***Official H1b5 -v- Heart of Midlothian thread***

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Bring them on, Lawrence is feeling hungry. Back line looks so balanced now with Halks back and plenty options from the bench, zero fear. Let's put right throwing that two goal lead in the first game, still raging about that now.

Edited by Disser Pointon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

Can’t see us moving away from a back 3. Also can’t see many changes from St Mirren, however I’d bring in Forrest for Oda. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
4 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Bring them on, Lawrence is feeling hungry. Back line looks so balanced now with Halks back and plenty options from the bench, zero fear. Let's put right throwing that two goal lead in the first game, still raging about that now.

I agree. Bring them on. Still raging about the 2-2 game also.

9 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Halkett looked a bit knackered by the end of play yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sat this one out then played the County game. 

Disser Pointon
21 minutes ago, Jamb04life said:

Can’t see us moving away from a back 3. Also can’t see many changes from St Mirren, however I’d bring in Forrest for Oda. 

Exactly what I would do as well, thought Forrest was a bit unlucky to be dropped from the last week.

I will take a 95th minute deflection off any Hearts players arse, as long as it's the winning goal.

Edited by John Findlay

We_are_the_Hearts
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Halkett looked a bit knackered by the end of play yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sat this one out then played the County game. 

This is exactly what will happen

Sub4TiddlerMurray
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Need the team set up exactly the same as Parkhead, that's the template for away games against,  Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs.

100%

The week in Hearts ……….

Beat Celtic 0 - 2 at Celtic Park

Yet another clean sheet

Go third on goal difference

Top goal scorer hits three in two

Beat St Mirren at home

Go clear in third on points

Another clean sheet

The week in Hibs ……….

Beaten by Craig Leveins St Johnstone

Utras threatening other Hibs fans

Back down to mid table

Game in Dingwall called off and moved to a Wednesday

The most boring man ever born agrees to wear a mic for the derby

Wee ******s release a group statement of cringetastic proportions

Natural Order really

1 hour ago, Jamb04life said:

I’d bring in Vargas for Oda, and bring Forrest off the bench 2nd half. He performs consistently well off the bench, but very hit or miss when starting for some reason.

I’d give Oda another go. He wasn’t brilliant yesterday but has caused Hibs problems before. Oda and Atkinson were a real handful down that side at the end of last season and I’d like to give that a chance. 

They're getting pumped and they know it. The players owe us a lot after the last one. Shanks to score early and we won't stop. We won't concede to that shit either. Cochrane on the best form of his Hearts career, Boyle and Youann will spent the night being swapped from wing to wing in a desperate effort to get out of his pocket. They'll resort to long balls which Halkett and Kent will eat up all night long. 

Any sad Hibs ***** that presents as a Jambo on here, please try and tell me I'm wrong 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by EH11 2NL

I'm not worried about Hibs as a football team. What worries me is their manky tactics.

They are dirty *******s and their attackers love to con referees.

I can see them kicking lumps out of us and getting away with it like they normally do. Hearts players, on the other hand, will be punished consistently and no doubt see a red card.

Think the team picks itself with the only question being who plays up top/off Shankland? As most have said, I’d go Forrest on current form. Only suggestion I’d make is play McKay off Shankland, giving him a free role so he doesn’t have as much defensive responsibility? This opens up another midfield spot where we could play Lowry to give us more creativity as we are still badly lacking in this area.

We have looked very solid so I’d probably still go for same shape, system and personnel, but with Forrest replacing Oda, keep the momentum going. Bring them on 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Jamb04life said:

I see this happening. Hibs will be much more open, looking for home win. They aint going to set up to low block first 45 mins.

34 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’d bring in Vargas for Oda, and bring Forrest off the bench 2nd half. He performs consistently well off the bench, but very hit or miss when starting for some reason.

Vargas has done nothing to show he’s worthy of a start. Forrest will likely play.

pettigrewsstylist
32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d give Oda another go. He wasn’t brilliant yesterday but has caused Hibs problems before. Oda and Atkinson were a real handful down that side at the end of last season and I’d like to give that a chance. 

I like Oda but yesterdays performance did nothing but show that Forrest in better form than him.

Newel to kick anything that moves on purpose

Bushiri to kick anything that moves by accident because he has zero footballing ability 

Boyle to fall over a lot

Miller to fall over a lot

Think that about covers Hibs tactics 

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm not worried about Hibs as a football team. What worries me is their manky tactics.

