• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

57 minutes ago, RENE said:

With Hibs playing two wide men (youan and Fallover) wouldn't be surprised if Forrest starts instead of Oda.

I don't particularly rate Alan Forrest, but he's a hard worker, and doesn't hide - which is something you've got to appreciate and respect. Also a huge asset in derbies when work ethic is 9/10s of the game. Oda could make an impact late on. Fancy him against Stevenson or Hanlon. 

Not feeling awful about the game. Our defence is looking good, attack a bit lacklustre, but hoping they'll all collectviely step up and put in a performance. 

No silly red cards. 

Kjell Olofsson

Merry Christmas fellow Jambos! Looking forward to visiting the gift that keeps on giving on Wednesday!

Hanlon and Stevenson still in their squad! Just let that sink in!  Absolutely comedy gold!

Can't wait to have McKay, Oda, Denholm, Vargas, Forrest, Shankland etc running at them!

25 minutes ago, Kjell Olofsson said:

Merry Christmas fellow Jambos! Looking forward to visiting the gift that keeps on giving on Wednesday!

Hanlon and Stevenson still in their squad! Just let that sink in!  Absolutely comedy gold!

Can't wait to have McKay, Oda, Denholm, Vargas, Forrest, Shankland etc running at them!

:rudiyas:

Kjell Olofsson

In Luxembourg on family Crimbo duty! Luxembourg Hearts will be in full voice! Looking forward to seeing South Stand making all the noise! Do us proud Jambos! Expecting limbs! Seriously limbs! HHGH!

King Of The Cat Cafe

All I want for Christmas is three points in Leith
Three points in Leith
See three points in Leith
Gee, if I could only have three points in Leith
Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas"

On 24/12/2023 at 10:33, DG_HMFC said:

I'm not worried about Hibs as a football team. What worries me is their manky tactics.

They are dirty *******s and their attackers love to con referees.

I can see them kicking lumps out of us and getting away with it like they normally do. Hearts players, on the other hand, will be punished consistently and no doubt see a red card.

That’s a fair point, they have been getting away with murder the last few games, go back to the 1-1 last game of the season. A horrendous aerial challenge on Haring saw him concussed and not even a booking. It should have been a straight red plus they have divers all over the pitch lead by diver in chief, Boyle. He is a disgusting individual for me, lowest of the low.

They will defo hoofball it up to Boyle and Youhan.

Depends how we defend the long ball. 

We seem.to have tightened up on the mistakes at the back and I cant see us not scoring any less than 2 goals against their defence. 

All points to a Hearts win with a 2-2 draw the outlier. 

Just now, Sooks said:

We are far better than them man for man . I actually mean far better too . I will actually be quite pissed off if we do not beat them 

Agree with every word

1 minute ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Agree with every word

Right ? **** this false modesty shit . We are a better team with better players . Get them ****ing pumped 

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Right ? **** this false modesty shit . We are a better team with better players . Get them ****ing pumped 

Correct. Derbies can be unpredictable like shite can be stubborn on the sole of your shoe, but we shouldn't be shy about this one

Just now, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Correct. Derbies can be unpredictable like shite can be stubborn on the sole of your shoe, but we shouldn't be shy about this one

Too right . Even though it is at their shite stadium , we should be favourites and going there expecting the win . They are total garbage and need to be reminded of that 

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Love the back 3 of Halkett, Rowles and Kent.  Amazing because I wanted Robbie sacked for his shite back 3 capers.

Classic case of right idea, wrong personnel. 

2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

All I want for Christmas is three points in Leith
Three points in Leith
See three points in Leith
Gee, if I could only have three points in Leith
Then I could wish you, "Merry Christmas"

🎶🎵🎶

🎶🎵🎶

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too right . Even though it is at their shite stadium , we should be favourites and going there expecting the win . They are total garbage and need to be reminded of that 

In ER league games we're P152 W57 D48 L47 - a Hibs win is the least likely result.

33 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

In ER league games we're P152 W57 D48 L47 - a Hibs win is the least likely result.

Fair point Smiffy . I am getting a bit confident about this game . I just do not see how we could lose . We are pretty decent and they are hopeless pish 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Have to watch Newell. An absolute thug but he can bully us in the middle physically. 

