Serious incident in Granton

GinRummy

Herbert.
5 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Loving the rights, wrongs, failures, succeses chat, but it's a bit dry.  Anyone got anymore scandal on the shooting?

Turns out he was part of a love triangle with a gangster from the south of Edinburgh and David Obua Jambo gangsta. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
33 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Not a jot. 

:greatpost:

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Good points and probably true. With younger kids, the brain does most of its formation - putting it crudely here - in the first few years, certainly before puberty. It's maybe thought that's the most important time to influence/ help them grow. Problem is as I said above, the pull of negative forces in the community/ families is too great for many in the teenage years.

Good podcast here btw. Interview with an English/Irish academic who grew up in utter shit in Coventry, suffered loads of abuse as you can imagine but somehow managed to gain a Phd and now fights to change the system in favour of people who still suffer like she did.

https://play.acast.com/s/blindboy/the-psychological-impact-of-poverty-with-drkatriona-o-sulliv

👍

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Can it not be both ?

Yeh, poor, downtrodden, gun-totting psycopaths. Probably just misunderstood. Personal culpability is always someone else's fault.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Yeh, poor, downtrodden, gun-totting psycopaths. Probably just misunderstood. Personal culpability is always someone else's fault.

Bfp5y0yZYPCTe.gif

On 01/01/2024 at 13:19, periodictabledancer said:

In my experience , it was like the wild west (shootings in The Gunner , even back then) but with the advent of drugs (available over the counter in places like The Ferry Boat) some might say different. 

Good pint in the Gunner. Not been in in over 20 years though.

Thunder and Lightning

I agree, people are a product of their environment when young. But that excuse fades as you get older. 

If beating the shit of of people and shooting others doesn't register as wrong, you can"t keep blaming lack of play parks. Some people are just scum. 

13 minutes ago, Marvin said:

You’d be lucky to get a decent pint there these days. 

iantjambo
25 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Been closed a few years now.

tightrope
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Looking for a Red Hyundai Tuscan, car pulled up, guy got out fired the shots then dissapeared.

From the videos and other stuff easily found on the net not sure the police will have to look to far for their answers.

No doubt will be found burnt out. Crazy.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Building was knocked down years ago now

8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Tbh it wasn't the prettiest. The chippy next door used to be really good.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

So I believe. I haven't lived down that way in 30 years. 

Cameronstheman

Those responsible must know they will be caught .. Cant see this crime disappearing to a cold case

Receiving 30yr plus for this type of crime isn't that unusual these days  . Though sure merited when those involved are  found guilty  

Edited by Cameronstheman

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Those responsible must know they will be caught .. Cant see this crime disappearing to a cold case

Receiving 30yr plus for this type of crime isn't that unusual these days  . Though sure merited when those involved are  found guilty  

Need to prove it. Like all those gangland hits, it could prove tricky.

I can't imagine there will be any witnesses. Even the other boy who got shot will somehow lose his memory

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

They've probably come from out of town. 

Cameronstheman

Just my opinion but its a slam dunk . People talk, may take a little time but that's how i see it 

Cameronstheman
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good point .Shit never thought of that 

Mikey1874
29 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can't imagine there will be any witnesses. Even the other boy who got shot will somehow lose his memory

The last one in Edinburgh was Bradley Welsh. They didn't torch the car which became key evidence. They also proved the murderer was there from mobile phone evidence. Police basically solved the case in less than 2 days. 

Italian Lambretta
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The last one in Edinburgh was Bradley Welsh. They didn't torch the car which became key evidence. They also proved the murderer was there from mobile phone evidence. Police basically solved the case in less than 2 days. 

Either way the Polis will be happy at the final outcome when the gunman is caught.

One wannabe gangster dead and another in jail for life.

Its a win win.

steve123
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Either way the Polis will be happy at the final outcome when the gunman is caught.

One wannabe gangster dead and another in jail for life.

Its a win win.

True but can't imagine we will not see some kind of retaliation in coming days.

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Cameronstheman said:

Of course if the gunman is under 25, his brain will not have fully developed, therefore he will probably get a  community payback order.

Armageddon

The Police will know 100% know who was responsible as they’d have served him with that Osman Warning notice, hence why he was being all mouthy and carrying a weapon thinking he was untouchable.

Its just a case of who’s next, and those arranging will have every piece of comms tapped.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The Police will know 100% know who was responsible as they’d have served him with that Osman Warning notice, hence why he was being all mouthy and carrying a weapon thinking he was untouchable.

Its just a case of who’s next, and those arranging will have every piece of comms tapped.

Maybe but not necessarily know who pulled the trigger. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Good points and probably true. With younger kids, the brain does most of its formation - putting it crudely here - in the first few years, certainly before puberty. It's maybe thought that's the most important time to influence/ help them grow. Problem is as I said above, the pull of negative forces in the community/ families is too great for many in the teenage years.

Good podcast here btw. Interview with an English/Irish academic who grew up in utter shit in Coventry, suffered loads of abuse as you can imagine but somehow managed to gain a Phd and now fights to change the system in favour of people who still suffer like she did.

https://play.acast.com/s/blindboy/the-psychological-impact-of-poverty-with-drkatriona-o-sulliv

I’ll listen to that later . Thanks 

Day@theraces
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe but not necessarily know who pulled the trigger. 

