***Official H1b5 -v- Heart of Midlothian thread***

Disser Pointon

Pasquale for King

Hard to say how they will line up, most likely to have their speedy players up against our CHs.
Hopefully we will start with the same 11 as Saturday, depending on how Halkett and McKay recover. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hard to say how they will line up, most likely to have their speedy players up against our CHs.
Hopefully we will start with the same 11 as Saturday, depending on how Halkett and McKay recover. 

Their front 3 are dangerous let’s be honest, with their pace and tendencies to fling themselves on the floor every chance they get. Our job is to pressure their back line and get young Denholm running beyond the midfield. I’d be happy if we start by keeping the ball for a time frustrate the mutants in the home stands and force the likes of that big bombscare at the back to aimlessly launch the ball so we can keep at them.

The most likely outcome is a 100 mph start loads of niggely fouls with some football braking out around the 30 minute mark.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Their front 3 are dangerous let’s be honest, with their pace and tendencies to fling themselves on the floor every chance they get. Our job is to pressure their back line and get young Denholm running beyond the midfield. I’d be happy if we start by keeping the ball for a time frustrate the mutants in the home stands and force the likes of that big bombscare at the back to aimlessly launch the ball so we can keep at them.

The most likely outcome is a 100 mph start loads of niggely fouls with some football braking out around the 30 minute mark.

So a typical Derby then!

Cameronstheman

Hibs will play that  special kind of Brazilian Hoof ball, only they can  and con the Ref as much as possible, as they do 

Though we have enough to hurt them and I look forward to that 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Spot on, hopefully we have been working on long balls between our defence and GK as Clark left another one on Saturday that should’ve been his..

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, CMc said:

We have only conceded in one of our last six games.

Our back three finally looks like they could successfully defend the box from an artillery battery. Frankie Kent would put his head on a wrecking ball.

Shanks is on fire. so dead-eyed he makes the kgb look cuddly. 

Beni is coming back to form. 90% passing accuracy, 100% long pass accuracy, six ball recoveries, last game. strolling it.

McKay’s cut inside for the second v Midden was vintage; carved inside like a he was meddling in the super g and then spanked a wee backhand with the outside of his boot that Federer would have made knitwear to commemorate. 

Cochrane looks back to his best, charging up and down the wing like a wee scamp who lied about his age to enlist and is just buzzing to be wherever the action is. 

We finally have some semblance of balance on the right, with Nat and Oda grafting away like a pair of whippets and giving the opposition no peace. 

And then we finally have a few wee Jambos waiting in the wings for their first real shot at the enemy, sitting up at Riccarton consuming nothing but raw meat and red bull whilst blasting Beethoven over the top of and endless Souttar/Cochrane derby tackle loop.  

Somebody has been due a doing for a good long while. 

The hobbits are like someone got the cast of the Hills Have Eyes, rolled them around on a cheap barbers floor and then fed them Meth and copies of Sportsmanship according to Diego Simieone. They are distinctly limited, despite their internal hype, and I think tomorrow is going to be even more chastening for them then that time they accidentally saw their own reflection. 

eGTxGxk.gif

3 hours ago, CMc said:

Our back three finally looks like they could successfully defend the box from an artillery battery. Frankie Kent would put his head on a wrecking ball.

Beni is coming back to form. 90% passing accuracy, 100% long pass accuracy, six ball recoveries, last game. strolling it.

McKay’s cut inside for the second v Midden was vintage; carved inside like a he was meddling in the super g and then spanked a wee backhand with the outside of his boot that Federer would have made knitwear to commemorate. 

Cochrane looks back to his best, charging up and down the wing like a wee scamp who lied about his age to enlist and is just buzzing to be wherever the action is. 

We finally have some semblance of balance on the right, with Nat and Oda grafting away like a pair of whippets and giving the opposition no peace. 

And then we finally have a few wee Jambos waiting in the wings for their first real shot at the enemy, sitting up at Riccarton consuming nothing but raw meat and red bull whilst blasting Beethoven over the top of and endless Souttar/Cochrane derby tackle loop.  

The hobbits are like someone got the cast of the Hills Have Eyes, rolled them around on a cheap barbers floor and then fed them Meth and copies of Sportsmanship according to Diego Simieone. They are distinctly limited, despite their internal hype, and I think tomorrow is going to be even more chastening for them then that time they accidentally saw their own reflection. 

That, is a brilliant post.  :clap:

4 hours ago, CMc said:

A fine piece of prose. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, hopefully we have been working on long balls between our defence and GK as Clark left another one on Saturday that should’ve been his..

Pace down the channels behind Cochrane and Natty, to pull CBs out of centre to cover, will be a threat.

Given our record there, Easter road is like a home ground to us so we will start on the front foot and dominate.

We’ll be 5-0 up with minutes left on the clock and the diving wig manages to squeeze out a dodgy penalty for them.  The choice he has is to score and make it 5-1 with jubilation in

the Hearts end as he tucks it away or miss to avoid that uncomfortable scenario.

