***Official H1b5 -v- Heart of Midlothian thread***

Disser Pointon

The Treasurer

With four games in eleven days I think the squad will be rotated a bit. 

Having said that, Naismith will know that the derby is a massive game and will put out the strongest available team 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• King prawn

• neilnunb

Think there will definitely be 2 changes - Kingsley for Halkett and Forrest for Oda.

The only other one may be McKay dropping out due to lack of games and think Lowry or Hoff will come in for him. 

38 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Worried!?? Aww cmon mate they've only been in our pocket for the majority of the last 150 years 

Edit : need to learn to read haha didn't realise there was a not in front of the worried lol 😆 😅 

🙂

:lol:

The day I worry about Hibs is the day I start going shopping with the Mrs on matchday.

Thankfully, that'll be never :)

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Vargas has done nothing to show he’s worthy of a start. Forrest will likely play.

The one thing he could do is put pressure on them when the try and play the ball out from Marshall.

They gave a goal away at Perth with this and if we high press them with pace such as Vargas then it might force more errors from Marshall.

42 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Think there will definitely be 2 changes - Kingsley for Halkett and Forrest for Oda.

The only other one may be McKay dropping out due to lack of games and think Lowry or Hoff will come in for him. 

All depends on how fit Halkett is after playing 90 mins. Couple days rest and he might be raring to go as let’s be honest, he didn’t have much to do yesterday. Could really do with him and Kent dealing with crosses/high balls

I'm planning to buy a Sky day pass, something I've never done before. I know they have it but from their website it's difficult to know exactly which of their many sports channels is showing it, eg Stream all 11 Sky Sports channels on NOW     it isn't shown,  I obviously don't want to buy the wrong one. Any help in navigating the Sky webpage would be welcome.

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm planning to buy a Sky day pass, something I've never done before. I know they have it but from their website it's difficult to know exactly which of their many sports channels is showing it, eg Stream all 11 Sky Sports channels on NOW     it isn't shown,  I obviously don't want to buy the wrong one. Any help in navigating the Sky webpage would be welcome.

Sky Sports Football and Sky Main.   The day pass says all 11 channels as far as I can see.   £12.   I've no idea how to help navigate you though. https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

Opinionated Jambo

Hibs just seem very lightweight for me, very flat a lot of players that are quite similar and very predictable. Based on our momentum at this moment I feel there’s a lot of confidence going into this game but it’s a derby so anything can happen. I’m going to go with 1-2 Hearts 

6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was Newall not meant to be suspended for yesterday’s game as it was postponed does he now miss the derby 

He was back yesterday 

Edited by theshed

25 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Was Newall not meant to be suspended for yesterday’s game as it was postponed does he now miss the derby 

He was suspended for the St Johnstone game.

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Absolute thug

Hibs system is basically a dream to play against if you are disciplined defensively and press and harry the defensive build up.

Big strength yesterday was pressing and taking the ball off St Mirren players.

If I was Montgomery, I'd be changing their system for this but that's unlikely. Big chance for a derby doing. 

And we can then enjoy the Montgomery tapes. 

They have gone full bluenose for the referee team

Beaton ref,- Dickenson 4th Official -Son of Dallas VAR

A triumvirate of uselessness 🙁

8 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Weather for the 27th is dire, lots of rain and possibly snow forecast, really hope the games not affected 

The last derby was like water world. Hopefully not again. 

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Halkett looked a bit knackered by the end of play yesterday. Wouldn’t be surprised if he sat this one out then played the County game. 

It was when he ever so slowly bent down to pick up the ball at the final whistle he looked about 100 !  😄

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

“Hibernian are you listening, to the song that we’re singing, we’re 5 points in front, ya spoon burning chunts, walking in a Gorgie wonderland”

😁😁😁

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

“Hibernian are you listening, to the song that we’re singing, we’re 5 points in front, ya spoon burning chunts, walking in a Gorgie wonderland”

:biggrin2:

:clap:

gordon simpson
7 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

Can’t see us moving away from a back 3. Also can’t see many changes from St Mirren, however I’d bring in Forrest for Oda. 

please don't keep the same starting 11 and bring Forrest on as you did yesterday as an impact player  

30 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

It was when he ever so slowly bent down to pick up the ball at the final whistle he looked about 100 !  😄

Never noticed that but I can certainly relate to it 😂

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, briever said:

Watching Forrest trying to control a ball is hilarious and infuriating in equal measure.