I can see them kicking lumps out of us and getting away with it like they normally do. Hearts players, on the other hand, will be punished consistently and no doubt see a red card.

Hope wee Denholm is well briefed about keeping the head. I can see him getting the treatment, hoping for a reaction. Wouldnt be surprised to see Lowry get nod, for this reason.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Newel to kick anything that moves on purpose

Bushiri to kick anything that moves by accident because he has zero footballing ability 

Boyle to fall over a lot

Miller to fall over a lot

Think that about covers Hibs tactics 

Boyles pace, hoofball inbound.  

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Boyles pace, hoofball inbound.  

Yip . Launch it up the park for either Boyle , Youan or Tavares to chase like the roadrunner . Flairmeisters inc 

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I like Oda but yesterdays performance did nothing but show that Forrest in better form than him.

I do agree. I also think the potential upside for Oda is greater than Forrest. I’d like to see Oda get a run of a few games, he’s a confidence player and although a bit raw, I think he’s worth persevering with. 

Oda is just lacking a bit of form . Young wide player getting back up to speed after an injury lay off . Often takes a while for their mojo to return . It will come , seen enough already to know how good he can be 

Think the big decision for Naisy is does he go 352 like parkhead or 343 like yesterday. I’m not sure where McKay fits in if he goes 352 which would blunt us a bit going forward 

pettigrewsstylist
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do agree. I also think the potential upside for Oda is greater than Forrest. I’d like to see Oda get a run of a few games, he’s a confidence player and although a bit raw, I think he’s worth persevering with. 

Oda has far more talent than Forrest, but he is leaving it somewhere other than pitch. 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Oda has far more talent than Forrest, but he is leaving it somewhere other than pitch. 

That’s exactly why I think he’s worth giving game time to. I get Forrest has shown better than him recently but Oda hasn’t had a run in the side. Give him games and see what happens. It’s not as if playing Forrest over him is a massive improvement accounting for current form. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s exactly why I think he’s worth giving game time to. I get Forrest has shown better than him recently but Oda hasn’t had a run in the side. Give him games and see what happens. It’s not as if playing Forrest over him is a massive improvement accounting for current form. 

Watching Forrest trying to control a ball is hilarious and infuriating in equal measure.

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane 

Yoda          McKay 

Shanks

1-0 Hearts

2 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

I think that will happpen 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

They have one tactic 

Hoof over midfield for pacy forwards

Nullify that and keep discipline and we win

This is about correct they have no midfield that’s the tactic 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Yoda          McKay 

Shanks

1-0 Hearts

I think that will be very close to the side. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Yoda          McKay 

Shanks

1-0 Hearts

I would go with this but I do think Forrest will play 

26 minutes ago, Jam bog said:

Think the big decision for Naisy is does he go 352 like parkhead or 343 like yesterday. I’m not sure where McKay fits in if he goes 352 which would blunt us a bit going forward 

He’s been talking about playing McKay in a more central forward role, like a floating 10. He could play as the furthest forward in a 5, with Vargas or Forrest or Oda as the second in the 2 up front.

I think Vargas/Forrest/Oda is the only selection he has to ponder over as we've got to a stage where the defence and the holding midfield picks itself IMO (assuming Halkett can manage another game this week)

Clark

Kent

Halkett

Rowles

Atkinson

Beni

Mckay

Denholm

Cochrane

Vargas/Forrest/Oda

Shankland

We are very strong favourites for this and I expect a comfortable win (there I’ve said it)

Edited by JimmyCant

Only 1 win in 4 years for that lot in the derby.

For all the criticism Naismith has had, he appears to be able to set us up to be competitive away from home which is something Hearts managers have struggled with for years.

Kent, Halkett and Rowles feels a lot more solid and Shankland can’t stop scoring. 2-0 Hearts

Looking forward to this one. It will be tight but if we turn up as i expect we will then 1-3 Hearts. Shankland double and young Aidan to get his 1st senior goal.

FTH

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Worried!?? Aww cmon mate they've only been in our pocket for the majority of the last 150 years 

Edit : need to learn to read haha didn't realise there was a not in front of the worried lol 😆 😅 

🙂

Edited by gregzy2k7

2 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

This

Looking forward to this. 

I'd drop a forward and go three midfield.   I never get it right so it will end anything but that. 

Shankland and a random, I'll go Cochrane.   Score 0-4! 😁 

• cosanostra featured and unfeatured this topic