Exactly, that Hibs mouthpiece casual was killed under the orders of some heavy guys. But the killer was a nobody happy to take any money given. No doubt some young guys wanting a foot up the ladder that are gonna be used as cannon fodder pulled the trigger. Way it has been as long as time.

Armageddon
5 hours ago, steve123 said:

Looking for a Red Hyundai Tuscan, car pulled up, guy got out fired the shots then dissapeared.

From the videos and other stuff easily found on the net not sure the police will have to look to far for their answers.

Where can I find these videos?  Searched Twitter but no joy 🥴 TIA

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

All guesswork but I was thinking the opposite considering he was telling them where he was gonna be etc in the videos.

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We thought that here with our organised crime mobs a few years ago.  But most of them were caught, even though very few were ever ratted out.  Those who are still at large find themselves having made some very serious enemies, including the likes of the FBI and the State Department.

These guys do a lot to cover their tracks, but no system is foolproof.

That said, even as they get removed from circulation their successors are already moving in, and so it carries on.

4 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Of course if the gunman is under 25, his brain will not have fully developed, therefore he will probably get a  community payback order.

Has that kind of bollox actually happened in Scotland, or is that just a bit of a rant?  It sure as **** hasn't happened here.  

il Duce McTarkin
5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Even the other boy who got shot will somehow lose his memory

Pretty much why we're still free to post on Kickback over the years,  Nucky. 

Pistol amnesia is the second best type of amnesia.

:greggy:

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Has that kind of bollox actually happened in Scotland, or is that just a bit of a rant?  It sure as **** hasn't happened here.  

It will be made relating to a recent case just outside Edinburgh where a young man got a very light sentence for rape due to his young age. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It will be made relating to a recent case just outside Edinburgh where a young man got a very light sentence for rape due to his young age. 

But has it happened in relation to "organised crime" and shootings?

Mikey1874
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

But has it happened in relation to "organised crime" and shootings?

They are general sentencing guidelines covering everything. Don't think there's been a case to test it yet. 

New Town Loafer
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

13 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Been closed a few years now.

12 hours ago, pablo said:

12 hours ago, Marvin said:

Tbh it wasn't the prettiest. The chippy next door used to be really good.

Am I going mental or are we thinking of different places? Ferry Boat just down from Drylaw police station?

If that’s the one it’s very much open.

18 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Am I going mental or are we thinking of different places? Ferry Boat just down from Drylaw police station?

No, was half way down Pennywell Road in Muirhouse

39 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Pennywell Road was where the Gunner was. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

maybe mental is a bit strong, you've just mis-read that the Gunner was the pub in question:lol:

Armageddon

I'm amazed the red car hasn't been found yet, you'd have thought burnt out down East Lothian somewhere.

I've watched too much 24 Hours in Police Custody.

Stuff being a gangster and having to look over your shoulder all the time and sleep with one eye open 

Im bad enough with having the fear after a night out and no sleeping well next again night 

Gundermann
11 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ll listen to that later . Thanks 

👍

New Town Loafer
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

maybe mental is a bit strong, you've just mis-read that the Gunner was the pub in question:lol:

Ffs mental it is :facepalm:

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25214140/marc-webley-edinburgh-shot-dead-granton/

Far from the best source, but you'll get the gist.

What an absolutely bizarre article. Starts off about the murder, slips into a history of that Jane lassie's ex's then a brief mention of the murder before ending. 

Also, a source said the killer must have knew he was there. Aye no shit, he posted it in a video like.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I'm amazed the red car hasn't been found yet, you'd have thought burnt out down East Lothian somewhere.

I've watched too much 24 Hours in Police Custody.

Mt thoughts, some poor innocent ***** has had his car stolen and will be grilled for this murder. :shotgun:

John Findlay
5 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Anchor Inn. West Granton Road, just before the United wire works when heading for Granton Square.

Gunner. Is now no more, demolished a couple of years back. Was Three quarters of the way down Pennywell Road heading towards Marine Drive.

Ferryboat. Is on the Ferry Road opposite Ferry Road Place and 75yds before you get to the entrance of Drylaw Police station when heading towards Davison Mains, which is a westerly direction.

100yds after the entrance to Drylaw Police station heading west is what used to be the Doocot pub, which has been closed for quite a good few years now.

Many would argue that in the 60s, 70s, and 80s the Doocot was the best pub in the whole Granton, West Granton, Royston, West Pilton, Muirhouse area.

Willie Muir which was behind what was Diverno's newsagents and the Caroline Bingo hall built in 1966ish, now been demolished for at least a dozen years.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, theshed said:

Stuff being a gangster and having to look over your shoulder all the time and sleep with one eye open 

Im bad enough with having the fear after a night out and no sleeping well next again night 

Yes it’s no life to lead 

Ron Burgundy

He seemed like a thoroughly despicable human being. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What an absolutely bizarre article. Starts off about the murder, slips into a history of that Jane lassie's ex's then a brief mention of the murder before ending. 

Also, a source said the killer must have knew he was there. Aye no shit, he posted it in a video like.

I thought I’d be around but Ms Park has been around the houses and back again . Seems to be a bit of a femme fatale ,so probably best to be avoided . 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic