***Official H1b5 -v- Heart of Midlothian thread***

Disser Pointon

1 hour ago, moz said:

As above...if anyone is stuck and willing to sell tickets, send on the barcodes etc.....still looking for 2 tickets..!!

[Cant promise to dig you out tomorrow though] :)

Hopefully moz gets sorted, if he does and anyone else can't make the game I'd be happy to take a couple of barcodes with money exchanged. 🤞

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Berra is their top goalscorer against us down there in recent times with his two own goals, hopefully he will stay that way and another victory for us is on the cards. 

I didn't see that coming 😁.   No own goals please 🙏 

13 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

As always a draw down there would be disappointing but not the end of the world providing we beat county, it would leave an ugly question mark over Naismith in this fixture which he will be well aware of. 7 from 9 points (Midden-County) would be a good haul towards 3rd place given who we've played. With the next 6 in the league all pretty favourable fixtures before we play Rangers again. 

These records can stick, take time to get past them.   I wouldn't hold it against him.   It's a Derby after all.   Passion, arguments, pushing, shoving whilst trying to be professional at the same time ☺ I think Naismith has handled himself well over all games and just needs some luck from the players to get the job done.   

This will be Montgomerys second Derby.    He might not be as lucky this time.   He got definitely got lucky before with unfortunate mistakes from Hearts. 

Opinionated Jambo
12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I didn't see that coming 😁.   No own goals please 🙏 

These records can stick, take time to get past them.   I wouldn't hold it against him.   It's a Derby after all.   Passion, arguments, pushing, shoving whilst trying to be professional at the same time ☺ I think Naismith has handled himself well over all games and just needs some luck from the players to get the job done.   

This will be Montgomerys second Derby.    He might not be as lucky this time.   He got definitely got lucky before with unfortunate mistakes from Hearts. 

I feel Naismith is due a win vs Hibs. 4 without, and with the team playing well in recent weeks overall surely tonight is the night he gets a win. Otherwise I’ll be back on here to read the Naismith out comments 

5 minutes ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

I feel Naismith is due a win vs Hibs. 4 without, and with the team playing well in recent weeks overall surely tonight is the night he gets a win. Otherwise I’ll be back on here to read the Naismith out comments 

Yep, we're looking far better since that 2-2 draw.   Players back from injury ,  winning games, organised at the back, an absolute brilliant result over Celtic, players getting fitter, scoring from set pieces.   A lot to be positive about.    Only negative at the moment is spreading goals around the squad.   No Kingsley for free kicks again.   I wonder who might step up for a direct shot at goal.  McKay perhaps.  

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Yep, we're looking far better since that 2-2 draw.   Players back from injury ,  winning games, organised at the back, an absolute brilliant result over Celtic, players getting fitter, scoring from set pieces.   A lot to be positive about.    Only negative at the moment is spreading goals around the squad.   No Kingsley for free kicks again.   I wonder who might step up for a direct shot at goal.  McKay perhaps.  

I think Kingsley is back in contention I read?

42 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

As always a draw down there would be disappointing but not the end of the world providing we beat county, it would leave an ugly question mark over Naismith in this fixture which he will be well aware of. 7 from 9 points (Midden-County) would be a good haul towards 3rd place given who we've played. With the next 6 in the league all pretty favourable fixtures before we play Rangers again. 

Naismith would be pissed off for sure, but realises results don’t always go your way even when you’ve been the better side. It’s some of our snowflake supporters who have been raised watching us dominate the derbies over the last 30 years or so that struggle to deal with anything but a win. ie the Robbie oot brigade.

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shankland 

9 minutes ago, sac said:

Naismith would be pissed off for sure, but realises results don’t always go your way even when you’ve been the better side. It’s some of our snowflake supporters who have been raised watching us dominate the derbies over the last 30 years or so that struggle to deal with anything but a win. ie the Robbie oot brigade.

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shankland 

Halkett for Kingsley, Mackay for Vargas. 

I think Forrest and Mackay will be crucial. They play well and supply Shanks, we will win by two goals. Subs will be important, I think Kingsley, Sibbick and Hoff will all contribute in a hard fought win. 

5-0. Nat-trick, a Shanks poach and Boyce.

Hearts fans to start singing to let them score a goal late in the match while the home stands empty.

pettigrewsstylist
56 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Looking for another ticket, what’s the chances of getting one outside the ground? 

Remember climbing that old stone wall a few times as a youngster and the sting of the glass cutting into hands. Some drop on other side aswell.

Dont suppose that helps you much 😅

18 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shankland 

I think he'll stick with Halkett assuming there's not been any reaction to playing last week.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Remember climbing that old stone wall a few times as a youngster and the sting of the glass cutting into hands. Some drop on other side aswell.