Devlin would have been ideal. 

Agree and disagree, mate.  You’re right, he’s a plastic thug.  Becomes a dirty bassa when he’s being outplayed.   There’s a difference between that and a proper competitor who’s clever and good at being physical without getting booked and losing the plot.

Can’t stand the guy. Thinks he’s a “player” as well.  Agree about Devlin. The wee man would be hounding him all game.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree and disagree, mate.  You’re right, he’s a plastic thug.  Becomes a dirty bassa when he’s being outplayed.   There’s a difference between that and a proper competitor who’s clever and good at being physical without getting booked and losing the plot.

Can’t stand the guy. Thinks he’s a “player” as well.  Agree about Devlin. The wee man would be hounding him all game.  

That cowardly clattering he gave McKay in the cup semi sums the wee prick up to a tee

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I missed it , what was it ( without breaking forum rules ) , surely that sort of thing is part of the build up 

Aye right 😂

Mr JKB 24/7 😁

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Fair point Smiffy . I am getting a bit confident about this game . I just do not see how we could lose . We are pretty decent and they are hopeless pish 

I'm quite happy with a giant scrap and an Edinburgh derby breaking out, we owe them one of those too!

• cosanostra featured and unfeatured this topic
pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Have to watch Newell. An absolute thug but he can bully us in the middle physically. 

Devlin would have been ideal. 

Yes, im thinking it may be too much to ask of Denholm tomm. Not a shrinking violet but keeping the head might be key, in face of extreme provocation.

I think we were all caught by surprise with the 3 at the back on Saturday but I have to say it's the most solid our defence has looked in a long time.  Can't see us changing that for Easter Road.  In fact I wouldn't change the starting 11 at all.  

17 hours ago, Kjell Olofsson said:

In Luxembourg on family Crimbo duty! Luxembourg Hearts will be in full voice! Looking forward to seeing South Stand making all the noise! Do us proud Jambos! Expecting limbs! Seriously limbs! HHGH!

Enjoy Luxembourg. Nice place.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

They're shite but are always up for a Derby.

We're looking a bit better than we have previously but we're still fragile.

Hard to call this one.

I trust our defence. I do not trust our attack. 

Outside of Shankland we are offering precious little going forward. Forrest, Oda, Vargas, Tagawa, Grant, Lowry - none of them look like scoring. 

Thing is, Hibs is the opposite way round. They have a good attack and a shit defence. 

If we can do well defensively and string something together in the final 3rd, I think we can get a result. I would like to see a bit more than just give Shanks the ball though. 

Travelling to Australia tomorrow, if I can I will be watching this on a stream in Doha airport waiting for the flight to Perth. A win would be a great start to the holiday.

18 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Just attack attack attack from the off, we are by far the better team ..Good chance to put them to bed for a while  

Yeah, that’s not really us though. 

18 minutes ago, OTT said:

I trust our defence. I do not trust our attack. 

Outside of Shankland we are offering precious little going forward. Forrest, Oda, Vargas, Tagawa, Grant, Lowry - none of them look like scoring. 

Thing is, Hibs is the opposite way round. They have a good attack and a shit defence. 

If we can do well defensively and string something together in the final 3rd, I think we can get a result. I would like to see a bit more than just give Shanks the ball though. 

Where I’m at. Teams are polar opposites in their strengths. 

Don’t see us losing many goals but i could see it becoming a flat back 5 and us being hemmed in too much. 

Delighted with our defensive strengths now but we continue to look poor going forward.  

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Where I’m at. Teams are polar opposites in their strengths. 

Don’t see us losing many goals but i could see it becoming a flat back 5 and us being hemmed in too much. 

Delighted with our defensive strengths now but we continue to look poor going forward.  

Its frustrating because in Atkinson and Cochrane we have two genuine wingbacks - they aren't Mikey Smith types that defend well and thats it, they should both be doing better in giving us more width to help support our actual wingers. Hopefully this is something we improve on because there is absolutely scope for both to do better - appreciate both did well defensively v Celtic but don't see enough quality moves down our wings with them combining well with the winger Atkinson especially IMO. 

I think Forrest has earned a start. I’d bring him in for Oda. Probably the only change I’d make.