It is, hes got a bit to before he eclipses Tagawa tho.

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Having said that, Naismith will know that the derby is a massive game and will put out the strongest available team 

Not beaten them yet. He will be keen to banish that monkey.

Go for it 1308
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

default_smugqq (1).png

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Never noticed that but I can certainly relate to it 😂

It was on last nights highlights on Sportscene ( BBC iplayer at 32.20)

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hibs system is basically a dream to play against if you are disciplined defensively and press and harry the defensive build up.

Big strength yesterday was pressing and taking the ball off St Mirren players.

If I was Montgomery, I'd be changing their system for this but that's unlikely. Big chance for a derby doing. 

And we can then enjoy the Montgomery tapes. 

:gok:

We played a 4,2,3,1 last Hibs game at home and really should have been out of sight. The collapse was hard to take. 

I think he will stick with a 3 at the back this time. Will be quite a lot of changes from that game. Cochrane, Denholm, Mackay, Atkinson, Beni, Halkett all available.

Lowry had a great game, will he be back on Wednesday?

Lots of options for Naismith, just hope it's positive from the start just like Saturday. Right from the kick off we looked to be at them. Would love to really turn them over on their own patch!! 

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Losing a derby is the quickest way to annhilate the faith and trust he's starting to win back following a not great start to the season. 

Absolutely expecting a full strength team. Hibs aren't too far behind us, so very much a must win to keep moving forward. 

I'd like to see a similar set up to what we've been doing the last few games. A midfield 3 would probably be welcomed. Is Devlin back yet? 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Losing a derby is the quickest way to annhilate the faith and trust he's starting to win back following a not great start to the season. 

Absolutely expecting a full strength team. Hibs aren't too far behind us, so very much a must win to keep moving forward. 

I'd like to see a similar set up to what we've been doing the last few games. A midfield 3 would probably be welcomed. Is Devlin back yet? 

After winter break for Cammy Devlin

Edited by Mikey1874

Their tactics will be to smash the life out of young Denholm, as usual the main perpetrator will be Newell and as usual he’ll be allowed at least 3 of these challenges before he’s even spoken to. Beni will commit one foul and be immediately booked. When they get the ball they’ll launch diagonal balls to the wingers, whose first thought will be to fall on their arse and claim a free kick or penalty.

18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Their tactics will be to smash the life out of young Denholm, as usual the main perpetrator will be Newell and as usual he’ll be allowed at least 3 of these challenges before he’s even spoken to. Beni will commit one foul and be immediately booked. When they get the ball they’ll launch diagonal balls to the wingers, whose first thought will be to fall on their arse and claim a free kick or penalty.

The flair team or should I say the floor team!

19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not be a bad time for Naismith to highlight this ahead of time - ask for a strong performance from the referee...

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not be a bad time for Naismith to highlight this ahead of time - ask for a strong performance from the referee...

It's Cheatin Beaton, so no chance of a strong or even competent performance from the officials 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

That describes them to a tee.

On 24/12/2023 at 11:34, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane 

Yoda          McKay 

Shanks

1-0 Hearts

I would swap Sibbick for Atkinson. Could do with his speed .

Hibs still slight favourites with the bookies, which I find surprising. 

My mate stuck £100 on Hearts to win and both teams to score, odds are 4/1.

Think 10 of Saturdays 11 are certain starters, assuming no injuries/illness. The question mark I would have is, did Oda do enough and can he be relied upon in what is going to be a physical, frenetic game and huge atmosphere. I’d say the answers to those are no he didn’t do enough and doubtful he can, on all evidence. Therefore it wouldn’t surprise me to see Forrest back in especially given he was possibly MoM in the Tynie derby. 

• cosanostra featured and unfeatured this topic