Either way, win win 🇱🇻

They really are shite. It’s a bit embarrassing we’re only the 5 points above them but no matter. It’ll be 8 by tomorrow night and double figures by the break. 

A professional 2-0 will do tomorrow. Basically a carbon copy of the last game but they won’t have Sibbick handing out gifts this time. 

hereford_hearts

We're going to bend them over and give it to them raw. 

Our back 5 nullified a far better celtic front line easily, and as previously pointed out on this thread, their defence is Tom! I can see multiple scorers tomorrow. A pessimistic 0-8.

1-3 tomorrow. Always approach these games very confident due to our record against them, then the few hours leading up to it start properly shitting myself, then the game starts and I can't work out why I was ever worried.

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, hereford_hearts said:

We're going to bend them over and give it to them raw. 

Our back 5 nullified a far better celtic front line easily, and as previously pointed out on this thread, their defence is Tom! I can see multiple scorers tomorrow. A pessimistic 0-8.

now that I would love 

stirlingshirejambo

18 minutes ago, ceefax said:

Is the 1874 bar showing the game tomorrow? 

Yes and open from 3pm

Edited by stirlingshirejambo

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Pace down the channels behind Cochrane and Natty, to pull CBs out of centre to cover, will be a threat.

Absolutely, especially if they’re inverted. 

They’ll hoof it down the wings.

Huge game for the back 3.

Midfield need to be on fire and not react to Newell’s antics.

Newell is going to hit someone hard so early.

Shankland will do Shankland things 👌🏼

Hopefully 0-3 

Hope Oda keeps his place. The guy needs games to find form.

He had a mixed game v St Mirren but in a derby his willingness to close down will be a vital cog amongst many.  He’s also got that explosiveness when the space opens and in a frantic derby there can be many of those moments.

Want to see him up against their full back/wide CH.  I think he could unsettle them with both his closing down and ability to run at players.  

Game day 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 

full English at lunch, then head for the train, then pub before the walk to their pigsty.

weather looks awful so wrap up. Just do them Hearts , and hope the ref is strong with Newellls thuggery and the wigs diving. They are cheating bassas and will do anything they can to win. Marshall’s due a brain fart and if we press them into making a mistake at the back that would be just dandy. Huge chance to make a statement for 3rd and a real 6 pointer .

FTH

18 hours ago, CMc said:

The hobbits are like someone got the cast of the Hills Have Eyes, rolled them around on a cheap barbers floor and then fed them Meth and copies of Sportsmanship according to Diego Simieone. They are distinctly limited, despite their internal hype, and I think tomorrow is going to be even more chastening for them then that time they accidentally saw their own 

the-world-needs-to-hear-this-the-encore.gif.ba4602577796fd36ad6cc59b11808478.gif

58 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He had a mixed game v St Mirren but in a derby his willingness to close down will be a vital cog amongst many.  He’s also got that explosiveness when the space opens and in a frantic derby there can be many of those moments.

Want to see him up against their full back/wide CH.  I think he could unsettle them with both his closing down and ability to run at players.  

Also isn't scared to pull the trigger. I'd also start him. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree.  I think Oda still has another 20% to give, I always think he's holding a bit back.  Maybe it's a confidence thing but he has the ability to damage the opposition.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ecky92 said:

What’s their pitch like? It’s meant to pish down from now till kick off 

It's green, it's grass and will be wet. 

46 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Be thoroughly pissed off and dejected if the weather jeopardises this. On a high and no better time to get them.

I think it's to ease off later on. Look at the rain that battered Tynecastle in the last Derby and the pitch stood up well. Don't know what the drainage is like down the dark side tho. 

Its green with white lines.

They invested heavily on their pitch in the summer and it shows to be fair. Chuck in one of their Groundsman used to work for us I'm sure there won't be any issues. 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

I agree.  I think Oda still has another 20% to give, I always think he's holding a bit back.  Maybe it's a confidence thing but he has the ability to damage the opposition.

I think his confidence is growing and his focus is still a bit rusty.

I noticed Naisy gesture with him in the first half when the play was at the other end and just a minute later he did his best manoeuvre of the game by beating the full back and getting a good ball over. 

Let the guy (like Beni) find his rhythm. 

The office is pretty quiet today but still 2 Hibbys hanging around. One supremely confident and the other (more sensible one who actually goes to games) thinks they’re in for a doing. Seems to be the general consensus on .net too. Quite a lot of them saying they would take a draw right now. In a derby. At home. 

Pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The office is pretty quiet today but still 2 Hibbys hanging around. One supremely confident and the other (more sensible one who actually goes to games) thinks they’re in for a doing. Seems to be the general consensus on .net too. Quite a lot of them saying they would take a draw right now. In a derby. At home. 

Pathetic. 

yeah the open top bus will be out for there latest derby draw