialized heavily as a teen across schools (public and state). If you wanted to somehow branch into a social crowd that had connections to people like Webley, it wasn't hard to do. 

Obviously dug a lot into Macleod senior...absolutely terrifying and in my view a cataclysmic failure of the justice system that he was out in the real world after what he did to his ex wife. That in itself was one of the most violent sickening crimes I've read about...she was stunning and for him to take away her image and life like that should have seen him incarcerated indefinitely in an asylum. He clearly wasn't just some violent nutter...was obviously deeply disturbed and suffering from severe psychopathic tendencies. 

The story of how Rowlings and Johnstone were 'invited' around is just terrifying...the worst part of it all is how long the police estimate the incidents went on for, with Rowlings stepping into the flat long after Johnstone's attack would have started. It is just so terrifying...

Speculation as to why it happened? People at the time were quick to assume Rowlings/Johnstone were historical paedophiles online...as I understand it, this is totally untrue and horrifically, they were just two vulnerable people who these animals prayed on. The only thing I can find online is an old reddit comment from the time of crime which claims he knew Des and Bronco to be neighborly friends, constantly around at each others home on genuinely good terms. The whole thing is just so impossible to grasp. 

Anyone else on here come from across the Macleod senior before? It's interesting from earlier poster who knew brother...what the hell made this guy so incredibly violent?! Jesus...so shocking.

brought up in Gracemount and between there and some other neighbourhoods never came across anyone as physiologically disturbed as these individuals. Certainly plenty hard men around especially in my class at school and people I mixed with socially. Drank in some wild boozers over the years and seen some nasty stuff but never ever that kind violence. Not saying some of the people I new wouldn’t be capable of that as some were pretty handy with a blade or tumbler at times. But generally stopped short of murder. These psychopaths take it to a different level. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

grantsut

I think these two had both totally fallen into mental oblivion by the point of their last victims. thats why its such a tragedy...clearly wasn't just two extremely violent nutters...this was two people who should have been locked up in a mental institution - and they had both shown plenty of signs of evidence of that...but the state had failed to act and they were wandering around buying hammers and machetes and jump suits/goggles for this final episode. 

im surprised more fuss hasn't been kicked up by people, particularly the families of the victims. they well deserve to have it explained to them as to why this was allowed to happen...

there is a thread on reddit where there seems to be a prison warden/prisoner who came across the pair in saughton...the dad apparently has severe parkinsons and couldn't even go up to get his food, while the son sticks to him like glue and apparently just wanders around in a daze. really haunting case - truly RIP to the two guys. 

It’s great to see that these two cases haven’t been forgotten about. 

tightrope
1 hour ago, grantsut said:

I think these two had both totally fallen into mental oblivion by the point of their last victims. thats why its such a tragedy...clearly wasn't just two extremely violent nutters...this was two people who should have been locked up in a mental institution - and they had both shown plenty of signs of evidence of that...but the state had failed to act and they were wandering around buying hammers and machetes and jump suits/goggles for this final episode. 

im surprised more fuss hasn't been kicked up by people, particularly the families of the victims. they well deserve to have it explained to them as to why this was allowed to happen...

there is a thread on reddit where there seems to be a prison warden/prisoner who came across the pair in saughton...the dad apparently has severe parkinsons and couldn't even go up to get his food, while the son sticks to him like glue and apparently just wanders around in a daze. really haunting case - truly RIP to the two guys. 

They have both been involved in prison violence recently, both moved to other jails. Included in assault on a female.

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, tightrope said:

There was no feud prior to the shooting, sorry, I worded it wrong, there was more an uneasy truce, the Royston mob didn't seem to align themselves with any side. The shooting , I belive happened due to him calling out in social media, to ignore that would have made them look weak. Obviohsly the situation with the girl, the assault on her etc added tk it.He asked for it he got it. The shooter is a nothing, a fire in. A well known joke figure really. This was a massive step up for this joker. He was paid half up front from what I was told. 

Don't know but the other guy may have supplied the weapon and may have been in the car, defo 3 in the car.

As for Don, was out of the game fir years, this maybe ripped him back into it. Knowing him, it would not surprise me if he had planned to be arrested to try and get to the shooter. He is that mad, though there would be no chance of him getting to any of them. As for revenge, Don is capable and mad enough, the consequences really would not bother him. He has no fear in that sense. 

Just would question the timing here. While it was a very amateur operation gifting to the Police the perpetrators there would still have needed a fair degree of planning. The Webley 'bring it on' video was just a few hours before the shooting. Unlikely it wasn't already planned beforehand. 

tightrope
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just would question the timing here. While it was a very amateur operation gifting to the Police the perpetrators there would still have needed a fair degree of planning. The Webley 'bring it on' video was just a few hours before the shooting. Unlikely it wasn't already planned beforehand. 