Clark

Kent Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay

I think it’ll all click in to place tomorrow. 3 or 4 nil for Hearts.

Personally I do not think there is a single area of the pitch where they are better than us . Boyle is having a poor season according to many Hibs fans . Youan is off the boil at the moment as well . That wee Portuguese guy that looks like he was in Mili Vanilli has found a bit of form but I fancy Nate and. Cochrane to deal with him quite comfortably . McKay will be a bit sharper and Oda too . Denholm adds something to our centre that was a bit scarce previously in an attacking sense . Beni is miles ahead of any of their midfielders . We have the best striker in the league who is bang on form , two Scotland international goalies to choose from and a back three that looks very promising indeed 

Marshal - picked up a bit recently 

Rocky - shite

Hanlon - shite

Fish - shite

Stevenson - shite

Campbell - shite

Miller - shite

Leggo - shite

Stevenson - shite

Newell - dangerous sometimes but an utter thug

Levitt - not great

Vente - decent enough but off form

We should have nothing to fear from them . Play our own game and do not get dragged in to their horrible clogging hoofball and we will win 

Edited by Sooks

15 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I always love seeing this. In a two horse race. Hibs come third 😂

Cameronstheman
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Personally I do not think there is a single area of the pitch where they are better than us . Boyle is having a poor season according to many Hibs fans . Youan is off the boil at the moment as well . That wee Portuguese guy that looks like he was in Mili Vanilli has found a bit of form but I fancy Nate and. Cochrane to deal with him quite comfortably . McKay will be a bit sharper and Oda too . Denholm adds something to our centre that was a bit scarce previously in an attacking sense . Beni is miles ahead of any of their midfielders . We have the best striker in the league who is bang on form , two Scotland international goalies to choose from and a back three that looks very promising indeed 

Marshal - picked up a bit recently 

Rocky - shite

Hanlon - shite

Fish - shite

Stevenson - shite

Campbell - shite

Miller - shite

Leggo - shite

Stevenson - shite

Newell - dangerous sometimes but an utter thug

Levitt - not great

Vente - decent enough but off form

We should have nothing to fear from them . Play our own game and do not get dragged in to their horrible clogging hoofball and we will win 

Is that Youan player injured/suspended , he's half decent. Hope so

52 minutes ago, Cade said:

They're shite but are always up for a Derby.

We're looking a bit better than we have previously but we're still fragile.

Hard to call this one.

Hibs are always up for a derby? I'd say the opposite. 

3 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Is that Youan player injured/suspended , he's half decent. Hope so

He has been right off form recently after a bit of a purple patch . The Portuguese lad has been preferred 

4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Hibs are always up for a derby? I'd say the opposite. 

I would say they collectively shit their pants from owners down to ball boys as soon as one looms on the calendar 

We have only conceded in one of our last six games.

Our back three finally looks like they could successfully defend the box from an artillery battery. Frankie Kent would put his head on a wrecking ball.

Shanks is on fire. so dead-eyed he makes the kgb look cuddly. 

Beni is coming back to form. 90% passing accuracy, 100% long pass accuracy, six ball recoveries, last game. strolling it.

McKay’s cut inside for the second v Midden was vintage; carved inside like a he was meddling in the super g and then spanked a wee backhand with the outside of his boot that Federer would have made knitwear to commemorate. 

Cochrane looks back to his best, charging up and down the wing like a wee scamp who lied about his age to enlist and is just buzzing to be wherever the action is. 

We finally have some semblance of balance on the right, with Nat and Oda grafting away like a pair of whippets and giving the opposition no peace. 

And then we finally have a few wee Jambos waiting in the wings for their first real shot at the enemy, sitting up at Riccarton consuming nothing but raw meat and red bull whilst blasting Beethoven over the top of and endless Souttar/Cochrane derby tackle loop.  

Somebody has been due a doing for a good long while. 

The hobbits are like someone got the cast of the Hills Have Eyes, rolled them around on a cheap barbers floor and then fed them Meth and copies of Sportsmanship according to Diego Simieone. They are distinctly limited, despite their internal hype, and I think tomorrow is going to be even more chastening for them then that time they accidentally saw their own reflection. 

Edited by CMc