:rofl:

Team to be:

Clark

Kingsley (think Halkett needs a rest, not back to full fitness)

Kent

Rowles

Natty

Hoff (Denham to come on as a sub)

Beni

McKay

Cochrane

Shanks

Vargas

52 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

In the bad old days a boring draw was a good bet for a festive ( new year ) game. Maybe the fear of losing got to both teams. 3pt for a win was brought in to encourage attacking play. Better to win one lose one than two draws. Never really worked, fear of losing still wins out in a 12 team league. Interesting though we go into tonight's game having only drawn 2 from 18 league games. Unusual stat. But that has got us into 3rd. If I take anything from it, Says to me we will take risks to win the game and rightly so tonight as we're  on form.  There again the cynics would say we're overdue a run of draws.. tonight's bet for me Hearts win. 2-1.  

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Can't be worse than dropping into the toilets above the old shed 

28 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shankland 

Mackay will be playing instead of Vargas surely 

20 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think Forrest and Mackay will be crucial. They play well and supply Shanks, we will win by two goals. Subs will be important, I think Kingsley, Sibbick and Hoff will all contribute in a hard fought win. 

Agree with this I think he will go Forrest Mackay and shanks up top 

Graham Thomson
31 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Kent Kingsley Rowles

Forrest.   Vargas 

Shankland 

Vargas has done nothing to deserve a start... 

4 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Agree with this I think he will go Forrest Mackay and shanks up top 

Depends how McKay is. Out for ages so two games in a few days might not be an option. Hope he plays. 

16 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Team to be:

Clark

Kingsley (think Halkett needs a rest, not back to full fitness)

Kent

Rowles

Natty

Hoff (Denham to come on as a sub)

Beni

McKay

Cochrane

Shanks

Vargas

Would be surprised if Denham is out for Hoff. He brought a new forward presence and attacking threat we have been totally lacking. He also did the hard graft well. Too fast a game for the Hoff i fear. Good to bring on when we are ahead.

clark 
     Kent   Halket rowles
Atk ben den hof  Cochrane 
         McKay 
                     shanks

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Would be surprised if Denham is out for Hoff. He brought a new forward presence and attacking threat we have been totally lacking. He also did the hard graft well. Too fast a game for the Hoff i fear. Good to bring on when we are ahead.

Hof was very good v them at tynecastle. Have no worries if he plays

Just now, Morgan said:

I don't want Vargas to start tonight.

He won’t imo. I think he’s worth persevering with but we have better options tonight. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

clark 
     Kent   Halket rowles
Atk ben den hof  Cochrane 
         McKay 
                     shanks

I'd be ok with this. Extra body in middle of park from St mirren game could make a difference 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

How’s the weather,game in any danger off getting called off

Nope no rain now just a tad windy 

Diadora Van Basten
45 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Not sure I would trust Mackay and Halkett to play two games a week when they are just coming back from injury. I suspect Naismith is rotating the squad for the games over Christmas.

Clark

Natty Kent Kingsley Rowles 

Sibbick 

Beni            Denholm

Mckay               Oda 

Shankland 

17 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Football Scotland say the game is not in danger of being called off 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Clark

Natty Kent Kingsley Rowles 

Sibbick 

Beni            Denholm

Mckay               Oda 

Shankland 

I have wondered if Sibbick could play the Busquets role as he appears to have all the qualities to do it and it protects his weaknesses.

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have wondered if Sibbick could play the Busquets role as he appears to have all the qualities to do it and it protects his weaknesses.

Keep it simple Kent behind him talking him through game,keeping him switched on 😉, good player prone to a brain fart switching off.

Keep on top of him plenty encouragement like this,and you get the very best out of him.

They are getting it tonight regardless I can feel it.

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Nope no rain now just a tad windy 

The rain will run down off the easter road slope.   going for 1-0 Hearts.

58 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

It took me over four hours to drive down from Aberdeen; just about getting blown off the road near Stonehaven and nearly flooding my car several times to get through Angus

It almost feels like summer now that I'm in Edinburgh.

The game better go ahead!

3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

It took me over four hours to drive down from Aberdeen; just about getting blown off the road near Stonehaven and nearly flooding my car several times to get through Angus

It almost feels like summer now that I'm in Edinburgh.

The game better go ahead!

It’s only intermittent light rain . I can’t see it getting worse 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

The draw was all down to SN making stupid subs. Hopefully he has learned from that mistake and doesn't make them again. Never really feel confidant in a derby but we should be well up for this and play like we did against Celtic and we will walk this. 0-3