Yes, I meant no long term fued. I believe the threats and call outs had been happening for a while, I mean, Holidays to Spain take time to plan.....

Mikey1874

Didn't quote the post in case I've misunderstood who was being referred to.

But in terms of the idiot, arsehole Webley brothers, the father is also an idiot, arsehole but the rest of the family is pretty normal and not involved in any crime. Unlikely they would directly be organising revenge. Not to say others might be. 

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Yes, I meant no long term fued. I believe the threats and call outs had been happening for a while, I mean, Holidays to Spain take time to plan.....

Yes, was thinking that Webley had been saying that for a while. Videos just repeating the same thing. But to be fair he's left a decent result in their inevitable 30 year plus prison sentences (remember they tried to kill an innocent bystander). 

Edited by Mikey1874

grantsut

Was don and marcs dad a psycho also? The blood line dad….know the mum re married and the step family got lumped with the violence of Marc and don which must have been a bit of a shock.

grantsut
44 minutes ago, tightrope said:

They have both been involved in prison violence recently, both moved to other jails. Included in assault on a female.

Really interesting. I just can’t get my head around how the 2 of them are in normal prisons…unless they are sharing a cell with some kind of equivalent sadistic paedophile or rapist, my heart goes out to the cell mates. In particular the one in with Macleod senior. 

you wouldn’t be sleeping even a wink. 

Benny Klack
9 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Really interesting. I just can’t get my head around how the 2 of them are in normal prisons…unless they are sharing a cell with some kind of equivalent sadistic paedophile or rapist, my heart goes out to the cell mates. In particular the one in with Macleod senior. 

you wouldn’t be sleeping even a wink. 

Agreed - Carstairs would be more appropriate 

grantsut
14 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Agreed - Carstairs would be more appropriate 

Most terrifyingly, a lot of psychiatric investigations were done into both of them…and nope, they did what they did in full compos mentis - fully aware and of sound mind doing what they were doing. 

if they’d been both severe schizophrenia suffererers…one could at least believe they had no mental control. 

the fact they’ve assaulted a female prison worker already and been moved demonstrates these two will probably keep hurting and killing while inside for however long it takes them to die. Most clear example I can think of why we need the death penalty.

Benny Klack
19 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Most terrifyingly, a lot of psychiatric investigations were done into both of them…and nope, they did what they did in full compos mentis - fully aware and of sound mind doing what they were doing. 

if they’d been both severe schizophrenia suffererers…one could at least believe they had no mental control. 

the fact they’ve assaulted a female prison worker already and been moved demonstrates these two will probably keep hurting and killing while inside for however long it takes them to die. Most clear example I can think of why we need the death penalty.

hard to disagree 

the old fella with dementia that murdered his wife in a confused state ends up in carstairs yet these pair get dumped in regular prisons. Go figure.

Death penalty won’t come back so you just have to hope these two get what they deserve someday soon when “accidentally” left unsupervised 

Threedoorsdown

Seen some awful footage of something that has happened a 30 second drive up the road from the shooting.

I sadly suspect someone else has passed away.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Armageddon
11 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Seen some awful footage of something that has happened a 30 second drive up the road from the shooting.

Come on man, what’s the chat?

18 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Would this have been late afternoon? I was walking to my local Tesco in D’ Mains at around 5pm when a police car blasted past clearing the traffic for an ambulance with another police car behind it. All of them with full lights and sirens. 

Edited by Tazio

AppleTarts
7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Come on man, what’s the chat?

Hit and run on Muirhouse Pkwy according to the news.

Armageddon

On the Twitter, a woman run over twice.

Has this honestly been filmed and shared??!!

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

Hit and run on Muirhouse Pkwy according to the news.

Not related in any way. 

hughesie27
13 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-paramedics-descend-edinburgh-road-32585195

Think this one is about the one of the man running over his partner with a car twice and it being caught on CCTV - unless you mean another?

That's the one.

Seen the video shared too. Couldn't believe it when he came back for 2nd go. Horrible.

Armageddon
28 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's the one.

Seen the video shared too. Couldn't believe it when he came back for 2nd go. Horrible.

Where do you guys see these kind of things??!!

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, grantsut said:

Do you work for just one newspaper or do you freelance and sell to any buyer?

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Just seen, signed up on Thursday, 13 posts all in this thread :robboyas:

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just seen, signed up on Thursday, 13 posts all in this thread :robboyas:

Could be plod as well, maybe not getting enough answers with FB appeals.

Armageddon
10 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

😂👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Armageddon
3 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Could be plod as well, maybe not getting enough answers with FB appeals.

Imagine, “set up a JKB account and go baw deep into the thread”

”Yes Sir”

”Not even a dabble in the .net thread?”

Day@theraces
30 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

😂, rumbled. Back to Edinburgh Live with yourself Grant.

Cranston
7 hours ago, grantsut said:

Don Dan...my comment from the specific thread setup for this topic (the webley shooting is fairly horrendous but that case in Craigmillar is beyond comprehensible...how on earth was that guy macleod not in an institution after his previous crime against ex wife): 

This honestly to me is one of the most disturbing incidents I've ever known about...and forget within Edinburgh/Scotland...to me its as disturbing as any infamous serial murder case out there. It's just made so much more tangible by way of through knowing that part of the city and those grim tower blocks. 

The poster above who knew one of this psychopaths brothers...fascinating!! I had the unfortunate experience of meeting his murderer's younger brother, Justin Lovell, over a decade ago. He was then found to be a serial rapist and jailed for 7 years...Man guilty of raping two sleeping women in Edinburgh (scotsman.com)

As a city its a funny place Edinburgh...not a 'village' like some people exaggerate, but the degrees of separation between people are ridiculous, particularly if you socialized heavily as a teen across schools (public and state). If you wanted to somehow branch into a social crowd that had connections to people like Webley, it wasn't hard to do. 

Obviously dug a lot into Macleod senior...absolutely terrifying and in my view a cataclysmic failure of the justice system that he was out in the real world after what he did to his ex wife. That in itself was one of the most violent sickening crimes I've read about...she was stunning and for him to take away her image and life like that should have seen him incarcerated indefinitely in an asylum. He clearly wasn't just some violent nutter...was obviously deeply disturbed and suffering from severe psychopathic tendencies. 

The story of how Rowlings and Johnstone were 'invited' around is just terrifying...the worst part of it all is how long the police estimate the incidents went on for, with Rowlings stepping into the flat long after Johnstone's attack would have started. It is just so terrifying...

Speculation as to why it happened? People at the time were quick to assume Rowlings/Johnstone were historical paedophiles online...as I understand it, this is totally untrue and horrifically, they were just two vulnerable people who these animals prayed on. The only thing I can find online is an old reddit comment from the time of crime which claims he knew Des and Bronco to be neighborly friends, constantly around at each others home on genuinely good terms. The whole thing is just so impossible to grasp. 

Anyone else on here come from across the Macleod senior before? It's interesting from earlier poster who knew brother...what the hell made this guy so incredibly violent?! Jesus...so shocking.

Back in the early nineties, I had not long finished my apprenticeship, and started work for a Leith building firm. It had a lot of employees. including one 'Bronco' Macleod. Everyone was shit scared of him. I mean literally people would piss their trousers at the thought of being in his company. He was known as a complete and utter madman. Wasn't the only one at that particular building company though, I made the mistake of making a joke to one of the labourers there, who took offence at ti, next thing I knew he had grabbed me, had me had me half over the hand rail of the scaffolding, and threatening to throw me off, we were about 80 feet up on the top scaffold lift at chimney height in Claremont Street.  I was quite glad when I got the offer of another building firm to work with my mate, not long after that frightening experience. 

Cranston
10 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Some guy killed his wife allegedly.

Man from Silverknowes is missing. Friend of my better half says her street is swarming with cops.

photo_2024-04-14_21-33-53.thumb.jpg.8270a16af6291918cbb8da2abac51cb8.jpg

Hope he's found safe and well. Mental health can be so very vulnerable, the aulder we get. I was very upset at at a recent disappearance by the woman from Murrayfield who went missing, but was tragically later found not long after when her body washed up on a beach in East Lothian. She looked so lovely too, must have had inner turmoil. Its so sad when mental health deteriorates. Anyway, I hope he's found safe.

grantsut
58 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

dear oh dear...honestly wasn't expecting this reaction coming onto the board with some genuine interest in the edinburgh underworld.

no offence but think maybe people here have a little too high an opinion of this anonymous forum lol!! do you guys really think that some gossip on here is going to have any consequence or usage for the police or press? or maybe i'm just out of the edinburgh bubble for too long now and this is how lothians and borders + cheap crap news outlets try to get information these days?! i don't know...but honestly, i'll throw it out there and just assume that the police have probably got their webley case information from kicking in a few doors and their suspect interviews. seriously...chill out. 

look at my posts...i was reading this thread since january as interested in the case and was even more interested in the craigmillar double murder. there is clearly other interested people as well as my posts today and sparked some interesting convos...

jesus...or maybe the webley shooting has made people in edinburgh way more paranoid these days lol. 

reiterate - not police or press. chill.

1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

🤭

It’s a bit like that, Finn, isn’t it?

been here before
18 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Some guy killed his wife allegedly.

Man from Silverknowes is missing. Friend of my better half says her street is swarming with cops.

photo_2024-04-14_21-33-53.thumb.jpg.8270a16af6291918cbb8da2abac51cb8.jpg

Theres a bit of the Alan Preston about him.

Thats just a joke about an explayer before you go organising a dawn raid/ running an exclusive @grantsut

2 minutes ago, grantsut said:

dear oh dear...honestly wasn't expecting this reaction coming onto the board with some genuine interest in the edinburgh underworld.

no offence but think maybe people here have a little too high an opinion of this anonymous forum lol!! do you guys really think that some gossip on here is going to have any consequence or usage for the police or press? or maybe i'm just out of the edinburgh bubble for too long now and this is how lothians and borders + cheap crap news outlets try to get information these days?! i don't know...but honestly, i'll throw it out there and just assume that the police have probably got their webley case information from kicking in a few doors and their suspect interviews. seriously...chill out. 

look at my posts...i was reading this thread since january as interested in the case and was even more interested in the craigmillar double murder. there is clearly other interested people as well as my posts today and sparked some interesting convos...

jesus...or maybe the webley shooting has made people in edinburgh way more paranoid these days lol. 

Convos.  :rofl: 

:vrface:

Gundermann
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres a bit of the Alan Preston about him.

Thats just a joke about an explayer before you go organising a dawn raid/ running an exclusive @grantsut

😄

grantsut
Just now, Morgan said:

Convos.  :rofl: 

:vrface:

find it quite amusing the reaction of being convinced someone whose interested must be a journo or police...

am i missing something? a thread is setup to discuss the webley incident in granton. its supposed to be people speaking about it/asking questions? what is the point of it if not that??

journalism and police investigation work must be in the gutter up there nowadays - they find their answers on here do they? you guys been quoted in the press before as a result of some insanely unique insights on here before?

find it surprising - but hey, if so, well done on being such quality providers of information!!

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, grantsut said:

One or the other but most likely press. Do you not have anything to say on footballing matters in the Terrace or any other thread here in the Shed? Press 100%. Bit odd that every post you've made has been on this thread.

jambo1975
12 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Hope he's found safe and well. Mental health can be so very vulnerable, the aulder we get. I was very upset at at a recent disappearance by the woman from Murrayfield who went missing, but was tragically later found not long after when her body washed up on a beach in East Lothian. She looked so lovely too, must have had inner turmoil. Its so sad when mental health deteriorates. Anyway, I hope he's found safe.

If you had seen the video that this guys is alleged to be the perpetrator of I can assure you you would not be wishing him to be found safe and well

Gorgiewave
7 minutes ago, grantsut said:

What football team do you support?

1 minute ago, grantsut said:

find it quite amusing the reaction of being convinced someone whose interested must be a journo or police...

am i missing something? a thread is setup to discuss the webley incident in granton. its supposed to be people speaking about it/asking questions? what is the point of it if not that??

journalism and police investigation work must be in the gutter up there nowadays - they find their answers on here do they? you guys been quoted in the press before as a result of some insanely unique insights on here before?

find it surprising - but hey, if so, well done on being such quality providers of information!!

Did you sign up as a Hearts fan then?

been here before
Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Shadwell.

Bet you.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, grantsut said:

You done the Miss West Lothian rant for the EEN didn't you?

grantsut
Just now, Doctor FinnBarr said:

One or the other but most likely press. Do you not have anything to say on footballing matters in the Terrace or any other thread here in the Shed? Press 100%. Bit odd that every post you've made has been on this thread.

mate...i've been reading this specific thread since january as interested in the case and no other forum bar a tiny one on reddit was discussing it. and was clear there were posters who knew parties related to it...

the craigmillar murder also of a lot of interest. 

thought coming on and joining the conversation would be interesting. has been for 2 reasons - firstly, some posters have ultimately contributed interesting information which i didn't know already (the purpose of the board), and secondly I've been bombarded with accusations of being police or press and been made to realise that people up in edinburgh are extremely paranoid / have a very high opinion of any comments they post online anonymously. 

why would i post on other threads? i joined specifically for this and the craigmillar case.

Armageddon
2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Season ticket holder at Fettes United 😂

4 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Caps lock, aye?

Cranston
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

If you had seen the video that this guys is alleged to be the perpetrator of I can assure you you would not be wishing him to be found safe and well

Oh dear. I haven't seen it. Thanks for sharing. Thought he was just a missing person. 

👍

Just now, Armageddon said:

Season ticket holder at Fettes United 😂

😆

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic